• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy PSP games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
My local used store has One, Two , and four for psp for only a couple dollars each. Should I get them, Or the playstation versions for 6 12 and 14?

I just want to know if the graphics are good, if it keeps to the original story line and if there were any additions. This will help me make my decision. I rather hear it from people who played them then random say sos.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy PSP games.

the PSP versions are slightly superior and getting them for cheaper than the originals would make much more sense.. .I say go for the PSP versions

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

My local used store has One, Two , and four for psp for only a couple dollars each. Should I get them, Or the playstation versions for 6 12 and 14?

I just want to know if the graphics are good, if it keeps to the original story line and if there were any additions. This will help me make my decision. I rather hear it from people who played them then random say sos.

There are no changes to the original storylines to the first two PSP games. The graphics are great, unless you're picky about low-res pixel art, and a lot of people are picky. You're better off looking at screenshots online and deciding for yourself.

FFI is "new style" Final Fantasy I, which is easier than the original, but more faithful to later games. If we compare it to the original, it has less glitches, and five bonus dungeons. I feel it's the best "new style" version, so if you don't mind the difficulty, it's a great value.

FFII PSP is the best version of FFII hands down. It's also the easiest, but that's part of what makes it good: FFII didn't have "good" difficulty, it had a lot of problems and those problems made the game hard. The problems are mostly gone in the PSP version.

Final Fantasy IV Complete includes FFIV's sequel, The After Years, and has an additional chapter called The Interlude between FFIV and FFIV: The After Years that isn't available anywhere else. However, the 3D versions of FFIV have minor additions to the storyline across the game. You have to pick and choose between the 3D version's better story and harder gameplay and the 2D version's faith to the original game and inclusion of the sequel. Speaking personally, I prefer the PSP version.

You can't go wrong buying the other games, but it's rare you find the PSP games these days, I'd grab them. You can always buy FFVI on the PSN, if you have access to it?

ThePumpkinQueen

Thank you so much for the information.

@Blackdrazon: very thoughough information. Sounds like the PSP 1 and 2 are the ones to get. I'll be getting them and four for sure. But, in the future I might get the 3D at a later date if I can find it. I only have a couple 3D games.

I don't have acess to PSN (Thats playstation Network right?) My consol isn't hooked up to the internet because I don't have any Online games for it at the moment. I was going to do that when I got 14... another decision i'll have to make. straight up computer game or the playstation one. But right now i'm back tracking and catching up with the older games. so I'm not quite there yet.

And thanks for the help and advice. I will deffinately be guting the PSP versions now without any worry. They sound like the better buy , not only money wise, but game wise as well. but, waht do you mean by 2D and 3D . are you talking about the DS system. Or earlier game vs PSP version.

PSP games are hard to find. I'll be getting them this evening when I go to pick up my mom from the train station. we can stop by the store so I can get it before they are sold.

Also, Will be getting the 3rd for DS. So far its the only american version i can find and Five i can only find on Advance. Hopfully this is correct. So i'll be playing 1-5 before I try finding 6-9 and i'll be all caught up with the FF games, minus the Online and Mobil games.

Thats the one thing that sucks about being a KH and FF fan. I do not have a mobil nor am I japanese so I can't play the mobil games at all.(Since a few are only in japanese so far anyway) luckily though kind people put the scripts online so i can fill in the blanks at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Sorry for the delay, I don't frequent the FF forums, hopefully you'll see this at some point.

I don't have acess to PSN (Thats playstation Network right?) My consol isn't hooked up to the internet because I don't have any Online games for it at the moment. I was going to do that when I got 14... another decision i'll have to make. straight up computer game or the playstation one. But right now i'm back tracking and catching up with the older games. so I'm not quite there yet.

I get that, I barely have access to the PSN myself. I have to buy using the my PC (yes, that's a thing you can do) and then download on the PS3 and pray it finishes.

And thanks for the help and advice. I will deffinately be guting the PSP versions now without any worry. They sound like the better buy , not only money wise, but game wise as well. but, waht do you mean by 2D and 3D . are you talking about the DS system. Or earlier game vs PSP version.

I'm talking about the DS version, yeah. The thing is: FFIV has a crazy development history (there are something like 8-10 versions?), so I find it easier to draw a line between the 2D versions and the 3D versions. 2D versions are more faithful to the SNES, 3D versions are more faithful to the DS.

The After Years also has a 3D version, it's all very complicated and silly. If you want to know more, I can find you an article, but the 2D/3D divide will serve you well, and the article would make more sense once you've played the games!

