• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Filling in Blanks..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

Okay, I know some things are suppose to be up in the air at this point, but I want to go into KH3 with no confusions at all. So I am hoping that this wonderful KH community can come together to fill in the blank points that I have about the series as a whole. Here we go!

Kingdom Hearts
Q1: During the Tutorial, have we been told who is instructing Sora? Is it Ventus, someone else, or not relevant at all?
Q2: Also during the Tutorial, Sora goes to stained glass windows featuring a few Princesses of Heart. Now that we know stained glass represents hearts, are we standing on the hearts of the princesses, or their respective worlds?
Q3: How does King Triton know about the Keyblade? Is it just the same way that Kairi's grandma knows about the Keyblade War, just stories past down?
Q4: At the end, we see Sora, Donal, and Goofy chasing Pluto through a field. Where are they at this point? Since it doesn't appear to look like Castle Oblivion.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Q1: DiZ disguises himself as Ansem Seeker of Darkness at some points, so which parts of Reverse/Rebirth have the ACTUAL Ansem Seeker of Darkness?
Q2: Organization XIII & Namine were behind Sora's memory being messed up, but who implemented the card system? The Organization? Aqua? Irrelevant?

Kingdom Hearts II
Q1: Before he gets his new clothes, Sora says "Me, you guys (Donald & Goofy), Riku, and the King... with the five of us, I mean, six of us..". Who is the sixth Sora is referring to? Kairi? Jimminy? Roxas? Pluto?
Q2: During the 2nd visit to Agrabah, the Peddler states that a Black Coated Figure told him to keep quiet about the released Jafar. Who was this member?

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Q1: In the original game, Xemnas says "Once again, sleep takes you" to a comatose Roxas. Does this mean he remembers Ventus, and is this line even important since it was taken out for the HD 1.5 Remix?
Q2: During her breakdown at Destiny Islands, why does Xion experience a Riku memory when she can only absorb Sora's memories via Roxas?
Q3: Since the Organization could only collect hearts via a Keyblade wielder (Sora, Roxas, and Xion), then what did the group do before these guys showed up?
Q4: Why was Xion made by the Organization? To copy Sora? Or to drain Roxas? Or both?

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Q1: It has been shown that Xehanort came from Destiny Islands, but has this been relevant at all?
Q2: Terra thinks he took Aurora's heart, but Master Xehanort states he didn't. So.. who did?
Q3: I know the Lingering Sentiment is Terra's Will, but... what does that really mean?
Q4: In the Secret Ending, Ansem the Wise states that he put data into Sora's heart to right the wrongs that he caused. Wronged against who? Namine? Roxas?
Kingdom Hearts: Coded
Q1: Why is the Datascape so important that Maleficent desires it so much?
Q2: Since the Bugs were destroyed, does that mean the original Journal was restored?

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Q1: Young Xehanort talks about Traverse Town "...in your first journey, through your memories, through data, and in your dreams...". We know the games he is referring to, but Sora only knows of two, so why mention them?
Q2: I acknowledge that waking the Sleeping worlds was important, but Quasimodo and the other sleeping residents remember Sora or Riku, did it affect real world Micky at all?
Q3: Master Xehanort admits to setting Maelficent off for the 7 Lights, while Xemnas & Xibbar assembled the 13 Darknesses, so what was Ansem Seeker of Darkness suppose to be doing?
Q4: The goal of the exam was to awaken the Sleeping Worlds. Since Riku was in Sora's dreams the whole time, Sora was the only one who actually woke the worlds up. So why did Riku become Master when Sora did not?
Q5: During Sora's story in the grid, was Young Xehanort telling the truth when he said that they weren't in a Sleeping World since data cannot dream?
Q6: How could Master Xehanort only know about the future up to a certain? And what does possessing Riku and experiencing his events in real time have to do with anything?

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
A lot of these have no concrete answers, but I'll do the best I can!

Okay, I know some things are suppose to be up in the air at this point, but I want to go into KH3 with no confusions at all. So I am hoping that this wonderful KH community can come together to fill in the blank points that I have about the series as a whole. Here we go!

