• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fighting Game - Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_ghost

Re: SSB - Sora

Aeroga - Sora is enveloped with wind and performs multi-hit damage (midair)

Frontal Throw: Stopga/Lethal Frame - Sora stops time between him and the grabbed opponent and performs a flurry of slashes.

Neutral B: Curaga - Sora is replenished from damage by simultaneously pressing B (ground). Reflega - Sora shields himself from damage and returns it back with surrounding mini-sparks. (midair) OR Ars Arcanum - Sora's Keyblade glows with power that can produce follow-up attacks with the appropriate command input (ground) Ragnarok - Sora floats from the ground, weilding an aura-infused keyblade that charges and shoots. (midair)
Magnet Spiral - Sora gathers the nearest opponent and retaliates (midair).
OR Zantetsuken - Sora focuses for 1 second leaving him vulnerable to attacks and then slashes forward with ultimate force.

You know, the point is to create a good balanced character, not one that has a clear advantage to everyone.

He can't have Cure. That's cheating. He'd get banned from tournaments.
Ars Arcanum/Ragnarok as a non FS move is ludicrous. Sora'd be God Tier like Metaknight.
They were his strongest moves for a reason.
And unless its from an item assist, Sora shouldn't teleport.

This is literally combining the cheap ass dicksuckery of Pitt and the God speed of Metaknight.
While throwing in Ness' ability to heal without assistance and Ike's damn near undodgeable moves

While good as a personal opinion, it's Melee again. Matching up tournaments of
Marth x5
Falco x6
C. Falcon x3
Fox x7
Pichu and Mewtwo.

Final Smash: Trinity Limit - Sora reaches into his pocket, brings out a Donald and Goofy Friend Card (from Chain of Memories) and summons them. They perform Trinity Limit as shown in the vid.

Stages:
Station of Awakening (Princesses) - The players are pitted against several circular stained-glass scenery featuring the princesses of heart. The floor shatters from time to time, leaving the players at a falling state until they reach the next floor, where another princess of heart is featured.
Castle Oblivion (Main Hall) - The players are summoned in the main halls of Castle Oblivion. The floor transforms to different scenery from Sora's memory when a player is defeated. Floors can transform to; Traverse Town (First District), Hollow Bastion (Castle Chapel), Twilight Town (Mansion Gate).

Those aren't Sora stages. SoA maybe, but DEF not CO.

Dowhax

Bronze Member

One thing about Box_Ghost's stage, is that maybe it should take you to a few of the different worlds in the games maybe? Like your on a big gummi ship? Sorta how the SSB Star Fox stage was.

Awards

@Box_ghost

And the point was that it isn't meant to mimic the power of the ones in the game. The Sora I posted was meant to perform and utilize his moves from previous KH games into SSB. And if you want everything so perfect and KH accurate, then consider that Ars Arcanum, when missed/blocked by an enemy, renders Sora vulnerable. And Ragnarok? Even in KH, it takes damn long time to charge.

And the throw is a THROW. Either he gets it in time or the opponent frees himself. It's just like any other throws with the exception of looking better than everyone else's throws.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

That's very interesting but I don't think Sora fits in with the cast of SSB. I could see him as a guest star on Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. I mean Kratos is in MK now, I don't see why Sora couldn't.
what
just
what now
mortal kombat is extremely bloody/gory, that's why Kratos fits in absolutely fine. He's from a gory game.
Street Fighter BAHAHA.
Take that one up with ken, please. I'd like to see this conversation.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Plus Mortal Kombat is owned by Warner Brothers now. Not exactly sure Disney would be wanting him on 1 of their games (although Disney & WB are apparently colaperating on LEGO PotC) The idea I've had for Sora for the longest time involved using CoM's gameplay as a basis for his moveset (since this was before Days/RECoded/3D) to differentiate him from other characters more.

A: Keyblade attacks (I was never very good at listing the various A moves in SSB threads)
B: Fire
>B: Blizzard
^B: Aero
vB: Thunder
Final Smash: Trinity limit (albeit with Riku/Kairi instead of Donald/Goofy, in order to avoid any Disney complications)

The CoM aspect is being able to stock special moves or smash attacks in order to use sleights:
B+B+B=Firaga
>B+>B+>B=Blizzaga
^B+^B+^B=Aeroga
vB+vB+vB=Thundaga
A+A+A=Ars Arcanum
>A+>A+>A=Slide Dash
^A+^A+^A=Blitz
vA+vA+vA=Stun Impact

For balance sake, the sleights are low priority.

