• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFVII not working...please help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member XIV

Ok, well I decided to replay my FFVII. So I got to the part in Rocket town where I just beat palmer, and cloud and cid escape on the tiny bronco into the ocean. As soon as it crashes into the ocean, my PS2 makes a funny sound then the game freezes. This didn't happen on my first play through.

What can I do, is the disk broken, it's wierd, because everything else works fine.

Eternal Redemption

last in line
Clean it with a bit of spit and a soft cloth it worked when my FFVII disk stopped working or a PS3 plays any disk being stupid without probs my KH2 didnt work on my PS2 any more I tryed the spit trick it didnt work put it in my PS3 and was as good as new

Member XIV

0_0

Spit trick, I tried cleaning it with a bit of water...but spit? idk, I'll try it, I'm getting tired of fighting Palmer 100 times lol

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Just buy a disk lens cleaner from best buy you can get them for like 10$ it will clean your ps2 lens and it should then be able to read the game disk better.

Eternal Redemption

last in line
Are you suggesting Im an Idiot Im not joking Spit works so what if its acidic it probably makes the disk even better by melting it away a disk cleaner that contains propane is even better but spit is free after all Propane is a bit expensive

I prove my case right I just cleaned my Gladiator movie that wasnt working with spit and you know what it works now!!

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
Are you suggesting Im an Idiot Im not joking Spit works so what if its acidic it probably makes the disk even better by melting it away a disk cleaner that contains propane is even better but spit is free after all Propane is a bit expensive

i wasn't calling you one. Just the act of using spit to clean a CD.

so what if its acidic it probably makes the disk even better by melting it

HAHAHAHA. you're funny. Melting away at the disk would just make the problem worse.

a disk cleaner that contains propane is even better but spit is free after all Propane is a bit expensive

Propane evaporates very quickly, thus not damaging the disk at all.
Disk Cleaners are cheap.

I prove my case right I just cleaned my Gladiator movie that wasnt working with spit and you know what it works now!!

pictures of it or it never happened.

TO MEMBER XIV:
Do not use spit to clean your disk.

Eternal Redemption

last in line
The data in the disk is in its center where the ring is the layer around it is the data the data spreads when the console spreads the data on the rest of the disk and lets it be read if the disk is scracthed it means the lens dont read it no more so aslong as you dont put the spit on the center area itll work after all you want it to work dont you didnt you know that its the first thing I learnt in the CDs chapter in my COM book duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back