• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favourite Games of 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Since we're drawing closer to the end of the year, I figured we could take some time to discuss some of the hits that struck a chord with us this year.

Personally for me, Downfall was a hidden gem for me this year. Having played the predecessor, The Cat Lady, it was pretty clear this wasn't going to a fun experience. Both Downfall and The Cat Lady are downright chilling. The games are outright the most terrifying I've ever played, and I say that as someone that doesn't get scared often from video games. The atmosphere in both games is sickening. Downfall made me Alt+F4 at one point from the sheer terror I had. I honestly really loved this game, and was one of my favourites for 2016.

How about everyone else? What would you say are your favourite games for this year?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hard to say...Best game I PLAYED this year was probably The Last of Us but that probably doesnt count..xD

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Gosh, it`s a hard choice for me. I am trying to decide between Dark Souls III and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hmm, but since in a way Rise was already released last year and some only were able to play it this year, does it qualify in 2016 game category?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Gosh, it`s a hard choice for me. I am trying to decide between Dark Souls III and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hmm, but since in a way Rise was already released last year and some only were able to play it this year, does it qualify in 2016 game category?

Yeah not sure either. For PS players, it was definitely a 2016 release, but...

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh, I'm sure it's okay. The PS4 Version came out this year, so it shouldn't be a problem at all

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
DOOM was pretty fun, and so was Dark Souls III...

but the funnest game to play in 2016 is still king, baby.

that's right

i'm talkin' forums.khinsider.com for the pc.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Real Talk:
#BringBackRPGInferno2k17

Also I'm sure Tomb Raider counts since it came out for ps4 this year.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
All right, Rise is a 2016 game then. Hmm, after pondering this I think my favorite game by far from 2016 will be Dark Souls III. I loved Rise of the Tomb Raider to death, I played it twice and 100% it, but some small flaws in the game(like the odd pats in the story or sometimes a bit poor acting) makes it so that Dark Sous wins.

My god I love the Souls-series so much. I played Bloodborne first time this year and I felt like a whole new world had been opened before my eyes. The combat is very polished and super fun in DSIII. You are always curious to inspect every new place and corner to see if there is something interesting there, but at the same time tense because you could get killed all lose all souls. Boss battles are a bit tricky but super fun to play and to look at. They have been designed very well, and the Abyss Watchers has to be one of the most interesting bosses I have ever fought against.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I just realized I only bought two new games this year sooo ;~;

Honestly, Uncharted 4. Any game this year with high definition graphics looks gorgeous and Uncharted 4 is no different. The story is engaging (although arguments about its repetitiveness could be brought up), but the characters are solid. I thought all the characters had something important to contribute even with characters who weren't generally in the limelight (Sully and Elena). The game play is simple, yet fun (although repetitive; run, shoot, climb, and occasionally drive something) and the environments were so immersive, so real, you would have to double check some areas to truly capture its beauty. While the game by design is linear, Naughty Dog did an excellent job making sure you could explore multiple routes to see the areas. Additionally, the game has online multiplayer and offers free DLC, which is awesome coming from any developer. Overall, it's my GOTY. It's probably one of the best video game experiences I've had in a while. (and now my eyes are on Rise of the Tomb Raider to replicate this effect)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Firewatch was the game that struck me the most this year. I loved its pacing, its gameplay, its story, its art direction. I know it's not really everyone's cup of tea but it hit all the right notes with me and it was the game that I loved this year.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Pokemon Sun and Moon and Mafia lll for me. Would have added XV but there were some things in the game that held it back for my taste.

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
Pokémon Sun and Kirby Planet Robobot. I only own a 3DS other games would be in my favorites if i only own other consoles.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've played far more games this year than I ever have, and so I've got a whole list of games that I've thoroughly enjoyed. A few are:

1. Uncharted 4 was my favorite game this year by far, and the best game I've played in a long time. I adored it from beginning to end, and it felt like such a perfect conclusion to the series. My hands were practically glued to the controller from the moment I started. I could go on for hours about the brilliant writing, the attention to details, the absolutely outstanding graphics, and so on. It's a game I still think about often.

2. Inside was so thought-provoking. It truly made me feel uncomfortable and uneasy throughout, yet their was a certain beauty to it in a strange, no necessarily attractive sort of way. It is haunting and dark, yet intriguing and moving all at the same time.

3.Telltale's Batman was among the studio's stronger titles. It truly captured the essence of what it meant to be both Batman and Bruce Wayne, complete with all of Telltale's classic twists and unexpected moments. As a huge comic book fan, it is one of my favorite interpretations of the Batman universe to date.

4. Firewatch felt real. I was constantly looking over my shoulder, feeling as if someone was watching me the entire time I played. The phenomenal voice acting and dialogue writing, the beautiful art style. and the all too realistic ending coupled into one of my favorite games in this genre.

5. Ratchet and Clank was a return to form for the series, and the remake/reboot was exactly what the franchise had needed. It was full of the standard humor and great gameplay that had once been a series staple. The game was filled to the brim with color and character, and I cannot wait to see where Ratchet and Clank is taken next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back