• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy 13: Reign of the fal'Cie (RP)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
PulseCocoon.jpg

Thirteen centuries ago, a fal'Cie, preternatural being formed by the crystal residing inside it, created a floating, utopian city in the atmosphere of a planet known as Pulse. The fal'Cie willed that the city be completely isolated from the crude and brutal wilderness below, and commissioned machines to be the guardians of the citizens. Barriers were subsequently set up all around the city, and as such was the metropolis granted its befitting name: Cocoon.

Having lived secluded from the outside world for many years, the citizens of Cocoon are now becoming anxious of what Pulse really holds. Recent contact with those from the world below has caused people to question one another and their ways of life. To keep things in check, the Holy Government ‘gets rid of’ those who question Cocoon’s way of life and have become ‘polluted’ with the world below, Pulse.

Now

Although world is full of fal’Cie, around thousands, there are two that counter each others actions. The fal’Cie of Cocoon see’s the below world as hazardous to it’s people and have chosen a select few from it’s world to become l'Cie. Cocoon’s I’Cie have been given the Focus to find the fal’Cie in Pulse(In Kouken) and liberate it of it’s crystal, so that it can’t create I’Cie of it’s own and cease to exist.

The fal’Cie of Kouken(Which is a city on Pulse) has come to dislike the technology and lazy way of life that the fal’Cie of Cocoon has created. It wishes to get rid of Cocoon by destroying its fal”Cie and therefore causing Cocoon to fall from the sky. It has chosen its own I’Cie to do the Focus of bringing down Cocoon.

The Holy Government sees all I’Cie as threats to the Human race. They seek to destroy all I’Cie from Pulse and Cocoon. They believe that all I’Cie have too much power and could possibly take over and become corrupted with the power of the gods.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shingo walked out of an old building. It hadnt been used for decades. The nights sky was bright with many stars and the moonlight. But most of all it was shining from Cocoon. Cocoon's light shone brighter than the stars.

The night was silent. The sound of crickets and the creeking of the buildings was the only sound.

"The City of the Lost sure is a dreadful place."

A loud beeping noise started. Shingo pulled out a circlar divice. A hologram shown from it. It was a young woman about Shingo's age.

"Commander, we have located more l'Cie within Cocoon. I have sent troops to their location."

"Good job Seera, also I need you to handle the recent Infected we captured."

"Yes, sir."

"I'm on my way."

Shingo walked into a small Airship. It was just big enough for him to get in.

Seera was silent. Shingo knew she wanted to ask something.

"What is it Seera?"

"Well...sir...I just wanted to know where you were?"

Shingo turned on the Airship. The door closed and the ship started to lift off the ground.

"It's my business."

Shingo turned off the hologram. He looked out the window as the airship flew toward Cocoon.

"All of this better be worth it." he said to himself.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Falcion walked the cobblestone streets of coccoon's Housing section. He was holding a small disk with a distinctive red button that said: 'play' "Oh well might as well." he said bored. He pressed the button and a small hologram of a young woman appeared. "Congradulations young man, you are now an I'Cie. Please report your name and to the gate of the holy government section." "Well I'll be. I never thought I'd make it." He summoned his Eliodon Odin and his horse appeared. He hopped on it's back and rode to the gate. There was a scanner in front of the door and when he walked up to it, the device said: "State name, Occupation and place your hand on the scanner below the microphone."
"Uhhh...Falcion Brom Blackstone, I'Cie." And he placed his hand on the scanner. "Identity confermed. Please step through." The large gates swung open slowly and revealed a path of crystal. He walked on it and he could see himself in it. "Wow!" He said with a gasp. A girl that matched the description of the girl in the hologram walked down toward him. "Welcome Falcion. Follow me." She turned around and he started following her. "The main job as an I'Cie, Or 'Focus' is to find the Fal'Cie of Kouken and destroy it. But we can't risk going down and beyond the Crytalinne lake. your first job as an I'Cie is to go down to Crytalinne lake and survey the forest around it." But I wonder if I was chosen by the Fal'Cie of Kouken to destroy the Fal'Cie of Cocoon, not the other way around. "Now it is time for you to meet the reason why you are here. The Fal'Cie of Cocoon."

They walked into the mind hall:The hall of the Fal'Cie. It was deep in the core of cocoon. Falcion was tired after taking the stairs down and it was the only way down. They approached the great crystal. It was of a bright blue hue whose light lit up the entire hall in the darkness of the core.
The Crystal peered in his mind and spoke:

Hello Falcion, the chosen

Oh hello great crystal.

