• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

fejwogvneovn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

should i make this manga or not

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viltic

Re: what do you guy think of this idea!

it would be an original manga just with a little bit of darkness.

D

Deleted member 36435

anime is fucking pointless so no

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

There's really not enough info here for me to make a well-informed decision, so go for it, I guess?

Viltic

There's really not enough info here for me to make a well-informed decision, so go for it, I guess?
ok ill see if i can change the post to make it more informative. :)

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

So i want to get your guys' opinions on this idea. What if i were to make a manga kinda like kingdom hearts but at the same time not ripping it directly from kingdom hearts. This story is set in a modern fantasy setting(kind of like final fantasy 15). It story is about a these two siblings, Ozaki and Rin(boy and a girl) who are living a steady life with their dad. They live in a very populated town around the kingdom. Their dad would tell them old legends that he heard when he was little. But the one that intrigued them the most was "The Valiant Heroes". The valiant heroes was about people who were chosen by the light to stop the darkness. These heroes were called resugans, resugans had symbol on the right hand to identify them. But anyways, Ozaki and Rin would always stare at the kingdom in a special spot, wishing that they could be in there. One day the sky went black, and rain started to burst, and there was something odd falling out of the skies. Ozaki and Rin thought that they were meteors. But when they crashed a dark scary figure came out. It had a haunting grin, sharp fingers, and eyes that stare into your soul. The kingdom in the distance was under attack, people were getting killed, people were running, blood emerging everywhere. So Ozaki and Rin ran to get there dad but they were to late. All they could see was his body but with no head. Rin and Ozaki burst into tears and start screaming. Ozaki stood up and saw the closet dark entity near him then with one loud scream. An aura aroused from his body. Then Rin saw ozaki with a sword in his hand, a strange symbol on his hand, and him wearing an outfit close to looking like a kimono. He killed the darkness entity and saw the prince coming toward them. The prince to had a strange symbol on his hand. He walked up to Ozaki and said,"come with me if you want to live". Ozaki and Rin took his advice. That is how the story begins.

This sounds cool! I like the idea of Rin apparently not showing this power, and seeing that being looked into would be cool :D Is this going to be in novel form or will it contain illustrations?

Viltic

This sounds cool! I like the idea of Rin apparently not showing this power, and seeing that being looked into would be cool :D Is this going to be in novel form or will it contain illustrations?
I think it will be an illustration first then when it ends could possibly turn it into a novel, if thats possible.

Viltic

An example of the darkness.
the_reaper_by_caym_kun-d5y9x36.jpg

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

o_o Yep, that's a bit more informative.

If you do turn it into novel form, I wouldn't mind going through it. I'm pretty good at nitpicking written works. :D

Viltic

o_o Yep, that's a bit more informative.

If you do turn it into novel form, I wouldn't mind going through it. I'm pretty good at nitpicking written works. :D
ok thank you for you feedback. :)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm responding to this to subscribe to the thread and come back later to dissect it because you deserve to hear it I think. I'm just a little too delirious at the current moment.

I was the dick who said yes and no. To be short I am going to personally plead you to not just "make a manga" and focus on the core writing, that I will get to once I sleep and you respond and whatnot.

Viltic

I'm responding to this to subscribe to the thread and come back later to dissect it because you deserve to hear it I think. I'm just a little too delirious at the current moment.

I was the dick who said yes and no. To be short I am going to personally plead you to not just "make a manga" and focus on the core writing, that I will get to once I sleep and you respond and whatnot.
ok, cant wait to hear your feedback on the idea so far. :)

Viltic

Aright guys i have to get off in 5-15 minutes or so, so if you want me to see your feedback and questions you should hurry. But ill be on tomorrow at 2:20 pm or so mountain time zone.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Aright guys i have to get off in 5-15 minutes or so, so if you want me to see your feedback and questions you should hurry. But ill be on tomorrow at 2:20 pm or so mountain time zone.
I wanted to write up a line by line break down, because what I read was about 7 different things you pulled ideas/things from. You obviously crave creativity and want to make something of your own with your own hands, but this needs a lot of work, much more thought, and more originality.

Not to mention that you have not shown any evidence of your illustrative abilities, which doesn't just happen, and being an artist is HARD, ESPECIALLY illustrating a comic. Work on your writing, work on your drawing, don't stop writing, never stop drawing. World building is so important and you have just a cardboard cutout right now, and it looks like every Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Attack on Titan/Naruto/Bleach inspired thing I've seen when I hear "i want to make a manga". You need soul, you need passion. You probably have the potential to create something great, but you aren't ready to just "make" something happen right away, and this needs a lot of work.

ALSO; You need to probably avoid using random Japanese names, kimono, etc. with absolutely no research attached to the culture, language, etc and using them only because you like anime and anime uses those kind of names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back