• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFT Art: Ramza and Alma - Love on the Wing (WARNING: mature themes)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myst Knight

Awards
Rated MATURE for Ideologically sensitive material (forbidden sibling romance). For OLDER TEEN AND UP.

This turned out to be a rather complicated edit. Ramza holds Alma as they walk together in a blustery gale.

ramzaalmawalkinghugwindy3_zpst7s6ttzc.png

Alternate version:

ramzaalmawalkinghugschoolwindy3_zpspxmhx79e.png

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It's certainly cute seeing them drawn together like that. Alma reminds me of someone famous having to hold her skirt down, but I can't remember the name for the life of me at this moment. I think you've done a nice job drawing them together like that. And Ramza certainly is muscular an handsome to say the least. No wonder he catches quite a few ladies eyes. xD

Myst Knight

Awards
Thanks! Some draw Ramza as more effeminate, but even he looks masculine when put next to Alma. Even in fanfics, Alma brings out a certain manliness in Ramza, which is why it's so easy to pair the two up. :)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm not sure what I think about the subject material, though I love Tactics, but you definitely need more practice. The pieces feel very flat, you need more dimension (i.e. Alma's vest is just two vertical panels, no wrinkle, no volume, etc.)

It's certainly cute seeing them drawn together like that. Alma reminds me of someone famous having to hold her skirt down, but I can't remember the name for the life of me at this moment.

Marilyn Monroe?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Your art's good, I just don't see the match up really :)

I've played this game like 10 times, and it was always clear to me that Ramza was completely disinterested in romance from the get-go. He's just the hero type, and I liked that his character didn't have to include a man or a woman in his life for once. Just seeing this art of Ramza in a relationship at all is weird enough, and I just don't know how I feel about a Ramza x Alma pair-up. I guess I don't see it in the games at all, but fanfiction will be fanfiction :)

Myst Knight

Awards
I'm not sure what I think about the subject material, though I love Tactics, but you definitely need more practice. The pieces feel very flat, you need more dimension (i.e. Alma's vest is just two vertical panels, no wrinkle, no volume, etc.)

Would adding more details like lines for bulges and wrinkles improve it, in your opinion?

@gronodonthegreat: Yeah, I know I'm courting controversy with this pairing. Of course, my pictures/stories aren't meant as an endorsement of anything; they're just for my own amusement. But as far as fanfiction is concerned, it's actually scary how well I can get it to work in a story. I don't think I would've attempted stuff like this if it didn't end up clicking so well with me.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Would adding more details like lines for bulges and wrinkles improve it, in your opinion?

@gronodonthegreat: Yeah, I know I'm courting controversy with this pairing. Of course, my pictures/stories aren't meant as an endorsement of anything; they're just for my own amusement. But as far as fanfiction is concerned, it's actually scary how well I can get it to work in a story. I don't think I would've attempted stuff like this if it didn't end up clicking so well with me.

Oh, the controversy doesn't bother me, lol. If it's two fictional characters, I don't really mind the incestual pairings, you know? It's just my personal opinion, I didn't really see it in the original game :p

Myst Knight

Awards
Oh, the controversy doesn't bother me, lol. If it's two fictional characters, I don't really mind the incestual pairings, you know? It's just my personal opinion, I didn't really see it in the original game :p

Oh, that's fine. It is fanon, no matter what I do. :)

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

More shading, value, definition. The clothes don't necessarily need wrinkles or bulges per se, though it certainly would make it a bit more realistic, which I know sounds kindof ridiculous when we are drawing anime characters. It mostly caught my eye, because Alma obviously has breasts here, but the vest just lays flat over what should be a more three dimensional surface.

I can also tell there was a lot of effort put into the dress, which makes everything else seem a bit bland in comparison. Also, the backside of the dress looks a tad better than the front side, as the folds seem to be proportionate, but coming around to the front it looks as though the sides are rolled up under eachother and the front piece of fabric looks disconnected almost. If you would have continued the pleating detail all the way around, I think it would have had a better effect.

Same thing with the petticoat; if it had continue all the way around in up and down waves, it might not looks so disjointed, but here it looks like three different pieces of fabric.

Myst Knight

Awards
More shading, value, definition. The clothes don't necessarily need wrinkles or bulges per se, though it certainly would make it a bit more realistic, which I know sounds kindof ridiculous when we are drawing anime characters. It mostly caught my eye, because Alma obviously has breasts here, but the vest just lays flat over what should be a more three dimensional surface. I can also tell there was a lot of effort put into the dress, which makes everything else seem a bit bland in comparison. Also, the backside of the dress looks a tad better than the front side, as the folds seem to be proportionate, but coming around to the front it looks as though the sides are rolled up under eachother and the front piece of fabric looks disconnected almost. If you would have continued the pleating detail all the way around, I think it would have had a better effect. Same thing with the petticoat; if it had continue all the way around in up and down waves, it might not looks so disjointed, but here it looks like three different pieces of fabric.
To tell the truth, I'm a little naive when it comes to messing with value on pictures. Though I generally like my pictures, I admit it might be a useful thing to know in the future. Thanks for the comments.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm going to take this time and encourage you to really get more involved in the art forums here. By more involved I mean commenting on other's work and trying new pieces yourself. You seem to be REALLY focused on this specific subject material with varying minor tweaks. Doing this may help the community and your art grow. Just a recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back