• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFVII PC 502 Bad Gateway Error?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So, I'm hoping that someone here has dealt with this issue and knows a fix? I just purchased Final Fantasy VII PC from Steam yesterday, and as soon as I launch the game it asks me to sign in using my Square account or facebook (which I honestly don't understand why to begin with?). After I log in with one or the other, I get "502 Bad Gateway Error." I've searched and googled the problem, and I'm definitely not the only one. I've tried just about every solution I've seen people give for this, and none seem to work for me. Anybody know how to deal with this?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I asked one of my friends who's a bit of a computer wizard, and he described it just like this:
It's not him, it's the site. A 502 error is basically a computer's way of saying 'wtf man, I can't get through'! So it's possible the issue will resolve itself in a day or two once the gateway is restored.

I honestly don't know how that helps much, and I know how Steam is with refunds. Sorry this is all I've got to offer, here.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So basically the issue is that they want me to connect to them online using an account to play a single player game, but I can't because they're having an issue? That's a pretty dumb problem to me, I wonder if I can figure out a way to play the game in offline mode or something.

Thanks for asking around Chibi, hopefully I get lucky and it really will fix itself, otherwise I have a useless PC copy of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back