• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy Tactics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favorite ff's imo. Best story, great characters, and an original battle system.

FF: TA *Shudders at the thought of this game.* This game disgraced FFT. Horrible story. A Book?! C'mon now.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The only thing that really sucked about Tactics Advance was it's story. I think what Square-Enix's fourth Dev team thought was that if they were making a game for a handheld for NINTENDO which is primarily geared toward CHILDREN, it might be a little risquè to throw in a long and complicted ( but completely awesome ) story that involves corrupt churches, bloody feuds between brothers, and anything necessarily interesting.

However, everything else was horribly addicting, in my opinion. I found myself dueling clans over and over to boost my clan ranking, and missions were fun and varied to take part in. The interface was sexy for the GBA, and made navigating through the formation an enjoyable affair. Second, I loved FFIX's system of learning abilities from weapons. Sure, it was simplistic compared to FFVIII's junction fiasco ( not knocking it, twas fun, but this is in comparison ). FFTA implements this very well. Law cards and prison seemed to annoy a lot of people, but I was one of the few whom loved it. Sure, who wouldn't like to go all out on another clan? I for one would, but there's no real difficulty in it in Tactics Advance with buffered hit rates and instantaneous spell casting. So, laws and the slammer were thrown in to keep you from annihilating without much thought into it. Some laws are simple to avoid, such as "Addle" or "Wind", and others are a real pain in the arse. "Healing" and "Dmg2: 'Insert Race'" are just two I can think of. Thankfully, if you invest in Ezel's Antilaw cards, you can trump any judge trying to ruin your fun.

Overall, I think that it gets a bad rap because people were expecting it to be better than Tactics. It is by no means better, but not bad by any means. And also, some Final Fantasy fans are spoiled little goobers that if something less than their high expectations comes around, it's dismissed as trash. Trust me, there are a lot worse RPG's than Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Final Fantasy X-2. Even from Square-Enix. One example: Unlimited Saga. I still have nightmares from it.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Tactics is a great game to get for PS. It had a great storyline, nice battle system if your patient, and some cool characters. It takes a while to get Cloud and I don't really think its worth it sicne he is level 1 when you get him and your maybe over level 40 or 50. He has some nice limits though. I love the job system.

Tactics advance wasn't too bad in my opinion. I didn't have a problem with the storyline that much and it. Its basically like Tactics, but a different storyline.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Yeah well it was only in a certain area. I wish you could of set them up ANYWHERE on the battlefield.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Final Fantasy Tactics is quite possibly the best game to ever come from Squaresoft, save for Xenogears or Final Fintasy IV. Everything about it rules. The plot is fantastic, a tale full of treachery and deceit. Some may find it too convoluted, but they suck. It's also quite possibly the deepest strategy game I've come across, due to the combat and the party customization. The music is all orchestral and phenominal, one of my favorite soundtracks in the industry.

My only complaints are that the sprites could more animations, and the localization is very bad at times. Romanization must be a bitch.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I actually didn't mind the story in FFTA. I knew that it wasn't going to be like the one in FFTactics.

My biggest gripe with FFTA is that it was far too easy. Whenever I give my enemies an opening, they never act upon it. They usually just do something completely useless then run away. They rarely use any special abilities, aside from mages classes and someone with "Far Fist."

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i really loved final fantasy tactics. you get some really cool moves and the storyline is amazing. i played 10 min of ffta and i hated it, but maybe it gets better later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back