• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy III - "crystal tower masochism"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
re: Final Fantasy III - "crystal tower masochism"

I need help with mognet. I need someone to mail letters to so I can do the sidequests.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I wound up buying it yesterday. Figured buying it for $11.99 is a lot better than $15.99. I've missed
Final Fantasy. I'm finding this game rather enjoyable. However, the game is rather punishing. I went exploring for a little bit and wound up getting owned completely.

Btw, what jobs is everyone best suited for?

Last edited:

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

The Nepto Temple is so hard unless you have a full party of Mages :l it's quite ridiculous. I was overleveled in comparison to the story placement, yet I kept dying. It seems silly that you have to alter your entire party to just suit one dungeon.

I'm enjoying playing it, although not long after 4HoL and FFIV, I'm finding it a bit repetitive. none the less, I have pretty hgh hopes for it~

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I wound up buying it yesterday. Figured buying it for $11.99 is a lot better than $15.99. I've missed f
Final Fantasy. I'm finding this game rather enjoyable. However, the game is rather punishing. I went exploring for a little bit and wound up getting owned completely.

Btw, what jobs is everyone best suited for?

I don't think it really matters. Their stats change according to what job they are so it's not likely each one should be designated for specific jobs. The game gives you a lot of freedom to choose however you want. I started with Luneth as a Warrior, then a Knight, then I did a full 180 and had him be a Sage. It worked out fine.

I started with Arc as the more intellectual jobs. He was a Red Mage at first, then a Scholar, then I started to make him a Geomancer but then I changed my mind and had him be a Dragoon (which is also a 180). He was amazing as a Dragoon (if you do have a Dragoon in your party, I recommend training up a master Thief and stealing the Gungnir from Odin. It's an extremely powerful lance that can only be acquired that way.)

I had Refia be a Thief (mostly because I think she looks really cute as a thief) and she was amazing. She mastered the job very quickly. After that I was unsure what to do with her so I had her be a Monk for a while then a Geomancer. Then as soon as I unlocked the Ninja, I switched her to that and kept her that way.

At first I had Ingus be a monk but I wasn't liking that so I changed him to a Red Mage. After he mastered that, I changed him to a Dark Knight. Dark Knight is one of the jobs that you'll definitely want to use because at some point you'll go into dungeons with monsters that multiply if you strike them with a weapon that is not a dark blade. Luckily, Ninja can also use dark blades.

Finally, if you're the type that likes to explore around when you come to a new area, be very careful when you get to the new world not to venture up the northeast continent until you have all the Fangs. Just trust me on that one. But if you do go there, make sure to stop and turn back when you see statues.

The Nepto Temple is so hard unless you have a full party of Mages :l it's quite ridiculous. I was overleveled in comparison to the story placement, yet I kept dying. It seems silly that you have to alter your entire party to just suit one dungeon.

I'm enjoying playing it, although not long after 4HoL and FFIV, I'm finding it a bit repetitive. none the less, I have pretty hgh hopes for it~

Well naturally you're not going to do much physical damage when you are in mini form. So yeah, for that part you should just use mages and hope that Desch helps out often.

I found the game to be pretty fun. Especially with the Mognet sidequests. If anyone needs friend codes for Mognet mine is 4770 8604 0575.

Last edited:

Lancelot

Awards

Well naturally you're not going to do much physical damage when you are in mini form. So yeah, for that part you should just use mages and hope that Desch helps out often.

Oh I know that, but with the lack of Ethers and all that jazz at that point in the game, it's ridiculously annoying to make your way to the Giant Rat, only to have no MP left to hit him with Magic.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

That's so true. I forgot there are no ethers in the whole game. The only way to recover magic without going to a sacred water or inn is to use an elixir. I don't think you even start finding those until later on.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I have question. Who/when I start learning spells and stuff? Refia's job level is at 8 and she hasn't learned any white magic spells.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I have question. Who/when I start learning spells and stuff? Refia's job level is at 8 and she hasn't learned any white magic spells.

You have to buy spells and then go to the magic menu and choose a character who has a job that is capable of magic and select 'Learn' and choose a spell that you want them to learn. Off the top of my head, the only jobs capable of magic are Freelancer (only level 1 magic) Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage (black and white spells up to level 5), Scholar, Knight (only level 1 white spells), Magus (all black spells), Devout (all white spells), and Sage (all magic and summons).

