• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
EKOjaBpXUAAPBca

EKOjL3_WoAAEFKm

49119447222_f7bc88b7a8_b.jpg

49119447117_ecb16a5560_b.jpg

More here:

Each weapon has its own unique weapon abilities that increase in proficiency the more they are used. When an ability’s proficiency level reaches the maximum, that ability is then learned by the wielder and can be used when wielding any weapon.

The different options allow you to improve the wielder’s status or increase the number of Materia slots available.

Classic Mode can be activated by selecting “CLASSIC” from the difficulty menu. In Classic Mode, party members will act automatically, with the ATB gauge filling up as they do so. In this mode, the player only needs to select which abilities, magic, and items they will use their ATB charges for. This brings the feel of the gameplay closer to the menu-based battles from the original FFVII but with the amazing immersive graphics of the remake.

It is also possible to revert to direct control at any time during Classic Mode by pushing buttons on the controller.

The triangle button activates each character’s unique ability. Cloud’s unique ability is to switch between different fighting styles. He can switch between “Operator Mode” which has a good balance between attack and defense, and “Punisher Mode” which is geared heavily towards offense. In Punisher Mode, Cloud’s movement speed is reduced, but his basic Square button attacks are upgraded to even mightier blows.

Chocobo & Moogle use their special move “Stampede” to run down the enemy with a herd of chocobos.

While equipping Summon Materia, you will be able to summon a powerful ally once the special summon gauge fills up. Summons will fight alongside you automatically on the battlefield, but you can also use your own ATB charges to have them perform special abilities. Just before they leave the fight, your ally will unleash a powerful special move!

Assess – Materia that allows you to use the Assess ability. When you use Assess on an enemy, you can see their resistances and weaknesses, making it easier to defeat them in battle.

You can play darts at the dartboard in Seventh Heaven.

FFVIIR dev heads speak on the game: https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/final-fantasy-vii-remake-developers

With regard to new characters, of whom I said during past interviews that there would be “none” – though they aren’t main characters, their numbers ended up growing considerably in the process of creating a rich depiction of Midgar. When you think of Midgar’s final boss, you probably think of the M.O.T.O.R., but in this game new bosses will appear and add to the excitement of the story even more.

We’ve already begun working on the next one as well, but I’m confident that playing through this title will expand your expectations just like the world that extends beyond Midgar.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well at least the Nomura moogles don't look like a bunch of taped together balloons.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I pray this game goes gold soon with a hype trailer. My money on is late January.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
We’ve already begun working on the next one as well, but I’m confident that playing through this title will expand your expectations just like the world that extends beyond Midgar.

Good to see Nomura already confirming they started working in part 2, even though I don't expect it to come out before 2023 at least.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Good to see Nomura already confirming they started working in part 2, even though I don't expect it to come out before 2023 at least.
Um, they already have a finished game. It's a matter of creating any additional assets. I don't think it'll take them more than two years.

Neo_

Awards
Why do they need to put that on the box? lol

So 3/3/21 is the target date for completion? Did they mention how many episodes it will take, and how long each will account for? I heard the first is only Midgar... I never actually completed the game, but isn't that only intro? Like the first 2% of the game?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why do they need to put that on the box? lol
The first part of the remake series is exclusive on PS4 until March 3rd 2021. After that, Square Enix can decide if they want to release the game on other consoles or on PC. It's actually rather generous of Square Enix and PlayStation to give an end date to the timed exclusivity, since other companies like to keep those details in secret just so they can get money out of consumers.

So 3/3/21 is the target date for completion? Did they mention how many episodes it will take, and how long each will account for? I heard the first is only Midgar... I never actually completed the game, but isn't that only intro? Like the first 2% of the game?
It's not a release guide for the entire project. They have not said how many episodes it will take nor how long each will account for, but they have expressed that there's a lot of content being packed into the first part.

As for Midgar, think of it in the original game as being the length of like Roxas's prologue and 0.2 together. In the original version, it's quite streamlined for events and seasoned players can finish it quickly, but on average it would take a while.

The remake is expanding on this with new areas, new characters, new boss fights, and more. With cutscenes being played out in real time with voice acting, that contributes to the inflated play time as opposed to the original where people could get through the text as quick or as slow as they wanted to.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I now want Cloud's uniform to be gradually covered in flowers by the end of the game.

Back