The Reaver

You know, I had always thought that the best way to create a balanced SSB moveset for Sora was to use the magic from KHII as smashes, the Special Abilities from KHI as specials (i.e. Strike Raid, Ragnarok), and the Drive Forms as Final Smashes.

This is what I think the smashes would look like:

FSmash: Blizzard - Sora fires a slow moving ball of ice a short distance that explodes on impact. Charging it more increases the range and size of the ice ball (and the damage, of course).

DSmash: Fire - Sora briefly surrounds himself with a circle of flame. Charging it more increases the range and duration of the flame circle (as it does in KHII with Fira and Firaga).

USmash: Thunder - Sora calls down a vertical bolt of lightning to strike his Keyblade from a short distance above the Keyblade. Charging it more increases the height of the bolt of lighting. (In other words, the lightning functions like Pikachu's Thunder, but would originate only a couple of feet above the Keyblade with a short charge. With the longest charge, the lightning would be like Pikachu's Thunder in range.)

As you can see, the KHII incarnations of the basic magic actually function quite well as smashes because they resemble the general pattern followed by most smashes (one forward smash, one point-blank down smash, and one up smash).

For the specials:

Neutral B: Strike Raid - Sora throws his Keyblade like a boomerang a fixed distance. Holding B causes the Keyblade to spin in place when it reaches its max distance, but the Keyblade automatically returns if Sora takes damage.

Side B: Sonic Blade - Sora dashes quickly with his Keyblade, penetrating enemies and dealing high damage to them.

Down B: Ars Arcanum - Sora quickly readies himself. If he is hit by an enemy, he unleashes a furious combo that deals little knockback, but very high damage.

Up B: Ragnarok - Sora leaps into the air and fires a stream of lasers a long distance. Sora is Helpless after using Ragnarok. (This functions like Yoshi's Up B in that it is more of an offensive move, but it has a small jump in the beginning so you can use it for recovery. However, you can only do it once.)

For the Drive Forms, when Sora uses a Final Smash, the entire game should pause for about 5 seconds, during which the Sora player picks a form to transform into from a menu resembling the KH command menu. It wouldn't be annoying for other players since the Sora player would have a very short time limit to pick his form. I also think he should be limited to Valor and Wisdom Form since the other forms would be hard to balance comparatively.

Valor Form: No smashes, specials, or grabs can be used, but jabs and tilts are significantly stronger with greater damage and knockback and break shields faster. Run speed and jump height are also significantly increased.

Wisdom Form: No tilts, smashes, or grabs can be used, but jabs all turn into long ranged projectiles that function similarly to Staryu's attack (when it is released from a Pokeball). Also, all specials change to advanced magic:

Neutral B: Reflega - Sora puts up a large glassy barrier. For an instant, Sora takes no damage, and if an enemy attacks him, he creates a massive explosion of shards around himself that deals massive damage and knockback.

Side B: Graviga - Sora creates a huge gravity zone a short distance in front of him that deals more damage if the enemy has taken less damage, but no knockback.

Up B: Magnega - Sora places a magnetic orb above him that draws in enemies and items. Enemies caught near the center are unable to act.

Down B: Aeroga - Sora surrounds himself with a tornado. Enemies touching it take damage and are knocked skyward, but he loses the tornado when he takes damage.

(In both forms, Sora loses access to Ragnarok, so he has to be careful not to take too much damage and get knocked off.)

Awards

@The Reaver

I'm liking the Drive Forms but it just doesn't seem right if neither the Master and Final (or even Limit) are incorporated.

Box_ghost

To me, I honestly can't see sora in SSB. The only fighting game that fits is SC

You're joking right? Sora fits more in SB than SC.

You know, I had always thought that the best way to create a balanced SSB moveset for Sora was to use the magic from KHII as smashes, the Special Abilities from KHI as specials (i.e. Strike Raid, Ragnarok), and the Drive Forms as Final Smashes.

This is what I think the smashes would look like:

FSmash: Blizzard - Sora fires a slow moving ball of ice a short distance that explodes on impact. Charging it more increases the range and size of the ice ball (and the damage, of course).

DSmash: Fire - Sora briefly surrounds himself with a circle of flame. Charging it more increases the range and duration of the flame circle (as it does in KHII with Fira and Firaga).

