• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Final Fantasy 7: Angel's Child (rewriten)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rika17

Hello everyone! Sorry if I hadn't been writing my story for awhile, the thing is I've been looking over it and realize that it's needed some work (alot of work). So i re-eited and made alot of changes because the first one pretty much....sucked!:thumbdown: So here is the new and improve one! I hope you like it :)

Final Fantasy VII
Angel’s Child

Prologue

Grey clouds cover the sky of Gaia, as a light cool breeze blew across the land below. Across the distance the sound of low thunder could be heard from the grassy plains to the ragged mountains. A sign for anyone who lived in these areas knew that it was about to rain and must find shelter from the pouring water above. From the mountains stood a white building that sat aside of the giant mass that over looked the terra below. The structure was called the Healing Lounge, a consigned for curing and respite for anyone who arrive here to have their wounds mends or their souls relax. It was quiet area, a peaceful place for one to come in and redeem themselves of their sins and wrong doing. All that was much said for a man in a wheelchair who lived at the lounge and sat in his bedroom looking through a large glassed window that viewed the landscape below him.

His name was Rufus Shina, former President and C.E.O of the great city Midgar and powerful corporation The Shinra Electric Company. The title of leader was soon received to him right after the death of his father and afterwards became the young and successful man that thousands of people honor and respected him. Loud and thunderous marching bands marched in his success as hundreds of citizens rallied out his name. He was man of power and leader of the Shinra Corporation. All that he’d ever wanted or desire was just an order away as all that worked for him a casually nodded their heads to his every whim. A small a smile spreads across the former president face as he remember the days when he was C.E.O and how life was radiant for him. But soon that was not to last as a small group of rebels, know as the AVALACHE, revolted against him and he evil deeds of controlling the world! After the clash of Meteor falling down to Gaia, the great city of Midgar was destroyed, departing the magnificent structure of the Shinra building to ruins. Once the Shinra Company was demolished, Rufus no longer had the power to control anything anymore and soon became the most hated and loathed man to ever to be known.

A surged of guilt ran through his body, as he thought about all the terrible things he had done to this world. So many people had suffered and died because of him and all because he had been obsessed over power and domination. There was nothing that he could say or do to make anyone in Gaia forgive him for what he had done in the past. Everything that he wanted and hoped for was now a faded memory that will forever scar him of how malicious he was.

"I was consumed by power," he said softy and slowly admitting to himself "I've should have know better. All the sins that I’ve committed are now forever with me in this room and…….”

Rufus looks over to he left leg and remembers the day when his presidency was ended. A vicious beast known as Weapon charge towards The Shinra Electric Company with rage and wrath as it completely destroyed the Shinra Building with Rufus still inside of it. But miraculously! Shinra quickly dodge the attack at the last moment and survive, but however when he’d was finally found by his followers, he was barely alive and hardly breathing. His faction quickly rushed to his aide and hastily carried him to safety, where he was taken to one of Shinra’s top secret medical centers, where only the worlds greatest topped doctors and nurses that Gaia ever seen, came to his rescue and aided him in his most severe need of help. After many hours of surgery and painful days of recovery and rest, the president was fully restored to his health, well…almost anyways. His doctors told him that he had lost a lot of blood, was deeply wounded on the sides of his body, developed brain swelling, broken a few bones on his ribs, arms, and right leg, and there was intense damage on his left leg which shattered the bones where it was completely useless to repair anymore and which was sadly to say it was no longer useable anymore. The doctor recommended that they remove the leg to prevent any discomfort that might be painful for him in the future. But Shinra refuse to give up his leg. He’d order the doctors to think of a way for him to keep his leg so that he could walk again.

The doctors only sighed in defeat as they nodded their heads in reverence. Weeks went by before Rufus was about to see the doctors again. They clarify him that they can remove his shattered bone and replace it with and artificial one. They showed him a metal steel rod capable of flexing and supporting his leg like a real bone. Rufus nodded at the illumination and agreed for the physicians to insert the metal rod into his leg. The doctors established on this procedure and quickly rushed him to the operating room, where they preformed the surgery and remove the shattered bone and interleave the artificial one.

After several hours of surgery, the doctors were done in putting the new bone and wheeled away the president to the recovery room. When the president woke up from the antiseptics the first thing he felt was the stiffness of his left leg and the pain that would soon over take him from agreeing to the artificial bone procedure. The doctors warned him that new bone might be getting use to and will take many days or weeks for him to get back on his feet. Rufus only sighed and nodded his head as laid there on his bed, thinking that this was the only way for him to do to keep his pride. But after a year since his surgery, Rufus couldn’t manage to stay on his feet for more than a minute. The pain in his left leg was too unbearable for him; he couldn’t walk or move an inch of his leg due to the excruciating throbbing of his left leg.

Soon he couldn’t take it anymore; the pain was too much for him to endure. It was so awful that he was finally repel to a wheelchair as he only means of getting approximately around to anywhere. Shame swelled through him as the once mighty and powerful Rufus Shinra who sat in a lounge chair of his office…was now reduced to sitting in this disgraceful infamy of this wheelchair which had no honor to him.

“……this is…my punishment,” he said looking at his left leg and the wheelchair that he sat on. “The sin of a man who was consumed by power and obsession. I cannot forgive myself for what I have done to this world or expect others to forgive me for what I had done to them. I am a man of crime and punishment,”

He sat there in silent feeling shameful of himself and the terrible deeds he had done. There was nothing that he could do would make him feel moral again. All he could do was sit and looked through the large glassed window of his room, which was the only means of the outside world that passed him by like a train ride. As he sat there looking at the window two men wearing black suits came into his extent and approached him with respect and honor in their faces.

"You called for us, sir?" said one of the men with red hair and a pony tail.

Rufus kept looking at the window, not making a single eye contact with the two men.

"Yes...” he said, speaking to the two men behind him, “I need you to do something for me,"

"What is it that you want us to do sir?" said the other man who had no hair and wore dark sunglasses across his eyes.

Rufus slightly turn his chair around, as the two men that enter his room straighten themselves up and waited for orders.

"I need you both to find someone for me,”

End Prologue

Last edited:

Rika17

thanks, i've been rewriting the old story that I had posted in here and think it's going to be better then the old one

Rika17

Chapter 1:
Enter Sukie, The Greatest Mechanic Ever!!!
Part 1

The sun was shinning and the sky was a perfect blue, the air was warm, and the grass was a crisp green. On the land, a man with blond spiky hair wearing sunglasses, rode on the plains as he drove his black four wheeler motorcycle that gleam in the bright sun over head. With him he’d carried a large sword on his back in case he’ should run into any monster, but today was clear and there were no monster in sight, which made it a great day to do his job. It was another day at work for him, as he scouted the world making deliveries, whether it be a package or a message, he’d would be sure that it would reach its destination and safely be deliver to the deliverer. The wind wisped through his hair as he accelerated on the bike’s handle, making his vehicle sped faster through the grassy plains.

Today's deliverance was in a town called Kalm, it was a peaceful place, where a new chocobo ranch stood just outside the community, and the people there were a kind and generous folk. Many citizens began to move there ever since the fall and destruction of the great city Midgar and by little by little the small town of Kalm began to turn into a great civilization as it began to grow and expand for everyone that began to travel over there. The blonde swiftly made his way over there and finally reached his destination. He got off his bike and carried a brown package and clipboard under his arm. He stood at the town’s entrance and awe of just how grand the town has gotten.

“Wow! The town has sure has gotten big since the last time I came here,” he thought as he gaze through the magnificent structures of the town’s buildings and houses.

He walked into the settlement and saw all the bustling people going here and there, talking to one another as smiles appeared on their faces. The blonde smiled, knowing that there was finally peace in the world, though the last time he came here the world wasn't as serene as it was before, back then it was ominous, black, and full of peril, but thanks to him and several of his good friends the world was at harmony and complete with happiness.

The blonde sighed with relief and close his eyes, "It's good to be back here again in such a long time, the people here are so happy and full of peace," he thought.

As he was taking in the fine atmosphere of the town, a girl with long black hair and glasses came running towards the blonde in such a rush that she bumped into him without knowing that he was there. The blonde man dropped the package and clipboard as the girl with long black hair and glasses fell backwards and hit herself hard on the ground making the blonde man snap out of his thoughts and looking down to see a girl below him.

"Ouch!" said the girl
The man went over to her to see if she was okay
"Are you alright?" he said to her, kneeling down at her level

The girl sits up and rubs her head and looks up to the blonde man with anger in her eyes.

"Why don't you watch were your going!"

She quickly gets up and continues on running in the direction behind him. The blond man looks at her with disappointment.

"Uhh...your welcome?" he said, looking at the girl as she disappear behind a group of people. He got to his feet and dusted his pants and pick up the package and clipboard that he’d dropped, then with one last look he glance back to where the girl ran off to.

"I guess, not everyone here is as happy as I thought," he said and continue on walking to deliver the package.

The blonde man walked at the end of town to where the package was supposed to be delivered. He walked until the blonde came on to a garage call Kalm’s Auto shop. It wasn’t big nor small, probably midsize to be exact. Nothing like the other garages he’d visit in the past to get he bike check out. Its dirty grey coloring stood out from most of the buildings that were painted white and beautifully decorated, unlike the garage which was cover in dust and grime, with the appearance of smear greased trails that spotted the auto shop here and there. Compared to all the other buildings that the blonde man had seen, this garage was the ugliest thing he’d had ever look.

"I guess this is the place," he said, looking at the building with disgust

The man enter the shop, inside the smell of oil and transmission fluid filled up the shop, a few automobiles were park inside with their hoods up, and several tools were scatter across the floor as he came in. Inside the building sat women with long black wavy hair and hazel eyes sitting down at a desk and doing some paperwork. The blonde man walks to her.

"Um...hello there," he’d said softly
The woman looks up and smiles at him.
"Oh...hello, may I help you?"
"Uhh...yes, I’m here to deliver a package for..."
The blonde man looked at the name on the package
"Uhh...Sukie...?"
The women smiled at him

"Oh...she not here right now, she left a few minutes ago, but I can take the package for her, I’m her big sister, Mina"

The man looked at the women
"oh...okay then,"

The blonde handed her that package and gave her the clipboard with a paper on it.

"Just sign here, please," he said to her pointing to a blank line at the bottom
Mina toke the package and signed the clipboard
"here you go and thank you for the package,"
She gave the man back the board and the blonde smiled.
"Your welcome and have a nice day," he said
"You too," Mina replied and wave at the man as he left.

The man walk out of the shop and headed back to his bike, when he got on his motorcycle and turn it on it suddenly went dead and the ignition wouldn't come on.