I chose you over the other candidates because you had the strongest heart, now I hope you will use that heart to discover things about the Fal'Cie of Kouken, My Relative.

I will do my best Great crystal.

Now Falcion, I see that you wonder about your past. I promise you as soon as your heart is strong enough to handle it I shall explain to you about how you became a I'Cie at such a young age. Now go and fufill your duties as an I'cie... Good luck.

Thank you...Great crystal.

Next the girl and Falcion left and on the way back up she explained his duties as an I'Cie, next she explained that the Crystal will call our minds when it is time to charge on the city of Kouken, and when it summons that particular person.
That night at home he thought about what had happened and wondered.

tdc456

This part of Cocoon always felt so empty at this time of day. Aero strolled along the street. His hands resting in his pockets like always. He passed an old rickety fence after passing some trees. He noticed the sing on the fence. Oh, crap. He dove into a nearby alley and began creeping his way in between buildings. It took him almost 5 minutes to get where he was meant to be.

An open courtyard awaited him. It seemed remotely empty. I hope nobody from Holy saw me. I really don't need to get taken away right now. Across the courtyard sat a lonely tree. He approached and discovered a strange symbol on the side. Aero was about to walk away when the tree began to glow and speak to him.

"Are you Aero?"

"Holy crap!! That's a little surprising. Yeah, that's me. Who are you?"

"I'm am your fal'Cie. Now are you ready to here what your Focus is?"

"Lay it on me, man."

"There is man you must find for me. He is also a fal'Cie from what I hear. You must get rid of him for me. Can you do that?"

"All depends... where is this man?"

"Last I heard, he was somewhere near Kouken."

"Holy crap, that's quite a ways away." From one branch grew a photo. It seemed to be very old. The man in the picture appeared to be very old as well. Aero smiled and nodded. He summoned his Eidolon, Shiva. They transformed into a motorcycle. He took his seat. Gave the tree one last nod and took off. I'm heading to Pulse? Things are gonna get interesting.

Last edited:

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
The airship landed on the docking bay. Shingo walked out. Soldiers lined up and greeted him as he walked between them. It was as if he was king of the world or something. The soldiers saluted as he passed. Up ahead he could see Seera at the end of the line waiting for him.

"So you're back from where ever you went."

Shingo walked up and hugged her. She kissed him.

"Why dont you ever tell me where you're going?"

"It's nowhere important. Just missions that the Higher Ups in the Holy Government send me to."

Seera could tell that he was lieing.

"Whatever, you've changed recently. You're not the same as you was when we started dating."

Shingo's face turned red.

"I'm sorry...it...it's just something. I had to fly over Pulse to gather information." Shingo lied.

"That's dangerous. If something happened you could have became Infected."

Shingo ignored her.

They both walked with 4 guards through Section 4 of Cocoon. They walked past the Restricted Section. The soldiers gaurding that Section saluted Shingo as he passed. Seera handed Shingo a list.

"The Restricted Section is the only place where citizens of Cocoon know where to get to Pulse and the Holy Gov. has a hidden spot where only I and a few soldiers know. So where are all these people getting Infected at?"

"I have no clue but that list are recent one's we've found. But here is a list of l'Cie we've located. There's only two names so far but that's good enough."

Seera passed him another list. They kept walking.

"Ok. Send a squad of soldiers to collect the Infected. I'll handle the l'Cie."

"Ok, very well."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Why...?

Near the tip of the lake, a girl was sitting on its shore whilst hugging her knees. Her very long, blonde hair rested and curled on the pebbles around her, only a slight breeze and her movements moving her hair. She wore a long, blue and white dress that hugged her curves, and at the moment was barefoot with her sandals not too far. Her amber eyes gazed at the lake's surface, her mind to her meeting with the fal'Cie yesterday;

Find my other. Destroy it...

I don't understand. She thought to herself, closing her eyes. How could I possibly do such a thing...?

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
He walked through the entrance and into the room of the meeting. A robot dropped from the ceiling saying, "Show your mark of recognition." Jinan took his shirt off and revealed his tattoo. The door in front of him opened, showing a flight of stairs. Once he reached the end of the steps he saw a dull shell. It spoke to him saying. "Turn around faithful, I'Cie. You know the procedure of meeting with a fal'Cie face to face" Following the procedure he turned around and the shell awakened. Unable to see what it looked like it showed him his mission. On the wall that used to be a flight of stairs. The mission read.

"If you wish to find the future then you must first seek the past. Find your hidden allies and for sure your life will last. Hunt down your opposing cousins and show them your strength. Then take down my brothers, then you shall be raised in rank."

