• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy The Spirits Within

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
So I just watched this movie...
Could someone tell me what's wrong with it?

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i think the movie's ok but it lacks most of the famous FF elements. i've read people saying it's not final fantasy-ish or so..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love the movie, but it wasn't what Final Fantasy is. The movie seems like it should have another name with no relation to FF since it was more of a sci-fi film.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
The entire world seems to hate this movie, but I actually quite enjoy it.
The special effects at the time were amazing (in a way, they still are today) and the story is not that bad.

What irked people is that it's not "Final Fantasy". And... I agree.
Its not. It's just a fairly good sci-fi flick.

State

Awards
Hm... Now that you mention it, I got so drawn into the movie that I remembered it was Final Fantasy because of the title. But as you said, aliens aren't Final Fantasies expertise.

/inb4aliensinfinalfantasyxvi

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
It's a good movie. I remember seeing it when it first came out and loving it even back then...but like others have said it's not Final Fantasy. Frankly I think it should just been called Spirits Within and left it at that.

State

Awards
It's a good movie. I remember seeing it when it first came out and loving it even back then...but like others have said it's not Final Fantasy. Frankly I think it should just been called Spirits Within and left it at that.

Now, I heard Yoichi Wada, Square Enix's CEO, has taken an interest in expanding SE's video game development by Westernizing it a bit. Final Fantasy The Spirits Within would make an awesome Call of Duty-like game, it'd be like the Halo of Japan.

Raebus

Its a fantastic movie, miles better than advent children. I suppose people would like it more if it didn't have the ff name in it but its still pretty retarded to ignore good things about a film just because it doesn't have many elements from the ff series.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I haven't seen this since I saw it in theaters when I was in 2nd grade. I remember one of my friends bothering me the whole movie so I don't remember much :\
I'll probably rewatch it eventually.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Spirits Within should be used as a study guide for how to make a video game movie which bankrupts the corporation and forces it to merge with a rival company.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Spirits Within should be used as a study guide for how to make a video game movie which bankrupts the corporation and forces it to merge with a rival company.

In this case thats a positive thing. The Spirits Within's bad performance at the box office was one of the deciding factors in the merger that brought us SE as we know it today.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Like people said, there isn't much of a FF theme to it. But other reasons it failed are, amongst others, the uncanny valley. Can't really explain it well myself, so just follow the link. Another was that it had to compete with the shitfest known as Tomb Raider and people were more drawn to Angelina Jolie while not really realising it was another videogame movie.

Personally I thought it was a decent movie.

State

Awards
In this case thats a positive thing. The Spirits Within's bad performance at the box office was one of the deciding factors in the merger that brought us SE as we know it today.
Squaresoft's better, Square Enix sucks.
That's more of a matter of opinion =/
Opinions can sometimes be correct and sometimes not. But anyhow, name one Square Enix product that goes over a Squaresoft product.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Opinions can sometimes be correct and sometimes not.
Not really.
But anyhow, name one Square Enix product that goes over a Squaresoft product.
Are you trying to determine the quality of there work by the number of sales? Or are you trying to say that Square Soft was financially more successful than SE? If not I have no idea what your asking.

Squaresoft's better, Square Enix sucks.
And that folks is what we call an opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back