"No, not now," his said struggling to make his engine come one

He tried to turn it on again and again but it the motor wouldn't come on, the man sighed and bent his head back.

"Great... I’ve must’ve fried something when I accelerated on the handles. Damn, just my luck,”

The man looks back the town and remembers the auto shop that he went to when he deliver the package earlier.

"Well...I guess, I’m just gonna have to take it to the shop," he said, having no options to choose.

The man got off his bike and pulled it into town and walk straight into the shop. He pulled into the shop with his bike by his side.

"Hello?" he asked looking around to find the same women on the desk
The women, who’s name was Mina, looks up to see the same man again.
"Oh hello again, do you need any help?"
The man looks at his bike and then back at her.
"Well...umm...yes...sorry to bother you...but my bike...sort of went dead on me,"
Mina looks at him in sorrow.
"Oh my...that's terrible, here, why don't you put your bike in the garage? The mechanic should be here any minute now,"
The blonde man nods.
"Thanks, I appreciate it,"
Mina smile towards him.
“Sure, it’s no problem,”

He toke his bike to the garage and set it to where all the other vehicles stood, he then went to the desk were the Mina sat in and toke a seat by her and turn his attention towards the woman.

"So where is the mech-"

Just as he was about to finish the sentence, another voice came into the shop and rudely interrupted him.

"HEY, MINA! HAS MY PACKAGE COME IN YET? ‘CAUSE I REALLY NEED IT!!!" yelled a young female voice

Mina and the blonde man turn to look at a girl with long black hair and glasses that cover her dark blue eyes. She wore light blue jean overalls that only went half way up, letting the flaps from the front and back dangle at her waist, making the overalls look like pants. A light brown belt was buckle around her hips to prevent her overalls from falling down, as the bottom pant legs were folded up and button on the front. She had a small pink t-shirt on with blue outline from the neck and the upper arm areas. Her stomach could be seen as her belly button showed. She wore a pair of light brown boots and a pair of brown mechanic gloves folded up from her wrists that covered her hands. The blonde man stared at the girl as the look of shock went through his face.

"Hey, it's that girl that bumped into earlier," he thought to himself
"Oh Sukie, welcome back" said Mina with a smile on her face
The young girl just brush her off with a quick response
"Yeah, yeah, where my package?"

"Oh…right," Mina went under the desk and picked up the package. The girl toke the package and wave bye to the women

"Ah! Thanks, well…see you later Mina," the young women went for the door
"Sukie! Wait!" said Mina

Sukie stop right at the door and turn her head around
"Whaat? Can't you see that I’m in rush here?"
Mina just stood still
"I know and I can see that, but you have a customer,"
Mina points to the direction of the blonde man as Sukie goes into shock.
"It's YOU!" she said, as she pointed a finger at him
Mina just looked at both of them and smiled
"Ah, so you two know each other?"
The blonde man and Sukie just stared at one other.
"YOU, you were the one that bumped into me!" said Sukie
The blonde man just sat there wide eye.

"If I may correct the dilemma here, you were the one who bumped into me,"
Sukie just shook her head.

"Nooo, you were the one who bumped into me, you were just standing there in a daze!"

The blonde man stood up and just fire back at her.
"You were the one running, you should of watch were you were going!"
Sukie threw down her package and went towards the man.
"At least I don't stand in a daze and wait for people to steal my wallet!"
The man walks towards her.
“At least I have the courtesy to say excuse me, when I’m in rush!"
Sukie was in the man face.
"Well at least I move out of the way, when I see a rush hour!"
The man was in Sukie face now

"Well at least I have the privilege, of asking someone if there okay when they fell down, like you did!"

“WELL AT LEAST I DON’T STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN LIKE AN IDIOT!”

The two of them just kept arguing at each other until Mina couldn't take it anymore

"QQUUIIEETT!!!" she yelled at them

The two arguers congested their bickering at each other and turn to look at Mina; she cleared her throat and looked at the two.

"Sorry, but you two really needed to stop,"
Sukie put her hands behind her head and looked over to the black hair women.
"I don't see why you have to apologize, Mina, it was absolutely this man's fault"
The blonde man turns to Sukie with anger in his eyes.
"My fault, anyone with eyes can see it was mostly your-"
Mina got frustrated again

"ENOUGH!!!"

Sukie and the man turned their heads in the opposite direction of each other and looked over to Mina again. Mina stood there with an annoyed look on her face while she had one hand on her head while the other was on her hip.

"I swear, the both of you act like brother and sister,"
Sukie just turn around and went for her package

"Whatever," she said and pick up her package and went for the door. But Mina stopped her before she turned the handle.

"Just wait right there, Sukie! You have a job to do!"
Sukie turn around
"And…just what is that? I’m already busy as it is!"
Mina pointed to the man
"This man's bike has broken and you need to fix it!"
Sukie glared at the man
"What!!?"
The man also had the same expression
"Wait a second..."
The man turn to Mina
"Are you telling me that this girl is going to fix my bike?"
Mina looked at the man with a sure look
" Oh! I'm sorry I forgot to tell you,"
The man looked at her with wide expression
"So you mean..."
"Yep,"

They both turned to Sukie who just had an annoying look on her face. Mina introduces the blonde man to Sukie.

“Sir, I would like you to meet Sukie, the mechanic of Kalm's Auto shop!"
The blonde man looked at Sukie with a shock expression on his face
"What!? I don't believe it!" he said in stun
Sukie turns to the man with a whatever look.
"Yeah same here, pal, I can't believe that I have to fix YOUR bike,"
The man was speechless
"But...you’re a GIRL!"
Sukie went wide eye and then regain herself
"OF COURSE I'M A GIRL!! WHO ELSE IS GONNA FIX YOU BIKE!!!???”
The man just stood there for a minute and then spoke
"Well...I was hoping that...a guy was going to fix my bike,"
Sukie started turning red
"A...guy...?" She responded back
The man rub the back of his head and looked at Sukie
"Well yeah..., every mechanic I’ve been to was a guy and he did know what he was doing,"
Sukie started popping a vain from her forehead
"Are you suggesting that I have no idea what I’m doing?"
The man looked at Sukie with a calm look on his face
"Well...you are a girl after all...and I’m not sure if you are capable of doing a man's job,"

Just then Sukie was enraged with anger as Mina started to sink down into the desk below her.

"Oh dear..." she said in fright and sunk lower.
The blonde man turns to look at Mina
"What?"
Mina turns to the man
"I really don't think you should have said that,"
The man looked at Mina in puzzlement
"Why?"

"Well...Sukie gets kinda sensitive, when people start to oppose her as a mechanic...and when they say that she can't be a mechanic...she starts...well...as you can see..."

Mina points over to Sukie as the blonde man turns to look at her and could see that she was pissed off.

"Well I hope you realize now that you can't oppose the opposite sex, no matter what job they are doing," said Mina and she quickly goes under the desk

It was just the man and the girl now, more rage raised inside the young women as the man just kept on staring at her and preparing himself if a fight should break lose.

"Where is your bike?" said Sukie with the look of anger on her face.

The man lowers his defense a little and points to the garage. Sukie walks over to the shop not looking at the blonde.

"I'll show you..." she said
The man tilted his head a little in confusion
"I'll show you and the rest of everyone here that I can be a great mechanic just like any other guy that owns an auto shop!"
She enters into the garage
"I'll show you, I’ll show all of you, that I’m Sukie and I’m the GREATEST MECHANIC EVER!!!"

She goes over to the man’s bike and began to examine it. The man just stood there in awe as the young women began to work on his bike. From under the desk, Mina comes out with a sigh of relief and leans back down on her chair feeling very well reprieve.

"I'm so glad that she settled down," she said happily
The blonde man walks over to her.
"You seem very relief, is she that stressful?" he’s asked her
Mina turns her head over to him and smiles

"No, it’s only when she gets mad, then its chaos, it's hard to resolve her sometimes... But for a moment there, I thought that she was going to send you to the hospital, I was very worried to see if that was ever going to happen,"

The man just stared at her
"You mean…she has done that before?"
Mina smiles softly at him

"Well...yes, but only when people have pushed her too far over the edge, then...well it's hard to control her anger sometimes, I have to get at least two other people to help me out and settle her down sometimes...if things should get out of hand…that is,"

The man just only stared down at the floor
"Oh...I see..."

Mina straightens herself up from her chair and continues on doing the paperwork she was working on before.

"But...all in good hands, she is a good girl, she just trying to prove to everyone here that she can be some sort of good use,"

The man turns his head towards the girl and couldn't help but feel some sort of connection towards her, he then leaves the desk and walks towards the young woman who was still examining his bike. He stood by the girl, as she inspected the engine. Sukie notices a shadow lingering over her and looks up to see the blonde spiky hair man looking down towards her. She lowered her eyebrows at him and continues on working on the bike.

"What do you want?" she said while looking at the engine
"Nothing," he says "Just wanted to know what was wrong with my bike?"

The girl looks at him for a moment and then turns her attention back to the bike. She points out the problem to him and he kneels down besides her to get a better look.

"The problem with your bike is...that one of the wires that goes to the engine is burnt and needs to get replace as soon as possible,"

“Really?” he said to her looking at the young women with astonished on his face, that she knew these kinds of things.

“Yeah,” said Sukie looking over to him “It probably happened if you were accelerating too much on your bike. That kind of speed stresses out the motor and causes it to smoke up or burns some of the wiring in your engine,”

The man closes his eyes and gives a look of disgrace to himself.
“Maybe I shouldn’t have accelerated on my bike then,” he thought to himself
“But don’t worry,” she said, “I can fix it! If…..mmmmmm…..”

The man looks at the engine and then back to the girl and saw that she having some sort of a predicament.

"Its sounds like there some sort of problem,"
Sukie scratches her head and stands up
"Replacing a fried wire, is a piece of cake for me but..."

She went to a drawer of tools and pulled out one of the shelves and she looked inside it. As she peek inside there nothing in there except for a thin layer of dust.

“Just as I thought,” she said looking at the empty shelf
The man walks over to her
“What is it?” he asked
"I just ran out of engine wire,"
"What about that package I delivered?" he says
Sukie looked over to him
"Oh! So you’re the one who delivered my package?"
The man nodded
"So what's in there anyways?"

"It's nothing really, just a bunch of power tools that I needed to get job done faster,"

The man looked down at the floor as the feeling of hopeless went the through his body as he thought about his bike never going to get to be fixed.

"Oh," he said

Sukie just stared him and felt a little sorry for him.
"But don't you worry,” she said, making the blonde raise his head up and feeling hopeful again, “I’ll have your bike fixed up in no time, I just need to make a quick phone call,"

The men glance up at her as Sukie made her way to Mina’s desk.
"Mina! I need to borrow the phone for minute,"
Mina looks over at Sukie

"Oh okay," she hands over the phone to her and she quickly dials some numbers.

