• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Version of Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Which game do you think did Roxas's character the best? Days or KH2.

Yes, I know that they are the same Roxas and that is all part of his character development. However, which game just individually and separately did him the most justice?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The KH2 prologue is the only time I like Roxas. In the flashback scenes elsewhere in KH2, he comes across too try-hard for me. He's okay in Days, just dull. And I found the Axel-Roxas friendship much more believable in Days than in KH2. (Axel is so cringeworthy in KH2 and BbS, but he's great in CoM and Days).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
He's good in the KHIIFM+ Axel/Roxas scene. And he's good in KH3D. And he's good in Re:Coded. Other than that nah.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Days. His last monologue in Agrabah is easily his most rawest moment. No voiced dialogue, bad pixels but it oozes raw emotion with its script.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Definitely nothing in Days. Re:Coded, DDD and 2FM.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Funnily enough, I like his Re:Coded cinematic iteration the best. You can really feel the pain he initially suffers from for being the nobody of Sora.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't really have a game. Whenever he's the hooded pain warrior is when I love him.

That would include even the final sequence Days, but it's also true that event was created long before the game itself.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Re:coded. Just for his "it's way past time you learned what real hurt feels like!" I literally felt all the pain and suffering of Roxas in that one line. Jesse's voice acting was incredible and it is by far my favorite line in the series in terms of delivery, power, and ability to make me connect and feel exactly what the character is feeling. And Roxas is my favorite character.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
KH2FM, specifically because of his fight in TWTNW. The amount of storytelling, and the information you get on Roxas, in that fight alone beats all of his other appearances for me. It's his definitive appearance.

Hirokey123

Awards
Days I really loved how they explored the formation through identity and watching Roxas slowly puzzle this big new world together. It's especially adorable when he comes to the wrong conclusions about things and then you sort of watch him try to meander through why the world isn't lining up with perception. And I think Days has his most powerful line which is "heh..Where did I think I could go". It's sad impossible sad and powerful. All game you want Roxas to break away from the Organization and strike out on his own, and when he does it really hits home how he literally has no where. The bad guys want his life, the heroes want his life, his friends have all left him, and he has no goal nor any place to start. All he could do is head to the clock tower, it's the only place he ever felt was home, and even then it just reminds him of everything he lost. He literally has only Xion left, that's his only hope, and as soon as she appears you know what is coming...and it's just so raw and heart breaking to know you're at the final moments where Roxas loses the last bit of everything that matters to him. Not just Xion herself but his life with her, the memories themselves will be robbed from him.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts II definitely. I like Roxas in general, but frustrated, Twilight Town Roxas is certainly more interesting than the Roxas with the sense of humor of wet cardboard from Days.

Kaweebo

Awards
KHIIFM and Coded Roxas, where he comes off much more mature and adult. Days Roxas never really 'grew' which made the KHII scenes in that game jarring to watch as he flip-flopped between the angsty teenager he should be and the dumb baby he's presented as throughout all of Days. I don't mind him being a dumb baby at first but XION had more character growth than him! Roxas only grew when the plot demanded it.

FarmerRaguna

Roxas definetly hits his best moment in KH2FM. Not only is his quest for an identity basically done at that point, making him feel more like a character and less of a lifeless puppet trying to get his bearings, but it also gives some impactful scenes for him that really makes his character shine. His anger and eventual acceptance of his condition by the time he hits the mansion feels really well done for me, and the Final Mix scene after the battle just sells how tragic the whole situation is. The context of Days is definetly necessary to fully understand why his scenes in 2 are great, but he is a more fleshed out character in 2, mostly because of his quest to develop an identity seen in Days.

kingoflames

This is a fairly odd question, as Roxas's character arc crosses two games. I think his character is best re:coded, as it is his truest point. The roxas in DDD does not seem to have his full memory, if I remember right. Days was a roxas struggling with grief, while in KH2 roxas was resigned to his fate, and this potrayal of Roxas is also in DDD. Only in the world of the book of prophecies can roxas really express himself and the feelings he have. The discourse between Roxas and Sora in Re:Coded was extremely powerful, as it is driven by raw feelings, not the feeling of obligation that drives a lot of roxas's action in other games. Roxas is most human in Re:Coded, as he finally expresses the hurt he feels.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The roxas in DDD does not seem to have his full memory, if I remember right.

I think it's the opposite. DDD Roxas is the ultimate Roxas in fact of self-awareness, who seemed even kinda aware of what was going on with the Xehanorts at the moment (the dialogue between him and Sora in DDD is one I quite liked, because finally we get an interaction between the two of them with both knowing who the other one fully is.)
In any case, he gave Sora even the last bit of his memories, the Days one, and I guess in order to do that he had to remember them himself.

Only in the world of the book of prophecies can roxas really express himself and the feelings he have.

Let's not jump the gun and just call it Jiminy's Journal or Datascape for now.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
He's good in the KHIIFM+ Axel/Roxas scene. And he's good in KH3D. And he's good in Re:Coded. Other than that nah.

This, except that I like him in KH2 as a whole. It's been too long since I played Days to fully remember how he was there but I remember finding him annoying at the time. At least the cutscenes in 1.5 didn't do justice to him at all, maybe the text conversations that the movie didn't have were better. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back