USmash: Thunder - Sora calls down a vertical bolt of lightning to strike his Keyblade from a short distance above the Keyblade. Charging it more increases the height of the bolt of lighting. (In other words, the lightning functions like Pikachu's Thunder, but would originate only a couple of feet above the Keyblade with a short charge. With the longest charge, the lightning would be like Pikachu's Thunder in range.)

As you can see, the KHII incarnations of the basic magic actually function quite well as smashes because they resemble the general pattern followed by most smashes (one forward smash, one point-blank down smash, and one up smash).

And what's with everyone trying to incorperate all of the spells?
Honestly, all you really need is Blizzzard. It's the element affixed to Sora anyway.
But anyway, I don't see why it couldn't alternate.

Side B: Sonic Blade - Sora dashes quickly with his Keyblade, penetrating enemies and dealing high damage to them.

Down B: Ars Arcanum - Sora quickly readies himself. If he is hit by an enemy, he unleashes a furious combo that deals little knockback, but very high damage.

Sonic Blade is ludicrous and Ars Arcanum as a regular move is haX.

Up B: Ragnarok - Sora leaps into the air and fires a stream of lasers a long distance. Sora is Helpless after using Ragnarok. (This functions like Yoshi's Up B in that it is more of an offensive move, but it has a small jump in the beginning so you can use it for recovery. However, you can only do it once.)

So Sora doesn't have any recoverable qualities?
Get him off of a ledge and he's worthless. Would suck in competition.

For the Drive Forms, when Sora uses a Final Smash, the entire game should pause for about 5 seconds, during which the Sora player picks a form to transform into from a menu resembling the KH command menu. It wouldn't be annoying for other players since the Sora player would have a very short time limit to pick his form. I also think he should be limited to Valor and Wisdom Form since the other forms would be hard to balance comparatively.

While it is a decent idea, I think drives should just color changes.

Valor Form: No smashes, specials, or grabs can be used, but jabs and tilts are significantly stronger with greater damage and knockback and break shields faster. Run speed and jump height are also significantly increased.

Wisdom Form: No tilts, smashes, or grabs can be used, but jabs all turn into long ranged projectiles that function similarly to Staryu's attack (when it is released from a Pokeball). Also, all specials change to advanced magic:

Okay...kinda badass.

Neutral B: Reflega - Sora puts up a large glassy barrier. For an instant, Sora takes no damage, and if an enemy attacks him, he creates a massive explosion of shards around himself that deals massive damage and knockback.

Okay.

Side B: Graviga - Sora creates a huge gravity zone a short distance in front of him that deals more damage if the enemy has taken less damage, but no knockback.

um?

Up B: Magnega - Sora places a magnetic orb above him that draws in enemies and items. Enemies caught near the center are unable to act.

what?

Down B: Aeroga - Sora surrounds himself with a tornado. Enemies touching it take damage and are knocked skyward, but he loses the tornado when he takes damage.

Hm.

(In both forms, Sora loses access to Ragnarok, so he has to be careful not to take too much damage and get knocked off.)

And this is just silly.

And the point was that it isn't meant to mimic the power of the ones in the game. The Sora I posted was meant to perform and utilize his moves from previous KH games into SSB.

Yeah, I realize that but there are certain things that wouldn't fly.
Such as Sora's ability to heal when he wants. That puts everyone else at a severe disadvantage.

And if you want everything so perfect and KH accurate, then consider that Ars Arcanum, when missed/blocked by an enemy, renders Sora vulnerable. And Ragnarok? Even in KH, it takes damn long time to charge.

Which is why as a FS, he'd be invulnerable during Ars Arcanum. And I honestly think Ragnarok is just useless. And as for missing, Sora wouldn't miss as he'd travel to his opponent.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

The star of a kiddy button mashing crossover game doesn't fit in a kiddy button mashing crossover game?

Box_ghost

I am being serious i can never see sora as fighter in SB, only SC fits in my opinion

I honestly don't see how. Please explain this to me so I can better understand your pov

with something like that you'd think link should have been in SSB

Link is i because its a fighter of Nintendo's characters.
And even he wasn't, Link would be in SC and likely SSB because of Link's status as an accomplished fighter.