The line goes through and starts to ring. It picks up and the sound of another voice comes on.

"Hello Rick, it's me Sukie, how are you doing...? Yeah, listen, I need a favor from you, do you have anymore engine wire? Oh you do! That’s great! Thanks, talk to you later, bye,"

Sukie quickly hangs up the phone and gives a thumps up to the blonde man.

"You don't have to worry about a thing, mister, I called a friend of mines and he said he had some wire, so I’m going to go pick them up and come right back to repair your bike,"

The blonde man smiles
"Thanks, but you don't have call me mister, my names is Cloud, Cloud Strife,"
Sukie smiled
"Cloud, huh?"
She stretches out her arm and introduces herself to him
"It's a pleasure meeting you Cloud, since you’ve already know my name it’s Sukie, Sukie Monarch,"
Cloud and Sukie shake hands as a smile spread across their faces.
"It a pleasure meeting you too, Sukie,"
"I'm sorry about bumping into you earlier, it's seems that I was in bit of a rush," says the young mechanic
Cloud shook his head
"No it's my fault, I shouldn't have been standing in the middle of town,"
Sukie shakes her head
"No it's my fault, I should of been watching where I was going,"
Cloud then started to argue back
"No it's mines, I was just standing there!"
Sukie then starts yelling back at him
"No it's mines, I didn't see you standing there!"
Cloud then yells back at her
"NO IT'S MINE!!!"
Then Sukie
"NO, MINES!!!"
Cloud
"MINES!!"
and so on and so forth….
"MINES!"
"MINES!"
"MINES!"
"MINES!"
It kept going until Mina couldn't take it anymore

"WILL YOU TWO JUST SHUP UP IT WAS BOTH YOUR GUY’S FAULT!!!"

Rika17

thanks, here part 2

Part 2

Once Cloud and Sukie stopped arguing at each other, Sukie went into an office that was just vertically of Mina’s desk, pulls out a tan duffle bag from the corner of the office and takes out some long leather leashes and metal chocobo harness from a desk, that was in the middle of the workplace, and stuffs them into the bag. Cloud comes in and watches her as she prepares her things.

"So, where is it that your going?" he asks

Sukie zippers up the bags and looks over to him
"That called I made is a friend of mines who sells auto parts and as well as many other equipment that I need, if I should ever run out of items. All I have to do is call him and he'll have it ready for me,"

"So where exactly does he live?' says Cloud
Sukie pulls up the bag and swings it over her shoulder
"He lives 20 miles south from Kalm,"
"20 miles! That’s a long way! How do plan to get there?" exclaimed the blonde
Sukie smiles at him
"By chocobo of course!"
Cloud gazes at her
"Chocobo! You have one?"

"Yeah, there’s a Chocobo Ranch just outside of town. My chocobo is in there I need to go get him!"

Sukie grabs a hat that was hanging on the wall and puts it on. She quickly gets out of the office and walks towards Mina.

"Mina, I’m gonna be gone for a while, tell the others guys I’ll be back,"
Mina nodded
"Sure,"
Sukie turns to Cloud
"Well...see you later, I’ll be back in a bit, just stay here and relax for a while,"
Cloud stares at her in shock
"What a second, your going all by yourself?"
Sukie looks at Cloud
"Yeah...I always do,"
Sukie goes to the door and heads outside, Cloud quickly follows her.

"So…you go off on your own? By…yourself? Doesn’t your mother worry that you might get hurt going off alone?” he says to her in a very concern voice

Sukie suddenly stops in her tracks and turns around to look at the blonde.

"Listen! I don't need an adult to escort me everywhere I go! I’m 17 years old and I can take care of myself, SO if you DON’T MIND, WOULD you PLEASE EXSCUSE ME! I have to go, see you later," she says and stomps off out of town.

But Cloud just kept on following her till she reaches the Chocobo Ranch.
"I'm sorry, but I can't let you go off alone, what if you get hurt?" he says to her

Sukie just kept on walking, trying to ignore the blonde.

"Why are you so worried? I do this mostly every other day!" she says to him in anger
Cloud goes into shock
"You Do!?"
Sukie looks back at him
"Of course I do! The monsters on the land don't bother at all. I can handle them on my own!"

Cloud just shook his head; he couldn't let this girl go off into the wilderness alone. Who knows what kind of danger she could get in?

"I'm sorry, but I can't let go alone,"
Sukie stops and turns to look at him with frustration in her eyes
"Fine! Since YOU’RE so worried about me!” she says to him as she wiggles her finger around, “I’ll let you tag along, but! I’m telling you that I can take care of myself!"
Cloud smiles and nods to her
"Thanks,” he’d says “That sounds like a good plan,”

Sukie just rolls her eyes at him and keeps walking till she went inside the Chocobo Ranch. Inside the ranch were stables for each chocobo to settle in. On the floor, grass and hay was everywhere, making each step you take a crunching sound. Sukie reach the end of the ranch to a stable were a black chocobo nestled into its hay sleeping peacefully and undisturbed. Sukie went up to the stable and called for the bird.

"Dasher, get up, it's time to go on a trip, boy!"

The black bird blinked its eyes, picked up its long black neck and yawns. Long black feathers stood at the top of his head and slightly curve, which made it look like a Mohawk. The chocobo shakes his head to get the sleep from out of him and then turns to the person who called for him and softy chips towards her. The chocobo greatly stands up showing his tall and mighty figure and happily walks over to his master. Sukie smiled over at him, as the giant bird lowers his head to cuddles her.

"Oh I’m sorry, boy, were you sleeping, I’m so sorry, but we have to go out of town today," Sukie gently pats him on the head while he just coos and nuzzle at her face.

Sukie hugs his massive head and goes over to open the stable. The chocobo walks out of his established area while Sukie puts down her bag and takes out the leash and chocobo harness out.

"Okay, buddy it's time to put this on,"

Dasher lowered his head as Sukie slips on the brace and hooks it. She then gets the leash and places it on his face.

"Okay, were almost ready, we just need one more thing,"
Cloud looked over to her as she walks over to an empty wagon.
"And just what is that for?" he’d said to her pointing at the wagon
Sukie looks over at him and grins
"It’s a wagon for you silly," she giggles
Cloud looks at her in alarm
"Why do I have to sit in the back?" he fusses
Sukie puts her hands on her hips and looks at him

"Because I’m the driver and you’re the passenger!" she says pointing to her and then to him.

"Well why can't I be the driver? I know how to ride a chocobo," says Cloud impatiently

Sukie goes over to Dasher and pets him
"Because Dasher won't let anyone else, besides me on his back,"
Cloud goes over to the giant bird
"Whatever, anyone can ride a chocobo," he says looking confident

Cloud jumps on Dasher and settles himself on his back. Sukie looks at him and tries to stop the blonde man.

"Cloud, wait! I wouldn't do that if I were you! Dasher doesn't like it when other people get his back!"

But the blonde doesn’t listen to her, so when the moment the spiky hair man got on Dasher…the chocobo quickly leans his back up and starts jumping around the stables. Cloud tries to hold on to him, but Dasher just keeps on bouncing around and runs about the ranch until finally Cloud was throw off by the giant bird and sends the blonde man flying into a pile of old hay. Sukie went over to him as Dasher finally settled down giving Cloud a dirty look for forcing himself upon him. Cloud sat up dizzily with hay and straw all over his body, hair, and mouth. Sukie looks at him and shakes her head and sighs.

After awhile, Sukie, Cloud, and Dasher were on the gassy plains as the young women drove while the blonde arrogant man sat in the wagon that was attached to the black chocobo, who proudly smiled to himself for throwing off the blonde.

"See I told you,” said Sukie turning her head towards Cloud, “Dasher only lets me ride on his back and no one else,"

Cloud only sighs and puts a hand oh his chin.

"This is so humiliating," he says shamefully and three of them continue on heading south.

As Sukie, Cloud, and Dasher maintained on going down south, Cloud wonder to himself as he sat in the wagon on how Sukie became a mechanic at such a young age. Curiosity and questions began to develop in his mind until they just kept building up in his head. Then without further notice, the blonde man quickly turns around to Sukie and asked her.

"Hey,Sukie!"
"Yeah?" she said keeping her eyes in the land in front of her
"I was just wondering...how you’d become a mechanic in the first place and at such a young age?”

Sukie looked up towards the sky and ponder about his question. She stared at the blue atmosphere for a moment before turning her head towards him to answer his question.

"Well...ummm...you see..."
Cloud turns his full attention towards her
"Well...ever since I was little, I’ve always like tinkering with toy cars, y'know the ones that you rind up and they speed away…?”
Cloud nods his head as he remembers playing with those toys.

"Well...when they would break, I would always take them apart and figure out what was wrong with them and when I toke them apart I would always find the gears jammed together or one of them was broken and needed to be replace. After I fixed the broken car up, I rind the toy back up and started playing with it again. Then as the years went by and I got bigger, I started working on bicycles for kids whose bikes had broken and couldn’t ride them anymore. But once I’ve fixed them up, the kids were so happy that they quickly got back on them again and started riding around once more,”

Cloud looked at her with an awe-inspiring expression on his face as Sukie smiles upon the good deed that she remembers.

"Ah... so I see, that's great, Sukie, I’m glad to know that you were helping out the other kids in town when they were in a bind,"
Sukie smiled and looked down in embarrassment
"Yeah...it is great, isn't it?"
Cloud smiled at her as he had more questions to ask
"So...when did you start working on vehicles?"
Sukie turns back to him

"Well...as I was growing up, I’ve always like going to my neighbor James’s house, you see...he was the head mechanic in our town and if I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the toy car or bike I went over to his place and asked for his advice. Of course he was more than happy to help. He’d show me what was wrong with the bike or toy and told me how to fix it. I began learning from him and help him repaired all kinds of vehicles, when I wasn't fixing toys or bikes. I was mostly at his house everyday to learn more stuff about repairing. As I did, James became my teacher and I became his student. We had so much fun fixing stuff together and I learn so much from him as he taught me so many things, and then the day came when I was fifth teen and he requested me if I could work at his shop. When he did I was so thrilled and full of excitement that I quickly agreed to his offer right away. Since then, we’ve became the greatest mechanics in town! Everyone was happy to know that we could help them out if ever their automobiles were ever to break down and just has helpful as we were, James and I were more than happy to assist. Everyday was a new experience for me, James educated me on all kinds of stuff about the vehicles and how they can be endure and repaired. I was so happy to work for him and grateful for everything that he taught me. He was good man, filled with generosity and compassion...but...then..."

Sukie suddenly looks down towards the ground and Cloud begins to wonder what is wrong?

