• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF7 help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
You ahve to catch them on the field....One Near Icicle Inn and the rest you can get neer mideel...The nuts you can get from fighting the red monsters on the grassy area's near icile in and the zeio nuts you get from goblins on a small island that you can reach by airship.

^ very rudimentary....use gamefaqs something more in depth..

When you catch it it asks if you want to send it too the stable....Easy squezy

Edit:Actually you get asked when you get off the caught chocobo....Just remembered. Sorry.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
here are the things u need to know.

1.) First, you need two chocobos, 1 great and 1 good. The great can be found neer mideel when u fight two spirals w/ the chocobo. you can also find the good next to the gold saucer with the two spencers alongside w/ the chocobo. Next, mate the two chocobos (remember they must be the opposite sex) with a carob nut. carob nuts can be stolen from that red dinosaur guy near bone village. I believe if the great chocobo is the male and the female is the good, u get a river chocobo (blue). vice versa to make a mountain chocobo (green) (however, i have done it before where the i used the same two chocobos to make both the river and the mountain.)

2.) to acquire a black chocobo, u must mate the river and mountain chocobo w/ a carob nut. make sure both chocobos are at high rank levels (at least A) for the chocobo racing. To make a fast chocobo, feed it 15 syllikis? greens that you can buy from the chocobo sage near icicle inn.

3.) to acquire the gold chocobo, u must mate the black chocobo w/ a wonderful chocobo, which can be found near the icicle inn fighting along side with those two bunny enemies. Increase their ranks and mate them w/ a zeio nut (which can be found in the north-eastern part of the map on an island called goblin island where you can steal them from goblins). If you follow all of these steps, u will receive a gold chocobo.

Mountain---------you can get the Mime materia near wutai
River---------------you can get the quatra materia near mideel
Black (mount+river)---you can get the HP-MP switch materia near the gold saucer
Gold-----------------Knights of the round summon in the north-eastern corner of the map

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i forgot to add this. if you really don't want to breed chocobos, you can always fight ruby weapon then take the "desert rose" (that's the item you get for defeating ruby weapon) over to the old man in Kalm. The old man will give u a gold chocobo

K

Kegluneq

Ruby weapon appears when you defeat ultima weapon ( the flying dragon) once you defeat him you'll see a something red sticking out of the sand near the gold saucer.
Just get Knights of the round and all the other materia then worry about Ruby.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
Riku the law said:
ok then how do i beat him he is freaking hard without knights of teh round

lol, that is kindof true. however, must strategy guides advise you not to use knights of the round because if you use it on him, he will resort to using ultima (which is a pain in the ass). my strategy guide told me to use bahumut ZERO a bunch of times, but that doesn't work well in my opinion. you could always use a the quadra support materia in this cave on an island near mideel. pair the quadra materia which any strong magic (i don't think summons work). use that against ruby. every time i played ruby, i used knights of the round, but im not saying that if you don't use knights of the round you will lose. i great thing to have is the final attack (mastered is always a good thing) paired with life 2, so if you die you revive yourself. make sure you have plenty of elixirs and/or megalixirs, and if you don't, use the w-item glitch by making more of them. some other guides claim you should come into the battle with two of your party members dead so when ruby burries its claws, you should bring them back to life and hammer away on ruby. one other site claims that if you use hades, it will temporarily paralyze ruby. thats about all i can say right now. if i were you, i would go ahead and breed chocobos, but this is another option

K

Kegluneq

I know as a matter a fact that summoning Hades will Paralyze Ruby , thats what I start with first :D. If you come into battle with 2 of your party members dead I dont think he revives them but instead just ignores them and instead of using Life2 with Final Attack you can Also master a pheonix materia and when you die the pheonix will be able to bring you back to life 5 times and deal some dammage I think, I'm not sure about dammage but it does bring you back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back