• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy/Square Enix Keyblade Evolutions and Transformations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEASTENDER

I recently remembered something I realized not so long ago. It has been confirmed that every keyblade featured in Kingdom hearts 3 will have a keyblade transformation. The KH series typically bases it's keyblades after an entire Disney World, Character, or Theme. However, there are a select few that are based off of FF character weapons; my personal favorite being the Fenrir.

Now, what could this mean for KH3? If KH2's keyblades all had transformations, Fenrir, Sleeping Lion, Gullwing, and Guardian Soul's transformations would likely mimic their Final Fantasy weapon counterparts.

So what I'm saying is, if those 3 keyblades were in KH3, they would all have keyblade transformations . And subsequently, those transformations would likely mimic their Final Fantasy counterparts! To some degree anyway. Fenir is based off of Kingdom Hearts representation of Cloud's Buster Sword. Sleeping Lion is based and inspired by Leon's Gunblade. So in short, I believe Fenrir would transform into a Buster Sword, and Sleeping Lion into a Gunblade. I'm not saying with 100% accuracy or anything, but at the very least a loosely based resemblance in the visual aesthetic and overall functionality. There is also the matter of keyblade evolution. Something we have seen in a couple of the KH "spinoff" titles - where a keyblade starts off one way, but ultimately transforms into a slightly different keyblade overtime. I see so much potential for this idea, and I think it will make it into the game since I believe Final Fantasy keyblades will return in KH3 - since Final Fantasy characters have been confirmed to play a bigger role than in the past few titles, and because every keyblade has a transformation.

So now my question to you all. What kind of Final Fantasy or Square Enix based keyblades would you like to see in KH3, along with what you'd like it to transform into and how it would work. If you'd like to share, I'd also like to know how you'd like the actual keyblade to evolve over time if that is a feature in 3. I also thought that maybe keyblade transformations could get stronger too! Just like Drive Form abilities did in KH2. Take the Fenrir for example. It's keybade transformation would likely be a buster sword. It's LVL.1 transformation may be a small buster sword. It's LVL.2, a full sized one. It's LVL.3 transformation could be an overly large and exaggerated buster sword! I don't want Star Wars to enter KH3, but I wouldn't mind a little represnation like a Lightsaber Keyblade. And it's transformation could be just as you would guess; a lightsaber (or lightsaber-esque) transformation. So I'd like to hear your ideas for FF/Square Enix based transformations.

Here are some of mine:

TWEWY: There was one keyblade called the Skull Noise in DDD. In this transformation, perhaps he could grow Reaper wings (like they did in the game), and Sora's magic could turn into the stylized magic from that game or something. No-Heart's keyblade also transformed into Wings in BBS Final Mix. In any case, I'm sure it could be based off the many pins that the game has to offer, as reaper wings may not fit Sora's charcter.

Chrono Trigger: I like Crono's final weapon, Rainbow or Dreamseeker. I'd love to see a keyblade based off the color of that blade. No particular ideas on the transformation, but Chrono Trigger may never make it into the KH series anyway lol.

Final Fantasy XIII, Lightning: She has some sort of Gunblade hybrid thing going on. If Squall's keyblade doesn't return, I think a keyblade based off of her's would be very well accepted. It's transformation would likely be a gunblade highbrid, in which Sora utilizes sword swings and magic bullets, like with Wisdom Form.

Final Fantasy XV, Noctis: This keyblade would of course be based off of the phantom sword. It's transformation would of course be...the Phantom Sword! When Noctis utilizes it, all of the weapons he is holding are called forth and utilized. Sora would have a watered down or different version of course. I doubt Nomura would allow for a direct clone, or have multiple keyblades swirling around Sora (as amazing as that would be) I was thinking along the lines of Ventus's Wingblade. I think the transformation could be more reminiscent of that.

So, while I like the concept, my actual ideas aren't as creative as I'm sure a lot of yours can be, so I'd like to hear what kind of FF/Square enix based keyblades and Transformations you guys would like to see in KH3. Even for regular Disney and Disney property ones like Star Wars, Pixar, and Ma.......Marv.......that other one....that I really don't want to see lol Goofy=captain america shield, Donald=Thor Hammer...that's enough KHxMarvel for me...Anyway, there are plenty of unique FF/Square Enix characters and weapons to choose from.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'd rather see more unique designs based off weapons for a keyblade that contain the spirit of the original sword than directly mimic it. how would sora wield such an oversized weapon like the buster sword? why would he need a gunblade when he can already utilize magic? wouldn't he look with another's fighting stance?