"…two years ago, the stigma got to him...and...he...died..."
Cloud put a dreadful expression on his face

"Everyone in town mourned for the lost of his death, but...I...was more devastated than anybody else in the community and I was so depressed that I locked myself up in my room for a week. But as days went by…Mina thought it was time for me to move on and help me get back on my feet. I started working in the shop again. The people of Kalm smile, knowing that I was working at the shop again. But after a few days of maintaining the garage alone, less people came by to see me,”

Cloud titled his head
"Why?" he asked?

"Well…I am a girl after all…and when people see me working at the shop they burst out laughing or have a surprise look on their faces and go somewhere else to get their automobiles repair,"

Cloud looks down and remembers what happen earlier in the shop
"Oh...sorry to hear about that," he said solemnly
Sukie clutched her fist

"If only they knew that I'm just as great as James was, business would be booming by now, but since I’m a girl, business is just as slow and sluggish as ever and nobody thinks I can do it,"

Cloud looks at Sukie and gives her some comfort

"Hey don't worry about it, one day you'll prove them wrong and once they see that you’re are a great mechanic, they’ll feel very ashamed of themselves and apologize for ever doubting you!”

Sukie looks at Cloud and then turn her head towards the sky and sees the sun shinning all over the land.

"Someday when I have enough gil, I wish to travel the world and assist people repair their vehicles and once they see that I’m a great mechanic, everyone will know and respect me as “The Greatest Mechanic Ever!” Every person in the world would want me to help them fix their automobiles and then when that day comes I will be more than happy to. Everybody will see how great I am and how I will never turn them down when they are in a bind. I will try to help them in anyway that I can as much as I can! You’ll see! One day I'm gonna be the greatest person this world will ever know!!"

Sukie threw her fist in the air as Dasher chipped out a happy squeak while Cloud just smiled.

"Someday," she said “I will be the greatest!"

The sun shinned over Sukie, Cloud, and Dasher as the small group finally made their way south of Kalm and emerge before a little store.

Chapter 1 End

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Heey you reposted this up, why didnt you say? I really liked this story. Great to read it again :D Sukie is a great character. Good job Rika ;-)

Rika17

thanks, I'm rewritting it because the last one kinda suck, here's chap 2

Chapter 2:
A Snake and a Repaired Bike
Part 1

Cloud and Sukie made their way to a small store with a sign over the door with the words of Ricky's written on it. The store was a nice place little place that had the structure of a small logged cottage. Its wooden walls made a welcoming feeling for anyone who came by this little place. Cloud, Sukie, and Dasher stood before the tiny store and gaze upon it.

"Well...this is it," said Sukie as she turns to Cloud "It's not much but it's still a good place to get some items and other accessories at a decent price"

Sukie jumped off of the chocobo’s back while Cloud got off the wagon that was attached to the giant bird. Sukie turns to Dasher and pets him.

"Stay here Dasher and be a good boy, I’ll be back in a bit,"

Dasher nods his head and lowers he head as he starts picking at the grass below him. Sukie walks towards the wooden cottage and opens the door and turn to look at Cloud.

"See, I told you that I’ll be alright,"
Cloud went up to her
"Only because I was here,"
Sukie rolled her eyes
"Whatever, come on, let's go inside,"

The two enter the store and was greeted by a fairly built man that stood behind a counter, who looked no more than his early thirties. Sukie waved to him as she enters the store.

"Hey Rick, how it hangin?"
Rick smiled at Sukie
"Oh Sukie, it's so good to see you again! I have the wire that you ask for,"
Sukie nods at him in appreciation
"Thanks Rick, you’re the best!"

Rick turns around to a wall of shelves that had all kinds of items in them, he went to one the shelves and got a brown box and pulled it off.

"You’re a very luck girl, Sukie. I just got a whole shipment of them today!"

He put the box on the counter and opens it. Inside were a dozens of rolled up wire that were brand new and shiny like a coin.

"So how many rolls do you need, Sukie?" asked Rick
Sukie looked inside the box and studied the rolls of wire.
"Mmmmm...I'll think I’ll take five rolls," she said
"Five rolls...?" said Rick
"Yes," says Sukie "Five rolls, please,"

Rick nodded and toke out five rolls of wire, as he did he turned to look at blonde hair man that was standing behind Sukie.

"So...who’s your new friend, Sukie?" he asked looking at the blonde

"Oh...him?” said Sukie, pointing a thumb behind her. “He’s just another customer of mines,"

"Really?" said Rick as he raise an eyebrow

"Yes," said Sukie "Really. His motorcycle broke down and asked me to repair it for him”

"The names Cloud," he said and extended his arm to shakes Rick’s “It’s a pleasure to meet you,”

"It's a pleasure to meet you to Cloud,” said Rick and laid out his hand to shake Cloud’s “I'm sorry to hear about your bike, what happen exactly?"

"One of the wires that was connected to the engine got fired, so I have to replace it with a new one," said Sukie

"It was probably because I make too many deliveries, I barely have time to tune up my bike," said Cloud

"Ah geez, that's too bad, but don't worry, Sukie is the best mechanic that I’ve ever seen, she'll have your bike running like new again," said Rick

Cloud looked down at Sukie and smiled at her
"So I’ve heard,"

Sukie only smiles back at him. Rick charges up the five rolls of wire and begins on bagging them.

"Ok...Sukie…that'll be...25 gil, please,"

Sukie went into her pocket and toke out a bag of gil and gave Rick the right amount of change to him.

"Here you go, 25 gil,"

Sukie gave Rick the gil and he put it into a change box that was underneath the counter. Sukie toke the bag and begins to leave for her departure.

“Bye, Rick! I’ll call you again if I need anything else!” Sukie waves at him and heads for the door but before she even gets close to the handle, Rick calls out to her.

"Wait, Sukie! Before you leave…There’s something that I want to show you," said Rick

Sukie looked at him in puzzlement as Rick went under the counter to get something. The sound of stuff shifting from one place to another could be heard as the man searched for the item he was looking for.

"What is it that you wanted to show me?" she asked
"This!" he said

He got out from under the counter and pulled out a very long rectangular black box and opens it up. Inside the box was a very long silver sword with a black handle. Sukie went into surprise as Cloud went stunned.

"Where did you get such a long sword, Rick?" asked Sukie as she glared up at him

"Last year, I travel up north to the mountains for a hiking trip and just out of the blue I spotted this sword just lying on the ground! Its blade was a little chip but its handle was still good. I thought if I could sharpen up the blade and polished the sword, I might make some good gil off of it!"

Sukie couldn't keep her eyes off the silver sword for it gleam of beauty and loveliness. Cloud just stood there and stared at it. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Rick look at Sukie who was hypnotized by the elegance of the blade.

"So…do you want to buy it? I know how much you’re into swords, Sukie," said Rick

Sukie snapped out of her gaze and look at Rick
"For how much?" she asked
Rick looked at her and smiled
"5,000 gil,"
Sukie went into shock
"Fiv...five...thousand!?"
Rick glance at her
"But for you...," he said "...1,000 gil,"
Sukie almost fell to the floor
"....that's...still too pricy, Rick!"
Rick scratch his chin and thought about the price for a minute
"mmmm...alright then...500!"
Sukie fell to the floor but then quickly got up
"Just forget Rick, I’m not that rich! I can barely manage to pay for my own bills,"

"Ohh...alright then..." said Rick as he pouted by the declined offer. But as he looked over to Cloud, the poutiness stopped and the shop owner grinned towards the blonde man.

"How bout you, Cloud? Would you like to buy it?" said Rick rubbing his hands together.

Cloud sweat drops and waves his hands towards him

"Uhhh...no thanks, I've already have a sword of my own," He points to the large sword behind his back and Rick goes teary eyes and stares at Cloud with a baby face.

"Ohh...c'on on, it's only 500 gil,"
Cloud shakes his head having no interest in it what so ever

"Uh...n…no thanks," he says and slowly backs away when suddenly a little girl with brown braided pigtails came into the store entirely out of breath and out of energy.
"Daddy…!" She manages to say
Rick turns around to the girl
"Susie! What is it!?"
"It's mommy!”

The little girl fell to her knees as she was trying to catch her breath. Rick jumped over the counter and ran towards his daughter and quickly picks her up.

"What is it, Susie? What about mommy? Where is she!?'' says Rick as he begins to panic

Susie looks up to her father with tears in her eyes
"A snake! A big giant snake has mommy!!"
Everyone looked at the young girl as she tries to explain everything

"After mommy and me came back shopping from Kalm and started walking back home, a big giant snake just starting chasing mommy and me, mommy manage to distracted it so it wouldn't come after me, but..."

Rick looked at his daughter with shock and fear as the little girl panted to catch her breath.

"But what, sweetie? What did the snake do with mommy?"

"The snake got mommy…and toke her back to its cave!" she said finally catching her breathe.

Rick had an alarm look on his face as Sukie suddenly spoke with a serious expression on her features which made everyone turn their heads towards her.

“Well…just what are we standing around here for? We have to help out Sarah!"

Rick looked at Sukie and nodded to her. He put Susie down and walks over to the counter and grabs the sword that was on top of it. Susie looks at him full of worry.

"Daddy...?"
Rick look down at Susie and smiled at her
"Susie, I want you to stay here, okay?"
Susie nodded
"Please save mommy, daddy!"
Rick nodded and Sukie gave her a thumb’s up

"Don't worry Susie, we'll take care of that snake and come back with a new purse for you," said Sukie

Susie nodded and everyone walks out of the door. Susie stood by the door and watch as Sukie whistle for Dasher. The chocobo came running toward her with the wagon still linked to him.

"Please hurry and bring mommy back!" Susie exclaimed
Sukie look at her and smile
"Don't worry Susie; we'll be back before you know it! Just wait here for us, ok?''

The little girl nodded as Sukie got on Dasher while Rick and Cloud sat in the wagon. Sukie gently pulled on Dasher leash which quickly titled up his head and turn his body around. The chocobo skirted off onto the land as the group toke off towards the lair of the snake. Susie looked down at the ground as soon as father and the others left from her view. She held her hands together in prayer and whisper softly in the wind.

"Mommy, please be okay,”

On the grassy plains…Sukie, Rick, and Cloud headed for the cave to where the snake live, as they journey to the lair, a thought came over Cloud as he notice that the whole time Sukie and him travel to the store, that the young women never once carried a weapon with her. He quickly turns around towards her and rapidly discusses the subject at hand.

"Hey wait a minute, Sukie! Just how are you going to fight? I just notice right now that you don't even have a weapon!"

