• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnTrainerJ

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I know these games are quite old, and there's probably not many who play them still but I enjoy restarting TA quite a bit and doing missions I haven't before.

I like the system in the game, even though the storyline is a bit weak.

TA2 got a bit confusing for me, though I may buy it once more.

If you've ever played them, or want to discuss the games, do so here, and if you can think of a witty quote like the other threads have, that's good too.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance has the most refined gameplay of the three imo, but the original has an epic story and a fun difficulty level. FFTA2 is a bit of a mess to be honest. It's too complicated, but not in a way that increases the challenge.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
FFT is a fantastic strategy-rpg game and one of SE's best games ever, period. TA is a pretty great game in its own right, even if people like to bitch about stupid shit that doesn't matter (i.e marche being a villain which is retarded).

State

Awards
I'm still waiting for my Final Fantasy Tactics A3(D).

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
FFT is a fantastic strategy-rpg game and one of SE's best games ever, period. TA is a pretty great game in its own right, even if people like to bitch about stupid shit that doesn't matter (i.e marche being a villain which is retarded).

Marche is a villain of sorts. That's why I like him as a complex character. He destroys a whole universe in the name of what is true and he believes is just. He's the ultimate judge and would make a very good villain if the game was told from another perspective.

State

Awards
Marche is a villain of sorts. That's why I like him as a complex character. He destroys a whole universe in the name of what is true and he believes is just. He's the ultimate judge and would make a very good villain if the game was told from another perspective.

Would you like to write every single aspect on why you think Marche is the TRUE villain of FFTA? This has certainly intrigued me.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
even though i never beat the game, TA was my first FF game ive ever played and ive alot of respect for it as a TRPG^^ (granted, tactics is to epic to really compare to it, and ive never really played any of the other ivalice games >,>)

march, in a way, can be considered an antagonist (note, i said antagonist, not villian). just like the main protagonist doesnt have to be the stories hero, it's true for the antagonist as well. march got in the way of everyones dream- their "happily ever after" Mewt went from socially awkard to being a prince/ritz went from a slightly self concious girl (if not a bit of a tsun-tsun^^) to a skilled bounty hunter/ and doned(sp?) can now run around and play adventurer instead of being confined to a wheelchair 24/7. march can be called the "villian" because he is against this, so he persues to end the dream world ivalice to return to the real world st ivalice.
but in the same respect, march cant really be claimed as an antagonist because, just as he opposes everyone, everyone is very muchly against him for just wanting to go home- which is fairly normal for anyone when you think about it. in the end, it's just a matter of who's the most selfish in this case, and who's pov is more correct. atleast that's what i think. >,>

siegleeagle

To be honest I refuse to believe that marche is a villain or bad in any way because if the other characters can't face reality then tough. I can get pretty mad at people who don't face up to reality and sit up in the clouds. I haven't had the best life at times and I dealt with all of my problems head on (even suicide at one point). Now I am very happy. So for everyone who got something better in the dream ivalice, to bad for them.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Would you like to write every single aspect on why you think Marche is the TRUE villain of FFTA? This has certainly intrigued me.

I don't think he's the true villain, in term of the story he is never characterised as a villain. But if you took his exact motives, they would be pretty satisfying for a villain of any other FF game.

EDIT: Siegle, this is why people consider him a villain. It's not just a case of facing reality, it's a case of telling an entire world of people that they have no right to exist and should accept this.

State

Awards
it's a case of telling an entire world of people that they have no right to exist and should accept this.
So? Different scenario, same solution. Face reality, that's all.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait... Did things go back the way they were, or he terminated the world and that's it?

Things went back to the way they were before, but in doing so he intentionally destroyed a whole world with people living in it.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
hmmm, no- i dont think they destroyd ivalice. it still exsist in in FFTA2 and FF12 (which are, more or less, direct sequels th TA)

True enough, there's debate in that, but nothing interesting. But suffice to say that Marche was not aware that the world would keep going after he left; this is even touched on in the game. Anyway I don't know why this got so out of hand, probably best to end it.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
I'm not a fan of FFT at all, but that's mainly because the poor design and gameplay put me off it. I should really replay it and try to appreciate the storyline better. On the other hand i absolutely love TA and TA2. The gameplay and job system in those are great. I've never looked at the point Jackstin made about Marche being considered a villain before. Very interesting, makes me appreciate the game even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back