• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

So what's your DO's and DONT's for this remake?

For me, the only thing that really matters is that they keep Genesis and Gackt as far away from this remake as possible. Also, I don't want them to censor or cut anything because it's controversial. Wall Market is supposed to be shady, with its prostitution and all.
And not to mention the scene involving what hojo tried to do with Red Xlll and Aerith.

As much as i dont want them to change anything controversial, I'm kind of nervous that they will in order to avoid offending certain groups.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

anyone notice the red feather drop? genesis anyone? teehee

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

No. Don't say that!

Genesis needs to be retconned out of the compilation.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

i need to start a petition for them to keep this turn based.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I don't care if it's turn-based or not. ATB is hardly turn-based. I'd be fine with them changing it to CTB (FFX). Or Action-RPG. ATB is the last thing I want to see return.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

What do you mean? This is the first remake of the game they've ever worked on.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

i'd love it if the people who ever typed or uttered the word "overrated" in relation to this game got banned from ever playing it.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

i'd love it if the people who ever typed or uttered the word "overrated" in relation to this game got banned from ever playing it.

Overrated doesn’t automatically mean that you think it sucks. I think it’s overrated, BUT I will most likely pick this one up as well. I still like the game, it’s just never going to be my favorite FF.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Calling something overrated = basically being annoyed that there are people out there who like it more than you do.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

So what's your DO's and DONT's for this remake?

For me, the only thing that really matters is that they keep Genesis and Gackt as far away from this remake as possible. Also, I don't want them to censor or cut anything because it's controversial. Wall Market is supposed to be shady, with its prostitution and all.
I'm trying to figure out how Genesis can be fit in. I don't think he'd work during Cloud's Nibelheim Reactor flashback. I can see the real flashback using him briefly, but maybe not hearing his dialogue.

I want all of the Wall Market escapade to stay. All! Of! It! In the Fort Condor mini-game, I want to be able to keep my surviving units and level them up.
I want them to revamp the plot in Nibelheim. After the initial scene the gang doesn't really react to anything. Not even the black blob...black cloaked people.
And that the area's whole shocking truth isn't revealed solely by letters (and have the characters react to reading them.)

anyone notice the red feather drop? genesis anyone? teehee
My first thought was a Phoenix Down.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Imagine Mog's Forest! It's gonna be trippy!

Happyfunshineman

Awards

I know this game is going to have a lot of changes made to it, which I'm honestly mostly fine with, but there's so much goofy stuff in FF7 I want to see with breathtaking graphics.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

So when the assets for this game are finished, what are the chances of us getting Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus with updated graphics á la Type-0 HD but probably even more extreme? Those games are already in full 3D, so it shouldn't be too hard to just replace most/all graphic models with new ones. right?

Happyfunshineman

Awards

So when the assets for this game are finished, what are the chances of us getting Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus with updated graphics á la Type-0 HD but probably even more extreme? Those games are already in full 3D, so it shouldn't be too hard to just replace most/all graphic models with new ones. right?

If FF7Remake is a success I could easily see Square continuing the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. Not saying if that's a good thing or not, but Square would totally do it.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

i need to start a petition for them to keep this turn based.
Well, the battle system is one of the very first things to be decided in development, so you'd be beating a dead horse. The majority of folks I've seen on other boards are rooting for an ARPG, and considering Nomura, it's more than likely.

So, because someone doesn't love the old game as much as you, they shouldn't be allowed to play a new take which could possibly change their minds? You're the worst kind of fanboy. I bet you think Advent Children was a good movie, too.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I'm being a little out of line, here.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I'm hoping for a version of the CTB from FFX. Being able to mess with the turn order and swap characters on the fly = win.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I'd love to see the battle system take the direction Versus XIII was originally going to have, something more Kingdom Hearts-esque. It's not that I dislike turn based games, but outside of Persona, it's really hard for me to get into any current turn based games.

I can play the crap out of the old Final Fantasies, PS1 and PS2 era turn based games, but beyond that I don't know, it's just different.

Back