• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Feb. 4th 2014: Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham on Evolution and Creationism

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
e.g. drug-resistant bacteria. Use antibiotics without completing the full course? You're encouraging those few bacteria who resist the antibiotics to flourish and replace the ones the antibiotics do work against.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well, I'm not willing to discount science. As a Christian, there are certain things that you can't logically say, well that just isn't right. Genesis gives an account for the world, and how it was created. Science very well could show the processes in which God worked, but there are conflicts. I am willing to concede that I don't really know how God did everything, considering Genesis was first passed orally, and definitely doesn't give a massive amount of detail in the first 12 chapters. Now, I am NOT discounting the account of scriptures, at all, but I feel I must acknowledge science as well. As a Christian I accept as much science as I can possibly accept and I often struggle with the question of "what do I say isn't accurate, or isn't completely sure" which is basically where Evolution and Creationism butt heads. I will never say Creation Science is the end all, because really, it isn't. Not to mention, trying to get a massive group of people to conform to my ideas of creation is silly. If they don't believe in God, it wouldn't make sense to force somebody to believe God created the world. Sure, there are indications of the intricacies of the processes of how the Earth and nature have come a long, and I'm willing to accept the possibilities, I just need to be sure that what I come to believe still somehow points to God's creative genius.

Well, I'm not willing to discount science. As a Christian, there are certain things that you can't logically say, well that just isn't right. Genesis gives an account for the world, and how it was created. Science very well could show the processes in which God worked, but there are conflicts. I am willing to concede that I don't really know how God did everything, considering Genesis was first passed orally, and definitely doesn't give a massive amount of detail in the first 12 chapters. Now, I am NOT discounting the account of scriptures, at all, but I feel I must acknowledge science as well. As a Christian I accept as much science as I can possibly accept and I often struggle with the question of "what do I say isn't accurate, or isn't completely sure" which is basically where Evolution and Creationism butt heads. I will never say Creation Science is the end all, because really, it isn't. Not to mention, trying to get a massive group of people to conform to my ideas of creation is silly. If they don't believe in God, it wouldn't make sense to force somebody to believe God created the world. Sure, there are indications of the intricacies of the processes of how the Earth and nature have come a long, and I'm willing to accept the possibilities, I just need to be sure that what I come to believe still somehow points to God's creative genius.

There are always conflicts with everything. It's hard reconciling one's faith when the evidence contradicts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back