• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favourite Kingdom Hearts Trio?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Best Kingdom Hearts Trio?

• Destiny Trio [Sora, Kairi, Riku]

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sea-Salt Trio [Roxas, Xion, Axel]

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Wayfinder Trio [Ventus, Terra, Aqua]

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Lost Trio [Naminé, Riku Replica, Vanitas]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney Trio [Mickey, Donald, Goofy]

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Masters Trio [Xehanort, Eraqus, Yen Sid]

• Union X Trio [Player, Skuld, Ephemer]

• Dandelion Trio [Lauriam, Elrena, Strelitzia]

• Radiant Garden Trio [Lea, Isa, Subject X]

• Total voters

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What makes you (and other people as well) think they didn't do this already? I don't remember there being any trios in DDD, UX, or DR. In KH3, you can make a case for SDG, but other than that the concept has no relevance in it either. Also, some of the old ones got upgraded to quartets (RAXI, TAVC).

You are right. They did move away from it a bit except when they were resolving plot lines. They did add a new trip with Lea, Isa, and Subject X, though.

the red monster

Awards
TAV easily. they're friends, but feel like a family everytime i see them together. it's pretty heart warming.

Foxycian

Awards
What makes you (and other people as well) think they didn't do this already? I don't remember there being any trios in DDD, UX, or DR. In KH3, you can make a case for SDG, but other than that the concept has no relevance in it either. Also, some of the old ones got upgraded to quartets (RAXI, TAVC).
RAXI I for Isa? TAVC the C For Chirithy? Yea I love that now they kinda ended the trio stuff, ofc the trios still exist but now each has a small group of their own.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Isa, Lea and Subject X.

I thought they'd given up on that, too...

But yeah, I was just being more grumpy than necessary at the concept of trios. I'm glad there are hints of new configurations in KH3. And no trios in the mobile games.

Foxycian

Awards
Isa, Lea and Subject X.

I thought they'd given up on that, too...

But yeah, I was just being more grumpy than necessary at the concept of trios. I'm glad there are hints of new configurations in KH3. And no trios in the mobile games.
Well the game is hinting that we the player have our own Trio with Skuld and ephamer, but The game doesn’t really focus on that but mostly focused on the whole group, the trio concept does still exist but it’s not seen as the main focus anymore.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I’m pretty surprised ATV is winning the poll by such a wide margin. I figured RAX would win, tbh, since people are always so vocal about that trio. I like Aqua solo, but the BbS trinity as a whole always felt incredibly lifeless and forced to me, the intro to BbS in particular when it’s just them training and looking at the stars is unbearably dull. I guess it does have a “different” dynamic to the others, as far as feeling like two parents with marital issues and a baby.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I’m pretty surprised TAV is winning the poll by such a wide margin. I figured RAX would win, tbh, since people are always so vocal about that trio.
RAX's popularity depends on where you go. From what I've seen they aren't that popular on this forum in comparison to ATV/TAV.

Foxycian

Awards
I’m pretty surprised TAV is winning the poll by such a wide margin. I figured RAX would win, tbh, since people are always so vocal about that trio. I like Aqua solo, but the BbS trinity as a whole always felt incredibly lifeless and forced to me, the intro to BbS in particular when it’s just them training and looking at the stars is unbearably dull. I guess it does have a “different” dynamic to the others, as far as feeling like two parents with marital issues and a baby.
Even tho Wayfinder trio is my favorite still only Ven showed to have personality (Aqua and Terra are improving recently) but it’s not that big of a deal I still like them regardless.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I’m pretty surprised TAV is winning the poll by such a wide margin. I figured RAX would win, tbh, since people are always so vocal about that trio. I like Aqua solo, but the BbS trinity as a whole always felt incredibly lifeless and forced to me, the intro to BbS in particular when it’s just them training and looking at the stars is unbearably dull. I guess it does have a “different” dynamic to the others, as far as feeling like two parents with marital issues and a baby.

The fans are easily the most vocal but anything to do with Days has always been divisive in nature.

It does depend on where you go though. For example, Reddit is basically RAX central. These three are straight up revered over there.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Any RAX fan should go to Reddit. They think 358/2 Days is the best video game to come out of mankind, simp hard for RAX, and worship Xion like she's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Everywhere else is divisive from my personal experience.

But no lie, I thought TAV wasn't going to be winning either, lol.

Sea Salt trio is pure garbage to me because it's just.. fake. I don't remember a single moment where I felt like Xion and Axel were proper friends who cared for one another for any reason other than being Roxas's best buds. It just felt very forced to me.

Yeah, Axel and Xion was badly developed. The one scene where they talked without Roxas was awkward as all hell. And then suddenly we skip to him caring about her so much. And, really, Axel picked Roxas over her to disappear. He didn't want to do it himself and didn't force her to a decision, tried his best to have both, but when it came down to the nitty gritty...yeeeah.

