• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fighting the other titans. All 3 at once?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
In the trailer they showed the other three titans all right there, excluding rock titan because it would seem he is defeated for good after the rock titan boss fight. I am just wondering how this would work at this point. Maybe we still dont even get to fight them and they are just going to show up for a cutscene? Or we will fight all 3 at once, or it may even be a thing where we fight one at a time but it is a chain of boss fights, kinda like the secret boss for 0.2. How do you think that situation will unfold?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, we at the Orchestra concert saw Sora use the carousel attraction flow against the Lava Titan, and then in the Square Enix Showcase trailer it is shown against the Ice Titan so they could have captured it from the same fight (they cut from the Lava Titan to the Ice Titan in the Orchestra concert but a lot of the KH3 trailers have had editing in the middle of battles to stitch different parts together).

For what it’s worth, the Lava Titan has over 2 bars of health so maybe we could take on all three at once?

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I thought I heard that the Rock Titan is a pretty early boss fight in the level, but I could be mistaking that for “very early boss in the game period”.

Regardless, here’s what I figure happens. Hades attacks Olympus with the full brigade of Titans, and when he hears Sora is back, he sends the Rock Titan after him, while he and the rest of the Titans hold their ground on Olympus. I remember how in KH2 he realized Sora wouldn’t be so easily defeated by just Heartless, so surely Hades realizes that Sora won’t be stopped by a Titan he’s beaten before? Maybe this iteration of Rock Titan is bigger or something. Who knows, Hades falls victim to Bond villains as much as he calls it out.

As Far as boss fights, I’m figuring we have to fight all three of the others at once, as I think in one trailer we saw the Ice Titan and maybe another getting smacked around by the carousel attraction flow. I’d love individual boss fights in a Coliseum tournament, though. Make it like the Mirage Arena, so you can fight them in a unique environment, like how you fought Monstro in the ocean. So you fight the Lava Titan in a volcanic environment, the Wind Titan in the middle of a big storm, etc.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Well, we at the Orchestra concert saw Sora use the carousel attraction flow against the Lava Titan, and then in the Square Enix Showcase trailer it is shown against the Ice Titan so they could have captured it from the same fight (they cut from the Lava Titan to the Ice Titan in the Orchestra concert but a lot of the KH3 trailers have had editing in the middle of battles to stitch different parts together).

For what it’s worth, the Lava Titan has over 2 bars of health so maybe we could take on all three at once?
Technically the leaked Orchestra trailer showed the first few seconds of SDG using the Attraction flow on the Ice Titan and the Lava Titan. So we're fighting two Titans, dunno about the Wind but since he wasn't present next to the Ice and Lava in battle but I would assume SDG would fight it, it's just how would they fight him given that he's made of wind/air.

Regardless, here’s what I figure happens. Hades attacks Olympus with the full brigade of Titans, and when he hears Sora is back, he sends the Rock Titan after him, while he and the rest of the Titans hold their ground on Olympus. I remember how in KH2 he realized Sora wouldn’t be so easily defeated by just Heartless, so surely Hades realizes that Sora won’t be stopped by a Titan he’s beaten before? Maybe this iteration of Rock Titan is bigger or something. Who knows, Hades falls victim to Bond villains as much as he calls it out.
Looks to be the case, I mean it is adapting the film's climax when Hades frees the Titans from their Prison and launch their attack on Mt. Olympus, not to mention the Titans in KH3 play a much BIGGER role in this compared to their roles in previous installments as just smaller monsters Sora fights in the Coliseum.

I actually like the idea of Hades sending the Rock Titan to attack Sora and his friends, it's a nice nod to the original film when he sent the Cyclops to go after Hercules instead of having him join the other Titans. On top of that, it would explain why the Rock Titan was suddenly attacking Sora, Donald and Goofy as they trecked up to Mt. Olympus.

I can even imagine this if this were to happen (hey a guy can dream can he?):
Hold it, Rocky. I have a special job for you, my Mountainous friend.

As Far as boss fights, I’m figuring we have to fight all three of the others at once, as I think in one trailer we saw the Ice Titan and maybe another getting smacked around by the carousel attraction flow. I’d love individual boss fights in a Coliseum tournament, though. Make it like the Mirage Arena, so you can fight them in a unique environment, like how you fought Monstro in the ocean. So you fight the Lava Titan in a volcanic environment, the Wind Titan in the middle of a big storm, etc.
I actually would like to buy a ticket to that so you can battle all the different bosses from the game after you defeat them.

