• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

<<<~ffffuuuuu~>>> FORCED CHOSEN ONE IS FORCED (A Sora Hateclub) <<<~ffffuuuuu~>>>

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqualung

<<<~ffffuuuuu~>>> FORCED CHOSEN ONE IS FORCED (A Sora Hateclub) <<<~ffffuuuuu~>>>

soradies.png

Club Icon:

nosorazone.png

“It’s not the case that when Sora’s story is over another hero’s story will begin; Sora will be the hero until the end.” -Tetsuya Nomura
According to Nomura, WE'RE STUCK WITH THE BRAT!

A long, long time ago… in a topic far, far away…

KINGDOM HEARTS EPISODE III: SORA DIES

It is a period of unrest among Kingdom Hearts fans. Tetsuya Nomura has announced in one of his interviews that "Sora will remain the hero until the very end."

But the fans hated Sora, because he lacked a substantial amount of character development for a game series that has progressed across many different titles, with Sora remaining his simple-minded and reckless self all the way through the franchise.

During the release of Kingdom Hearts 3, fans found a way to go into the game, and KILL SORA to replace him with any other @$$ kicking keyblade wielder of their choice that wasn't touted around as "The Chosen One" without any other reason that sets them apart from the other keyblade users.

Taking a chance, they marched into the game to kill Sora. But they were too few, as it was only a few friends that had went in to kill him. Having barely escaped with their lives, they came to these forums to seek aid, and to share their hatred of Sora with those brave enough to hate him, in hopes that they would one day put an end to Sora's hogging of the spotlight and bring balance to the universe of Kingdom Hearts…

-----

Everyone LOVES Sora right? He's just your average kid who happens to be thrown right into the middle of a bad situation, and yet he just goes CHARGIN' off to SAVE THE DAY, WHOOOOOO!! Sarcasm aside, there are several notable things that make Sora a very HATEABLE character. Wait a minute… Hate? SORA? Can those two words even be used in the same sentence? *Checks dictionary* WHY YES THEY CAN, and that is what this club is all about!

WHY SORA SUCKS:

1. Sora, often rather than thinking for himself, is more of a follower to the point where the commands of others become his sole reason for his journey. In other words, Sora is a complete TOOL.

Sora started out his story as a follower and not an initiator. To some degree he makes his own decisions more frequently, but much of the time he just goes with the crowd. He only wanted to leave the island because Kairi and Riku suggested it. He would've been all too happy to stay in his homeworld if heartless attacks never occurred and he didn't let peer pressure get to him. When he arrives in Traverse Town, he questions why the key chose him but doesn't really do anything to defy the role of "Chosen One" (and you'll see just how ridiculous this title for him has become if you continue reading) forced upon him. When Donald and Goofy come along, he just blindly agrees to go on an adventure with them at the behest of the FF cast. When he wakes up having lost all his memories of Organization XIII from CoM in KH2, Yen Sid tells him that they are evil, and he proceeds to go on a crusade against all Nobodies, to the point of yelling like a bloodthirsty psycho for MORE to kill after fighting Demyx.

2. Sora is reckless and neglectful of his surroundings to the point of being ignorant.

He is all too eager to break rules and not care if it makes matters worse, and he's too neglectful for his own good. Having no experience with a gummi-ship, he just up and grabs the controls from Donald right over Deep Jungle. They all could've possibly DIED in the resulting accident were they not so lucky, and it would've all been Sora's fault. Sora would interfere with a world's affairs, and then fail to pay attention to the results of his meddling. Two princesses of heart were kidnapped thanks to Sora's neglect. When Riku appeared to him in Traverse Town, Sora was too busy bragging about his travels to even notice that his best friend Riku had left and later was STANDING NEXT TO MALEFICENT RIGHT OUTSIDE THE ABANDONED WAREHOUSE!
Spoiler Spoiler Show
But did Sora at least TRY to contemplate the extent of what meddling could do to a world? HELL NO! In fact, Nomura has all but dropped that convention of meddling from their storyline since the first couple worlds of the first Kingdom Hearts game, thus eliminating some depth from the storyline all because of Sora's actions!