"So you give me my mission in a riddle this time. Well I'm ready. D o I have to solve it myself or are you going to give me hints like you did last time?" The shell deactivated, the stairs reappeared and Jinan left the building. Thinking to himself. I'll have to start with the first part.Find my hidden allies... I guess those would be people like me, but it also told me to hunt down my opposing cousins. I guess the cocoon has I'Cie as well. First thing i have to do is find people that are I'Cie and live on Platoon. Those should be my hidden allies. Hmmm, maybe i should attract them to me by causing some trouble here in Kouken. He then says out loud, "That's a perfect idea!!!" He shot a huge fire spell towards an empty building that was being built, and stood in front of it. He then waited for his "hidden allies" to show up.

~Sacred Fox~

I'll get back to you when I figure it out..
Sable exhaled a long sigh as she stood outside her village. It seemed a minute ago she was perfectly contented with her life. Now everything was collapsing on top of itself. She turned her head to the little village. It was only a moment ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sable, you're back." her mother exclaimed as she embraced her daughter. "Come on, you can tell us everything in the room." Her mother took one of Sable's hand, leading her to a room with a tall, burly man with a tanned complexion. The woman sat down and patted to a spot for Sable right next to her, which she accepted.

"So how was the meeting with the fal'Cie?", asked her father.

Sable lowered her head, staring at her fingers, intertwined with each other. I have to tell them. She slowly raised her head, looking at the faces of her parents. "Well, I have been chosen to be a l'Cie."

There was a moment of silence before her father rose up to speak. " Then why are you doing her?" Sable and her exchanged looks of confusion. She stood up and inquired. "Is that all you're going to say? Aren't you going to stop me?"

Her father closed his eyes. "I can't do a thing no matter how much I disapprove of this. You have been chosen by the fal'Cie and must go along with what the crystal has destined you with." His eyes opened, features filled with seriousness. "You know what happens if I stop you."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or I'll become one of them. Sable shuddered as she turned her head away from her home. I must not lose sight of my Focus. Adjusting her belt, she proceeded forward on her journey, not looking back.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Shingo walked forward silently. He was in Cocoon Section 4. He was accompanied by 3 Holy Gov. soldiers. They too followed behind Shingo silently. Shingo gave them the signal to stop moving. He saw someone ahead.

So, there the l'Cie is?

Near the tip of the lake, a girl was sitting on its shore whilst hugging her knees.

I have to confirm that she has the marking of a l'Cie.

Shingo gave the signal. The soldiers ran forward and surrounded the girl. Shingo walked up to her.

"You," he pointed at her "l'Cie are under arrest."

Raxaon

After dinner, Deumion walked out of his house and told his mom that he would be out for a while. As he walked out the door, he put his gloves on and walked down the street.

I wonder where Aero went, he didn't even show up for dinner, thought Deuion as he was walking down the streets in Section 1 of Cocoon. Well it must have been pretty important because mom made his favorite.

As he was walking down the street a small glowing light wizzed over his head and landed on a post not too far from him. As he got near the glowing light, his tattoo started to glow brighter and brighter. As he got closer to the strange light, he could see that it was actually an elegant bird made of bright white, glowing energy.

Nice bird, thought Deumion as he walked past it. All of a sudden his hand started burning where the tattoo was. And, the farther away he got from the bird, the more it burned. He then heard a female voice calling him in his head.

"Who's there?" Asked Deumoin into the empty street.

"It is I," said the bird, while it glowed brighter to get Deumion's attention.

"What the.....the bird? Who...I mean what are you?" asked Deumion.

"I am your Fal'cie and I have come to give your your focus."

"My focus?"

"Yes you must travel to the capital of Pulse, Kouken, and destroy their Fal'cie."

"Umm and how and I supposed to get there? I don't even know how to get out of Cocoon"

"Use your Eidolon, it shall know the way."

"Ok, well i guess i have no choice since i don't need to become a corpse"

Just as Deumoin summoned his Eidolon, Phoenix, in its Hover board form, the Fal'cie flew off and vanished. Deumion then got on the board and let the board guide him to where the exit of Cocoon was.

Last edited:

tdc456

The buildings flew by like blurs. The wheels underneath Aero were spinning at maximum capacity. He needed to catch an air ship out of Cocoon quick. He felt bad about leaving his home behind without so much as a word to his mom. It had to be done to find his dad.

Aero turned his motorcycle into an alley nearby and dimissed his Eidolon. He worked his way between buildings until he was sitting behind a pile of boxes. He watched the docking station closely. I need an opening. Somehow I'm getting on that ship. Nearby, two Holy guards were standing and talking just outside of the door.

