• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters (UPDATE 2: FF6 Release Delayed to February!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1, 2, & 3 are out now.

There's 1 category the remasters deliver on:

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Why are people so focused on Switch ports specifically? Why not all consoles?
Especially since their multiplatform releases tend to sell exponentially better on PlayStation than anywhere else.

They were made in Unity, so at least porting them won’t be a hassle when they eventually get to it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Especially since their multiplatform releases tend to sell exponentially better on PlayStation than anywhere else.

They were made in Unity, so at least porting them won’t be a hassle when they eventually get to it.
Retro 2D games lend themselves more to handheld gaming experiences, which is the Switch's domain. Afterall, how many times have these titles been ported to handhelds in the past? That's what shapes the expectations.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So I just noticed the Steam achievements include for each game includes a "got all other achievements" achievement. Pretty strongly hinting at future Plats there.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
They really made FF2 not suck! I bought the it after beating 1 PR and was surprisingly hooked. I usually only make it about halfway before calling it quits, but they completely rebalanced stat growth so it isn’t anywhere near as tedious. The OST is phenomenal, too.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Btw, if you guys are holding off on playing 3..you should. This is the closest it's come to the original that I've seen. No "capacity" for job changes but you can change to your heart's content.(Don't do it tho, the longer you stay on a job the stronger it gets.) There's also the command additions from the DS version but..other than that and a bit easier at teh beginning, it's basically FF3 NES.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Btw, if you guys are holding off on playing 3..you should. This is the closest it's come to the original that I've seen. No "capacity" for job changes but you can change to your heart's content.(Don't do it tho, the longer you stay on a job the stronger it gets.) There's also the command additions from the DS version but..other than that and a bit easier at teh beginning, it's basically FF3 NES.
Crystal Tower still a blight on humanity I take it?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yeah pretty much tho being able to use quicksave helps quite a bit if you can only play it in chunks. That kinda reps a emulator save that I used back in the day to get though Crystal Tower myself.

If you want to see the differences, check here. I noticed the healing after each boss battle in the end as well.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Still waiting on a Switch port...

The steam achievements include platinum trophy like cheevos for getting all others. Sounds like a hint towards eventual console ports to me.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The steam achievements include platinum trophy like cheevos for getting all others. Sounds like a hint towards eventual console ports to me.
Yeah. I presume once they release FFVI Pixel Remaster, they're gonna pack all of them together and release them for current and older gen consoles.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Yeah. I presume once they release FFVI Pixel Remaster, they're gonna pack all of them together and release them for current and older gen consoles.
This is what I'll be waiting for. And if it never happens, well, I'll probably just never play them.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The bigger question is if they'll put them all on 1 disc/cartridge. I'd probably get a physical Switch copy if it was complete without requiring download.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The bigger question is if they'll put them all on 1 disc/cartridge. I'd probably get a physical Switch copy if it was complete without requiring download.
I can't imagine why these wouldn't all be able to fit on one cartridge, but then again look at something like Megaman Legacy Collection 1&2 where you have to download the whole second collection. I was surprised even that X and X-2 didn't fit on a cart together when I look at some of the other games crammed on a whole cart. It's hard to tell what they'd do.

"Here's 1-3 on cart and 4-6 download required." Totally possible, but I would hope they wouldn't go that route.

Back