Also, Will be getting the 3rd for DS. So far its the only american version i can find and Five i can only find on Advance. Hopfully this is correct. So i'll be playing 1-5 before I try finding 6-9 and i'll be all caught up with the FF games, minus the Online and Mobil games.

FFV is also on smart phones (iOS and Android) and the Playstation 1/PSN. The smart phone version is just a port of the GBA version, which is great because FFV GBA is probably the best version out there. Feel free to grab it. The GBA/smartphone version has an extended challenge dungeon and new post-game Job Classes, it's hard to beat.

You didn't mention FFVI, but it's a similar situation. It's also on GBA/smart phones and has a few challenge dungeons. Some fans don't like the new translation. I get that, but it's not so bad and I like the challenge dungeons. Fan favourite translation: SNES version. Less glitches and challenge dungeon: GBA/smartphone version.

FFIV is on GBA but it's a glitchy mess and shouldn't be touched with a twelve foot pole.

Thankfully things get easier starting with FFVII, since most games have only one major version.

Last edited:

ThePumpkinQueen

Well This is what I have so far.

one two and four on PSP

Three on DS.

Five on Game boy advance.

I didn't see IV for 3DS only two d and i even looked online. If i can find it i'll get the 3D as well. unless you meant VI (Six) I often get these two majorly confused. Roman numerals are not my forte.

I'm still playing One , right now, but i am looking into Getting six in GBA but if thats the glitchy one... I may just get teh Five and Six playstation one "Greatest Hits' To play that one.

I don't have any mobil of any kind. Though I've been thinking of getting an android.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
A quick word of caution. Final Fantasy IV on the DS is much harder than pretty much all of the other versions. If you're worried about difficulty, take a look at it over the internet. If you're into a challenge, then try it out. It's more difficult in comparison, but it does hold up.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I didn't see IV for 3DS only two d and i even looked online. If i can find it i'll get the 3D as well. unless you meant VI (Six) I often get these two majorly confused. Roman numerals are not my forte.

I think you must be thinking about something I'm not, because searching for "Final Fantasy 4 3D" actually does turn up results. It seems even Wikipedia calls it the "3D Remake." If you were searching for "3DS," no, you're not going to find any results, but I never said "3DS."

Final Fantasy IV 2D versions: SNES, GBA, PSP.
Final Fantasy IV (3D remake) 3D versions: DS, Ouya, iOS, PC.

But as kuraudo is saying, the 3D versions are much harder and probably isn't worth getting for a new player. Get the PSP version.

I'm still playing One , right now, but i am looking into Getting six in GBA but if thats the glitchy one... I may just get teh Five and Six playstation one "Greatest Hits' To play that one.

No, the GBA version of 4 is broken and the GBA version of 6 is fine, as I said in my post. I'm sorry for the roman numerals.

The Greatest Hits versions of both are fine, though they both lack bonus dungeons. Since they're not on a tiny GBA screen, though, they're a lot better looking.

Last edited:

ThePumpkinQueen

Oh now what you said makes sense. Well I'm still on the first one. I did go with the PSP of IV. I may get the 3D version of it at a later date for the added storyline. and by that time i should be familiar enough with the games to be able to handle a higher difficulty.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Oh now what you said makes sense. Well I'm still on the first one. I did go with the PSP of IV. I may get the 3D version of it at a later date for the added storyline. and by that time i should be familiar enough with the games to be able to handle a higher difficulty.

Sounds like a plan! Good luck!

ThePumpkinQueen

Thanks, I'm loving FF I so far. obviously its diffrent from the other games i've played, but it does give a bit of an insight where some of the first roles came in on.

*edit, Febuary 23*

I didn't know where to post this I got to excited. I FOUND SEVEN!!!!! I wasnt even trying, I was at one of those flea markets, because the weather was decent . It was an indoors one, but i hadn't been out of the house since my MRI. I was about to leave, when i saw final fantasy stuff at the corner of my eye.

and they didn't want me to sell an arm and a leg for it. Ten dollars! So i snatched it, and lightening returns for five. (Even though i just got 13-2 for valentines day, since it was there I went what the hell.)

2015 must be my lucky year or somthing. knock on wood. I still need to find six and nine, and four for ds. but i'm sooo close to finally getting all the main series. if i can find them by summer. I'll get the computer games in the summer.

Unfortunately finding all them so close together in time, has caused me to have a huge backlog of games on my to play list. I better get my butt moving. since i'm not sure how much game time i will have between college , volunteering, and other hobbies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back