• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF series theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergendorf

Hey everyone, I need some input on this one. I have this theory...
so my favorite FF game is 10, while my best friends is 8, and my other good friends is 7. I also know someone who says their favorite is 12. And I noticed that for all of us, our favorite FF games were the first ones we ever played. Has anyone else thought this? That maybe the first FF game you play is destined to be your all time favorite?

Anagram

Banned
I can say for certain that's not true. I've tried several FF games. My first was a DS remake and I didn't even finish it. My favorite ended up being the last one I've tried. FFX.

It's true from some but not for everyone I guess is the best way to put it.

Last edited:

Noel

Awards
It's just the fact of Nostalgia really. I can honestly say that Final Fantasy VII is my favorite due to the fact that maybe it was the first Final Fantasy game I've had played, but it was also the first game where I began reading story texts. Mind you that I was barely in 2nd Grade. Some people can argue that it's the game that got them into the franchise. Since in a sense there was always a different system between each iteration of FF game. Limit Breaks, Draw, etc. I wanted to play VIII but the draw and summon system confuse the wild chocobo inside me.

SephirothZ

This is true for Majority of FF fans. Their first FF game is usually their favorite. Not true for everyone, but it holds true for almost every person I have ever met, either in person or on a FF forum.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It's certainly not true for me, but I didn't get into the series until well into adulthood (unless you count the game boy "Legend" games that actually belong to the SaGa series. I played all of those in childhood, but even then, my favourite game is the one I played last, FFLII).

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
It's kinda sorta true for me. I first got the chance to play Final Fantasy IV although I had heard things about VII, VIII and X prior. As a result, it still remains one of my all time favorites in the mainline series although not quite my favorite: VI and VII vie for that spot for me.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It doesn't apply to everyone but from me, it actually does. I first played FF8. I grew deeply fond of it, sucks though that people criticize it. Well, ever since I play FF8. I wanted to try out the rest. And that's when I became a fan of the franchise.

WanPisu

Awards
My first time playing one was many years ago. That was FF8 and only lasted a couple of hours. Once I got back into the franchise not too long ago, FF13 was the first one I completed. I can easily say it doesn't apply to me.

Nostalgia can be a pretty horrible thing at times.

Xemnas the Wise

My favorite is VIII, which is the one I've heard some of the worst things about. It's awesome, I don't freaking know why everyone complained about it. I will say though, that it does have one bad thing about it. Sorceress Adel is near impossible compared to the rest of the game!

Hovhannes1998

I totally relate with this theory as my first and favorite is FFX; however, I could see a counterargument with the theory since some people have played the first one first but love some of the later ones more. It's a pretty cool trend you found though and I would love to see a graph showing the outcome of your theory and peoples' reactions.

Denne

My favorite FF games are FF 3 for the Nes and FF 2 for the Snes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back