• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF7 REMAKE GameInformer Article *NEW*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxyrt

Website
www.myspace.com
~Article from the latest Game Informer Magazine~

In a story that seems to change with every month, the remake of Final Fantasy VII appears to not be happening...unless it does. In japanese magazine Dorimaga, series character designer Tetsuya Nomura said, "we're absolutely not making [such a game]." However, director Yoshinori Kitase, countered, "As long as there are people who want to make it and people who are waiting for it, we don't want to proclaim 'The End'." We want it. You want it. So make it already!

-end article-

I hope they really make this!!! But, that would mean another distraction for Nomura, to set back the next Kingdom Hearts installment??? :confused:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Pretty old. Sometime down the road, they'll get to it, with the new staff.

But even if they were going to make it, I'd take it over a Kingdom Hearts game any day of the week.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
If was going to happen it won't be this gen or it will be the end of this gen..

He said after FFVS, KH is next.. Form what I heard he wanted to quit work on FFVS to go work on the next KH games..

So him and Square will be very busy with all these projects.. I Just dont see it happening..

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
If was going to happen it won't be this gen or it will be the end of this gen..

He said after FFVS, KH is next.. Form what I heard he wanted to quit work on FFVS to go work on the next KH games..

So him and Square will be very busy with all these projects.. I Just dont see it happening..

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be Nomura's last fling with Final Fantasy.

I could see a KH handheld game being squeaked in between 2 and 3.

S

Shadow Soldier

Really? There are threads about this still being made? Why can't there just be a stickied thread about the so called "re-make". I don't want a remake of FFVII, it doesn't deserve it. Give the remake to VIII or IX. And leave KH alone for a while.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Really? There are threads about this still being made? Why can't there just be a stickied thread about the so called "re-make". I don't want a remake of FFVII, it doesn't deserve it. Give the remake to VIII or IX. And leave KH alone for a while.

Agreed, a FFIX or FFVI remake would be make be a PS3.. But I would like to see them on the DS if anything though..

New2Ya

I'm lost...
If they go remake FF7-9, please not on DS. Graphics dont need to be downgraded, if anything...

I think I love you! Though Im not complaining if FF7 gets remade. The bigger the chance that FF8 gets remade later on (see FF3 -> FF4)

S

Shadow Soldier

I won't complain, I just disagree with the decision of it being remade. FFVIII was underrated for many reasons, it wasn't appreciated enough. I thought the Junction system was better than materia. Mainly because the Junction would determine how the battle was played out, you equipped the wrong junction, you would absorb double damage or something. It was genius.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I won't complain, I just disagree with the decision of it being remade. FFVIII was underrated for many reasons, it wasn't appreciated enough. I thought the Junction system was better than materia. Mainly because the Junction would determine how the battle was played out, you equipped the wrong junction, you would absorb double damage or something. It was genius.
I never knew you liked FFVIII. o_O

I gotta admit, the story of FFVIII had its flaws and the characters should've gotten more background stories, but all in all the game grew on me a lot more than FFVII did.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
How bout they dont do any remakes of games or squels for awhileand just concentrate on the games they are making and going to make. I mean come on the idea of the FFVII remake isnt going to happen. Let alone there wont be a FFVIII remake. I dont want to see any remakes. I want to see a new story with new characters or squel to KH.

S

Shadow Soldier

I never knew you liked FFVIII. o_O

I gotta admit, the story of FFVIII had its flaws and the characters should've gotten more background stories, but all in all the game grew on me a lot more than FFVII did.

I was hooked on it. I agree that the characters needed a better story behind them. Because it was kinda like Link in the Zelda games, not much behind him. But I love the triple triad mini game, I think that should have stayed in every game.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Liek Shadow said, FFVII does not deserve a remake. It sucked too much. I love FFVIII to a fault. It's the best out of the FF games in my opinion. It should get a remake for it was a far better game. Also Squall is beter and stronger then stupid Cloud.

S

Shadow Soldier

Liek Shadow said, FFVII does not deserve a remake. It sucked too much. I love FFVIII to a fault. It's the best out of the FF games in my opinion. It should get a remake for it was a far better game. Also Squall is beter and stronger then stupid Cloud.

Uh.. I don't think it sucked, I just think there are better FF's.

Sophia Esteed said:
Meh...VII is a good game. WHat ruins it is the fanbase. No remake for me, a simple PORT for PSP would suffice...

I agree, that's all it really needs. Why fix something that isn't broken?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I hope there is no remake of FFVII or FFVIII. i loved both games and all the characters but i rather not see them ruin that with another stupid story just so they could put those characters back into a FF. Just make KH with them maybe and let the remakes go.

S

Shadow Soldier

Another stupid story? It makes me wonder if you even know what the term, "remake" means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back