• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GreyouTT

Awards
So, I've been playing the original FF7 on Switch, and I've been wondering something. We all joke about how long the FF7R saga is gonna take to finish, but in all honesty, how do you think travel along the locations on the world map is gonna be handled? If there's even a world map. will it be a quicker one with fast travel?

For now, let's just wait and see when the next chapter of the FF7R saga arrives.

For the second episode: The Chocobos and the buggy.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What do people think of a possible remaster/definitive version of Part 1 for PS5 and other platforms? Is it an inevitability? Or would it have likely been announced by now? I’m personally hoping for it with that cut Tifa content and fixed textures.

On one hand, I would think if they weren’t planning to do release an updated version, there would have been more patches for the original release. But on the other, I would think we’d have heard something already. Maybe they just want to focus entirely on Part 2. Or perhaps they have or want to wait until the PS4 exclusivity window ends before revealing a rerelease?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What do people think of a possible remaster/definitive version of Part 1 for PS5 and other platforms? Is it an inevitability? Or would it have likely been announced by now? I’m personally hoping for it with that cut Tifa content and fixed textures.

On one hand, I would think if they weren’t planning to do release an updated version, there would have been more patches for the original release. But on the other, I would think we’d have heard something already. Maybe they just want to focus entirely on Part 2. Or perhaps they have or want to wait until the PS4 exclusivity window ends before revealing a rerelease?

I personally think it will get a PS5 port for sure. There is so much they could do to make the game look and play better and any work done on a port would absolutely benefit their work on Part 2 which I can't imagine will be cross-gen.

And, of course, they would be smart releasing news about a PS5 port closer to when they are ready to reveal info on Part 2.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally think it will get a PS5 port for sure. There is so much they could do to make the game look and play better and any work done on a port would absolutely benefit their work on Part 2 which I can't imagine will be cross-gen.

And, of course, they would be smart releasing news about a PS5 port closer to when they are ready to reveal info on Part 2.

That’s a great point. I guess Re:Mind had me a bit spoiled with it coming out a year after KH3. But a remastered port to another console is a different beast. If future parts will be timed exclusives as well, I could see them aiming to release the ports to other consoles about halfway between the exclusive releases.

Alternatively, I’d be fine with a Spider-Man Remastered/Miles Morales situation where the port and Part 2 release together. I think the likelihood of that would depending on the size of the future installments though.

HeartsProdigy

Awards

I have a feeling that old FF games will have it's a remastered version, so I won't be surprised for other FF games to follow with the remastered releases. Oh how I wish we will have a remastered version of KH1 to KH3, that would definitely be awesome.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
As we all know trademarks don’t mean a thing, but man a Crisis Core port/remake would be so hype.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's a Cloud inside a Cloud that looks like a dream. Zack's backstory is going to be explained in one of Cloud's dreams.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just saw a good point on Twitter:

It wouldn’t hurt to keep an eye on the Tokyo concert for FFVIIR in February. They could reveal something there like they did with the KH concerts. Though with COVID, I’m not sure what their plan is.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
^ I wasn't interested in that concert, but it way they've been hyping it up we may have some reveal besides the predictable PS5 update, which wil come out sooner or later. Hopefully DLC or a small teaser for part 2.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
^ I wasn't interested in that concert, but it way they've been hyping it up we may have some reveal besides the predictable PS5 update, which wil come out sooner or later. Hopefully DLC or a small teaser for part 2.

I’m keeping my expectations at a version for PS5 and other consoles that improves performance, fixes graphical errors, and other issues. Then maybe some extra content like the Tifa chapter. Not gonna get my hopes up for Part 2, but I could see a trailer for the port closing with a new shot from Part 2 with a “now in development” tag.

That said, I think it’s likely we’ll find out what Ever Crisis is. Whatever it is.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I hope the 1st thing they confirm is that they fixed the door.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Well damn. Nothing came out of the concert regarding the future of the Remake... Nothing was promised, of course. But I’d still been hoping considering all the new trademarks that some kind of announcement would happen. Back to waiting.

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Well damn. Nothing came out of the concert regarding the future of the Remake... Nothing was promised, of course. But I’d still been hoping considering all the new trademarks that some kind of announcement would happen. Back to waiting.
We shall suffer together.

Those trademarks, the fact that almost one year has passed since the game was released, Square Enix history to reveal new things at concerts and all those videos hyping up the concert, made me believe something will be revealed too.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

FF7R Intergrade

-June 10th (or was that October 6th?)

-Graphics/features update free to owners of the PS4 version.

-New Yuffie chapter as sold separate DLC.

-Totally Deepground as the enemies.

So you all were asking for a mobile battle royal game, right?

EDIT: Oh God, this is the closest we get to open world Midgar!

& here's Ever Crisis:

EDIT: Oh lordy, the entire compilation, including AC & BC!

Last edited:
Back