• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy III - "crystal tower masochism"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
re: Final Fantasy III - "crystal tower masochism"

i kinda loved the ds version might play it now

Mr. Crowley

Banned

Out of pure curiosity, care to elaborate?

You could say I'm a pansy. I've played through I, II, and V on the GBA, VII, VIII, and X. Three has given me the most trouble out of all of them. I find it boring as well. I don't really like the story, which is funny because I enjoyed I a lot and it doesn't have much more of a story.

Beyer

You could say I'm a pansy. I've played through I, II, and V on the GBA, VII, VIII, and X. Three has given me the most trouble out of all of them. I find it boring as well. I don't really like the story, which is funny because I enjoyed I a lot and it doesn't have much more of a story.
I understand what you mean when it comes to difficulty, although I personally never really felt it with III. I have had some games where you just think 'it really isn't worth so much effort.'

Thanks for answering :)

Mr. Crowley

Banned

I understand what you mean when it comes to difficulty, although I personally never really felt it with III. I have had some games where you just think 'it really isn't worth so much effort.'

Thanks for answering :)

No problem. :)

I guess it was hard because I wasn't motivated enough to get stronger. lol

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

It?s Polygons For Final Fantasy III On The iPhone - News - www.GameInformer.com

^^^Just in case anyone wants a link.

So how will mognet work in the iPhone version?

I'm going to get this as I've only played ff3 twice

They can either use services like Open Feint or Apple's own Game Center or use in game app invitations a la GodFinger, but knowing Square Enix, they'll most likely exclude it. Secret of Mana on the iPhone lacks multiplayer altogether.

I'll buy FF 3 on the iPhone since it'll be much cheaper than the DS version.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I was ok with III up until the final dungeon(s). The final boss is 3 dungeons away from my airship, 2 dungeons away from the last save, I'm trapped in the final dungeon with no way to escape IIRC & the point of no return literally came without any warning. Move just a little too close to that mirror & you're forced to endure painfully long cutscenes & 6 really powerful bosses. Game over at any point & I have to repeat all of it.

I once spent 6 whole hours grinding in the last dungeons & CoD still walked all over me. I wish I had something nicer to say about the game but those 6 hours are all I can remember anymore. Well that & Goldar from Power Rangers apparently bought a gold mansion:tongue:.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

Just to let everyone know, FFIII is on the New Zealand iOS store now, which apparently means that the rest of the world get it tomorrow.

Although the price is quite frankly ridiculous. Thanks Square.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

I bought this and looking back on youtube videos of the DS version, the difference is quite staggering. It's just so clean!

Can't find a moogle to test out mognet yet though. Supposedly new story scenes in this version.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

b u m p

so i've been playing this game for some time now and i cant ever figure out how exactly the magic system works

i have a lv20 Scholar with job lv15 and i still cant use any lv2 spells (google says you need to reach lv14-15). halp please, what am i doing wrong here?

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

b u m p

so i've been playing this game for some time now and i cant ever figure out how exactly the magic system works

i have a lv20 Scholar with job lv15 and i still cant use any lv2 spells (google says you need to reach lv14-15). halp please, what am i doing wrong here?
You should be playing FF5 instead.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

but... i dont have the game D:

Voltron

Silver Member

I'm playing III currently. I used to think it was boring, but now that I'm replaying it I find it to be rather enjoyable. I keep forgetting to save on the map before I fight a challenging boss and I always end up losing.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

just started playing this again today on the train now that i have it on my iphone. my team so far is:

49px-Ingus-Warrior.png
62px-Luneth-RedMage.png
58px-Refia-BlackMage.png
59px-Arc-Thief.png

Ingus is my main :3

i feel it's a little bit risky not having a fully fledged white mage on my team (closest i have is my red mage) but i wanted to mix things up. also gonna make Arc a physical fighter :3

Voltron

Silver Member

Luneth - Scholar
Arc - Black Mage
Refia - White Mage
Ingus - Geomancer

Current line-up. Luneth will be a Knight and Ingus will be an Archer soon though.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I'm still waiting for a price drop before buying the game. Hopefully Squeenix will give us one when they introduce FF Tactics this Thursday.

Hopefully, I'll get back into Final Fantasy soon. I only played IV halfway through.

Voltron

Silver Member

Shouldn't III be like...$10 now?

Aside from that, this game is so annoying to level up in.

siegleeagle

If 15 dollars isnt cheap then idk what is. Thats how much i payed at gamestop about a year and a half go.

Back