• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

I think the pre-rendered backgrounds in the original are breathtakingly beautiful. It really is just the polygon models that needed a facelift. The translation was always the worst thing about the game, imo.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

the translation was one of my favourite parts haha

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Only thing I'm 99% sure is going to be changed is the mandatory inclusion of Vincent and Yuffie. They won't be optional characters anymore. Putting all that money into a game of this scale, with voice actors and the whole nine, they're going to make damn sure everyone gets those two lmao

I would guess that's what they change as well. They're both popular characters and Vincent got his own game so they'll probably want to make sure everyone recruits them.

the translation was one of my favourite parts haha

The translations in a lot of the games from the 90's is hilarious. xD

The comments in that article is why we can't have anything nice.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It'd make more sense for them to develop a proper remake for Vita or as added content to the inevitable Crisis Core HD release. They can recycle so many assets with this new project now.

The comments in that article is why we can't have anything nice.

Yeah. So many idiots already saying they're going to ruin it.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Interesting read:
'Final Fantasy VII': The challenge of remaking a classic

Nomura didn't know about the PC port, turn base is gone, lighter moments such as cross dressing cloud are in the game since those scenes are what make FFVII be FFVII, suggests changes in story such as technology advances e.g. laptop.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Was completely stoked when this was announced. I've contemplated buying FFVII on PS1 so many times but never have since it's so expensive, even used. Of all the FF games, VII has my favorite characters and story, and yet I've never played it myself. Finally, I'll be able to play it, albeit I'm sure it will be different, but I'm okay with that. I'm sure some of the mechanics and such in the PS1 game are dated by now, so it'll be nice for the game to get some modern tweaks.

Not too many though, I hope. Gotta preserve the nostalgia for the long time fans.

bgizzles45

This guy are sick.

Can't wait to see how WEAPONS look like in these graphics. It looks a lot better than Advent Children.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i can't wait to see fireworks part in the the remake that scene was nice

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Interesting read:

Nomura didn't know about the PC port, turn base is gone, lighter moments such as cross dressing cloud are in the game since those scenes are what make FFVII be FFVII, suggests changes in story such as technology advances e.g. laptop.
Had a feeling turn-based battles are out, it didn't quite age well.
It's good that we'll still get to torture Cloud with the cross-dressing. And thanks to the power technology, all the dress items should look different now.
If changes to the story are just simple things like tech then I'm cool with it. But if I find out anything that is Wall Market was changed or removed then there will be war.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Although I doubt it would happen, I'd love if one of those changes to FFVII was the ability to physically dress up my characters however I want, be it make Tifa wear something ridiculous, like a giant Moogle mascot suit, or have Cloud fighting evil in a giant wedding dress ala Lightning Returns style.

I mean, regular outfits would be cool too, but I've noticed customizable outfits in SE games rarely ever go quite as wacky or cross-dressing as TWEWY (which, to be fair, you couldn't see the materials you put on characters, but I used some pretty good heels to give Neku some good stats).

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Interesting read:

It doesn't surprise me that he says they want people to be open to buying a PS4. Square is taking out all of its big guns this generation. Hopefully will work out for them and the console market in Japan will survive.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Only thing I'm 99% sure is going to be changed is the mandatory inclusion of Vincent and Yuffie. They won't be optional characters anymore. Putting all that money into a game of this scale, with voice actors and the whole nine, they're going to make damn sure everyone gets those two lmao

That would make a lot of sense. Both of them have gone on to become Ensemble Darkhorses within the franchise, so I'd be surprised if we still needed to go out of our way to get them now.

Eek. How people can like Gackt is beyond me.

Do put Cissnei in the game though!

Genesis' only real problem character-wise is that he literally and consciously made himself into another Sephiroth. If they added a little more originality to him, he might have been better received.

And yes, I'd love to have Cissnei in there.

I'm pretty sure that there would have been an actual mob making its way to Square Enix if that part were cut out of the remake. XD

Interesting read:

Somehow, I'm not entirely surprised that the turn based combat is gone. I would've liked it if it was kept in there considering that that's how it was in the original, but then again, the ATB wasn't entirely turn based and was made to be more of an action element in a turn based genre.

Was completely stoked when this was announced. I've contemplated buying FFVII on PS1 so many times but never have since it's so expensive, even used. Of all the FF games, VII has my favorite characters and story, and yet I've never played it myself. Finally, I'll be able to play it, albeit I'm sure it will be different, but I'm okay with that. I'm sure some of the mechanics and such in the PS1 game are dated by now, so it'll be nice for the game to get some modern tweaks.

Not too many though, I hope. Gotta preserve the nostalgia for the long time fans.

I'd still try to get the game if you can just to see how the game for yourself. It's one thing to see someone playing the game, quite another to experience it yourself. If you must have an original copy, then it can be between $40-$70 depending on where you go.

This guy are sick.

Can't wait to see how WEAPONS look like in these graphics. It looks a lot better than Advent Children.

^THIS!

Although I doubt it would happen, I'd love if one of those changes to FFVII was the ability to physically dress up my characters however I want, be it make Tifa wear something ridiculous, like a giant Moogle mascot suit, or have Cloud fighting evil in a giant wedding dress ala Lightning Returns style.

I mean, regular outfits would be cool too, but I've noticed customizable outfits in SE games rarely ever go quite as wacky or cross-dressing as TWEWY (which, to be fair, you couldn't see the materials you put on characters, but I used some pretty good heels to give Neku some good stats).

I'd like to see that happen.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Genesis' only real problem character-wise is that he literally and consciously made himself into another Sephiroth. If they added a little more originality to him, he might have been better received.

I think the fact that he's essentially Gackt and his obsession with that stupid poem are even bigger problems. Crisis Core would have worked just fine if the clone experiments had only been performed on Angeal, who's basically a less grumpy version of Auron.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards

My jaw dropped at this. I've had the original downloaded on my PS3 for a long time now and have been putting off playing it. Now I get to play it for the first time in it's remade glory.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

By the way, according to Kagari from NeoGAF (who's well connected and knew about this remake for a whole year), the situation with this game is similar to Sony's deal with Capcom for Street Fighter V. Sony is also funding Shenmue III. It seems we can expect more deals like this from Sony, since they're obviously trying to get Japanese gamers to care about consoles again.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

So I wonder how will FF7 Remake's battle mechanics will play? Will it be something like Crisis Core? Like FINAL FANTASY XV? Areas seem to be huge in this game, so it'll obviously be something along the lines of Action RPG.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

There are unfortunately way too many purists who think the game will be "ruined" if it's not ATB or turn-based. I would love to see something similar to Lightning Returns, where you can also switch between characters and assign materia to your buttons.

Back