• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
He may look more menacing, but part of me wanted to see him rock his old, enormous beard.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm gonna butt in and say that, as a Marketing professional, I doubt Square Enix is gonna release a DEMO for the Remake. The anticipation this game has had and the non-distributed DEMOs is Marketing enough.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm gonna butt in and say that, as a Marketing professional, I doubt Square Enix is gonna release a DEMO for the Remake. The anticipation this game has had and the non-distributed DEMOs is Marketing enough.

Idk. The person who found the asset seems to know what they’re talking about. They found something else that suggests the file size for the demo could be 10.2 GB. Since they also discovered the assets for RE3 and that was real, I’m inclined to believe it’s legit. But I don’t want to get my hopes up. I guess if the Patapon 2 stuff turns out to be legit, we’ll know this should be too.

I don’t see how releasing the demo publicly now that they don’t have any major marketing events between now and release is a bad idea. At best, it’s going to help carry the last leg of the game’s marketing and sell the game to anyone who may still be on the fence about getting it.

Here’s the person’s latest thread mentioning the possible file size. It doesn’t seem like he’s trying to mislead anyone.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There will be a downloadable demo.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not to put down your marketing prowess or anything but this isn't really a matter of assumption. This is a real file that was uploaded to PSN's servers. I mean they could very well change their minds and not release it...

Anyways, you don't think there is any benefit to reaching out to people who don't know squat about FF7 with a demo or say celebrating the anniversary on January 31st with a gift to fans a little over a month before the release of the game?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not to put down your marketing prowess or anything but this isn't really a matter of assumption. This is a real file that was uploaded to PSN's servers. I mean they could very well change their minds and not release it...

Anyways, you don't think there is any benefit to reaching out to people who don't know squat about FF7 with a demo or say celebrating the anniversary on January 31st with a gift to fans a little over a month before the release of the game?
It's a good strategy, it really is, but personally I would think it's overkill.

But yeah, a DEMO to reach non-dedicated gamers makes sense.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I would love a Remake of the demo. The opening vs the Scorpion Tank thing. That would be so cool. I played that old demo so much before I could actually get my hands on FF7. I wonder when they'd announce it though, or if they'd just quietly add it to the store. I would hate for it to go unnoticed or to release it at the same time or AFTER the game (*coughcoughKingdomHearts3cough*) because when I get my First Class edition I'm not playing anything else until I've got that sweet sweet plat.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I would love a Remake of the demo. The opening vs the Scorpion Tank thing. That would be so cool. I played that old demo so much before I could actually get my hands on FF7. I wonder when they'd announce it though, or if they'd just quietly add it to the store. I would hate for it to go unnoticed or to release it at the same time or AFTER the game (*coughcoughKingdomHearts3cough*) because when I get my First Class edition I'm not playing anything else until I've got that sweet sweet plat.
If anything, they could release the DEMO a month before the game's release and give Re:MIND a full week of sales before releasing the DEMO.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The demo intro leaked and it's gorgeous!
Loved the storyboard for Aerith's scene and the direction seems to be pretty solid.

Hopefully Nomura doesn't get too mad. 😜

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The whole of part 1 has leaked, there's a screencap of the final boss floating about amongst other characters.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sony really needs to work on that internal security. This is so much worse than RE3 now.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I honestly don’t think they intended to release this prior to the game’s release, considering the game purchase screen attached to the demo doesn’t mention preorder information and the sheer amount of data contained in it.

Back