• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy Fever!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
A few ideas I am bouncing around after a brief discussion with a friend on Final Fantasy's plots. As you will see, they focus on Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy VI, and Final Fantasy VII. If you have not played the games and do not wish to be spoiled, avert your eyes! If you haven't played and don't care for spoilers, or if you have played, continue reading.

1.) A Final Fantasy VI Remake
Essentially an RP of FFVI except with original characters, it's exactly as it says. Things of course may not always stay on track and the world is ours to manipulate and use as we please. However, there will be (for plot-obvious reasons) a limit on Espers. We can also exploit Magitek (I mean come on, look at the impact it had!).

2.) A Final Fantasy Tactics Canon RP
Take the world of Tactics, make it more of a sandbox, give it some characters, love, courage, and adventure. The plot would be more original with the idea that every person regardless of status affects the entire plot. This will, of course, depend on size, roles, blah blah you know the rest. Tying everyone together will be the fun part~

3.) A Final Fantasy VII Remake
Another remake (inorite), although personally it's the Materia I seem to want to focus on. Maybe move away from Sephy kun while still somehow implementing SOLDIER and Shinra and Jenova and Ancients and people dying and being able to blow people up with seven swords. Even maybe look at Avalanche VS Shinra and the effects on the planet. Again, tapping into things the original never truly tapped into.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Gotta go with FFVII for a few reasons. The first is that I've only played that and Tactics out of the ones that you mentioned. The second is because I beat Sephiroth so easy, it wasn't funny. I'm serious about this one. He got one move off before I killed him. Well, in the form where he has what's known as "The Ten Minute Attack".

Awards
^ Dual summoning knights of the round doesn't count!

*ahem* Jenova was something that always interested me about FF7. It could be said that she's the true main antagonist in the game, yet she only has one line of dialogue in the game. So~ I'd be highly pleased if we could delve deeper into what sort of being Jenova is.

You want to focus on materia? How so? Materia are effectively the 'tools' of the game, unless you plan to use special materia like the white and black materia.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
FFVII for sure.

I'm well aware of the mechanics of the world and then some, besides that it is always fun to use the framework of the game to form an interesting rp. Jenova is very workable and could go in several directions based on what people want to do with "her."

Materia is another things entirely. There were an abundance of them in the game and I feel like the possibilities of materia in a template can be explained and expanded inside of a template to produce a number of effects in the rp. Factions based on Materia could be incorporated, or specific new materia could be the entire focus of the plot.

Eva <3 hmu!!! We can talk about SOLDIER and Shinra all you like.

Also is anybody possibly interested in the possibility of an rp about what could have happened if Sephy completed Meteor and Jenova was unleashed on the planet?? Many years could have passed and maybe even the life-stream was affected.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I summoned Knights of the Round only once, thank you very much. It was Ultima(A real pain to Master), lvl 1-3 of Tifa's limits, Vincent's Omega and Omnislash that got him for me. Knights of the Round was the last thing that hit him.

Jenova does sound interesting. As for the Materia, maybe setting some of them up to where certain Materia have taken control over their users? I mean, the do hold the knowledge of the Ancients, so maybe play off of that and say that certain ones hold much more than just the knowledge, or say that they all hold the "minds" of the Ancients, but only a few Materia hold those strong enough to awaken from their slumber?

Just a couple ideas that popped up in my head. And now for sleep!

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
A few ideas I am bouncing around after a brief discussion with a friend on Final Fantasy's plots. As you will see, they focus on Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy VI, and Final Fantasy VII. If you have not played the games and do not wish to be spoiled, avert your eyes! If you haven't played and don't care for spoilers, or if you have played, continue reading.

1.) A Final Fantasy VI Remake
Essentially an RP of FFVI except with original characters, it's exactly as it says. Things of course may not always stay on track and the world is ours to manipulate and use as we please. However, there will be (for plot-obvious reasons) a limit on Espers. We can also exploit Magitek (I mean come on, look at the impact it had!).

2.) A Final Fantasy Tactics Canon RP
Take the world of Tactics, make it more of a sandbox, give it some characters, love, courage, and adventure. The plot would be more original with the idea that every person regardless of status affects the entire plot. This will, of course, depend on size, roles, blah blah you know the rest. Tying everyone together will be the fun part~

3.) A Final Fantasy VII Remake
Another remake (inorite), although personally it's the Materia I seem to want to focus on. Maybe move away from Sephy kun while still somehow implementing SOLDIER and Shinra and Jenova and Ancients and people dying and being able to blow people up with seven swords. Even maybe look at Avalanche VS Shinra and the effects on the planet. Again, tapping into things the original never truly tapped into.

Already have an idea for each rp. So....yeah.

FFVII for sure.

I'm well aware of the mechanics of the world and then some, besides that it is always fun to use the framework of the game to form an interesting rp. Jenova is very workable and could go in several directions based on what people want to do with "her."

Also is anybody possibly interested in the possibility of an rp about what could have happened if Sephy completed Meteor and Jenova was unleashed on the planet?? Many years could have passed and maybe even the life-stream was affected.