Kingdom Hearts
Q1: During the Tutorial, have we been told who is instructing Sora? Is it Ventus, someone else, or not relevant at all?
Q2: Also during the Tutorial, Sora goes to stained glass windows featuring a few Princesses of Heart. Now that we know stained glass represents hearts, are we standing on the hearts of the princesses, or their respective worlds?
Q3: How does King Triton know about the Keyblade? Is it just the same way that Kairi's grandma knows about the Keyblade War, just stories past down?
Q4: At the end, we see Sora, Donal, and Goofy chasing Pluto through a field. Where are they at this point? Since it doesn't appear to look like Castle Oblivion.
1: The original Ultimania interview says it's Mickey, but I wouldn't be surprised if that gets retconned at some point.
2: It's never specified, if Birth by Sleep is anything to go by though, if Sora had indeed truly dived into the hearts of the princesses the shattering would meant their hearts shattered. This is never the case, though. This may never get a concrete answer.
3:King Triton, being a ruler of the world and one with a mysterious power of his own may know about it because it was passed down. In the Kingdom Hearts continuity Triton has the power to reveal the Keyhole, so that had to be passed down or perhaps he's old enough to have witnessed the worlds being split during the original Keyblade War.
4: The path Sora takes leads to Castle Oblivion, and Riku follows it backwards as he exits. It probably is the outskirts of Castle Oblivion, after Aqua sealed the Land of Departure it's hard to say what became of the rest of the world. Still, it exists to protect the balance between light and dark and the paths are a physical manifestation of that. Anything else is at best conjecture until we learn more. Which we may never do so.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Q1: DiZ disguises himself as Ansem Seeker of Darkness at some points, so which parts of Reverse/Rebirth have the ACTUAL Ansem Seeker of Darkness?
Q2: Organization XIII & Namine were behind Sora's memory being messed up, but who implemented the card system? The Organization? Aqua? Irrelevant?

1: He makes fleeting appearances. Most likely when he posses Riku's body it's actually Ansem but all we really know is when Riku uses the card to draw Ansem out of his Heart in the final chapter of the game it's definitely Ansem.
2: The cards are only spoken of in that game, it probably comes with the territory as Data Sora uses cards in Coded when he visits.

Kingdom Hearts II
Q1: Before he gets his new clothes, Sora says "Me, you guys (Donald & Goofy), Riku, and the King... with the five of us, I mean, six of us..". Who is the sixth Sora is referring to? Kairi? Jimminy? Roxas? Pluto?
Q2: During the 2nd visit to Agrabah, the Peddler states that a Black Coated Figure told him to keep quiet about the released Jafar. Who was this member?
1: whenever people say Sora's referring to Roxas, it makes me want to shake them. He probably means Jiminy as Jiminy was actually there and Kairi was supposed to be safe on the island.
2: They never say, it could have been any of them. Saix or Xigbar seem the most likely.

Q1: In the original game, Xemnas says "Once again, sleep takes you" to a comatose Roxas. Does this mean he remembers Ventus, and is this line even important since it was taken out for the HD 1.5 Remix?
Q2: During her breakdown at Destiny Islands, why does Xion experience a Riku memory when she can only absorb Sora's memories via Roxas?
Q3: Since the Organization could only collect hearts via a Keyblade wielder (Sora, Roxas, and Xion), then what did the group do before these guys showed up?
Q4: Why was Xion made by the Organization? To copy Sora? Or to drain Roxas? Or both?
1: Xemnas definitely remembers Ven, as he addressed Aqua's armor in the Chamber and is looking for its antipode within the walls of Castle Oblivion, where Ventus sleeps. Though the specifics surrounding this may have changed over time as you noted Nomura took it out of the remaster...which is troubling.
2: There's a major theory going on that somewhere along the way Xion began absorbing some of Riku's memories too. This isn't unlikely, but it isn't confirmed either. The reasons how or why are up for debate. It's possible she's absorbing his pushed away memories of Darkness, or perhaps the Riku Replica's demise has something to do with it.
3: The implication is that they waited and researched and recruited new members very slowly while they built their facilities.
4: The Replica Program was a pet project that grew over time. The original idea was to have a second Keyblade bearer for the Organization's use, but Xion's purpose changed as she developed.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Q1: It has been shown that Xehanort came from Destiny Islands, but has this been relevant at all?
Q2: Terra thinks he took Aurora's heart, but Master Xehanort states he didn't. So.. who did?
Q3: I know the Lingering Sentiment is Terra's Will, but... what does that really mean?
Q4: In the Secret Ending, Ansem the Wise states that he put data into Sora's heart to right the wrongs that he caused. Wronged against who? Namine? Roxas?
1: Absolutely, this is the start of everything. First and foremost Xehanort leaving inspired rumors around the island about a boy who was strong and left to seek other worlds. This inspired Riku to want to become strong and leave the islands and that in turn drew Terra to him. Xehanort left his world as a boy and didn't come back until he needed somewhere to stash Ven's body. Wanting the boy to spend his final moments in peace Xehanort's feet took him home, unbidden. If it weren't for that Ven's dying light never would have attracted the eye of the heart of newborn Sora.
2.Technically speaking, he did but he wasn't responsible. The Ultimania confirms that this was set up by Xehanort and Maleficent.
3:In the Kingdom Hearts universe your emotions leave a mark on the world and the things you interact with. The Absent Silhouettes in KH2 Final Mix are ghostly versions of the Organization members who fell, their weapons acting out in the place of their fallen masters. The suit of armor was most likely inhabited by Terra's determination to stop Xehanort. It's similar to how his and Ven's Keyblades came to Aqua's side in the Realm of Darkness.
4: Ansem realizes that he did an unspeakable wrong by allowing Roxas to be absorbed by Sora, but to an extent it's deeper than that. When Namine approaches him with the memories of the fallen ones who inhabit Sora's heart, instead of helping them he carries on with his revenge. By the time he realizes his wrongdoing Sora's awakening is nigh and so he implants the Data. His data self is somewhat aware that Ven, Roxas, and at least to an extent Xion are inside Sora's heart.