RAX IS THE BEST TRIO EVUR THO :D.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
I don't think it's necessarily a case of Days not being very popular here or the other trios being more popular. A lot of people here are fond of Days, but liking the characters individually is different from liking their relationship to each other as a trio, something that people here are very open to discuss but in other places you would probably get flammed all the way to the dark realm.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think TAV's success in the poll speaks less to their popularity here and more to... the rest of the options just not being very good xD

Yeaaaah. Don't get me wrong, RAX do have more screen time together and we get to see their relationship develop but I always felt like the audience got a better sense of TAV's love and devotion to each other just from the small moments and flashbacks they have. You can really tell they are a family that is getting broken apart by misunderstandings and cruel manipulations by outside forces.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think TAV's success in the poll speaks less to their popularity here and more to... the rest of the options just not being very good xD

That and some bits may also be counting in more of the potential in them than what was actually done with them so far.

When it comes to TAV, my to-go reference is almost always the issue that both the opening of 0.2. and arguably the ending of KH III with the part where Chirithy joins them tends to show TAV in a better light than their supposed main appearance in BBS itself.

Out of the other options, ironically the "Destiny Trio" never really felt like a true trio almost from the start because it is is almost always about Sora's individual bonds with the other two or those other two indirectly "competing" over Sora's attention which vast parts of the fandom has picked up to an even more obvious degree.
The games themselves also do this with "side" games often focusing completely on Sora's bond with Riku with Kairi sometimes completely absent while "main" games tend to pop up Kairi only to toot more in the performative romance horn while Riku is reduced to a third wheel (but he's at least present compared to Kairi in "side" games).

RAX has a similar problem with Roxas being the center and on which bond the focus lies depends on the writer.
That being said, while it is not good there are attempts to at least partly build a sort of small bond between Axel and Xion, a little bit in Days and a little bit more in KH III.
Like said, not good but certainly more effort than Kairi and Riku got so far.

The "Disney trio" is a neat concept but so far we haven't exactly seen anything on this trio because DG are either with Sora or bystanders while Mickey is traveling solo (and 95% behind the scenes) or with Riku which forms a duo of sorts. We haven't yet any substantial material to work with for MDG.

The so-called "Lost trio" is a fan-invention that has no actual basis in the series itself.
It is just another visual repeat of Destiny Trio with Repliku being the "Riku", Naminé the "Kairi" and Vanitas the "Sora" solely because of appearances and not because of personalities and traits.

Eraqus, Xehanort and Yen Sid were indeed peers to some degree, but the latter was never actually part of their closer circle so Eraqus and Xehanort also form more of a duo just like Mickey and Riku and, in the past before the introduction of Xion, Axel and Roxas were.

Interestingly, since BBS one could also take Lea and Isa as another duo until KH III shoved in the new plot device "Subject X".
Seeing this one could be tempted to see a pattern there, one that is as unnecessary as Nomura's constant "surprise twists" just for the sake of having them even if they hurt the Kh-verses internal logic more than they expand it.

Union X and Dandelion Trio I would also catalog under the category fan-invention because so far I don't see the story actually pointing towards these at all. Ephemer was almost completely absent during the time the Player avatar spent with Skuld and when they were with Ephemer there was no Skuld. Lauriam and Elrena have exactly one scene where they talk about Strelitzia but there is nowhere any hint that they used to hang out together nor that Lauriam even knew Elrena that much before he sought her out to gain info on his sister.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I would love a thread focusing on best duos. Because I can think of plenty
The "Disney trio" is a neat concept but so far we haven't exactly seen anything on this trio because DG are either with Sora or bystanders while Mickey is traveling solo (and 95% behind the scenes) or with Riku which forms a duo of sorts. We haven't yet any substantial material to work with for MDG.
Yeah it's too bad MDG don't have many moments as a trio despite their bond in other Disney works. If that rumored Disney+ series focuses on other characters I kind of want a few episodes focusing on the three of them searching for Sora in Disney worlds.

It's not much but I did love the moment were we saw Goofy and Mickey's reactions to Donald casting Zettaflare.

Noivern

Awards
I think you people are being a tad unfair about the Disney trio. Their reunion at the end of 2 was very lovely and we got to see them together in DDD, as the Musketeers, and then a bit more in 3.

We also have Donald and Goofy constantly worried about their King and friend that they love and respect a lot.

It doesn't seem much in scale to everyone else because Donald and Goofy by themselves are reduced in role for any relevant scenes and only show proeminently when with Sora, but I definitely felt like their friendship had more spotlight in the actual games than the Destiny Trio.

It also helps that they are iconic characters featured together everywhere else, so it's easy for the mind to fill in the blanks in KH (even though Donald kind of hates/is jealous of Mickey in basically every other form of media, lol)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Wow TAV is really winning? They have as much chemistry as Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur do inside their Poke Balls.

All joking aside I do agree that trios are a cancer to this series.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
At this point, the relationships are so paper-thin that I only have team-attacks to go on. Sora has awesome team attacks with Riku AND Kairi, some of the best attacks in the whole series thus far, so I have no choice but to vote for them. RAX's team up was okay, but didn't have the impact or emotional resonance of Sora's team ups with his friends.

Back