Now it makes me more curious about how the events of the world would start off from, cause although this is following the climax of the movie, some elements such as Hercules getting his powers back after sacrificing himself to save Megara and Hades falling into the River of Styx were previously adapted in Kingdom Hearts II, so I don't think they might do it again and perhaps do an original ending for this world. Here's my prediction for the scenario of Olympus' plot:
  • Sora, Donald, and Goofy either arrived at the world at the grassy fields and mountainous areas leading into Mt. Olympus or start off with Sora free-falling into Mt. Olympus and battle the world's heartless, while giving you the basic tutorials to wield the keyblade and combat.
    SmoothRapidCopperhead.gif

giphy-1.gif
  • Rock Titan, presumably sent by Hades attacks our heroes and a Boss Battle against the Titan starts.
    tumblr_p8xfjtLcxV1qf5hjqo1_540.gif
  • After defeating Rock Titan, SDG arrive on Mt. Olympus, Hades sent the other three titans (Ice, Wind, Lava) to attack them until Hercules arrives to assist them in battle. Eventually leading to Hercules swinging all three of them into space like the film.
  • After the Titans are defeated they head back to Thebes and confronted by Xigbar who has a conversation with Sora (I don't know where this scene is taking place and whether this is taking place before the Rock Troll battle, after the battle, or once you're finishing the world? So please give me the heads up).
    kingdom_hearts_3-4581096.jpg

• Rock Troll Battle in Thebes
    JadedYearlyKakarikis-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_pa4xdonPbp1wwbu6ho4_500.gif
  • The rest: I don't know how the rest of the world will go like, maybe adapt it like the rest of the film's climax (e.g. Hercules saving Megara's soul from the River of Styx resulting in becoming a God and punching Hades into the River of Styx where he remains in eternity) or do an original ending when Sora finally manages to get his powers back who's to say?

As for the Maleficent and Pete scene when they asked Hades regarding the whereabouts of a Black Box, does this take place during Sora, Donald and Goofy's travel in Olympus or after they left the world cause I have a hunch it's the latter since Nomura mentioned in an interview that Maleficent and Pete want to stay out of Sora's way and to some extent Organization XIII, so I can't say for sure.
    NiceCalculatingAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Technically the leaked Orchestra trailer showed the first few seconds of SDG using the Attraction flow on the Ice Titan and the Lava Titan. So we're fighting two Titans, dunno about the Wind but since he wasn't present next to the Ice and Lava in battle but I would assume SDG would fight it, it's just how would they fight him given that he's made of wind/air.
Except it didn't, and using a leaked trailer with things that are hard to see can't really prove that. These E3 trailers have featured numerous cuts to blend different gameplay parts together effortlessly. The amount of UI changes in the Pirates trailer is a great example of that, how they have the exact same gameplay but taken during different builds and captures and spliced together.

I even specifically said 'they cut from the Lava Titan to the Ice Titan in the Orchestra concert' (though I was wrong because it was Ice Titan to Lava Titan) because that is what they've been doing lately and it's not really proof that we fight them together. If we see them together in a future trailer or something then great, but until then I'm not sure if they are fought together. I just checked out one of the leaked trailers and the Lava Titan pretty much appears out of nowhere, which tells me there was a cut.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Except it didn't, and using a leaked trailer with things that are hard to see can't really prove that. These E3 trailers have featured numerous cuts to blend different gameplay parts together effortlessly. The amount of UI changes in the Pirates trailer is a great example of that, how they have the exact same gameplay but taken during different builds and captures and spliced together.

I even specifically said 'they cut from the Lava Titan to the Ice Titan in the Orchestra concert' (though I was wrong because it was Ice Titan to Lava Titan) because that is what they've been doing lately and it's not really proof that we fight them together. If we see them together in a future trailer or something then great, but until then I'm not sure if they are fought together. I just checked out one of the leaked trailers and the Lava Titan pretty much appears out of nowhere, which tells me there was a cut.
Okay, you're right, but I'm pretty sure the Carousel Attraction Flow is one of the Optional finishing Attraction flow abilities to take out the other Titans, just like how the Big Magic Mountain Attraction flow was one of the Optional finishing moves to take out the Rock Titan. Of course there had been some videos where a few players who played the demo didn't need to use the Attraction flow but just physically beat the Rock Titan, but who's to say.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm all for the titan battles, but I'd love to battle the Hydra again to recreate the Hydra battle from the movie.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’d love to fight all three at once if they balance it right. It would certainly show off the power of this engine to have three Titan-sized bosses on screen at once.

Another Hercules boss I would love to fight, but probably isn’t likely, is Nessus, the river Guardian. We currently have a lot of large scale enemies in this world and I’d love to see a boss that is more human scale. He could even be a tutorial boss for Sora.

As far as how Olympus will play out, my hope is that it will open in media res with Sora already well underway in his training with Phil. Perhaps, Phil’s Island will even be a featured location and Sora will run the gauntlet as part of the Athletic Flow tutorial. (If not, the Rock Titan fight might actually be the opening tutorial.) After completing his training, we’ll see the scene with Maleficent and Pete meeting with Hades, which will help set up Hades’ plot. Perhaps, Maleficent will help him free the Titans in exchange for information on the box.