Kingdom Hearts: Coded
Q2: Since the Bugs were destroyed, does that mean the original Journal was restored?
1: She seems to believe that conquering it will show her how to conquer all worlds.
2: Probably not, as Namine's message still appears in the end scenes, but at least the datascape should be fine.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Q1: Young Xehanort talks about Traverse Town "...in your first journey, through your memories, through data, and in your dreams...". We know the games he is referring to, but Sora only knows of two, so why mention them?
Q2: I acknowledge that waking the Sleeping worlds was important, but Quasimodo and the other sleeping residents remember Sora or Riku, did it affect real world Micky at all?
Q3: Master Xehanort admits to setting Maelficent off for the 7 Lights, while Xemnas & Xibbar assembled the 13 Darknesses, so what was Ansem Seeker of Darkness suppose to be doing?
Q4: The goal of the exam was to awaken the Sleeping Worlds. Since Riku was in Sora's dreams the whole time, Sora was the only one who actually woke the worlds up. So why did Riku become Master when Sora did not?
Q5: During Sora's story in the grid, was Young Xehanort telling the truth when he said that they weren't in a Sleeping World since data cannot dream?
Q6: How could Master Xehanort only know about the future up to a certain? And what does possessing Riku and experiencing his events in real time have to do with anything?

THANKS EVERYONE!!!
1: They still resonate, they still happened and to an extent Sora's heart feels that.
2:No idea, but it doesn't seem to have had any affect on Mickey. It it did it's easy to see why he never got the chance to mention it. But probably not, as Sora and Riku never actually met them but the dream of them that the world was having. Still, if they ever do meet in the Realm of Light, they may have a vague sort of feeling of familiarity as Mickey's counterparts did.
3: Ansem Seeker of Darkness was assisting Maleficent to an extent when he began corrupting Riku, but he was also orchestrating the events on Destiny Islands and setting to motion the plan in the Realm of Sleep.
4: Riku was able to dive even farther into the realm of Sleep than Sora, and he faced the Darkness without falling to it when Sora did not. Riku also revived Sora, and that in itself proved that he had passed the exam in a way Sora could not.
5: Perhaps data cannot dream, but there's nothing to say that the world that held the Grid wasn't dreaming of it.
6: Because Xehanort's future was told to his past self up to the point of when he began time traveling and The Xehanorts were traveling through time to the point of the Gathering in the World That Never Was, though how much of that was time traveling or just good planning is left vague. This game gives me a massive headache.

Jim Hawkins

Not even kidding:
YOU ARE MY HERO TINNY!!! XD

The time traveling in KH3D still kind of sorta confuses me, but I think that is to be expected. I feel so much more confident in my KH lore, thanks! :D

Awards
That whole exchange between Sora and young Xehanort is one abject mess--or really, anything time-related in DDD.

I was pretty confused by the "real time" line as well, Jim.
The most I could take away from it is the following:

In regards to whether or not Ansem "knew everything that would happen" as Sora says, it's important to note that Ansem possessed Riku. According to the laws of time travel, a version of yourself must exist at the destination. So applying that here means that if Xehanort were to travel into the future (relative to his existence pre-KH1), when and where he could go is narrowed during a particular time span to when he was possessing Riku.