3. Sora is a hypocrite.

Sora fights against Organization XIII because they are trying to get their hearts back and resort to methods that aren't always the ethical way of doing so. He paints them as evil individuals almost solely due to the fact that they cannot feel remorse, guilt, or pity, yet SORA HIMSELF displays these same qualities whenever he fights them. Sora clamors about how his friends are his power and what-not, yet most of the time he displays that he cares more about complete strangers he just met on his journey (Donald and Goofy, along with the wide variety of guest characters he comes across on his travels) than his actual friends he had already known for years (Riku and Kairi). Usually it's not until close to the very end of each game in the series that his concern for Riku and Kairi are intensified, most of the time he's having too much fun meddling in worlds. Sound familiar? Yeah, Riku hit the nail on the head when he said that Sora cared more about "showing off that keyblade." Except he CONTINUED doing just that in Kingdom Hearts 2!
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Sora has very little qualms about fighting Riku when he's at Hollow Bastion and shows almost no indications of wanting his best friend to come back to the light, instead he just goes at him swinging. If Kairi were to turn evil for whatever reason, Sora most likely would've done the same since he seemed to care about her just as little.

4. Sora is forced upon the player as "The Hero" from the very start with little backstory or explanation of his powers, and because of this he is easily replaceable.

Kingdom Hearts 1 gives almost no backstory to him except for the setting in which the game started.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
He has appeared in, taken the main role of, or was at least mentioned in nearly every Kingdom Hearts game in existence.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

5. Sora's motives fluctuate back and forth throughout his journey, with almost no real path or plan for development

From wanting to go home, to wanting to save his friends, to wanting to kill bad guy after bad guy and chillin' in the worlds. Between charging headfirst and ripping to shreds with the keyblade, to feeling bad for his enemies and wanting to get his memories back, to wanting to kill any Org. XIII member that so much as twitches a finger. Sora can't seem to make up his mind as to why he is saving the world. This happens so much yet he changes so little as a result, that his character development is more like a John Madden football game plan than a singular path to maturity.

So there you have it. Five VERY GOOD REASONS to hate Sora!

Mascot:
0.jpg

Female @$$ kicker of the Kingdom Hearts universe, one of MANY characters who are more developed than Sora, and possible successor to the "Chosen One" title unjustly held by him!

Alternatives:

It's not too late, you can get help! There are keybladers who kick just as much @$$ as Sora, and who could easily replace him as the main hero of the series!

Founder: Aqualung

Members:

Aqualung | june | Xion_Z_Forgotten
AxelYoYo | CadenLuminara137 |YUPPP
Weeaboo

COME ON DOWN, WE NEED YOU! If you dislike Sora more than you enjoy him for any of the above reasons, or any of the simplified reasons below:

1 and 2. You think Sora is easily manipulated and is very shallow in his decision making.

3. You think Sora is hypocritical in how he treats his enemies and what his motives are (saving his friends when they aren't his driving reason for his quest except at the very end of each game) and is overly vindictive towards Org. XIII (This is not an Org. XIII fanclub, there's major differences :p).

4. You think Nomura shoves him down your throat as a main character or as someone with major impact on the story, or you're just tired of Sora and think BBS was a godsend because it was the one game where Sora had the least presence (and hopefully won't be the last).

5. You think Sora swings back and forth between his motives which leads to barely any character development for him, and you think KH games have become repetitive because of this...

THEN THIS CLUB IS FOR YOU!

GALLERY

Member Creations:

Nothing as of yet.

Third-party Creations:

All works listed here are credited to their original authors.

Duck Hunt
"Unlock THIS!"
"That's for taking my freedom!"
"Got it MEMORIZED, punk?!"
Sora CAN speak whale, it's too bad he sucks at it!
Sora is Kingdom Hearts's REAL Aeris
When Sora thinks
How embarrassing...
Demyx-style PWNage!
DENIED!
Team Sora's blasting off agaaaaaaain!
Mission: Kill Sora

Anything you can contribute, whether it's fanart, videos, reasons to hate Sora, whatever, is MUCH APPRECIATED! :D To contribute, just go ahead and post it in this thread, and I will update whenever I can!

RULES

1. NO FLAMING

Keep the hate to SORA only and don't hate his fans, Sora fans please respect our opinions and we will respect yours.

2. ABSOLUTELY NO RIPPING

If you post artwork here claiming that it's yours and I find out that you ripped it from someone, I will personally kick you out of the HC and you will be left for the moderators to deal with.

sorasmash.png

Last edited:

huanglulu

Re: <-<-< The SORA HATE Club >->->

Hi not joining goodluck to the club and you might want to remove the spoiler for BBS or spoiler tag it :D

Last edited:

Aqualung

Re: <-<-< The SORA HATE Club >->->

Hi not joining goodluck to the club and you might want to remove the spoiler for BBS or spoiler tag it :D

Thank you, I mistyped the spoiler tags and then forgot them on the edit, sorry!