Sukie turns over to Cloud and smiles at him
"Oh don't worry, Cloud, I've got skills"
Cloud raise his eyebrow to her
"You’ve got skills...?"
Sukie nods
"Yes, I have skills"
"You have skills?"
Rick closed his eyes and nods in agreement
"She has skills"
Cloud turn to him
"SHE has skills?" and points to her. Rick opens his eyes and nods again.
"She got skills, man" said Rick
"So are you telling that Sukie has skills?" said Cloud still unsure if Sukie could fight against the snake.

"YES!" said Rick and Sukie together as the lean over to Cloud and tried to make him understand that Sukie could help in defeating the snake.

Rick moves back to the end of the wagon and looks at the blonde man before him.

"I'm telling you Cloud, the girl got some skills,"
Sukie nodded
"Yeah, so you don't need to worry about me, Cloud, like I said before I can take care of myself,"
Rick nodded
"It's true; you should see her when she fights, totally kicks ass,"
Sukie smiled at his comment as Cloud leans back towards her.
"Really? And just what kind of skills do you have, Sukie?" he asked her
Sukie just smiled at him.

"Your just gonna have to wait and see, Cloud, when I turn that overgrown serpent into a new leather jacket!"

Cloud grins and crosses his arms in front of his chest
"Well, I can't wait to see,” he said
"You'll see in do time," said Sukie

The group finally made it to the lair and saw the cave approaching them but when they tried to get closer Dasher suddenly stops in his tracks and looked towards a figure in front of him. Sukie lowers herself down to him and softly speaks to the chocobo.

"What’s the matter, boy?"

Dasher made a soft squeak sound and pointed his beak toward a skeleton structure of a snake that had its head pull back and pierce through a dead tree. Everyone went into shock. From where they stood, red encrusted blood still stained the dead tree long after the snake became decompose and rotten. There was a faint smell decay in the air as the group looked on towards the skeleton. Sukie put her hands to her lips as she stared horribly at the lasts remains of a Midgar Zorm.

"Who on Gaia could of done this?" she said
Rick shook his head in uncertainty
"I don't know, but who ever it was, didn’t bother to hesitate when they kill that serpent.”

Cloud lowered his head and remain silent he didn’t talk about the subject at hand for it was too painful and brought back terrible memories of the past the he didn’t want to be remember of. Dasher started to shiver in fear when he saw the snake skeleton and couldn't go any further.

Sukie gently pats him on the head and jumped off his back
"Don't worry, boy, just stay here until we’ve come back,"
Dasher nodded his head and Sukie turns to Cloud and Rick

"Alright boys, this is how far Dasher can go, we’re gonna have to walk from here!"

The men both nodded their heads and got off the wagon.
"That's fine, as long as we get to the cave and save my wife, I have no problems what so ever," said Rick
"Me too," said Cloud
Sukie smiled at them and turn around where the cave was
"Let's go, boys!!"

Cloud and Rick got their weapons ready and the three of them headed off towards the cave where Sarah, Rick’s wife, was being held captive at.

Inside the cavern, a giant white snake that stood about 30 ft long, coiled a women around it's scaly clutches, it looked at her with it's big green eyes that were about the size of dinner plates and glared at her as it long sharp fangs trickled of drool and dripped to the rocky ground below.

"Tell me!" it said "Who killed my brother!?"

The snake tightens its grip around the women who lavishly struggles to breathe for air.

"I...don't know...” She gasps out “I...was just...passing by...with my daughter..."

The snake grows angry and supplementary squeezes her again, tightening his grip some more.

"Lair!" it hissed at her as she begins to gasps for air

"It's...the truth...I really don't...know..." she said, trying her best to struggle out of the snake's grip. But it was no use the snake had a firm hold on her and wouldn't let her go. The serpent looked at her in full of rage and begins to stiffen up his clutch on her. Sarah begins to pant as the tense hold around her makes it difficult for her breathe.

"Foolish women!" said the snake "If you won't tell me who killed my brother than maybe your life isn't worth living for!"

The snake begins to open its large mouth and sinks its head towards the woman. Sarah went petrified as she saw the snake's large drooling fangs coming towards her

"NO!" she screamed

The snake was about to consume her when suddenly Sukie come running into the cave and jumps up into the air and kicks the snake with full force with her feet.

"Eat this!" she said as she manage to get the snake's mouth away from Sarah and sent it flying towards a rocky wall

Cloud, who was just below the snake, was impressed to see Sukie kick the serpent right it the face. The Zorm loosen its grip on Sarah, who was pale and out of breathe, fainted and started to fall when the Zorm's grip had loosen on her. Rick ran as fast as he could and caught his wife before she could hit the ground.

Rick looked at her in full of concern.
"Sarah!!" he yelled, hoping that his voice would awaken her
Sarah slowly open her eyes and saw her husband looking down at her
"Rick...?" she softly said

Rick sighed in relief, knowing that his wife was alright. As for Sukie, she swiftly jumped back down on the ground and quickly ran towards where Rick and Sarah were.

"Sarah," yelled Sukie as went up to her

"Oh Sukie, your here as well too?" said Sarah as she slowly turns her head towards the young women. Sukie only shook her head, not really worrying about herself.

"Never mind about me. What about you? Are you alright?" asked Sukie looking warily about Sarah. The women nodded to her and quickly responded.

"Yes...I'm fine," she said weakly
Sukie sighs
"Good, glad to here it,"
Just then the snake rose up and glared at the group of people before him.
"How dare you come into my cave uninvited!"
Sukie quickly turns around to Rick
"Rick get Sarah out of here!"

Rick nods and quickly pick up his wife and runs out of the cave with her. The snake notices Rick and Sarah trying to escape towards the entrance of the cave and rapidly goes after them.

"You won't escape that easily!" hissed the Serpent and quickly slithers towards the marriage couple.

"Oh no, you don't," says Cloud and pulls out his giant sword and stabs the snake into the right side of its body.

The snake scream out in pain as Cloud pull out his sword from the snake’s body while Rick and Sarah made it safely outside the cave. The snake glares at Cloud with its piercing green eyes and hisses at him, as blood comes pouring out from its wound.

"DAMN YOU!!" it yelled and rapidly went towards the blonde hair man

But Cloud dodges him and Sukie quickly goes over to the snake and punches him in the face. The snake flies back as it hit the cave wall making a crack into it. The crack grows longer until it reaches the ceiling of the cave where rocked spikes hung above. The splinter reached the spikes which causes them to snap and break and to descend below where Cloud and Sukie stood. The young mechanic looked up as she saw the spikes above her start to fall.

"Cloud Look!" she yelled, as she points upwards
Cloud looked up and saw the spikes coming down towards them.
"Let’s get out of here," says Cloud, as Sukie and him run towards the exit.

The snake sees them running and goes straight towards the two intruders. Sukie and Cloud could feel the cave rumble as the spikes above them made the cave start to deteriorate.

"This cave is starting to fall apart," says Sukie, as she began to wobble
"Then we have to get out of here," says Cloud, also feeling wobbly
"No one is going anywhere!!"

Sukie and Cloud turn around to see the snake right behind them with his mouth wide open. Sukie and Cloud get out of the snake's way by going opposite directions of the snake's path. Cloud jumped into the air and pulls out his sword and pierce the snake into his neck, Sukie came running from the right and kick the snake in the head. The Zorm hissed in pain and collapsed on the floor. Cloud quickly jumped down and gracefully safe landed on the floor. The cave around him starts to rumble more tensely as pieces of rock began to fall and hit the ground. The blonde man turns to Sukie and grabs her by the hand.

"Sukie, we have to get out of here! The cave is starting to fall apart!”

Sukie turns to Cloud and nods at him. The two fighters swiftly turn around and dash towards the entrance of the cave. The serpent’s lair roared in collapse as Cloud and Sukie hurriedly made their way outside of the cave. The cavern shook in fright as the two warriors finally made their way outside of the cavern and into the bright sun. They looked into the horizon to see Rick and Sarah standing by Dasher just a few feet away from them and quickly walk towards them. The group turns to watch in horror as the cave of the Midgar Zorm disintegrates upon itself, trapping the serpent inside, who still remain in it.

Last edited:

Rika17

okay, here it is

Part 2

After the cave went down everyone sighed in relief to know that the giant snake that kidnapped Sarah was dead. Rick went over to his wife and hugged her as he was reprieve to know that she was alright.

“I’m so glad that your, honey,” he says to her and tightly holds her in his embrace, which she quickly muffle in his arms.
“Please dear, don’t squeeze me too hard, I still feel a little sore from being in that snake’s deadly grip,”
Rick quickly let go of her as Sarah gently smile at him
“Oh! Sorry!” he said in apology

“It’s okay” she says to him, “as long as I am in your embrace, I have no problems with it.” she says and lightly wraps her arms around her husband and hugs him, which Rick quickly hugs her back in a warm hug.

"Well, I'm glad that's over," said Sukie as she walks over to Rick and Sarah, who were still hugging each other.
"Yeah," said Cloud who followed behind Sukie
"Now we can go home," said Rick gently letting his wife go.
Sarah nodded

"Yes, Susie must be very worried right now, she at home, right?" she says turning her head towards her husband who nods towards her.

"Yeah, she came straight home when she told us that you got capture, I told her to stay at the store and wait for us to return," said Rick
Sarah sighed in relief
"That's good to hear," she said putting a hand to her chest
Rick smiled
"C'on let's go home,"

Everyone nodded and headed towards Dasher. Just as everyone was about to get on the wagon, Sukie quickly thought of something and turned to Sarah

"Sarah,"
Sarah looked at her
"Yes?"

"Why did that snake kidnap you anyways? Usually the Zorms just stay inside their territories and don’t bother attacking other people unless they intrude on their land,”

Sarah stopped in her spot and gaze at the ground below her. She shook her head and looked back to Sukie.

"Honestly, to tell you the truth, I really don’t know,”
Sukie titled her head
"You don't?"
Sarah picks up her arms and put her hands to her face.
"Well...there was one thing he said to me, when he took me to his cave"
Sukie looked at her with eagerness
"What!? What did he say?"
"Well...he said.........."

Just before Sarah could finish her sentence, the ground suddenly began to shake and rumble with fright.

"W...what’s happening!?" said Sarah she began to loose her balance from the unstable ground below her. Rick quickly goes to her hold her against his chest so she wouldn’t fall.

The ground shook with violence and rage and just as everyone thought the quake wasn’t gonna stop. The giant snake, who was thought to be dead, rose up from the earth and looked down upon the group, who trespass in his cave, glared at them with anger and rage as never before. Everyone gasped and looked at the Zorm with horror.

"No way! It can't be!, How did you manage to survive, when the cave finally collapse?!" said Sukie

The Snake look upon the youngest one in the group and smile to her a wicked grin.

