• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Feedback / Suggestions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
FEEDBACK / SUGGESTIONS
This roleplay is constantly changing and evolving, but, in it all, there's bound to be problems. This thread is here for everyone to sound off about things you'd like to see added to the roleplay and if there's any changes you'd like to suggest!

Future Updates:
Factions/character groups

Chromatic

Become
Awards
It's been a long while, but I feel enough pull from this to come out from hiding.

I notice there isn't a specified thread for posing questions, though I assume this might be the place for it. I am curious as to how the IC will be played out. Will it all be a single thread? Or will it be more to the effect of having people create their own events through smaller/shorter lasting RPs? Or something else entirely?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yay, awesome! :D Hope you'll join us!

And yup, this is the place for questions~ What's going to happen, at least initially, is that there's going to be one "event" thread to set up the beginning of the roleplay. Once that one's finished, everyone can go off and start making their own story threads; from time to time, though, there will be event roleplays that can impact the entire plot of the RP.

I'm not sure if I explained that too well in the threads, so I'm super sorry about that, but if you have anymore questions, let me know! c:

Chromatic

Become
Awards
No, no. You explained it perfectly. So on that note, should I plan to start on the same world as everyone else? And which world might that be?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We're all going to start in the same world, most likely Traverse Town (possibly Hollow Bastion), but my plan is that everyone starts meeting up and then something happens (like a boss fight or something) that throws them into action. Once they decide to leave the world or whatever, then that RP'll close~

...at least, that's the vague idea I have in mind xD;;

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Maybe a summary of the various stories as they progress in a main thread, since it'll save other people from having to read five million threads (and one).

Would it be more feasible to condense the threads by storylines? As in, these "main" characters are all in this group, they post there, and characters can move from various threads depending on plot/them being split from others and wind up with other groups?

Threads for each World visited might help - as in, only ONE THREAD per WORLD (and summaries for what happens thus far sort of deal in a World Summary List thread or something): as in, Group A makes it to Wonderland, thread is made if no thread exists, and then they leave. What Group A has done on/to Wonderland's inhabitants/the World itself affects the next Group(s) that goes there/encounters the World in whatever form Group A/later groups left/leave it in.

It makes more sense for World threads imo, since then it reduces clutter, and doesn't feel restrictive as first idea (separation by plot). And, there's no need to close the thread (and clutter up the subforum with stuff people won't read). This way the subforum only has (at assumed maximum) around 3 or 4 pages of threads, as opposed to five million (and one).

And it makes it easier for people whose characters come to that World to fully grasp what has happened to the World/it's inhabitants, instead of them ignoring it completely and making a whole new thread because they're too lazy to look through 999+ pages of old threads. And, it helps keep the overall story in a somewhat chronological state, allowing for various things to happen on the Worlds at once, and allowing a better impact story wise. This way we have a finite number of threads and allow easier access for newcomers. Otherwise, it's going to clutter up, and no one will use this subforum for diddly.

And don't worry about the sloths, I'll be putting some in soon enough.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I'd like to request having a writing post in a shop in Traverse Town that lists tasks for characters to do. This would be open for any person to post random quests ranging from "collect X" to "defeat a large heartless in this area". I had originally been thinking about placing the post inside the item shop my character ran (assuming my character is accepted when I post it) and putting requests myself as well as leading the character/group along with the request (mostly controlling the boss heartless in the fight requests) but I'm also thinking whoever thinks up/makes the request can control how it goes. Alternatively, the person fulfilling request can also post a single large post explaining the adventure.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe a summary of the various stories as they progress in a main thread, since it'll save other people from having to read five million threads (and one).

Would it be more feasible to condense the threads by storylines? As in, these "main" characters are all in this group, they post there, and characters can move from various threads depending on plot/them being split from others and wind up with other groups?
That's kind of what I'm planning with factions/groups and such, but we can definitely give this a shot!

Threads for each World visited might help - as in, only ONE THREAD per WORLD (and summaries for what happens thus far sort of deal in a World Summary List thread or something): as in, Group A makes it to Wonderland, thread is made if no thread exists, and then they leave. What Group A has done on/to Wonderland's inhabitants/the World itself affects the next Group(s) that goes there/encounters the World in whatever form Group A/later groups left/leave it in.

It makes more sense for World threads imo, since then it reduces clutter, and doesn't feel restrictive as first idea (separation by plot). And, there's no need to close the thread (and clutter up the subforum with stuff people won't read). This way the subforum only has (at assumed maximum) around 3 or 4 pages of threads, as opposed to five million (and one).

And it makes it easier for people whose characters come to that World to fully grasp what has happened to the World/it's inhabitants, instead of them ignoring it completely and making a whole new thread because they're too lazy to look through 999+ pages of old threads. And, it helps keep the overall story in a somewhat chronological state, allowing for various things to happen on the Worlds at once, and allowing a better impact story wise. This way we have a finite number of threads and allow easier access for newcomers. Otherwise, it's going to clutter up, and no one will use this subforum for diddly.

