• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFXII opinion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

baller4eva14

I just got my FFXII game and I also have a translation to tell me what they are saying. I've played some parts of the intro up to seeing a FMV of this prince guy (forgot his name) talking to the people of Dalmasca . Is the story to this game going to get better. cause the gameplay battle looks stupid. walking around ten seconds waiting to attack. is this game going to get better because I don't want to waste my time with this game. it reminds me of FFXI

New2Ya

I'm lost...
1st. You are at 1/100th of the story and you're already judging it. The story gets a lot of intersting plot twists, I assure you.

2nd. Main essence of the battle system is that it isnt boring like we know from older FFs (running around till a random battle occurs)
Just walk through the area and you will find enemies... they wont just crawl to you, sometimes you gotta search yourself.

3rd. The only connection it has with FFXI is that the battle system is partly based on it.

4th. Play the game. Seriously, you are nowhere near anything interesting so far. The game had literally PERFECT reviews from almost every source, so you might either wait for the English version (I know I would) or continue playing and find out the game rocks. ;)

Have fun, I wish I had the copy of the game.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
I think I'm going to enjoy that game when its released in the states. I loved FFTA and the Ivalice they portrayed and FFXII seems to be the game Mewt and Marche were talking about, therefore its automatically a great game in my eyes.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Uh huh, the game Final Fantasy Mewt and Marsche were playing is in fact Final Fantasy XII. Everything in FFTA and FFXII are hinting towards that.

The races for one, that are introduced in FFXII (FFXII was in the making far before FFTA was, but FFTA was finished far earlier, lol) are back in FFTA.
Musical themes in FFTA are based on some FFXII tracks and the other way around.
The places in FF12 are also in FFTA... The areas I mean...
Characters from FF12 are present in FFTA (MontBlanc and Nono) and serve the same role...

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
1up said:
In a sense, though, FFXII was one of Square Enix's first steps toward its polymorphic future; many fans believe that FFXII's story is the tale being read by the hero of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance during the game's opening sequence. Yoshida dismisses that theory, but acknowledges a connection between the two titles.

Just like to point out that while the game's are contended by the world, thats really the only way they are connected. Same world.

FF12 will own all FFs. T_T

1up said:
"Final Fantasy XII takes place in Ivalice, a world which was used in FFTA," he acknowledges. "However, Tactics and FFXII are two different games, and the stories are completely unrelated. The only real connection is that the names of FFTA's summoned beasts are the airships in FFXII. But that's about the only thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back