Sora completely fits in the SSB universe. Personality wise, he fits because he's so lighthearted, which fits many of SSB's characters.
He's an accomplished fighter. Like Link, Mario, Kirby and their ilk.
His strong sense of justice - other characters.
His being on 2 Nintendo platforms - other characters.
The list goes o really.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
they wont even let sora into dissdia
i wish he could be in a fghintg gmae
actually i think i would prefer ven and vanitas more
sora doesnt have a rival enemy

ChrisP

I think there should be a KH fighting game before any crossovers between fighting games :p

Awards
I know it doesn't seem apparent, but there is a character shortage if you exclude Disney Characters/FF Characters.

-Sora
-Donald (exception)
-Goofy (exception)
-King Mickey (exception)
-Riku
-Ventus
-Terra
-Aqua
-Roxas

It doesn't sound realistic if you just place the whole Organization XIII in there. The Good/Bad sides should be almost equal.

The Reaver

And what's with everyone trying to incorperate all of the spells?
Honestly, all you really need is Blizzzard. It's the element affixed to Sora anyway.
But anyway, I don't see why it couldn't alternate.

Wait, how is Blizzard affiliated with Sora? I never heard about this. =/ Plus, the other spells just work well with the FSmash, DSmash, USmash system.

Sonic Blade is ludicrous and Ars Arcanum as a regular move is haX.

They'd work if they had the right properties. Sonic Blade would be like CF's Falcon Kick, except it always goes sideways, and AA would work like Lucario's/Marth's/Ike's counter moves.

So Sora doesn't have any recoverable qualities?
Get him off of a ledge and he's worthless. Would suck in competition.

He has a midair jump + Ragnarok gives him a boost in the air.

It'd work like Gravity, so it flattens the enemy in front of him and deals % based damage. It wouldn't knock back.

It's a simple magnet thing, like ZSS's Final Smash except weaker.

And this is just silly.

Not really. He'd be so powerful in his Drive Forms that he wouldn't need to have recovery.[/QUOTE]

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I know it doesn't seem apparent, but there is a character shortage if you exclude Disney Characters/FF Characters.

The Good/Bad sides should be almost equal.

I must say that I don't see a character shortage.

In the following, red means what I perceive as a "bad guy" and blue means what I perceive as a "good guy", while green represents a character who I can not see in any way shape or form in a fighting game (or at least last long in a fighting game against the other characters).

Sora - Roxas - Xion
Riku
Kairi - Namine

Ventus - Vanitas - Vanitas Remnant
Terra - Lingering Sentiment
Aqua
Master Eraqus - Armor of the Master

Axel
Saix

Master Xehanort - Xemnas - Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
Xigbar

Marluxia
Larxene

Vexen
Zexion

Lexaeus
Xaldin

Luxord
Demyx

There's about 11 blues and 12 reds. I'd have to say that the gap in between them is not enough to say that there's a deficit.

It doesn't sound realistic if you just place the whole Organization XIII in there.

It could be explained away as their replicas. Like, they could be like Repliku-- replicas of their originals who are going through the existential crisis of the millennium.

Think of it as "Replicas vs. Somebodies".

Box_ghost

Wait, how is Blizzard affiliated with Sora?

Officially unoffically.

though non-canon, the manga has Sora learn Blizzard first.
In KH2, the orb that Roxas and sora receive are Blue which is the KH/FF color of Blizzard.
The ring around his Keyblade is blue.

Were the gang to be associated with elements in that manner, Sora would be affiliated with ice as well as wind.

I never heard about this. =/ Plus, the other spells just work well with the FSmash, DSmash, USmash system.

the thing is, sora's not a mage. He's a warrior with the ability to use magic and summon. His movesets should be move based around physical attacks.

They'd work if they had the right properties. Sonic Blade would be like CF's Falcon Kick, except it always goes sideways, and AA would work like Lucario's/Marth's/Ike's counter moves.

My point is that for Sora, they'd be too powerful for regular moves. He'd be broken.
Throw in Curaga, and he's basicall God Tier.

He has a midair jump + Ragnarok gives him a boost in the air.

His third jump should be specifically for recovery. Who's gonna get hit by lasers if Sora's too far down for a small jump like Ragnarok.

I think because you guys like Sora, you're haxing him out of bias.

Magnet as a grab, I can see, but Graviga as a vB. This only proves my point.

Not really. He'd be so powerful in his Drive Forms that he wouldn't need to have recovery

Honestly, there should only be one Drive form for his FS-Final Form. Maybe Anti form if he gets the SB 3 times in a match. The rest should honestly be colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back