And don't worry about the sloths, I'll be putting some in soon enough.
The main reason why I'm not restricting each worlds to one thread only is because I want this to be open to everyone. I know that things will get cluttered (depending on how many people join i guess lulz; if a lot of people join, then that's going to be a completely different story), but I don't want anyone to look at a thread, see that it's already been going on for a while, and feel too intimidated to join; the thread creators might not keep the thread updated with a summary either, which could keep new people from joining. I want this to be open to everyone, so that's why I'm worrying about it.

But we can still give it a shot, at least initially. If it works, then we can keep it around, but if not, then I'll let there be an unlimited number of threads for each world.

I'm also tossing around the idea of closing the current threads whenever a new event starts, since the event roleplays will create changes in the overall story, but that's completely up to everyone. I may do a "test round," see how it goes, and then, if it works well, then we'll do it again in the future. But, if it doesn't, then we won't worry about it.

I'd like to request having a writing post in a shop in Traverse Town that lists tasks for characters to do. This would be open for any person to post random quests ranging from "collect X" to "defeat a large heartless in this area". I had originally been thinking about placing the post inside the item shop my character ran (assuming my character is accepted when I post it) and putting requests myself as well as leading the character/group along with the request (mostly controlling the boss heartless in the fight requests) but I'm also thinking whoever thinks up/makes the request can control how it goes. Alternatively, the person fulfilling request can also post a single large post explaining the adventure.
YES. YESYESYES PLEASE CAN WE DO THIS OMG ;A;

This is a freakin' awesome idea, so definitely go for it! Would it be alright if you put it up after the first event is over?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
That's kind of what I'm planning with factions/groups and such, but we can definitely give this a shot!

The main reason why I'm not restricting each worlds to one thread only is because I want this to be open to everyone. I know that things will get cluttered (depending on how many people join i guess lulz; if a lot of people join, then that's going to be a completely different story), but I don't want anyone to look at a thread, see that it's already been going on for a while, and feel too intimidated to join; the thread creators might not keep the thread updated with a summary either, which could keep new people from joining. I want this to be open to everyone, so that's why I'm worrying about it.

But we can still give it a shot, at least initially. If it works, then we can keep it around, but if not, then I'll let there be an unlimited number of threads for each world.

I'm also tossing around the idea of closing the current threads whenever a new event starts, since the event roleplays will create changes in the overall story, but that's completely up to everyone. I may do a "test round," see how it goes, and then, if it works well, then we'll do it again in the future. But, if it doesn't, then we won't worry about it.

I getchu, I'm just worried about mass clutter/wanting plotlines to intersect and etc in a generally good fashion, to where when people go and read it, it reads well, if that makes sense. That way it makes it more of a big gianormous story, as opposed to a million voices sobbing out in the abyss.

Granted, if another group/a new RPer enters w/e World Thread (assuming 1 thread for each World), its just a matter of them checking at most the last two or three pages (or a summary, provided the Threadholder isn't poop about upkeep). Just reduces clutter and makes more cohesive/people pay more attention?idk, at least.

OnO

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
YES. YESYESYES PLEASE CAN WE DO THIS OMG ;A;

This is a freakin' awesome idea, so definitely go for it! Would it be alright if you put it up after the first event is over?

Noice. Yeah, I'd be down for that. I'll think up a few requests to start us off (I'm assuming I can use different words aside from Traverse Town, like NeverLand so we can actually explore different areas and have reasons to go to different worlds), but as the story goes on I'd like others to think some up as well. Expect my temp up in mumblemumble

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
If I may, when factions come into play, I would suggest one or two people from the faction (faction leader, vice-leader, or whoever) keep track of summarizing the events of each of their threads and posting them in their faction's thread.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
If I may, when factions come into play, I would suggest one or two people from the faction (faction leader, vice-leader, or whoever) keep track of summarizing the events of each of their threads and posting them in their faction's thread.

I think in general, we should have a summarized account of the RP's progress as a whole as things move forward.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I getchu, I'm just worried about mass clutter/wanting plotlines to intersect and etc in a generally good fashion, to where when people go and read it, it reads well, if that makes sense. That way it makes it more of a big gianormous story, as opposed to a million voices sobbing out in the abyss.

Granted, if another group/a new RPer enters w/e World Thread (assuming 1 thread for each World), its just a matter of them checking at most the last two or three pages (or a summary, provided the Threadholder isn't poop about upkeep). Just reduces clutter and makes more cohesive/people pay more attention?idk, at least.