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Ah so it's a lot like FF I. Thank you. This will definitely come in handy.

Lancelot

Awards

Do do do~ idk if anyone wants it for the hell of it, but my friend code is 2666 5867 4688.

Just about to go get back them Horns of Ice now~ I can't wait for more jobs to come up.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Do do do~ idk if anyone wants it for the hell of it, but my friend code is 2666 5867 4688.

Just about to go get back them Horns of Ice now~ I can't wait for more jobs to come up.

I feel the need to play this again specifically so I can actually take advantage of MogNet now and what it unlocks.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I would, but sadly I'm playing on my iPod Touch. It's funny, we're in the same part of the story right now.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Lance, I added you. Mine's 4942-9515-7244

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Lance, I added you. Mine's 4942-9515-7244

Added both of you. I believe i posted my own FC in the previous page.

If you just want to be able to unlock everything, it is only necessary to send 7 letters via Wifi mognet. They can all be to the same person and you don't even need to receive letters back. But you've got to keep sending letters to the game characters though until you get what you need.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I found the game to be pretty fun. Especially with the Mognet sidequests. If anyone needs friend codes for Mognet mine is 4770 8604 0575.
Because we can be lazy... :p

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I seriously have a love/hate relationship with this game. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game. I love dungeon crawling and the sprawling overworld, but it's the small stuff that pisses me off.

Enemies inflict status/kill/do random shit at the most inopportune time. There is no way to recover MP and you have to redo a dungeon if you lose the boss battle. I just defeated Hein but Arc had to spend most of the dungeon in mini form because I didn't have enough MP to shrink/unshrink the entire party. I even killed him hoping to unshrink him that way, but that didn't work. Luneth was also blinded right before facing Hein and I just happened to run out of eye drops. It's also not uncommon for me to have to revive an party member multiple times because the enemy manages to kill them off before I get a chance to heal them.

Oh and it's amazing the difference a level can make. I was level 18 and Salamander was utterly annihilating my team, but I had no problem defeating him at level 19.

Nitpicking aside, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I'm loving the Geomancer class. I'm probably going to have a party of Devout, Magus, and probably Dragoon or Dark Knight. I don't like how the Knight can only use level 1 White Magic. I remember that FF I's Knight could use at least level 3 white magic.

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I seriously have a love/hate relationship with this game. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game. I love dungeon crawling and the sprawling overworld, but it's the small stuff that pisses me off.

Enemies inflict status/kill/do random shit at the most inopportune time. There is no way to recover MP and you have to redo a dungeon if you lose the boss battle. I just defeated Hein but Arc had to spend most of the dungeon in mini form because I didn't have enough MP to shrink/unshrink the entire party. I even killed him hoping to unshrink him that way, but that didn't work. Luneth was also blinded right before facing Hein and I just happened to run out of eye drops. It's also not uncommon for me to have to revive an party member multiple times because the enemy manages to kill them off before I get a chance to heal them.

Oh and it's amazing the difference a level can make. I was level 18 and Salamander was utterly annihilating my team, but I had no problem defeating him at level 19.

Nitpicking aside, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I'm loving the Geomancer class. I'm probably going to have a party of Devout, Magus, and probably Dragoon or Dark Knight. I don't like how the Knight can only use level 1 White Magic. I remember that FF I's Knight could use at least level 3 white magic.

Are you individually using the mini spell on each member? You can cast it on all of them at once and it will only use 1 mp. It took me a while to figure that out so I had the same problem a few times.

Lancelot

Awards

Are you individually using the mini spell on each member? You can cast it on all of them at once and it will only use 1 mp. It took me a while to figure that out so I had the same problem a few times.

lol I was about to say that, too. There's an option at the bottom during pause menu-casting to "Use on All Party Members", or alternatively pressing the right directional button during battle, all still at the cost of only 1 MP.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

lol I was about to say that, too. There's an option at the bottom during pause menu-casting to "Use on All Party Members", or alternatively pressing the right directional button during battle, all still at the cost of only 1 MP.

*facepalm* That would have been sooo helpful earlier XD. I didn't know you could use Cure spells on everyone either until I saw the button at the top of the screen.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Playing III on iPad at the moment. It's such a jump up from the DS version, and even iphone tbh.

Very fun game!

Back