• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFVIII Question - need answers quick

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDood

Yeah, if you actually played the game.. when you press L1 or R1 (I forget) he will shoot the enemy as he hits them

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, if you actually played the game.. when you press L1 or R1 (I forget) he will shoot the enemy as he hits them
I'll clear this one up straight away. Quistis tells you "Press R1 to pull the trigger." That doesn't mean it shoots buullets. That means it fires a round and causes a critical hit. Firing the round is just like a explosion. It's not a buller fired.

Clone

lol, i dont think it uses bullets but the trigger does create some kind of explosion to cause the critical damage.

S

Shadow Soldier

Well, the only reference we know of the gunblade shooting bullets, is the opening scene with Seifer shooting.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I don't think it shoots bullets but merely firey like explosions caused by vibrations or something I would assume. I would also say that since it doesn't have barrel that it can't shoot bullets but it does have a shell ejector or what appears to be one anyways. This is FF of course and many things just can't be explained.

I missed that bit. Didn't he just use a fire spell?
In the opening Seifer just uses fire and not the gunblade, he never shoots anything.

Xidon

Not highscoring in life
It shoots fire spheres, not shells, not bullets. Thats the only thing that was shot out of the Gunblade in the whole game.
Fight Leon/Squall in KH1/2 and you'll see that he summons a fire sphere which takes a while to load.

Yo Ichi TK, if you have a quick geeze at the design of the Gunblade, you'll see that the blade starts upon where you load your gun, there is no barrell. So one would assume that the bullet under fire, would simply cause a slight combustion and vibration upon fire.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Well, it has bullet.

GunbladeopeningFFVIII.jpg

This pic is official. If it has bullet, logically, it should be able to shoot. Wasn't Yazoo's (FF7AC) weapon a gunblade too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back