OnO
Hmm... yeah, I'm worried about that, too. ;~; I want to have a lot of creative freedom and let everyone basically do whatever they want, but I am afraid that it'll get messy. But I guess what I'll do is allow 2 threads for each world at a time initially. If there's a desire for more threads to be open for each of the worlds, then I'll probably let it happen, but otherwise, it'll just be 2 threads for now.

Noice. Yeah, I'd be down for that. I'll think up a few requests to start us off (I'm assuming I can use different words aside from Traverse Town, like NeverLand so we can actually explore different areas and have reasons to go to different worlds), but as the story goes on I'd like others to think some up as well. Expect my temp up in mumblemumble
Yup, you can definitely use different worlds! Maybe there could be a story thread for just Traverse Town missions, but another thread (which would be kinda OOC?) where people can pick up missions and such; plus, there could be story threads for each of the missions? *shrug* But yeah, just let me know what you want to do when you want to get the thread up! I'll sticky it and such~

Yeah, we could definitely do that, but I am planning on creating a summary thread, so I'm not sure how necessary it would be for the factions to do that D: *shrug*

I think in general, we should have a summarized account of the RP's progress as a whole as things move forward.
Already planning on doing that! :D I'm gonna put up a summary thread (well, a post in the story thread actually...) after the first event is over, so everyone knows what's going on.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Question for everybody! What sort of things would you like to see after the first RP is finished?

After the first one is finished, everyone gets free reign and can basically do whatever they want RP-wise. But I do want to add in some fun things between now and the next event RP, so I wanted to see what you would be interested in. It could be fun missions or a Halloween RP (...obviously not now haha). Anything you want! I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas~

Also, I've mentioned before that there will be factions in the RP. I'm still sorting that stuff out, but, if they're added, they will come sometime after the first event RP, probably before or during the second one.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
What if there was two separate groups? Group A and Group B.

I'd like to think there could be something that involves racing against time in order to win a game set by a game master involving two groups. Where you have to face against your fellow comrades in a twist of fate, because the darkness overtakes them if they don't reach their objective in time. Thus, you have to find the moogles in order to create the antidote and get to the objective. Only to learn its a trick. [I could see it being Halloween based, because your fellow comrades could turn into zombies or something.] Probably a lame idea. Kind of just throwing it out there as a suggestion. xD

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
When factions are created, how exactly will faction leaders be determined? Will they be headed by main characters or will anyone be able to create their own faction?
Everyone will most likely be able to create their own faction and the person who creates it will be the leader; if they need to step down, they can elect another leader, though. However, at least initially, there will most likely only be 2 - 3 factions allowed. More may be open later, but this is to keep a bunch of factions from popping up.

Hope that helps! :D The faction concept is still in the works, so more info will be available later on~

Javelin434

Awards
I wanted to join this a while back, but the "No keyblade" rule got me good xP

Will this rule ease up sometime in the foreseeable future? If not, then I guess I can always RP as Kairi xD

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wanted to join this a while back, but the "No keyblade" rule got me good xP

Will this rule ease up sometime in the foreseeable future? If not, then I guess I can always RP as Kairi xD
Unfortunately, it won't lulz. (Though I second that it's kinda hard to work around xD One of my characters is so tied to a Keyblade that it's VERY difficult to imagine them without one, but eh, you work with what you've got lulz.)

When I started this RP, I let everyone decide on two ideas: a roleplay like KHx, where everyone has a Keyblade, or a roleplay that's more like the original KH story, where no one has a Keyblade. The second idea was picked, so the characters don't have Keyblades. I was also afraid that, if Keyblades were offered, it had to be all or none, since I don't want a select few characters to be singled out as important because of their weapons. This RP is about all of the characters' stories, not just a few.

...not the greatest explanation, i'm sorry XD;; But hopefully that gives you an idea of my reasoning~ If Keyblades are ever added, I'll let everyone know, but it's VERY unlikely to happen.

Javelin434

Awards
Unfortunately, it won't lulz. (Though I second that it's kinda hard to work around xD One of my characters is so tied to a Keyblade that it's VERY difficult to imagine them without one, but eh, you work with what you've got lulz.)

When I started this RP, I let everyone decide on two ideas: a roleplay like KHx, where everyone has a Keyblade, or a roleplay that's more like the original KH story, where no one has a Keyblade. The second idea was picked, so the characters don't have Keyblades. I was also afraid that, if Keyblades were offered, it had to be all or none, since I don't want a select few characters to be singled out as important because of their weapons. This RP is about all of the characters' stories, not just a few.

...not the greatest explanation, i'm sorry XD;; But hopefully that gives you an idea of my reasoning~ If Keyblades are ever added, I'll let everyone know, but it's VERY unlikely to happen.
Honestly, I'm in the same boat as you with the "One of my characters is so tied to a Keyblade that it's VERY difficult to imagine them without one" line, but I can understand your logic with keeping everything fair.

I guess I'll have to read through all character submissions and try forming my own idea without a keyblade to work with xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back