"I’ve manage to dig a tunnel at the very last moment!"

Sukie just gritted her teeth as the snake glared at them with his piercing green eyes

"What is it that you want!?" yelled Sukie, as she looked at snake right in the eyes.
The snake looked at her and responded.
"I'm looking for the human that killed my brother,"
Sukie went stunned as Sarah spoke up
"That’s the reason why he kidnapped me!"
Everyone turn to Sarah as she spoke
"He said he was looking for someone that killed his brother!"
"So that's it, huh?" said Rick looking angrily towards the snake
"Yeah, but why you, Sarah?” spoke Cloud “It’s not like you had anything to do with the killing of his brother,”

"Yes, I know, but he kidnapped me anyways. He wanted to know if I knew the person who killed his brother and when I told him that I didn't, he’d refuse to listen to me and wanted to kill me,"

"That bastard!!" said Rick as he was in enrage with anger
The snake begins to laugh

"That's correct,” said the snake “Ever since my brother was killed, I vowed to find the human who murdered him and kill them the way they slaughter my brother. As you can see over there,"

The snake and everyone else turn their head towards the skeleton Zorm that had its head pierce through a tree. The group went into shock as the finally knew that that remains of the snake was his brother. Sukie turn to look at the other brother who was still glaring at them.

"That's no reason to kidnapped someone!" she said with enrage
The snake just glared at her.
"You should go after the person who killed your brother and not someone else who doesn’t know!" yelled Sukie
The Zorm stared at her as he’d lower himself towards her

"You human's are all alike, always killing something that isn’t the same as you. Once you found out that something’s out of place, you immediately destroy it right away! You don't even bother to ask why! You just do! If it’s not you, kill it right?” the snake lifts up its giant head looks upon the small group “So therefore, I shall kill all humans to avenge my brother's death! None of you desire to live! You make this world a terrible place to live! You have no feelings for other creatures beside yourself and for that you all must die! I shall save this world by devouring every last one of you! Starting with you four first!”

The Zorm open its huge mouth and starts charging towards the group before him.

"The hell you are!" yell Rick as he got the long silver sword and started running towards the snake

"Rick!" shouted Sarah, as her husband jumped in the air and pointed the sword to the snake's mouth

"Take this you bastard!"

The snake saw Rick coming down above him and caught the sword in his mouth. Rick went wide eyed as he dangle in front of the snake’s face. The Zorm glared at him and quickly shook its giant head to the side, which Rick suddenly flew off from the sword he was holding and went flying through the air. The man screamed as he continued to soar into air and suddenly got knock out as he hit the ground hard below him.

The snake looked at the remaining group and broke the sword in half with his powerful jaws and dropped the broken pieces which fell onto the ground and still gleamed into the sun. Sarah screamed out Rick's name as her husband laid unconsciously and unstable on the ground. She quickly went towards him.

"Rick!” Sarah shouted and went to go pick him up. She slightly shook her husband to awaken him from his unconsciousness. But when she saw that he was unmoving, she quickly went into shock. The Zorm quickly turned his attention towards Rick and Sarah and swiftly made his way towards them. Cloud and Sukie saw what the snake was doing and quickly went after him.

"C'on Cloud," said Sukie and dashed towards the snake.

Cloud toke out his sword and started charging after the Zorm. Sarah went stiff as she saw the snake coming right at her.

"NOW YOU DIEEE!!" he hissed and started to open his mouth

"You wanna bet on it!" said Cloud as ran up to the snake and into his mouth which he quickly chops up his tongue in half. The snake scream in ultimate pain as blood started spattering from its mouth.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

The snake swings his head to and fro as blood splatters everywhere. Cloud turned to the snake and glares at him

"There, so you won’t hurt anyone else ever again!"

Sukie jumped in the air and punched the snake several times and then does a back flip and kicks the snake upwards and sending it falling back to the ground.

"That’s for kidnapping Sarah!" she said before gently landing safely on the ground

Cloud looked at Sukie in shock when she did that fighting technique on the Zorm and couldn't help but feel that he saw that same move before. Sukie quickly went toward Rick and Sarah and knelt down beside them. Cloud soon followed her and stood by the couple.

"Are you alright?" said Sukie to Sarah
Sarah nodded
"Yes, but..."
Sarah looked at Rick with a worried look on her

Everyone looked at Rick with a concerned look and wonder if he was going to be okay. Sukie then stood up and gaze down at Sarah.

"We have to take him to the Clinic in Kalm," said Sukie
Sarah nodded
"Yes,"

Sukie whistled for Dasher and he came trotting towards her. The young women went over Rick and called for Cloud.

"Cloud, help me carry Rick into the wagon,"

Cloud nodded and went over to Rick side. He’d picked him up and carried the man into the wagon. Cloud gently laid him down as Sarah sat by his side with a worried look still on her face.

"Dear, please be alright," whispered Sarah
Sukie looked down at everyone as she saw that they were all in the wagon.
"Alright then, is everyone ready to leave this horrible place?"
Sarah and Cloud nodded
"Okay then, let's...Oh...!"

Sukie had a forgetful look at her face and Cloud looked at her with a questionable expression on his features.

"What the matter, Sukie?" he said

Sukie looked back to where the snake laid stilled and silent, beside him laid the two pieces of the long sword that Zorm broke in half.

"Rick's sword, I have to get," she said

Cloud looked to her and wonder to himself if it was really necessary to take a broken sword with them.

"Are you sure you want to take it?” he asked “I mean it's already broken,"
Sukie turn to Cloud
"I'm positive! I have to! After the way Rick tried to confront that snake, he has every right to have it back in his hands!”
Cloud only sighed
"Alright then, go get it,”
Sukie smiled
"Thanks, I’ll be right back,"

Cloud watched as the young women went back to get the broken sword. Sukie ran pass the white snake and looked it as it lay still on its back, presuming that it was dead; she looks down at the ground and saw the broken sword. She picks up the blade that had the handle on it and saw her reflection in it. Sukie gazed down at the blade and saw that it still had its beautiful gleam when the sun hit the silvery blade. A feeling of guilt spread through out her body as she felt a little sorry that the rapier was broken.

"What a shame,” she said looking at the blade, “and it was such a nice sword too,"

She glances over the first blade and sees the second one laying down just a couple of inches away from her. Sukie lowers down the first blade and goes over to pick up the other blade. As she walked to get the other half of the sword, the snake who was thought to be dead, open up one of his giant green eyes and gaze over to see Sukie standing right beside him. The Zorm slowly begin to pick up its head and silently makes his way over to the young women with his large mouth opening very wide. Cloud saw the snake making its way towards Sukie.

"SUKIE, BEHIND YOU!!" shouted Cloud

Sukie saw the reflection of the snake in one of the blade that she just picks up and quickly turn around to see the white snake coming right towards her. Sukie's eyes went small, as the Zorm slithered rapidly towards her.

"SUKIE!" yelled Cloud and the young women snapped out of her gaze and leaped out of the way of the snake’s path at the very last moment.

Sukie tumble over and turn around at the Zorm who pick up a whole clump of grass and dirt and quickly begins to swallows it. Sukie hastily begins to notices something shiny in the clump of dirt and examines the shinny item. She quickly realizes that it was one of the blades sticking out from the pile of dirt that the snake had in its mouth. Sukie looks down in front of her and see that she only has the blade with the handle on it.

"Damnit!” she said feeling stupid of what she had done, “I’ve must have dropped the other blade when I was leaping out of the way!”

Sukie watch in shock as the snake swallowed the dirt with the blade still in it. After the Zorm swallowed the clump of soil he glares down at Sukie and notices that he did not eat her.

"Damnit, what does it take to kill you!" shouted Sukie towards the snake.
The serpent just hissed at her as he looked down upon the young women.
"I will never die...not until I killed every human on this planet for murdering my brother," it said to her.

Sukie began to charge at the snake with the broken sword in her hands. The Zorm quickly slither towards her and began to open it large mouth again showing its enormous fangs at her. Sukie jumped into the air to dodge the Zorm but the snake saw this and quickly used his giant tailed to swipe her away from him. The young women flew to the left and slams her back down against the crumple cave where a spiked rock poke out from the rumble and pierce her through her left shoulder.

Sukie cried out in pain as warm blood began to drip from her shoulder and trickled down her arm. She quickly covers the wound by putting her right gloved hand on it and immediately feels a hard rock sticking out of her upper arm. Cloud rapidly discovers that Sukie is wounded and quickly jumps out of the wagon and hastily runs to her aid.

"Damnit!” said Cloud as he scolded and continues to run towards her, “Hold on Sukie!”

The snake was about to finished Sukie off when suddenly he stopped to smell the blood in the air that was coming from the young woman’s wound. The Zorm went into shock as he eyes went wide and small. He gazed over to Sukie and looked down at her with bewilder on its face.

"You...!" he said in shock "You...you did it!"

Sukie looked at the snake with puzzlement in her eyes as she wince in pain
"W...what...are you talking about?" she asked the snake clutching her wounded shoulder. The snake shut it eyes and remain silent for a moment

"That human scent…was all over my brother’s body when he died," the Zorm finally said. Sukie was still confuse

"I don't get it, what are you saying?" she asked the snake
The snake opens his eyes
"How can you not know, your the one who did it!"
Sukie just shook her head not understanding what was going on.
"Don't deny it! You have the same scent as the human who killed my brother and now you shall pay for what you did!"
“I haven’t done anything wrong!” said Sukie

“LIAR!” yelled the Zorm “For many years I have searched and scouted the whole entire land looking for the filthy creature who’d murder my brother and now that I’ve found you…YOU WILL DIE!”

The snake lowered its head towards Sukie and quickly goes after her. But there was no escape for her; she was corner and too much in pain to getaway. But luckily, Cloud, who was running towards Sukie (who notice that she was injured) quickly charge at the snake and stabbed it into it’s body with his giant sword. The snake screamed in pain and looked behind him to see who had pierced him. The serpent looked down to see the blonde hair man again.

"YOU!” said the snake “I'm tired of looking at you!"

The Zorm quickly charges towards the blonde man, but Cloud is too quick and immediately jumps into the air and turns his sword into seven different ones.

"Seven Blade Slash," he yells and quickly dashes to one sword to the other as he throws them down to different parts of the serpent’s body.

The snake feels the stinging pain of the different swords being thrown at him and slowly falls to the earth. The monster begins to bleed everywhere from its body but still finds the strength to continued on moving forward. Cloud jumps down from the sky and lands right in front of the snake, who see the human in front of him and mildly slithers towards him.

"Damnit, what does it take for you to stay down," said Cloud as realizes that his previous attack did not work and found himself weaponless. The Zorm speedily crawls over towards Cloud, ignoring the pain and blood lost it endure awhile ago by the assaults of the male human.