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Re: <<<FFFFUUUUU>>> FORCED CHOSEN ONE IS FORCED (A Sora Hateclub) <<<FFFFUUUUU>>>

Good luck getting anybody to join.

SORA IS kingdom hearts. he was the main character in the first one, thus creating the fandom himself, by everything he did in that game. Without him, kingdom hearts wouldn't be kingdom hearts as we know it.

GOod luck!

Rix

:)
Awards
Re: <<<FFFFUUUUU>>> FORCED CHOSEN ONE IS FORCED (A Sora Hateclub) <<<FFFFUUUUU>>>

Actually, I do believe that Sora has many haters and was actually surprised this HC wasn't made already and I'm surprised noone has joined yet.

BTW. I'm a Sora fan and not joining.

june

Re: <<<~FFFFUUUUU~>>> FORCED CHOSEN ONE IS FORCED (A Sora Hateclub) <<<~FFFFUUUUU~>>>

I was thinking about creating this club

I AM SO FUCKING JOINING!!!!!

Aqualung

Re: <<<~FFFFUUUUU~>>> FORCED CHOSEN ONE IS FORCED (A Sora Hateclub) <<<~FFFFUUUUU~>>>

I was thinking about creating this club

I AM SO LOVING JOINING!!!!!

YAY I'm not alone lol!

Welcome to the club! :D

Last edited:

αsiя

space coke

hmm ziz will be here any time soon.

Aqualung

hey, look!!
What_are_you_looking_at__Pug__by_ImageC0rrupt3d.jpg

I so love this xD

It's more cute than anything, something like that belongs in a FC not a HC.

Last edited:

Xion_Z_Forgotten

me, join, please?

I hate Sora with a vengance, he is just so, argghhhh, loving that we haven't had to play as him for a while days and bbs were a godsend!

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

You make this sound more like a "aqua is better than sora" club

Z

Zulkir

AAAAAAHAHAHAHHA not joining but your OP is hilarious!

Aqualung

I only use Aqua as examples where I could. There are other keyblade masters who are better than Sora in a few of these areas (Riku is one of them, as he tends to think more about gray areas than Sora who paints everything black and white as much as he can)

Also, I'm an Aqua fan, hence why I picked her as a mascot. Doesn't mean she's the only one better than Sora. One of the things I do like about her so much is that when it comes to solving problems, she tends to have a level of critical thinking that is a stark contrast to Sora's a lot of the time.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

me, join, please?

I hate Sora with a vengance, he is just so, argghhhh, loving that we haven't had to play as him for a while days and bbs were a godsend!

Welcome aboard!

Yeah, I really appreciated that there were finally two games where you completely took a break from playing as Sora, it was actually one of the only things about Days that I liked. If you had to play as Sora in that game, I probably would have returned it a lot sooner lol. BBS was absolutely WONDERFUL, and it introduced me to my new favorite character in the entire series (guess who that is, hahaha XD).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xion_Z_Forgotten

Ah yeah, glad Aqua's our mascot she is one of the most awesome female characters and best main by far, man, next game i hope Vanitas comes back and owns Sora!

Aqualung

Ah yeah, glad Aqua's our mascot she is one of the most awesome female characters and best main by far, man, next game i hope Vanitas comes back and owns Sora!

Yeah I just joined the Aqua fanclub and started a game where you made up "facts" about Aqua similar to Chuck Norris "facts." I could've picked anyone as our mascot, but I wanted it to be someone that was one of the good guys so that this didn't seem like every other Sora hateclub I've seen elsewhere that have Org. XIII guys as their mascots and then everyone accuses them of only hating Sora because they like the villains. I also wanted them to be keyblade users so it would look like there was an alternative in mind to if Sora ever became unable to continue his journey (which is what I'm personally hoping for in future games, even if it's only temporary). Then I picked my favorite keyblade user other than Sora and there you have our mascot. :D

Tomorrow I'm going to work on some drawings of mine and then scan them to do stuff in Photoshop for this HC. I don't wanna keep the gallery empty forever lol, I'm going to implement it soon.

I'm going to have two separate sectios of the main gallery: Work that was done by me and users within this group, and work that was found online with credit given to their original artists. That way, it'll be easier to identify any talent within this group, and it will also keep our gallery better organized.