BEASTENDER

i'd rather see more unique designs based off weapons for a keyblade that contain the spirit of the original sword than directly mimic it. how would sora wield such an oversized weapon like the buster sword? why would he need a gunblade when he can already utilize magic? wouldn't he look with another's fighting stance?

I really doubt they'd directly mimic the actual weapons, just like the keyblades don't directly mimic the original design. They're mere representation. And Sora has done plenty of things that are impractical for his muscle build lol Cloud's Buster sword was really a guillotine sword. Technically, Cloud shouldn't be able to use it as a functional sword, given the hundreds of pounds a heavy duty guillotine blade weighs. Also, I think the people who attended the KH2.5 event said that Sora's keyblade turned into a Big Bazooka like gun with Angel Wings at some point, so I don't think a few of his keyblade transformations turning into big weapons is too impractical.

As for the gunblade thing, I think of Wisdom Form or even Twinshoot Blaster (from the D23 footage). Not firing lead bullets or anything crazy like that, just magical shots. Loosely based representations of the actual weapons. I really do think FF keyblades will return though, and I believe the transformations will represent the original weapon to a degree; a relatively small degree. I sincerely doubt Nomura would allow for a direct replica. And who would want that (not too many people anyway lol)? Those weapons belong to those characters. I just thought it'd be cool to win a FF keyblade after a fight against one of them or something, and then have it be able to transform into something that is related to that FF character. Either way, if even just one FF keyblade makes it in again, it's going to transform into something. It may even have absolutely nothing to do with the original FF character.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
actually i could imagine something like metal chocobo evolving into a masamune with one wing that limit breaks into something awesome

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been playing so much Bloodborne lately that's the only thing that comes to mind when I think about transforming weapons, it would be cool if it was not as much of a special attack as just a different style to fight.
The Buster Sword transformation would make you much slower but stronger, the guns might still cost some mp or they could just deal less damage and suck up close (really good against certain bosses when you want to keep a distance). I hope it's not just like the new drive form or anything.
If it does though I hope they do it similar to BBS with some meter that fills as you fight but it takes longer to fill it then in BBS and when it's full you can activate it manually, something like that would work.

Makes me wonder if all the disney keys could become something from that world.
It's still hard to come up with a lot of examples but I'll try. (These are not necessarily worlds and characters I want to see)
Wonderland - A Flower Whip (shrinking enemies slightly)
Agrabah - The lamp with Genie coming out attacking automatically nearby foes though he might fit better as a summon again so a golden hand that turn enemies in to David Rockafeller, or gold.
Chicken Little - Baseball Racket to strike away enemies with so they hurl to other enemies and damage them too.
Maleficent - thornblade that causes sleep with enough hits, or her staff and perhaps sleep magic temporarily available instead of the normal magic skills.
Stitch - guns or/and flying guns that shot targets even if they are not near but they aren't very strong
Atlantica - The trident (electricity damage to nearby foes)
Atlantis - Crystal from FF that use a bunch of magic
Cars (ugh) - Keyblade glider with a face
Monster Inc - A door shield that you can open and a monster come out and attack from (without leaving the door, kinda like the FF X chick in Dissidia)
Snow White - Dopey (is that the dumb dwarfs name? I'm Swedish), you use him as a bat (that wasn't serious)
Halloween Town - The whip from that shitty PS2 game Ogies revenge or something, it make enemies run for their life
UP - a bunch of balloons and when you attack enemies you attach a balloon to them so the hover and can't attack, transform back and you have 30 sec to kill em all before the balloons break.
Peter Pan - if UP don't appear the golden fairy key can have the same effect.
Brave or Robin Hood - A really powerful Bow
Buzz Lightyear - His armor, good defence and quick flying, shoot laser but you have to aim well?
TRON - Disc, powerful but have to return, also cause elec damage
Dumbo - proboscis that shoot water like the summon in KH I, can also jump and shoot down to fly
The Sword in the Stone - You'll never guess it
Jungle Book or Tarzan - Whip from the whines (Tarzan could also have a spear)
Gaston (why'd Beast turn human before giving us some Gaston goodness?) - Strong slow gun
Mulan - We already have a gunblade I know but it could be similar to that
Treasure Planet - Hoverboard (don't know how you'd fight but I do love me some hoverboarding)
Finally Shadow dude could have some shadown weapon, maybe it changes between all the different weapons but as a shadow version, Shadow dude is awesome and should be almost like a main villain, wish he was in CoM.
My favorite would still be Demyx guitar though.