Clouds grit his teeth as he slowly begins to back away. The Zorm hastily inches his way towards the blonde, despite the many wounds on its body, the serpent still has enough speed to capture and devour the human male. Leaving Cloud cornered and defenseless from any attacks that might be a good use to him right about now. From behind the snake, Sukie watches in horror as the serpent slithers rapidly towards Cloud, which the blonde suddenly sees and quickly turns away from the snake and begins to run.

"Damnit! This snake just won't die!” thought Sukie as she watch Cloud being chase by the giant snake, “I have to think of something before he kills Cloud and the others. But what? I’m too much in pain to help out right now,”

Sukie tired her hardest to come up with something but the ache in her shoulder was too much to bear and couldn’t think of anything. Just when she though it was hopeless, Sukie heard the sound of something ringing near her. She turns to her left and sees the broken sword with the handle on it. It ranged like a bell and gleamed towards her as though it understood the situation she was in.

Sukie looks down at the sword before her and picks it up. The blade rings a majestic tune as though it was talking to her and telling her what the do. Sukie gazes down at the half broken sword and looks into her reflection, as she does she finally realizes what she must do. The young mechanic puts her hands onto the ruin cave behind her and pulls with all her strength so she could be free from the rocked spiked that was deeply pierced through her shoulder.

Severe pain ran through her body, as Sukie did her best to pull away from the jagged rock that stabbed through her upper arm. The mechanic slowly pulls away from the rock but finds it hard to draw her arm out anymore due to the rigorous torment in her shoulder. So with one last effort, the young women bits on her bottom lip and counts to three. When she finally counted down to the last number she summons of all her strength and forcefully pulls away from sharp rock with one quick tug and slowly falls to the ground on her hands and knees.

The young women breaths as she finally sees that she is free from rock spike and slowly gets up. As she does, she finds out painfully that the ache from the shoulder is still there. Sukie cover the wound with right and hand as she notices a bloody hold in her shirt with red ooze trickling down her chest and arm. But there was no time to treat the wound at the moment because just several feet away from her ran Cloud and the white giant snake fast behind him. Sukie quickly picked up the broken sword beside her and headed towards the pursue chaos.

At last, Cloud found himself corner behind the dead tree, with the skeleton snake on it, and with no more strength to run anymore. The living Zorm finally caught up to Cloud and pierce his large green eyes at him. The snake hissed in victory as his prey was finally trapped.

"Now you DIEE!" said the Zorm in triumph and quickly leaped towards Cloud.

The blonde only stood still as the snake swiftly came toward him with it large mouth widening. Cloud quickly turns his head away and dares not see what is to come next. But just as the serpent is about to swallows him, it suddenly stops in mid attack and gazes at Cloud with its mouth still fully open. The blonde slowly open his eyes when he realizes that nothing has happen to him.

“Am I dead?” he suddenly ask himself and wonders if he’d die quick and painless death. Cloud turns his head around to make sure whether he was dead or alive. But as he does…he quickly jumps back against the tree behind him and starts to panic.

Before him was the giant snake unmoving and not even making an attempt to consume Cloud. The blonde man was stun of what he was seeing and couldn’t believe with his eyes, then after a moment the snake slowly fell down to the earth as streams of red blood trickle down the sides of its face. Cloud looked up to see what had caused the bleeding.

There on top of the snake’s head stood Sukie, the young mechanic, towering over the Zorm in dominance as she pierce through the serpent’s skull with a broken blade that she held in her hands. Sukie pulled the broken sword out of the Zorm’s head and jumped back down to the ground. A great deal of blood poured from the snake's head and onto the soil below, making a huge puddle of red ooze on the earth. The young mechanic turns to the snake and watches it as the serpent still breathes but was now unable to move anymore. The snake laid there dying slowly but still had the strength to talk one last time. The snake looked at young women with anger still in his eyes and softly whisper to her in a hostile voice.

"There’s no...doubt...about...it," the snake said slowly "...you...are...the one...who...killed...my......bro.....ther............”

Soon after the Zorm had spoken, the snake slowly began to close its eyes and discontinue breathe. Cloud and Sukie sighed in relief as they finally were able to know that the snake was dead.

"What a relief," said Sukie as she sighed more
Cloud nodded
"Yeah, way to go Sukie," said Cloud as he suddenly smacked her on her left shoulder were her wound was.
"OWWWWWWWWWW!!!" Sukie scream in agony

Cloud toke his hand of her shoulder and the young women turn to look at the blonde with an annoyed look on her face.

"Opps, sorry," said Cloud
Sukie could still feel the pain from the smack on her shoulder
"No your not," she said to him cover up her shoulder
Just then a black chocobo and a women came running over to them
"Sukie!" shouted the women, as she went towards Sukie
Cloud and Sukie turn to the women, Sukie immediately began to wave to her.
"Hey Sarah, you don't have to worry anymore, the snake's dea..."
"FORGET ABOUT THE SNAKE!!" yelled Sarah

Sukie lowered her head and close one of her eyes as the women began to yell at her.

"YOU FOOLISH GIRL! YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO GO OUT INTO THE FEILD, WITHOUT KNOWING THAT THE SNAKE WAS DEAD FIRST, YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!!"

Sukie looked up to Sarah with sorry look on her face
"I'm...sorry," she said
Sarah just sighed and looked at Sukie and smiled at her
"It's alright," said Sarah as she forgave the young mechanic "Just be a little more careful next time, okay?"
Sukie nodded and gave the women a thumbs up

"Right! Ow!" Sukie could feel the pain from her shoulder and cover it up with her right hand. Sarah looked worried as she saw red blood coming for her shoulder.

"Sukie, your bleeding," Said Sarah as she pointed to Sukie’s wound
Sukie quinch her eyes in pain as she clutch the wound
"Yeah, I know,"
Sarah looked at her still full of worry
"With that wound on your shoulder there’s no way, you can ride Dasher,"
Sukie looked at her
"Don't worry, I can manage"
Sarah just shook her head
"No, I don't won't you to strain yourself, I’ll ride Dasher, while you get in the wagon,"
Sukie looked to her
"Are you sure?"
Sarah nodded
"Yes, now let's get you into the wagon,"

Sarah help the young women get into the wagon as Cloud followed behind her.
As soon as Cloud and Sukie enter the wagon, Rick, the shop owner, finally woke up and rubbed his head.

"Hey, what happen?" he said looking around him
Everyone turns to Rick
"Rick!" yelled Sarah as she quickly went to hug her husband "Oh honey, your ok!"
Rick hugged her back
"Yeah, just go bump on my head that's all,"
Sarah started to have tears in her eyes
"That's good to hear" she said wipping away her tears
Rick looked to everyone
"So what happen?"
Cloud began to sit down on the wagon
"Nothing really, Sukie killed the snake and that's about all,"
Rick went into shock
"What!?"
Sukie nodded

"It's true, I killed that overgrown leather with my own hands" Sukie pointed toward the snake, where it laid dead on the ground. Rick went to the side of the wagon and saw the snake lying there deceased.

"Aww man," said Rick with a sad look on his face "I wanted to kill the snake,"
Sukie sat down on the wagon and patted Rick on the back
"Don't worry Rick," she said "There will always be other battles,"

Rick sat there depressed and nodded his head. Sarah got off the wagon and went to Dasher

"Okay Dasher, it's time to go back to the store,"

Dasher nodded his head and lowered his body so Sarah could get on his back
Sarah then turn to the three people that were in the wagon

"Okay is everyone ready?"
Everyone nodded their heads
"Alright let's go,"

Dasher immediately hears Sarah say go and the giant bird quickly begins to turn around and trots back to the store.

Back at the store, a little girl named Susie, sat down by a window seal and waited patiently for everyone to come back. Tears streaked down her eyes, as she began to worry for the safety of her mother

"Mommy..." she said sniffing to herself “I hope that you’re okay,"

Then from outside, the sound of a wagon creaking could be heard coming from the window. Susie quickly got up and peeked out through the window. There with wide eyes on her face, was her mother getting off of chocobo while everyone else getting off of the wagon behind the giant bird. Susie goes into surprise and quickly opens the door and quickly dashes outside to her mother.

"MOMMMY!" yelled the little girl as she quickly jumps into her mother's arm and holds her tight.
Sarah holds her daughter close to her and hugs her deeply
"Susie, you must have been very worried,"
Susie nodded as she began to let tears run down her face

"I was so scared, that you were going to be eaten, mommy, so I came back and told daddy what had happen to you,"

Sarah begins to stroke her daughter’s hair and smiles at her

"And I’m very proud of you for doing that, you were very brave to go off on you own and tell daddy of what happen to me, thanks to you I’m safe now,"

Susie smile and embraces her mother
"I'm glad that your okay, mommy"
Sarah smiled and picks her up and turns to Sukie
"Come inside Sukie, we need to take care of that wound of yours,"

Sukie covers her shoulder and just grin as her as Sarah goes inside the store
Rick laughs knowing that Sukie was going to get a painful treatment from her.

"Oh man, Sukie, do I feel sorry for you," he snickered

Just then, Sarah pops her head out the door and glares at Rick

"And just what are you laughing at dear? I'm going to have to check that bump on you head and it's going to be very painful then Sukie's wound"

Rick shut his mouth and gawks at his wife

"But, but, honey, I don't need a treatment, I feel alright," he says as he tries to console her

Sarah just shakes her
"The last thing I need, is for you to collapse during your work shift,"
"But..."
"No buts"
Sarah puts Susie down and lean towards her
"Susie, sweetie, can you run down to the bathroom and get the first aid kit?"
Susie nodded and gave a thumps up to her
"Okay, mommy" she said and quickly run to the bathroom

While Susie goes to get the first aid kit, Sarah turns to the others who look batten and bruised

"While were waiting for Susie to return with the first aid kit, I would like everyone to go to the back room please,"

Everyone nodded theirs head as they did what they were told and went to the back room that was insider the shop. After an hour, everybody in the room had their wounds check and treated. Rick made most of the fuss since he was getting the painful treatment from Sarah, for making fun of Sukie’s wounds. But luckily no one was fatally wounded and with a clear bill of health from Sarah everyone was able to go on their own ways. Sukie and Cloud stood by the door as they looked up to the small family that they save.

"Thanks you so much for everything," said Sarah
Sukie put her hands behind her head and smile at her

"Oh shucks, it was no problem at, we were more than happy to help you, weren't we Cloud?"

Cloud nods he head smiles. Just then Rick suddenly looks around.
"Hey, where's my sword, I just notice that it was gone"

"Oh..." said Sukie as she went outside to the wagon and then went inside to bring a broken sword out. Rick looked at the blade in shock and saw that the sword was broken.

