• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF 30th Anniversary "Cherish Memories" Video

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephydark

Awards
I think Japan has had this video for a bit now, but it's nice to see it come up for the rest of the world too. Hopefully we'll be getting a lot more anniversary stuff before the year is over.

That said, I don't mind that they stuck to the mainline games and didn't mention spinoffs. I mean, besides there being a lot of sometimes obscure ones, there's also a problem of of what actually counts (e.g. what about games that were called Final Fantasy in some locations and not others, or stuff like KH which doesn't have Final Fantasy in the title but is clearly related?). Plus it makes the video cleaner, I think.

.xone

Awards
That said, I don't mind that they stuck to the mainline games and didn't mention spinoffs. I mean, besides there being a lot of sometimes obscure ones, there's also a problem of of what actually counts (e.g. what about games that were called Final Fantasy in some locations and not others, or stuff like KH which doesn't have Final Fantasy in the title but is clearly related?). Plus it makes the video cleaner, I think.

Now you mention it, maybe it's better to leave the some spinoff but some like dsiddia is worth mentioning.

sephydark

Awards
Yeah, some spinoffs are actually pretty big deals, but I think mainline only is an easy line in the sand to draw. No real arguments over what should be included with that rule :)

Though, I notice that there are short clips of XIII-2 and Lightning Returns included in the FF XIII bit. I wonder what makes those sequels worthy of being included and not other ones.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I saw this...last week? My favorite part was all the titles captured in one image. They weren't in chronological order, which represented equality between them.

.xone

Awards
Though, I notice that there are short clips of XIII-2 and Lightning Returns included in the FF XIII bit. I wonder what makes those sequels worthy of being included and not other ones.

I going back to see it and yeah, 13-2 and LR is there. Even 10-2 getting a little bit of footage there. Maybe because these titles are direct sequel?

I saw this...last week? My favorite part was all the titles captured in one image. They weren't in chronological order, which represented equality between them.

I cried a little bit seeing em all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back