• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
MegaFlare said:
I tend to strongly disagree here. I hate how FFVII characters could be anything, no one had a special thing that was theirs alone --- (ie: summoning, attacking, black magic, white magic). You could put all white magic materia on cloud and make him a white mage for whatever concern, but with FFIX, everyone had a special skill of their own. As far as the FFVII villains compared to Ozma-- Have you even beat Ozma? I beat Emerald Weapon a couple times, (which took quite awhile, mind you) I have never beat Ozma to this day. I haven't played FFIX in a long time, but Ozma has to be one of the most difficult I've ever battled against, far more difficult than Emerald and Ruby from FFVII. (Ruby was actually easy if you know what to do, I beat Ruby on the second try). The battles of FFIX were far more fun, IMO, and I loved how you could learn things from weapons (auto-regen, ect)

I fail to see how FFVII is better in terms of content. FFIX had much better music, a much more beautiful storyline, and a better battle system.

i didnt like the storyline it sucks or the character in the game and the music is just better since the game came after ff7 and the battle system sucks i hated it! i say that was one of the games i hated i from se

M

MegaFlare

i didnt like the storyline it sucks or the character in the game and the music is just better since the game came after ff7 and the battle system sucks i hated it! i say that was one of the games i hated i from se

The storyline did not suck! Cloud's confabulation better than FFIX's beautiful (FF traditional) storyline? I think not D: This goes back to another topic I had debated in before. The story (and FMVs) of FFIX far exceed FFVII's.

Melodies of Life > One Winged Angel. On the topic of the music, there aren't a whole lot of songs from FFVII that really 'stick'. Most of the location background-music consisted of boring tunes, or too-overdone. There are a few themes I like, though. I like Aerith's theme, and Tifa's. Golden Saucer music was okay, as well as the ending music and Rufus ceremony. The rest of the location music wasn't that great. FFIX had the best all-around music, IMO.

As for the battle system, I already covered this. Each character has a unique skill of their own, whereas in FFVII, you can give anyone materia and make them into something they are not. Anyone is skilled enough to be a summoner or black mage, or white mage (depending on if you give them materia). I like how each character has their own special ability, and is not cheaply equipped. This is also why I rarely used many of the characters. I hardly ever used Barrett, Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, and Cait Sith. Why? Because I can equip my favorite characters to be anything, there's no need for the others.

The battles were more fun, the music was more enjoyable, overall story was better.

Hyperion

MegaFlare said:
The storyline did not suck! Cloud's confabulation better than FFIX's beautiful (FF traditional) storyline? I think not D: This goes back to another topic I had debated in before. The story (and FMVs) of FFIX far exceed FFVII's.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Square Ninja said:
IX, on the other hand, took strategy and planning because of its limitations.
Exactly. The fact that most boss battles required initiative and some form of strategy to win made the game that much more enjoyable. I have not felt such a sense of achievement from playing any other game (well, there may be a few minor exceptions).

Back to the point, FFIX (to me) is one of the greatest games in the series. So great that I even spent about $80 buying the OST from Japan. It permanently remains in my CD player.

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
Hyperion said:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Exactly. The fact that most boss battles required initiative and some form of strategy to win made the game that much more enjoyable. I have not felt such a sense of achievement from playing any other game (well, there may be a few minor exceptions).

Back to the point, FFIX (to me) is one of the greatest games in the series. So great that I even spent about $80 buying the OST from Japan. It permanently remains in my CD player.

y buy when u can download these days

KingM911

Watching government officials roshambo in order to
Everybody knows software ninjas are better than software pirates...

But still, I like being able to customize characters how I like. Characters classes are fine, but I like being able to choose the classes for the characters myself. It gives it more replay value, I think.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
KingM911 said:
But still, I like being able to customize characters how I like. Characters classes are fine, but I like being able to choose the classes for the characters myself. It gives it more replay value, I think.

You'd really enjoy Final Fantasy V.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I don't have the time to type up a long FFVII-bashing post at the moment, so I'll just settle for FFIX > All.

Hyperion

shortythugsta said:
y buy when u can download these days
It may sound odd to you, but buying the OST just heightened my love for the game. Downloading it just wouldn't have provided the same feeling that I got when it arrived in the post.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Final Fantasy Tactics>Final Fantasy IV>Final Fantasy VI>Final Fantasy IX>Final Fantasy X>Final Fantasy V>Final Fantasy Tactics Advance>Final Fantasy I>Crystal Chronicles>Final Fantasy VII>Final Fantasy III>Final Fantasy II> .... >Superman 64>Drake and the 99 Dragons> .... >Cowpies>Colonoscopy>Testicular Torsion>Candiru fish>Final Fantasy X-2

That's all I gotta say.

Hikari44

IX's pretty good, but not as good as the rest of the PS2 FF's in my opinion.
X > VIII > VII > IX > X-2

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
IX's pretty good, but not as good as the rest of the PS2 FF's in my opinion.
X > VIII > VII > IX > X-2
FFX-2 is a PS2 FF. You contradicted yourself, saying it isn't as good as the PS2 FF's.

FFIX was pretty good, had has more to brag about than FFVII. Great characters, interesting story, awesome music, and the some of the best fmv's in the series.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
final fantasy IX is a great game, but i would have to say that ff VII was better. I loved the limit breaks in ffVII and they were so rewarding to get, like when i first got omni-slash for cloud, it was amazing! with ffIX, zidane's dyne was cool, but you would get new moves for every weapon you got (im not so sure about that), so i didn't feel as rewarding. getting the final weapons in both games were rewarding, but nothing compared how cloud got his final weapon...by defeating ultima weapon. in ffix, you just had to dive in some water with a chocobo (by the way, both chocobo quests in ffvii and ffix were really fun)

as for the storyline, both were great, but i really liked unfolding cloud's real path, and how to save the planet. ffvii was really emotional too when aeris died or when sephiroth burned down clouds hometown. and the best part, to finish off, you kill sephiroth with omni-slash...amazing. ffix also had a good storyline, but not as emotional or exciting as ffvii.

don't get me wrong, ffix is a great game, but it is not better than ffvii

Hikari44

Banishing Blade said:
FFX-2 is a PS2 FF. You contradicted yourself, saying it isn't as good as the PS2 FF's.

Yeah you're right but X-2 was a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE game so I don't even really consider it to be in the same family with 7 8 9 and 10 (the rest of the PS2 ff's). So my new official statement: FF IX is the worst PS2 FF besides X-2.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*snort snort* <<'

as for the storyline, both were great, but i really liked unfolding cloud's real path, and how to save the planet. ffvii was really emotional too when aeris died or when sephiroth burned down clouds hometown. and the best part, to finish off, you kill sephiroth with omni-slash...amazing. ffix also had a good storyline, but not as emotional or exciting as ffvii.
FF7 has a great story, but not even near a work of art comapred to 9. If you thought 7 was more emotional then 9, you have no soul. Case closed.

Last edited:
Back