• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy V - "Ha! I lied! Like a rug!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
FFV is easily one of my favorites in the series, so it's really cool hearing all this shit about it and how it was made. Honestly, I would love to see FFV get the 3D treatment because there are so many wonderful scenes and character moments that deserve to be shown off with the new graphical style the FF series is able to pull off.

Lenna's Dragon and then Galuf's ending super got me emotional. Oh, and Syldra.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I kind of want them to start over with all the 3D remakes.

The first three games need complete makeovers in terms of plot and writing. More character development, expanded towns and things like that. Use the canon names for the Warriors of Light from the novellas. I wouldn't mind I-III being remade in the Bravely Default or Setsuna style. Tokyo RPG Factory could easily handle that.

IV-VI deserve actual remakes though. Well, they deserve perfect 2D remakes too, like FFIV got on PSP (although I want that in higher resolution). But as far as 3D remakes go, they deserve to look at least on par with Dragon Quest XI, if not better.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, after Dissidia's retcons to FF1 I wouldn't really want Square to do anymore expanding on the older games.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Not sure what retcons you're talking about. Dissidia is its own alternative universe. Nothing in it that contradicts the original games is canon to those.

As far as actual retcons go, Crisis Core is the worst. It would seem that Square Enix and/or Nomura has had a falling out with Gackt, which would explain why he won't be in the Remake. That's the best piece of FFVII related news in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back