"It seems one of our Commanders has just confronted a l'Cie out in Pulse."

"Really? Let's hope they can apprehend it quickly."

"The call came in only minutes ago so we still might be able to join in."

The two guards entered the air ship and vanished while continuing their conversation. Aero waited for more people to show up. Maybe he could hide in the crowd and sneak on without being seen.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
No one? Oh well... The firemen of this town had put the fire out and he left. So i guess it's going to be alot harder to do this mission. He pondered about the order of how he was going to do his mission. She said to find them and for sure my life will last but that doesn't mean that my life won't last if i don't find them. "Ha!" He screamed out loud. So i need to get inside of Cocoon that's not hard... I guess i need to go to the elevator. He looked at the map of Pulse and noticed that the elevator was all the way in Crystalline Lake. Hmm... I can get three in a few hours. but it will require me to rest at the city of... Paloom! He was from Paloom so getting there safely was not a problem. He actually knew a short cut that he could take through The city of Altor. This is great now all i need is a mode of transportation. He needed to find a salamand entite. It would be the key to his short cut.

He ran to the city of altor and then took a snack break. While jumping from building to building in the City of Alto he spotted a great shin in the woods across from the border. That's it! He sprinted to the monster to find that the salamand entite wasn't the only one the Sylphi and Storm Entite were there as well. He Absorbed the Salamand Entite as planned and then he used the new found power from within the Entite to teleport to his house in Paloom. This entite was strong he had lots of power left over from it. As he went down the steps he heard his mom calling, "Jinan come and get your dinner before you go off to cocoon!" Jinan went down stairs and grabbed his dinner.

His mom could see the near future and she foresaw his arrival and the fact that he had to go to Cocoon was already known as well. "Bye son... Take care of yourself. There will be 45 guards in total and twelve will be in the front. Go get'em sweety." Jinan waved at his mom on his way out. He used the rest of his power to jump to the Crystalline lake. Now the power of the entite was all used up he. He went to the elevator and started to take it to section 4.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
8...no 10...yep, that makes'em 10

The Azure cloak flapped and whirled in the wind, enveloping the slight frame of it's owner who stood a top the tallest of buildings. Though the full moon shone majestically this night, it's brilliant silver rays couldn't reach the face of the silent figure beneath the darkness of it's hood. You might be wondering who could that be? but now, it matters not. What matters is what's waiting for it behind those many walls and barriers, what stands at the very end waiting to be met, The One and the Only place that must be reached.

There was no place for mistakes, no second chances, no other way...Not now, Not here. Success and Failure stood alike clearer than ever in this particular night but nothing in between and surely not failure. It was intolerable, not when your own life depends on it. Her Fate stands at the end of tonight's road and only her choices shall lead her there; either Salvation or...Something much worse than death. She only hoped it won't be the later.

"This is it...I guess." She took a long deep breath embracing herself for what's to come. She was scared, she can't deny that but Alice was not a one to give in for her fears. She'd prefer fighting them instead of letting her weaknesses take over her. Another Deep breath exhaled. Well she can't let her feelings interfere now, wiping away all unnecessary thoughts, her goal will stand crystal clear.

Slowly she took a couple of steps backward appearing as if she was counting them with caution. Somewhere beneath the thick black texture of her arm band the tattoo mark illuminated as a black plain staff materialized with in her grasp. She had summoned her Edilion, Bahamut in it's weapon form, The Sun Shard. Then all of a sudden faster than the raging wind it self, she was running, her brilliant orbs fixated onto the building ahead and with one great leap she jumped off the edge landing with a muted thud on the roof. The guards who where momentarily startled by the sudden appearance of the intruder quickly charged at her. Merely dodging the first's attack, Alice swiftly kicked him in the gut and threw a swing of her staff to the back of his head knocking him down cold. The rest of the guards started to open fire on her while two others were reporting of the intrusion. well I never thought t'was going to be easy. What will happen next?

Raxaon

Deumion let phoenix lead him through Pulse since he had to knowing of how to get out. All of a sudden he hears a motorcycle in the distance. He dismissed it for a while, until he noticed that it got louder and louder as he let Phoenix be on "auto-pilot." When he rounded a corner, he finally saw that it was his brother, Aero, riding the motorcycle.

Hmmm I wonder what Aero is up to, thought Deumion as he followed him down into an alley.

Deumion then dismissed Phoenix and slowly crept up on Aero like a ninja. Deumion then snuck up right behind Aero and tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, why are we hiding?" asked deumion to just bug Aero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back