• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don’t know anything about the spoilers in this game yet but I will say Nomura, Kitase, and Toriyama did say in their interviews leading up to release that this game wasn’t a traditional remake. Also we know these men. “Remake” never meant remake as we know it but “remake” like to completely “make something differently” which is a valid definition of the word and we all should have expected this from day 1.
The problem with that though, is that we really had no reason to expect [REDACTED]. Maybe in hindsight, emphasis on "maybe", their words could be seen as such, but even then it's a huge stretch, and most people aren't going to pay attention to all that. Everyone knew this game was going to be different, with an expanded story, new characters, bigger locations, probably some plot points getting rearranged so it all works as a full game, but, since you said you don't know about the spoilers yet, I'll try to be as vague as possible and put it a separate spoiler tag.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm probably gonna stay hush hush on this game and thread for now. I don't really have anything else to add, anyway. XD

Noivern

Awards
I'm still working throughout the game, I have a bit over 20h now and I'm about to start the Honeybee Inn stuff after the Coliseum.
My thoughts so far:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Spoiler Spoiler Show

anyways i beat the game yesterday. it was fun, working (slowly) towards the platinum now lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I beat the game night before last. This has been my most enjoyed Final Fantasy game since 12.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Beat the game yesterday!
Unlike FF15 and KH3, this one was worth the wait. Solid game on all fronts!

Favourite chapters by order: 4, 12, 9, 3 and 15.
Most boring chapter by order: 6, 10 and 11

Overall, the most boring parts for me were the sewers and tunnels. Train Graveyard isn't better either.

The minigames are awesome!

Favourite boss battle is the last one, but defeat Jules in pull-ups was the hardest challenge of the game. I had my heart beating way too fast after hours of failed attempts and no retry option...

Favourite playable character: Tifa. After find out her potential, I didn't want to play with anyone else. She's feels more like fighting game character than a RPG one. Aerith was the worst one. Great character, grea theme, but lame to play with. She made things harder in the last chapters boss battles, where we are forced to play with her.

As for DLC, I would like a theater menu so I can see the cutscenes, an option to dance again in Honey Inn and a retry option for the minigames. Nothing hard to do, I suppose.

Their main focus now should be part 2 which I don't expect to come out before 2024, but I hope it covers more content from the original story than this one.

About the last boss battle:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Eonstar890

Awards
Hello All! I have never played a Final Fantasy game before this and I have just now finished FF7R! Going into it all I knew about these characters was their appearances in KH, and lemme tell ya.. I like them WAY more in this title than I ever did in KH.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I really liked the gameplay for this game as well. Being able to play as all these different characters was so cool and I loved how they all had different roles. My only complaint on this would be materia setups. It was kinda hard to pick out what to use when element wise since you never really know what an enemy will be like, but I suppose that's more of a hard mode thing. I wish that the leveling up for materia was across the board tho. For example, once one fire material is level 2 then they all are versus every time you want a new fire materia its like starting from scratch. Overall though it was a very fun play through and this party system is actually something I have been dying to see in Kingdom Hearts! Like imagine this type of party system for Sora, Riku, and Kairi! I'd die of pure happiness.

I totally agree that sometimes the weird forced slow walking was annoying, but other times it made sense so eh I am not that bothered. The visuals looked great to me, and characters were very well developed. I can tell they put a lot of effort into making Midgar immersive and I loved it.

Super excited for the second installment! I am totally invested now in this story and where it leads. I dived into this knowing absolutely nothing about anything and can say I am happy with what I got :)

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I was also a bit surprised at how unhappy folks were with the ending. I enjoyed it and it gives a lot of potential paths for the other volumes to take. I'm still working my way to the platinum and discovering new things (did you know holding run while descending a ladder makes you slide down it at max speed?), it's pretty great.

OneDandelion

Awards
All of my friends seem to love this game so I acknowledge that this might just be a nitpicking issue by me. I am very biased when it comes to FF7 because I was exposed to it when I was very young, my cousins played it and as a result there is a very specific tone and idea I have in mind when I think about this game. The only other games that come close are TLoZ alttp and Ocarina of Time, and similarly (against popular opinion) I hated the sequel nintendo made for alttp.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
One of the things I’m most interested in Part 2 and on is how they’ll handle the party.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I loved it. I loved the ending. This isn't a perfect game but it is a damn good one.

Leslie will be a party member in a future game. There. It has been said.

The dialogue felt so natural and the characters feel alive. The story had good pacing outside of some very unnecessary segments like the road to Wall Market, getting to Mako Reactor 5, some parts of the Train Graveyard. Even though you are on a linear path, I never felt like it was forced. There was enough variety and things going on that made it feel like a natural progression of the story.

I do think they should have kept the allure of Sephiroth being a mystery, but I get what they are going for here. There is a certain sort of allure in Sephiroth trying to seduce Cloud. He even took him to look at a heart shaped nebula on the edge of creation. That's romance, y'all.

But really, I get it.

Also in regards to Zack in that alternate reality with Champs the dog, well, I'm fine with that because everybody was asking the question "What if Zack had beat the infantrymen?" back when Crisis Core released. It's our own fault, really. We should have never asked the question because we never knew these men were crazy enough to answer it.

Now it is time to consume all FF7 media obsessively until Part 2 is announced. Also...why did I love this more than KH3?

OneDandelion

Awards
Leslie will be a party member in a future game. There. It has been said.

Now it is time to consume all FF7 media obsessively until Part 2 is announced. Also...why did I love this more than KH3?

As much as I disliked many of the changes brought in this remake I will say Leslie was the best new addition by far. And I just found out his Japanese voice actor is the same as Yozora's.

There is far more to like about this game than KH3, that's probably why

Happyfunshineman

Awards
So hard mode is pretty legit. When I first read the description upon beating the game, I thought it sounded impossible. It’s actually quite doable and is making me really appreciate and understand the materia system a lot better this time around.

Can we also agree that the mini game featured at the Honeybee Inn sequence was probably one of the best moments in the game?

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah. I'm skipping the MAJOR boss chapters in Hard Mode to return to them later once I'm even stronger after clearing other chapters but I'm actually enjoying it a bit. I've done 5 chapters already lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So hard mode is pretty legit. When I first read the description upon beating the game, I thought it sounded impossible. It’s actually quite doable and is making me really appreciate and understand the materia system a lot better this time around.

Can we also agree that the mini game featured at the Honeybee Inn sequence was probably one of the best moments in the game?
Hard mode is 100x easier than normal mode because the game trains you in understanding how to actually play as the characters, and you’re right because of that in terms of how it made you learn how to use materia effectively.

I was surprised with how much ease I took down bosses in one go that I died to in hard mode. Also the
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As much as I disliked many of the changes brought in this remake I will say Leslie was the best new addition by far. And I just found out his Japanese voice actor is the same as Yozora's.

There is far more to like about this game than KH3, that's probably why

Leslie has good groundwork. I really do hope they deliver something good with his story.

lol that's true.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Theory on the game, particularly the ending:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah that sounds like a valid theory.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I finished the game yesterday, and wow. Wow.
There was just so many good things, sure there were boring parts of the game, but overall it was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't mind getting it to platinum.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back