We’ll then find Hercules in Thebes where Hades will start causing us trouble. The Heartless will attack the city, culminating with the Rock Troll fight. Hercules will stay behind in Thebes while Sora makes his way up the mountain to protect Olympus, with the Rock Titan fight along the way. Then we get to Olympus, rejoin with Hercules, beat up some Titans, and possibly hunt Hades down in the Underworld and fight him one last time. Then we go back to a ruined Thebes and encounter Xigbar, followed by the world’s conclusion.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I'd love to battle the Hydra again to recreate the Hydra battle from the movie.
The thing is, the Hydra is already dead. I don't think there is anything they can do with the Hydra cause in the 2nd act of the film (with elements of it being used in KH2), Hercules managed to kill the Hydra (including most of its heads) by creating a rockslide burying all of its heads one by one in a pile of huge rocks and in Kingdom Hearts II Sora managed to vanquish all of its heads with his Keyblade with some help from Donald, Goofy, Pegasus, Phil, Megara and Pegasus.

As far as how Olympus will play out, my hope is that it will open in media res with Sora already well underway in his training with Phil. Perhaps, Phil’s Island will even be a featured location and Sora will run the gauntlet as part of the Athletic Flow tutorial. (If not, the Rock Titan fight might actually be the opening tutorial.) After completing his training, we’ll see the scene with Maleficent and Pete meeting with Hades, which will help set up Hades’ plot. Perhaps, Maleficent will help him free the Titans in exchange for information on the box.

We’ll then find Hercules in Thebes where Hades will start causing us trouble. The Heartless will attack the city, culminating with the Rock Troll fight. Hercules will stay behind in Thebes while Sora makes his way up the mountain to protect Olympus, with the Rock Titan fight along the way. Then we get to Olympus, rejoin with Hercules, beat up some Titans, and possibly hunt Hades down in the Underworld and fight him one last time. Then we go back to a ruined Thebes and encounter Xigbar, followed by the world’s conclusion.
This is a very good summarization of the plotline to Olympus and part of it is actually what I envisioned how the world would go. In regards, to the world starting off with the Rock Titan battle, I dunno, sure, in Dream Drop Distance Ursula was the first boss at the start of the game, but frankly, it just feels to soon to have it happen right after the Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus scene. Perhaps the world begins as you said Sora training with Phil on Phil's Island or in the grassy areas around Mt. Olympus (as shown in the E3 2015 trailer).

The only thing that remains is Megara's role in Olympus in Kingdom Hearts III and whether it would be reminiscent to her role in the film's climax when she sacrifices herself to save Herc from a falling pillar. Because elements of the scene when Hercules sacrificed himself to save Meg and becoming a God for his selfless act was already used in Kingdom Hearts II, so I don't know if the team will do the same thing again, but who's to say?

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The thing is, the Hydra is already dead. I don't think there is anything they can do with the Hydra cause in the 2nd act of the film (with elements of it being used in KH2), Hercules managed to kill the Hydra (including most of its heads) by creating a rockslide burying all of its heads one by one in a pile of huge rocks and in Kingdom Hearts II Sora managed to vanquish all of its heads with his Keyblade with some help from Donald, Goofy, Pegasus, Phil, Megara and Pegasus.

This is a very good summarization of the plotline to Olympus and part of it is actually what I envisioned how the world. In regards, to the world starting off with the Rock Titan battle, I dunno, sure, in Dream Drop Distance Ursula was the first boss at the start of the game, but frankly, it just feels to soon to have it happen right after the Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus scene. Perhaps the world begins as you said Sora training with Phil on Phil's Island or in the grassy areas around Mt. Olympus (as shown in the E3 2015 trailer).

The only thing that remains is Megara's role in Olympus in Kingdom Hearts III and whether it would be reminiscent to her role in the film's climax when she sacrifices herself to save Herc from a falling pillar. Because elements of the scene when Hercules sacrificed himself to save Meg and becoming a God for his selfless act was already used in Kingdom Hearts II, so I don't know if the team will do the same thing again, but who's to say?

I don’t think it would jump straight to Sora from Young Eraqus and Xehanort. There’s actually a pretty good chance that after the opening and that scene, there’ll be the cutscenes of Kairi and Lea and possibly Riku and Mickey in the Realm of Darkness. Basically, I think the game will start with Eraqus and Xehanort. Then we’ll have a “check-in” showing where all the main characters are and what they’re doing, possibly including a tutorial playing as one of these characters. Once that is done, we would be take over as Sora as he’s thrown right into the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back