PS. I like the phantom keyblade idea spinning around hurting everyone similar to my genie (also Final Form like)

PS2. Am I the only one who would love a 101 Dalmatians summon that confuse all the enemies as they storm the field and diddly with everyone?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If he use a huge buster sword I'd like his fighting style to be similar to when he pick up one of those huge nobody hammers in KH II, only design/animationwise of course, no hovering and going 30m up in the air.
I want to see him spin around in the air with it though, unless they don't change weapons as special attacks and it actually does work like in bloodborne in which case he'd just be really slow and make really wide hits, I think they are confirmed as special forms though similar to drive forms etc

BEASTENDER

I've been playing so much Bloodborne lately that's the only thing that comes to mind when I think about transforming weapons, it would be cool if it was not as much of a special attack as just a different style to fight.
The Buster Sword transformation would make you much slower but stronger, the guns might still cost some mp or they could just deal less damage and suck up close (really good against certain bosses when you want to keep a distance). I hope it's not just like the new drive form or anything.
If it does though I hope they do it similar to BBS with some meter that fills as you fight but it takes longer to fill it then in BBS and when it's full you can activate it manually, something like that would work.

Makes me wonder if all the disney keys could become something from that world.
It's still hard to come up with a lot of examples but I'll try. (These are not necessarily worlds and characters I want to see)
Wonderland - A Flower Whip (shrinking enemies slightly)
Agrabah - The lamp with Genie coming out attacking automatically nearby foes though he might fit better as a summon again so a golden hand that turn enemies in to David Rockafeller, or gold.
Chicken Little - Baseball Racket to strike away enemies with so they hurl to other enemies and damage them too.
Maleficent - thornblade that causes sleep with enough hits, or her staff and perhaps sleep magic temporarily available instead of the normal magic skills.
Stitch - guns or/and flying guns that shot targets even if they are not near but they aren't very strong
Atlantica - The trident (electricity damage to nearby foes)
Atlantis - Crystal from FF that use a bunch of magic
Cars (ugh) - Keyblade glider with a face
Monster Inc - A door shield that you can open and a monster come out and attack from (without leaving the door, kinda like the FF X chick in Dissidia)
Snow White - Dopey (is that the dumb dwarfs name? I'm Swedish), you use him as a bat (that wasn't serious)
Halloween Town - The whip from that shitty PS2 game Ogies revenge or something, it make enemies run for their life
UP - a bunch of balloons and when you attack enemies you attach a balloon to them so the hover and can't attack, transform back and you have 30 sec to kill em all before the balloons break.
Peter Pan - if UP don't appear the golden fairy key can have the same effect.
Brave or Robin Hood - A really powerful Bow
Buzz Lightyear - His armor, good defence and quick flying, shoot laser but you have to aim well?
TRON - Disc, powerful but have to return, also cause elec damage
Dumbo - proboscis that shoot water like the summon in KH I, can also jump and shoot down to fly
The Sword in the Stone - You'll never guess it
Jungle Book or Tarzan - Whip from the whines (Tarzan could also have a spear)
Gaston (why'd Beast turn human before giving us some Gaston goodness?) - Strong slow gun
Mulan - We already have a gunblade I know but it could be similar to that
Treasure Planet - Hoverboard (don't know how you'd fight but I do love me some hoverboarding)
Finally Shadow dude could have some shadown weapon, maybe it changes between all the different weapons but as a shadow version, Shadow dude is awesome and should be almost like a main villain, wish he was in CoM.
My favorite would still be Demyx guitar though.

PS. I like the phantom keyblade idea spinning around hurting everyone similar to my genie (also Final Form like)

PS2. Am I the only one who would love a 101 Dalmatians summon that confuse all the enemies as they storm the field and diddly with everyone?

Nice ones man, I'm feeling some of those. Also what you said about Demyx. There was a keyblade based off of Axel in KH2 called Bond of Flames. I didn't even think of what that could be like! If that were the case, I'd definitely want one based around Xaldin or Saix, as I like their weapons best. Marluxia's Scythe would also be very interesting. Sora playing a guitar would also be comical too.

As for the Treasure Planet Solar Surfer, I really want Solar Surfing to be a minigame or part of a boss fight (Like the carpet from Aladdin with much better controls of course)

And I'd love a 101 dalmations summon...!

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I loved that Axel keyblade, absoluted hated the new one he got, should have used the old one but maybe that mean we get to use that one again and it split in to 2 chakrams that you can deal very wide attacks with, really all of the organization members have awesome weapons that would be really fun to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back