In other words, all those scenes of "Rikunort" were all points/places in time that Xehanort could travel forward to. With that in mind, you have to think--what would this allow Xehanort to see ahead of time? Well, for starters... he could actually see Ansem's speech about how Kairi's heart is in Sora, and is needed to complete the keyhole/Heart Unlocker.

But remember, young Xehanort basically says later on that a caveat of traveling into the future is that any foreknowledge is eliminated from your awareness (it's a self-correcting mechanism of the timeline to prevent someone from altering an event that is destined to happen). Still, these scenes are "etched in his heart," meaning it pushes him to do what is destined to be done.

Here's what I'm getting at, or how I think this plays out:
Ansem went back in time to meet young Xehanort, passed on his time traveling abilities and gave him a mission to collect a bunch of future Xehanorts. In young Xehanort's travel to the future, one of the many scenes he may have witnessed includes the whole "Kairi's heart rests within you" spiel. Then the events of DDD unfold, he goes back to his original time and forgets about all of this but--again--with the memories etched in his heart. So when, as Ansem (since he still has the same heart as young Xehanort) he sees Kairi in Radiant Garden, while he might not remember her from the future, a feeling would probably be triggered that she could lead him to the keyblade wielder. Kairi's meeting of Sora was also cemented as a "destined event" that Xehanort could not change due to the protective spell that Aqua cast on her.

And that's what I think they might have been trying to get at.
Of course, it's absurdly silly, because it's an instance of circular causation, but stuff like that is pretty unavoidable.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well, lets see what I can do.
The Ultimania said it was Mickey, but since it has never been metioned in game it's up in the air as to who it is.
I think all the stained glass were of PoH that were already kidnapped. So I'll say it's their hearts. Maybe the stained glass columns are like them praying for help.
That's what I assume.
I think they're just right outside of Castle Oblivion's um, oblivioness. I think the Land of Departure had a lot of surrounding fields surrounding it. So it could be that the castle is the only thing in a different realm.
I think the only parts with disguised DiZ are the beginning where he sends Riku to CO and the part in the Twilight Town section where Riku notices he's not Ansem,SoD. So that would put Ansem, SoD at all the other scenes
I consider the cards part of the security system, so I say Aqua, but unknowingly.
I think he meant Jiminy.
I'm guessing Xigbar. Because, well, I think he was the only one beside Axel and Xion who you have a story mission with in Days. Um, yeah.
I believe he has at least the one memory of when Ventus is comatose. The line is important, but I think it was taken out just to save some time.
Riku was there when this was happening so it is possible that she absorbed the memory, I suppose. I think someone did a thread about that a while ago.
Recon stuff, finding new members, and trying to explore Castle Oblivion.
Both kind'uv. She was plan C if Roxas didn't work
Nope.
Maleficant
"But why does your mind resist?" I think that means Terra's soul is in the armor.
Yes. And I think he said he caused or at least feels responsible for what Apprentice Xehanort has done.
The data worlds are also worlds, sort of. Maybe she thinks she can affect the real ones by messing with the digital ones?
Yes
I have no clue.
I don't think any of them will remember what happened. Since Mickey been around after those worlds were sleeping so he probable wasn't effected.
Time-traveling to bring all Xehanorts together.
Um, he was being more awesome? Well he didn't fell into darkness and become comatose so that might have been the reason.
I don't know about the "data cannot dream" part, but I do believe he was telling the truth about them not being in a Sleeping World
He cannot see the future unless a Xehanort for a later time sends him there. Even then he wouldn't remember when he returns to his own time. With the Riku part I think he just meant he could see what was going when Riku was possessed. Not sure why he said "in real time".

I hope this helped. I suck at this.

Awards
Not even kidding:
YOU ARE MY HERO TINNY!!! XD

The time traveling in KH3D still kind of sorta confuses me, but I think that is to be expected. I feel so much more confident in my KH lore, thanks! :D
I think everyone is confused about how the time traveling actually works. They gave us a bunch of vague rules and never explain how time flows in the KH universe. I've seen many different interpretations and all of them are equally confusing.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Time for me to PMF up in this bitch.

The coats that each member wears are different. However, Xemnas ans Xaldin's are pretty similar. The one in Agrabah belongs to either one of them.

Yes. The memory loss may have been fake, but his real memories are resurfacing if not.

Don't forget, it is implied that Xemnas can wield and chooses not to.

Though my info may be dated as I haven't been here since 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back