Jenova does sound interesting. As for the Materia, maybe setting some of them up to where certain Materia have taken control over their users? I mean, the do hold the knowledge of the Ancients, so maybe play off of that and say that certain ones hold much more than just the knowledge, or say that they all hold the "minds" of the Ancients, but only a few Materia hold those strong enough to awaken from their slumber?

These three ideas can go hand in hand actually. Think about this. The world is ravaged by Sephiroth though it is not faithfully destroyed as he had thought. Instead it is left in a ruin, places destroyed, lives shattered, and Sephiroth's will has been imposed. Using the life-stream, Jenova has restored her self to a state of power alongside Sephiroth. Jenova takes a foothold upon the world as the new ruler, making her rule from the ruins of Midgar, building a new empire with Sephiroth alongside her. This rule would have lasted for fifteen years, giving the world growth but, also retaining the FF7 fill and look that we all know. It also gives people time to place their characters accordingly in a world that had to learn without Cloud and his team's aid. Though they could be alive, depending though it is rectified that they wouldn't be the heroes now. The case would be that the meteor's success unlocked the seal that held materia set to surface when this happened. These materia are beyond normal materia as they are not just the magic of the ancients but actually the will of the ancients. Each Materia would contain an ancient and these materia would only be compatible with certain people aka those whose lineage descended from a Cetra though they would not be full Cetra like Aeris. Sort of how we all derive from Africa but yet, we are all of a different race. If you understand what I'm saying. Back on track, these materia will have scattered throughout the world to seek out these people (our characters) and bond with them, not needing a slot to use the materia. Each materia would give a unique magical ability to that person that only they can harness though other Cetra descended people would be able use it if they stole it from you. There would be the side effect of the will of the ancients carrying their personality that would always be there speaking to you and maybe even trying to take your body, depending on how you model your ancient.

This gives everyone a motive but, you can guide your character however you want. Who knows what YOUR ancient might feel about the world or what your character wants to do with this power? You could align yourself with Jenova and help her plans to ascend and ravage the galaxy. Also...I forget to mention that Geo-stigma could be possible since Jenova's usage of the life stream could be affecting the planet and causing the disease. The dead could be affected by this as well.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
FFVI and FF Tactics are two of my all-time favorite games, if that means anything...
Just dropping by to lend some token support to those two options. I have ideas aplenty, and am more than willing to lend a hand.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If that be the case then state some of em bro. I loved FFVI and would love even more to see what possible ideas you have on an rp based around the game. It'd be even more epic if we somehow intergrated FFVI and FFVII.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'd definitely go for an FFVII rp. Since, I'd like to be a part of Avalanche and fight Shinra. C: Would like to see if being a Turk is optional and more of Jenova. Plus, VII is the only one I've played out of the other two, but, I know plenty of it. That is, if it's cool for someone like myself with some rp experience to join?

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Welp we are working on the FFVII plot as I post this. You can expect it by tonight or tomorrow. I hope.

Ordeith, I would LOVE to work on a FFVI rp with you and Tav. Whatever ideas you have to bear. My skype is kingstl09, if anyone would like to add me.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
If that be the case then state some of em bro. I loved FFVI and would love even more to see what possible ideas you have on an rp based around the game. It'd be even more epic if we somehow intergrated FFVI and FFVII.
Ordeith, I would LOVE to work on a FFVI rp with you and Tav. Whatever ideas you have to bear. My skype is kingstl09, if anyone would like to add me.

Okie-doke. First, let me reach into my bag of tricks, and see what I have to offer...
These are just quick snapshots, mind you. I don't have the time to type out everything that pertains to each.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If, as Tav suggested, we were to integrate VI and VII...

Suppose the Esper World stands closer to the Rift than the human world—and that one of Gestahl's units was blown in the opposite direction? They could have landed in the world of FFVII, and established an underground branch of the Empire. In fact, we could even merge this splinter of the Magitek army with Deepground. It would certainly improve Deepground, in my opinion.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If, as Tav suggested, we were to integrate VI and VII...

Suppose the Esper World stands closer to the Rift than the human world—and that one of Gestahl's units was blown in the opposite direction? They could have landed in the world of FFVII, and established an underground branch of the Empire. In fact, we could even merge this splinter of the Magitek army with Deepground. It would certainly improve Deepground, in my opinion.

I like both ideas wholeheartedly. Though I prefer the AU Empire idea a whole lot more.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I like both ideas wholeheartedly. Though I prefer the AU Empire idea a whole lot more.

Duly noted. We could use this alternate version of the Empire for the FFVI remake, if it meets Eva's approval -- and if it ever comes to be.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
If you have Skype then we can all surely work upon it. We're currently working on our templates for FFVII but, I can be the one to say that we really do want to see this happen. Though this thread was more our idea and knowing her, she'll be quite fond of that idea. I need a reason to bring out my Dark Knight.

Eva

~ &#9829;~ Grand Summoner~ &#9829;~
Awards
I hate being so indecisive Dx I love both ideas! Way too much! But being the AU fanatic I will vote for that idea. ^_^

Now we gotta make some magic~

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I've been meaning to get a Skype account, to better keep in touch with a friend in Germany. If I end up doing that soon, I'll get in touch. If you'd rather have my ideas now, I'll just send a mass PM and let you all do what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back