• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy IX - "This is an age-old ritual between friends!"

The game is a PS4 or no buy for me (since I already have it on PS3/Vita and don't have a PC) and I'd rather not go down the iOS route with the game.

It really looks gorgeous so I hope it comes to PS4 soon. After the success of VII on PS4, I can see Square working hard to get VIII and IX out.

ss_6500ff0bfb2092615909e3d2b641c8a92ba15854.jpg

ss_6647e64e75874c91bcb797d5d98ddcfea24dd3d6.jpg

ss_a677dfadb3da854598b766705490da6c93a39c2d.jpg

ss_d89c3500caa9a1f9f213643d31f2074d01532cac.jpg

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Yeah. I saw the screens on another website. The game looks great. Would like to see some IX trophies on my PSN achievements list. ;~;

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Something I only noticed after a friend told me:
The characters look really good. But the backgrounds? o0 It all seems so....blurry.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Something I only noticed after a friend told me:
The characters look really good. But the backgrounds? o0 It all seems so....blurry.
Seems they used some smoothing filter over the backgrounds.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Yeah, the character models noticeably stand out from the backgrounds. I've seen some really hi-def shots of backgrounds from FFIX, so I'd have thought they could make them look incredible.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It seems Square threw away most of the original assets for their PS1 games once they felt like they were done with them, just like Capcom didi (all pre-rendered Resident Evil backgrounds are 480p though thanks to strong PC support early on). I'm aware that there are some high quality backgrounds out there for FFIX, but most of them seem to be from early on in the game and my guess is that they were not saved by Square themselves but a company that was once hired to do an official guide book or art book.

EchoFringe49

I'm so glad that there's a high-speed mode now. I've avoided replaying this game years because of the slow-ass battle system

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'm so glad that there's a high-speed mode now. I've avoided replaying this game years because of the slow-ass battle system

lol pretty much the story of many RPG's life: when you want to farm/grind, it gets slow as eff xD

Elysium

Awards

Yeah, it's horrible trying to level to 99. (I feel complete inside when all my characters are at 99. lol) But FFIX is peanuts compared to VIII, XIII, and occasionally XII, as far as the battles taking forever.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

IX has longer load times than either of those games. It'll take you like 30+ seconds to load a battle and another 30 seconds once the battle ends until you regain control of Zidane. This is actually longer than the PS1 ports of the SNES games.

VIII doesn't have that much loading. I actually think it's faster than VII but I'd have to check that. Then again, that game will punish you for grinding. The lower your level the easier the game is for you. The 4 Heroes of Light is like that too.

Elysium

Awards

I guess the difference is in IX, I can kill anything pretty fast, so added with the loading it goes faster than those games' 30-minute long-ass battles needed to kill something with 10 HP.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

XII and XIII can have long battles, but I never got stuck with enemies for too long in VIII. I mean, if you don't know how to junction properly and you level up too much the game will punish you and enemies will be harder to beat, so I guess it could take long if you're not efficient :p

Elysium

Awards

I guess VIII is just opposite of my normal sensibilities. You're right that it punishes you for leveling, but at the same time I feel weird getting towards the end of the game at low levels. Then you have to pilfer spells constantly which was annoying.

Still, my least favorite part is the summons being the fastest way to end things and their animations being criminally long. I wish they'd given them "short" versions (sort of like in X, where you have the option to shorten the animations to make things move along).

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, the summon sequences are way too long. Mostly because they want you to boost, which still feels kinda stupid. Never really liked that.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

XII and XIII can have long battles, but I never got stuck with enemies for too long in VIII. I mean, if you don't know how to junction properly and you level up too much the game will punish you and enemies will be harder to beat, so I guess it could take long if you're not efficient :p

Ugh, that sounds yucky.
I did it the other way around. Always juctioned and was overpowered all the time...

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

It's finally here! Sooo excited to see this has finally expanded to other platforms.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I'm gonna wait and see if it looks any good. FF II looks awful on my smartphone so...hmm. Not sure.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

It looks like the script has been slightly revised (ie the girl Vivi bumps into no longer speaks with a speech impediment, and in the "screenshots" on the Apple store, Freya's name is now spelled correctly, "Freija." Wonder if they retain that spelling in the game?)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

It looks like the script has been slightly revised (ie the girl Vivi bumps into no longer speaks with a speech impediment, and in the "screenshots" on the Apple store, Freya's name is now spelled correctly, "Freija." Wonder if they retain that spelling in the game?)

If this is the case I'm surprised they didn't do this for ffvii

Back