EDIT: I added the Gallery section, still working on some of my own drawings to submit later.

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Agreed. And while I'm a bigger Aqua fan than I am a Sora fan (only by a little), I really don't think that Sora's going to be replaced by her (or anyone) anytime soon. It's Sora's Story, after all.

Also, note I am not joining/ =/

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Implying that Sora doesn't think for himself? Sora isn't some mindless drone that does whatever he's told." But Yen sid said the Org's were baddies" And the Org. did NOTHING to him wrong. In fact there the one who attacked SORA first after shortly arriving in hollow bastion. And Riku (albeit not in control at that time) tries to steal Kairi's heart and then he is forced to fight his best friend in order to stop him pretty similar to a certain BBS scene isn't it?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora's role in BBS was relatively small, it was not much bigger then riku's all it did was explain why Roxas looks like Ven.

Last edited:

Aqualung

Re: <<<~ffffuuuuu~>>> FORCED CHOSEN ONE IS FORCED (A Sora Hateclub) <<<~ffffuuuuu~>>>

Finally added the gallery yesterday, but couldn't put the update here because I would've been double posting. D: Thankfully Xion_Z made a post, and now that I'm awake I can inform you all of the wonderful new addition to our HC!

The Gallery contains all fan art relating to our HC's subject. The gallery is split into two sections:

1. Art that is made by members of our club

2. Art that is made by third parties with credit given to them for the works.

The following has been added to the gallery:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/135/f/b/Target_Practice_by_FinalChara.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs15/i/2007/020/0/6/Unlock_This_by_Cerulesta.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/194/d/a/Sora_vs__Roxas_by_TheCandyRobot.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/128/1/f/The_name_Axel_got_it_memorized_by_EricaB.jpg
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs14/300W/f/2007/098/4/5/KH___Whale_Talk_by_TimBurtonClone.png
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/312/3/1/Sora_vs_Sephiroth_by_Rayanz.jpg

Implying that Sora doesn't think for himself? Sora isn't some mindless drone that does whatever he's told." But Yen sid said the Org's were baddies" And the Org. did NOTHING to him wrong. In fact there the one who attacked SORA first after shortly arriving in hollow bastion.

I wasn't saying Sora doesn't think for himself at all, there are times where he does (Namely, the scene at Hollow Bastion where Riku gains his keyblade and he decides to continue his journey to get his friends back, along the debate scene with Xemnas at The World that Never Was where Sora concludes that the elements of darkness and nothing isn't automatically evil, but that it's the motives that determine whether or not it's evil. In fact, one of the many things I want to see in upcoming Kingdom Hearts titles is a villain who is actually of the LIGHT realm).

However, while Org. XIII DID do actions that only fueled Sora's hatred for them, look at the CONTEXT of when Yen Sid tells Sora about Org. XIII: Sora had NO memories of them whatsoever. His memories of the events at Castle Oblivion were erased by Naminé to get his original memories back. From Sora's point of view Yen Sid's briefing is his first time ever hearing of them, yet without any informed opinion of his own that would have been gained by examining what they are trying to do or their methods of achieving their goal first before coming to a conclusion, Sora simply decides that they are evil. I do understand that Sora is CAPABLE of thinking for himself, my point is that more often than not, he doesn't. =\

And Riku (albeit not in control at that time) tries to steal Kairi's heart and then he is forced to fight his best friend in order to stop him pretty similar to a certain BBS scene isn't it?

Except the problem is that when Sora sees Riku again at Hollow Bastion, he doesn't even try to persuade him to turn back to the light, all he does is explain about how his friends are his power, gets his keyblade back, and then fights Riku. Note that this is BEFORE Ansem possesses him, when he Riku can actually make his own decisions. Remember that all Riku really wanted to do was SAVE KAIRI, all Sora had to do was agree to help him with only THAT (which he did ANYWAY when he released Kairi's heart) and he wouldn't have had to fight Riku. In fact, Riku might have never been possessed by Ansem if Sora did this, since Riku's motives for allowing Ansem's possession were after he lost to Sora.

Sora's role in BBS was relatively small, it was not much bigger then riku's all it did was explain why Roxas looks like Ven.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yet again, Sora has a severe impact on Kingdom Hearts's storyline without being anything more than an ordinary person. I understand that Nomura wanted to put forward a character that was completely ordinary, yet the problem with implementing those types as a hero is that ANYONE ELSE could have done what they can. Usually there is a REASON why ordinaries are given a heroic role in a story:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back