• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF survey, if you wouldn't mind~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
hi everyone c:

So I'm currently doing a project on the Final Fantasy series (focusing on the art involved) and I'd really like to include some fan-based opinions and feelings towards the series, so if you could help out by filling in the following questions, that would be great~ The answers don't have to be overly long either, but if possible, try sticking to one character and game where required. Thankyou in advance :3

(all based on FFI - FFXIII including remakes but not spin-offs/sequels)

Which is your favourite Final Fantasy game based on aesthetics (NPCs, backdrops, towns/cities, enemies etc.)?

Who is your favourite Final Fantasy character (in general)?

Who is your favourite Final Fantasy character based on aesthetics?

As a whole, which Final Fantasy's characters appealed to you most? Why?

Do you prefer the Nomura (circa Dissidia) or the Amano character designs?

siegleeagle

Re: If you wouldn't mind~

Favorite Game based on Aesthetics is X: I liked the clothes people wore and the cities were beautiful.
Favorite Character in general is: Lightning
Favorite character aesthetics is: Rosa. I just really liked her outfit.
Favorite Cast of Characters would have to be from: a tie between 10 and 13.
Nomura or Amano: I like them both about equally. There are things about each that I like.

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,

1 I have to say it would go to XII, the world just felt alive.
2 Warrior of light (FF1) He is just what you want him to be.
3 Bartz (FFV) I just like how simple it looks
4 The cast of FFVI is my fav.
5 Amano's art goes beyond anything nomura can do.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Which is your favourite Final Fantasy game based on aesthetics (NPCs, backdrops, towns/cities, enemies etc.)?
I have to say FFX FFXIII was pretty and all but I everything about FFX is so memorable for me maybe because it was the first FF game I played but the soundtrack, NPC's, Towns, and enemies was just so memorable.

Honestly? There's just too many for me to pick right now from Tidus, Auron, Wakka (after Yevon revelation), Lulu, Yuna, Seymour, Sin, Yu Yevon, just off the top of my head.

Probably Seymour his appearance, atmosphere, and voice was just all....magnificent.

Tidus his realistic approach to some of Spira wonders was comforting. Lulu less emotional reaction to things was pretty comforting and and her slowly warming up to Tidus throughout the journey which was contrasted by Wakka's emotional responses. Auron's sage like advance and level headedness and determination was inspirational. Khimari was...a Ronso. Rikku was...Rikku? I would get into other characters but I'll save that for later.

As of right now Nomura's design have been more appealing to me.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

1. Which is your favourite Final Fantasy game based on aesthetics (NPCs, backdrops, towns/cities, enemies etc.)?

2. Who is your favourite Final Fantasy character (in general)?

3. Who is your favourite Final Fantasy character based on aesthetics?

4. As a whole, which Final Fantasy's characters appealed to you most? Why?

5. Do you prefer the Nomura (circa Dissidia) or the Amano character designs?

1. since i havent played XIII yet i'll go with XII; the intricacy of the details used (especially in structures) are just fascinating.

2. a lot actually. but i guess Tidus sparks more.

3. Squall because he doesnt look to overly dressed. also because black looks good.

4. X's party. they're a lively and colorful bunch

5. Amano. the sort of 'ethereal' look in his designs is amazing, and imo takes greater skill.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

(all based on FFI - FFXIII including remakes but not spin-offs/sequels)

Definitely Final Fantasy XIII. It has a wide arrange of environments and cities. Sure FFX had that too, but there weren't really that many cities. More like villages. Also FFXII was just so brown to me.

Shelke. You know this Callum ;3; why make me chose from the main games? Since that's the case. . . Garnet from FFIX. <3

Shelke. Nope? Fine. Lightning. I love her hair color, and her clothes.

Probably FFIX's. Why? Because FFX has Wakka. FFXII has Vaan. And FFXIII has Sazh.

Nomura.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i don't even think this is an opinion. ffxii

tie between cloud and my bud ramza beoulve

balthier-chan *u* also wiegraf because of his pic in fft haha man it cracks me up

cloud because, in spite of all the hate, he is probably one of the most real characters in the series also ramza because he personifies "hero" and is very admirable. so i guess ffvii and fft overall

haha amano misa

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member

Favorite in graphics prowess is undoubtedly Final Fantasy XIII; no other Final Fantasy game on the market even comes close to it. It is pixel perfection.

In terms of the overall feel of the towns and the concepts, I'm sticking to Final Fantasy VIII. Balamb Garden will always have a special place in my heart. It balances of future-sci-fi-awesomeness with the familiarity of the present impeccably.

Yuna. Her story just resonates well with me.

Balthier. He's got swag and bunny bitches. Gotta love them bunny bitches.

X. The dynamic between each of the characters worked.

Nomura, no question.

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
XII.

Tifa.

Fran.

XII's. Effectively written and finely designed, I have a lot of affection for each and every character.

Yoshida. *V* Also, I guess, Nomura. Amano's a fantastic artist in general, but his strength isn't in character design.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
the amount of people voting nomura is absolutely disgusting and probably about 12 kinds of incorrect, proof that khi cannot do anything right and therefore the hoth contest will be decided by me, no more voting.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

XIII, by far the most beautiful scenery. Although, enemies would have to go to X, but the scenery of XIII outweighs that.

Do i really need to answer this?

There's so many, but i guess it'd come down to either Cecil (both dark knight and paladin) or Kain.

7hurpdederp

or IX idk, too close to call.

If you asked me about a year or so ago, it would've been Nomura, but now i've come to appreciate Amano's creations. Not just the character design, but his art as a whole is just beautiful.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
sabrina does lmfao ahaha sorry man, i'll help you, how about me, you, and a couple of my boys who work at gamestop get together and pound the hell out of shamdeo until he gives you what you deserve, eh?

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Scuba Steve please, your sig is too big :( Please could you shrink it?

Final Fantasy VII. Whilst I think VIII had some brilliant wacky ideas, XIII was gorgeous, and XII had an immersive coherent art style, VII had so many classic elements. Midgar is timeless.
Cloud.
Montblanc.
X had my favourite cast probably. But IXs was also good.
Amano for artwork, Nomura for character design. Amano's pieces are gorgeous, and I wish every game cover was an Amano piece. Nomura does simple but imaginative character design with interesting elements that really work.

noheartx

hmm...probably FFX. The gameplay was pretty good, and it was a huge step up from IX. The battle system was good, and the overal gameplay was very enjoyable. Also, the landscapes were pretty god.

Zack Fair hands down.

Based on Aesthetics I'd have to say....Auron...or Vincent Valentine. One of those two. Kain is up there though.

I'd have to go with FFVII. I liked all the characters, and they all just seemed really cool.

I'd say Nomura.

siegleeagle

the amount of people voting nomura is absolutely disgusting and probably about 12 kinds of incorrect, proof that khi cannot do anything right and therefore the hoth contest will be decided by me, no more voting.

Just SHUT UP!!!!! Im sick and tired of people deciding what is fact and or expectable because they think they have a god complex on this forum. People have opinions that differ with you. DEAL WITH IT!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

XII.

Argh, this is a tough one. If I had to choose, it'd be Firion or Ramza.

Warrior of Light for males, and Maria for females~

FFTactics.

Y u no let me choose Yoshida? ;_;
Fine, between the two, I'd say Amano. He may love his multicolor beads and string, but his designs feel more meaningful and varied than Nomura's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back