• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Episode Difficulty?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youniquee

Awards
So I finally got all Xehanort reports..and the game popped up saying I needed to create a final episode file. So I did. But the Difficulty mode is Standard instead of Proud :\
Does anyone know why and if there's a way to change it?
Thanks~
EDIT: I did Ventus on standard, Aqua on standard but Terra on Proud. <- Extra info.

Youniquee

Awards
Did you finish the game with terra when the game popped out or with anyone else?
I kinda finished with Ventus (I went to get the last report)
@Smile Oh I see...Hmm, what if i delete this file, and complete it with Terra, will the game pop up with the 'Save for final episode' thing again?
I won't delete it until i'm 100& sure..

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Then you won't get the final episode because it'll think you didn't finish with Aqua.
You have to start a new game on a harder difficulty if you want to get a harder difficulty on that chapter - at least Aqua, if not also Ven.

Youniquee

Awards
=_= Damn. I guess it's standard for me ;_; but not the same thrill and challenge, y'know?
If I did decide to delete it, I don't think it'll make me redo Ventus. Only Aqua I guess.
Sad Sad times.
Thanks anyway..

khobssed

Website
www.google.com
I kinda finished with Ventus (I went to get the last report)
@Smile Oh I see...Hmm, what if i delete this file, and complete it with Terra, will the game pop up with the 'Save for final episode' thing again?
I won't delete it until i'm 100& sure..
Try beating again the final boss in terra's file

Youniquee

Awards
Try beating again the final boss in terra's file
OH LAWD FDJFBDKFB not terranort again. I don't even. Wanna go. back there.
But if i do try do that, I wanna be sure it works...(that boss is hell) are you sure? ;o

Youniquee

Awards
Get a good Shotlock (I suggest Lighting Ray or whatever it's called. Something to throw you across the field), Once More and Second Chance.
Gluck.
A lot of luck will be needed. I hope I press Geo impact accidently again and beat him.
Is it possible to have 2 final episode saves, or will this error the game?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
For Terranort, "Counter Hammer's" your best friend. Just bring some Cure spells, Counter Hammer, and some luck, and it'll be a barely-bearable battl. (Try sayin' that three times fast!)

Shotlocks don't work on him. He uses that invincible Dark-Dash-thing when you fire one. Usfull for getting out of that Meteor attack of his, though.

Also, be sure to be aggressive. If he's less than two HP Gauges down and your playing turtle, all he'll do is heal himself up. It's better for him to be attacking you instead of healing himself.

For Aqua, you still have to be aggressive, but remember to spam Magic instead of relying on Counter techniques. Aqua gets little to NO defensive abilities. (Then again, a 360 Degree Reflecting Guard is pretty much the best defense for her. O_O)

----------------------
I'm... not really sure. I think they look at the clear files from the three scenarios and then just save whatever data they need individually.

They do. Having two Final saves changes nothing. All it'll do is clon tha data from the first Final Episode save for your next plythrough.

As far as the files go, I re-did all of the files on Proud Mode, then completed the Final Episode on Standard (It forced me) and I got the Secret Movie. (Then again, I had finsihed all four episodes on Standard prior) I dunno if if was just luck, a game glitch, or what....

If worse comes to worse, keep your Standard files, complete the stories again on Proud, (Make them seperate from your Standards!) and then complete the Final Episode again. It worked for me.

Last edited:

Youniquee

Awards
For Terranort, "Counter Hammer's" your best friend. Just bring some Cure spells, Counter Hammer, and some luck, and it'll be a barely-bearable battl. (Try sayin' that three times fast!)

Shotlocks don't work on him. He uses that invincible Dark-Dash-thing when you fire one. Usfull for getting out of that Meteor attack of his, though.

Also, be sure to be aggressive. If he's less than two HP Gauges down and your playing turtle, all he'll do is heal himself up. It's better for him to be attacking you instead of healing himself.

For Aqua, you still have to be aggressive, but remember to spam Magic instead of relying on Counter techniques. Aqua gets little to NO defensive abilities. (Then again, a 360 Degree Reflecting Guard is pretty much the best defense for her. O_O)

----------------------

They do. Having two Final saves changes nothing. All it'll do is clon tha data from the first Final Episode save for your next plythrough.

As far as the files go, I re-did all of the files on Proud Mode, then completed the Final Episode on Standard (It forced me) and I got the Secret Movie. (Then again, I had finsihed all four episodes on Standard prior) I dunno if if was just luck, a game glitch, or what....

If worse comes to worse, save your Standard fils, complete th stroies on Proud, and then complete the Final Episode again. It worked for me.

So basically, if i got another Final Episode save file, it would still be standard, even if I completed Terra's scenario again?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
So basically, if i got another Final Episode save file, it would still be standard, even if I completed Terra's scenario again?

Precisely. It looks at your System Data, not your Clear Saves. If you completed them on Standard already, then Standard is what you'll get.

It also averages difficulties out. If you completed two stories on the same difficulty, you'll get the same difficulty for the Final Episode, whether you did the last story with another difficulty or not.

Make seperate files on Proud Mode and complete those (Find the Reports, to be sure) Then complete the Episode again. (Keep your Standard files, just in case!) The Secret Movie SHOULD unlock. It did for me.

Youniquee

Awards
Precisely. It looks at your System Data, not your Clear Saves. If you completed them on Standard already, then Standard is what you'll get.

Make seperate files on Proud Mode and complete those (Find the Reports, to be sure) Then complete the Episode again. (Keep your Standard files, just in case!) The Secret Movie SHOULD unlock. It did for me.

Oh I'm not trying to unlock the secret movie. I just want my Final Episode save to be on Proud, not standard~
Even when Terra is proud and I complete him last, it'll still be standard?
Sorry if i'm asking so much, I have a hard time understand things ^^;

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh I'm not trying to unlock the secret movie. I just want my Final Episode save to be on Proud, not standard~
Even when Terra is proud and I complete him last, it'll still be standard?
Sorry if i'm asking so much, I have a hard time understand things ^^;

No problem, that's what we're here for. And yes, it WILL be Standard. The only option in this case is to delete and re-make your System Data. It'll destroy anything you've unlocked, though.

If you DO delete and re-make your System, you will also have to delete all of your game files and start anew.

Play all three stories over again on Proud for all three files right off the bat. Then, your Final save will be on Proud as well.

I'm sure I don't have to stress that you'll have to re-unlock your stuff, though.

Youniquee

Awards
No problem, that's what we're here for. And yes, it WILL be Standard. The only option in this case is to delete and re-make your System Data. It'll destroy anything you've unlocked, though.
:\
-sigh- Thank you for your help
I guess i'll be leaving it on standard then...hopefully it actually gives me a challenge or i'll feel like Terra on proud was for nothing.
Oh, and thanks everyone else who helped too~
I'll leave this thread open in case anyone has any other suggestions/ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back