• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fight Club

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fightclub ..

yea i love this movie, only..G4 has been playing the shit out of it lately.

i'm starting to get tired of it.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL

Fuckin' up the first rule of fight club. Don't talk about fight club.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

The Rules Of Fight Club

#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.

#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

#4 - Two guys to a fight.

#5 - One fight at a time.

#6 - No shirts, no shoes.

#7 - Fights will go on as long as they have to.

#8 - If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Seriously though this is a masterpiece of film. Though one of Chuck Palahniuk's more simple concepts, it is fantastic. The anti consumerism connotations melded with his twisted mind make for great great story telling.

And David Fincher, I'm very very happy with his directing in this. It is very hard to capture everything that is the fight club novel, well anything by Palahniuk - (see 'Choke' for how NOT to do it) and he has done it perfectly (in my opinion better than the book)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Let's not be too hasty in calling it a "masterpiece."

I do not like Palahniuk's work one bit, and the movie did little to change that. Sure, a few interesting transitions and "twist" at the end weren't too bad, but the story is shallow as fuck.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

Fight Club was a good movie, but, now I'm just over it.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider

The Rules Of Fight Club

#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.

#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

#4 - Two guys to a fight.

#5 - One fight at a time.

#6 - No shirts, no shoes.

#7 - Fights will go on as long as they have to.

#8 - If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Seriously though this is a masterpiece of film. Though one of Chuck Palahniuk's more simple concepts, it is fantastic. The anti consumerism connotations melded with his twisted mind make for great great story telling.

And David Fincher, I'm very very happy with his directing in this. It is very hard to capture everything that is the fight club novel, well anything by Palahniuk - (see 'Choke' for how NOT to do it) and he has done it perfectly (in my opinion better than the book)
#9 - The ninth rule of Fight Club is you do NOT talk about Fight Club. Until the movie is about 10 years old, of course

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I'm glad you understand I guess.

Really Im just digging myself deeper into this, so I will just stop. I liked the movie, I thought it was well made.
But Square made a good point about there being lack of story. Its been a while since I watched it so perhaps my views will have changed as well.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I'm glad you understand I guess.

Really Im just digging myself deeper into this, so I will just stop. I liked the movie, I thought it was well made.
But Square made a good point about there being lack of story. Its been a while since I watched it so perhaps my views will have changed as well.

The movie's production side is actually not that bad. How the "twist" was revealed at the end was a pretty clever visual trick. That's the obvious one, but the visuals as whole aren't that bad.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
The movie's production side is actually not that bad. How the "twist" was revealed at the end was a pretty clever visual trick. That's the obvious one, but the visuals as whole aren't that bad.

Yeah, how they kept flashing Tyler through out the beginning was a neat trick I thought. As well as some of the dialogue choices like the 'sometimes Tyler spoke for me.'
"he fell down some stairs."
'I fell down some stairs."

Awards
the reason it's as good as it is is because david fincher directed it and edward norton and brad pitt were in it

it's the gritty visual mise-en-scene that draws you in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back