"W...what happen to it!?"
Sukie looked to him

"Well...after you charge at the snake and tried to attack it, it caught the sword in it's mouth and flung you off...,"

Ricked closes his eyes as he remembers that happening
"Oh...Yeah I remember that,"
"Anyways, after you fell on the ground and lay there, like a rag doll..."
"Sheesh…Sukie, do you have to make it so detailing?"
Sukie just kept on continuing

"...the snake broke the sword in half and swallowed one of the pieces, so...here your sword back,"

Sukie handed the broken sword to Rick
"Oh...thanks" said Rick with tears in his eyes “You…shouldn’t have…”

"Your welcome,” said Sukie with a smile on her face “I hope that you can fix it again,"

Rick just look at her
"I don't think I can," he said
"Why?" said Sukie
"Be...cause...I don't have steel to repair it,"
Susie looked to her father
"But daddy, there's plenty of steel…”
Rick quickly finishes her sentence

"In Kalm! Yeah I was there last week and saw a black smith fixing swords, maybe you should go to his place and ask him if he can repaired the sword,"

Rick gave back Sukie the sword and looked at her with a smile on his face. The young women just gaze at him with a raised eyebrow.

“And…what wrong with you not taking it to him?” said Sukie giving Rick back the sword

“I’m…far too busy running the shop, I…don’t have time to take it to the black smith; could you please take it for me?”

Sukie just looked at him with an unsure look on her face.
“Please,” said Rick sounding desperate
Sukie sighed
"Fine, I will take it to the black smith and when he's done repairing it, I'll bring it back to you,"
Rick looked at her in a questioning look
"Why?" he ask

"Because I don't have any means necessary for a sword. I fight better with my fist anyways and besides you need it more than I do,"

Rick was silent for a moment
"Fine, I'll take it back, but only when it's repaired got it,"
Sukie nodded

"Alright then it's a deal," she gave Rick a thumb up and turns to Cloud "Let's go, Cloud,"

Sukie and Cloud made their way outside. The young mechanic put the broken sword and a bag full of engine wire into the duffle bag and set it in the wagon. Cloud and Sukie wave to the family as they prepared for their leave.

"Don't worry Rick, I'll have you sword ready in no time,"
Rick wave back to her
"When you find the sword smith, tell him that Rick send you and put it on my tab,"
Sukie nodded
"Will do, Goodbye,"
Sukie made her way to Dasher but Cloud quickly turn to her as he wanted to ask her something.
”Hey Sukie, do you think I can ride Dasher back to Kalm?"
Sukie looked at him and started to laugh
"What's so funny?" he said
"I told you before, Dasher doesn't let nobody else on his back beside me,"
"But, Sarah rode on his back," said Cloud
"That's because Sarah a vet,"
"A vet?" he asked

"Yeah, a vet, you see one year ago, Dasher accidentally broke his left leg by falling into a hole in the ground, I went to Sarah and she gladly fixed his leg and then after a month Dasher was back on his feet ready to run on the grassy plains again. He was so happy and ever since the he trusted her with his life,"

"Oh I see..." says Cloud as he raised a eyebrow at the chocobo "Dasher won't let anybody on his back that he doesn't trust,"

Sukie nodded her head

"Yeah, that's basically the whole story, so are you ready to get in the wagon?” she said, pointing to the back

Cloud looked at Dasher
"It seems that I have no other choice do I?"

Dasher just chirped at him as Cloud went to the back of the chocobo. The feeling of humiliated was still there as the blonde was forece to sit in the wagon again. Sukie got on Dasher's back and turn around to wave at the small family again, who were all standing by the door.

"Bye see you all really soon," she said

The family raises their hands and waves back to her. Sukie pulls on Dasher’s leash and the black chocobo turn around and begins to trots back to the grassy plains. Rick begins to sigh happily as soon as Sukie was gone. Susie looks up to her father and ponders at him.

"Daddy, you know that there was plenty of steel down in the basement, you could have fixed the sword yourself,"

Rick looks down and puts his hand on his daughter’s head.

"Yeah but it's better to let Sukie ask the smith to do it for me and besides it toke me a whole week just to repair that sword,"

Sarah glares at her husband

"What are you talking about dear? You just wanted to get rid of the sword because it was making an eerie sound that you couldn’t stand,”

Rick went silent for a moment

“Y'know that she gonna kill you when she founds out that you really gave her the sword and that the sword smith in Kalm retired many years ago,”

Rick’s eyes widen as he began to gulp down in fear. Sarah just sighed and put a hand on her head.

"You truly are clueless, sometimes dear," Sarah turns around as begins to walk inside the store "C'on on Susie, it’s almost noon, you can help me prepare lunch,”

Susie nodded and quickly follows her mother
"Okay mommy"

Rick stays outside the shop as his mouth suddenly falls wide open and the look of fear spread across his face as he imagines what might happen to him when Sukie figures out that she was really haggle into taking the sword.

Cloud and Sukie finally made their way back to Kalm and the groups were back at the auto shop. Sukie got off of Dasher and stretched her arms out.

"Ahhhh...What an adventure," she said stretching more of her body out
Cloud got off the wagon and cracked his neck

"Yep, it sure was," he said and walked up to the young women "Now about my bike...?"

Sukie turn to him
"Oh yes...just let me get the wagon off of Dasher,"

Sukie went to Dasher and detached the wagon and remove the brace and leash from his face

"Okay, boy you can go back to the ranch now, the caretakers are probably serving lunch right about now,"

Dasher licked his beak and headed towards the ranch as fast as he could, Sukie laugh as Dasher ran to the ranch eagerly to get his lunch. Sukie turns to Cloud and leads him into the garage.

"Okay let's get your bike fixed," she said getting her supplies from the wagon
Cloud nodded and they both enter the auto shop

"Mina, I'm back, you’re not going to believe what just happen!" Sukie looked around for her but was nowhere to be found "Mina...?"

Sukie went up to her desk and saw a note on the counter and read it out loud.

Went home for lunch, see you there, the guys are not back yet,
Mina

"Out to lunch, huh?" said Sukie as she finished the note "okay, I’ll join her later,"
She turns to Cloud and points to the garage
"Let go into the garage and fixed your bike,"
Cloud nods and the young women and him went into the shop

"Wow! I can't believe of what happen today, I just can't wait to tell Mina and the others guys as well, they’re not gonna believe it!,"

Cloud looked at the young women in confusion
"Uhhh...others...?"
Sukie turns to him and puts a hand to her head

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, I'm not the only one who works her, y'know," she says as she puts her bag on a table

"Really?" says Cloud "I thought you were the only mechanic here in Kalm"

"Well...not really," says Sukie "You see...I'm the head mechanic here but I've got two other guys that help me run my shop, I thought if I had couple of guys here maybe my business could bring in some more customers,"

"So did it work out?" say the blonde
Sukie went to Cloud's bike and shakes her head in displease

"No...the fact still being that I’m a girl and that I'm head mechanic of the shop just made business more vacant then it already is,"

Cloud lower his head
"Oh...sorry,"
Sukie just smiled
"It's alright, the people here will know of my work soon enough,"
Cloud smile and looked around the shop
"Uh...so where are these two other guys of yours,"
Sukie looked at the engine and took out the burnt wired

"They’re...out doing errands for me, but they'll be back this afternoon," Sukie turns to Cloud and points to the table "Cloud, pass me my bag,"

Cloud went to the table and gave her the duffle bag

"Thanks" she opens up the bag and got the rolled of wire engine and pulled out the broken sword and looked at it "I've got to get this fix right after lunch," she says and puts the sword down on the floor and goes to get a pair of wire cutters from a drawer behind her and starts snipping a length of wire from the roll.

Cloud just stared down at the broken sword and looked at it with concern
"Sukie are your really going to fix this sword?" he says pointing at it
Sukie nodded

"Of course and once it's fixed I’m gonna give it back to Rick, I have no use for a sword anyways,"
Cloud just stared at it
"Okay," he said and just let it be

Sukie then stopped what she was doing and turned to Cloud

"It's strange though," she said as cloud looked to her “During the fight with the gaint snake, I heard that sword calling to me,"

Cloud look to her with confusion
"Calling to you...?"

"Yeah," she said "It made a ringing sound to me as though it wanted me to pick it up, strange…huh?"

Cloud curled his hand to his lips and ponders about this. Sukie continue on her work and put the new wire in, after she place it in the engine the young woman stands up and turns to Cloud.

"Okay all finish," she said, clapping her hands together
Cloud snapped out of his thoughts and looked to Sukie
"Really? Wow, that was fast,"
Sukie put her thumb and index fingers together and wink at him
"Of course, am I the greatest mechanic, y'know,"
Cloud smiled

"Yes," he said and quickly got on his bike and turns it on. The engine roared nicely and the blonde turn his head towards Sukie "Thank you, Sukie, my bike sounds better than ever! Do I owe you anything?”

Sukie just shook her head and looked at him

"Your welcome and you don't owe me anything at all, after you help me defeat that snake, I’ll let you go free of charge,"

Cloud smiled
"Wow, thanks, that’s very kind of you,”
Sukie smile and gave him a thumbs up

"No problem, if you’re ever in town again stop by and I'll give you an oil change,"
Cloud nodded

"Thanks, I better go it was a pleasure meeting you Sukie,” Cloud stretches out his hand to shakes Sukie’s. The young mechanic stretches out her hand to do the same

"You too," she says
“Take care of yourself,” says Cloud
Sukie nods
“Ditto,”

Cloud smiles at the young women before him and turns to position himself on his bike. He puts his dark sunglasses over his eyes and waves to her. He pulls back the handles on the bike and speeds away. Sukie waves to him as Cloud leaves the shop and heads out of town.

"Bye Cloud, come again," she waves at him till he is no longer in sight and looks up to the sky and sighs "Today was a great day, now it's time for lunch,"

The young mechanic goes back inside the shop and begins to lock up for lunch.
She heads outside the shop and locks the door behind her. Once everything is secured she walks away from the building and heads towards home. At the front entrance of the Kalm, stood two men wearing black suits. A look of satisfaction was spread across their faces as they looked towards the expanding community before them.

"So, this is where she lives," said one of the men with long red hair that was wearing a low ponytail

"Yep," said the other man who had no hair and wore dark sunglasses on his face, "According to the president, this is where she was born and grew up at ever since she was a small child,"

"Really," said the red head man, "Well…let’s not waste anymore time and find her already,"

The bald man nodded and the two men headed into the town and made their way into the neighborhood and disappeared in the crowd around them.

Rika17

Thank you, all will be reveal soon, I'm writing the 3rd chapter as we speak, i'll place it up as soon as i can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back