• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite version of Dearly Beloved?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite version of Dearly Beloved

• Kingdom Hearts 1

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Birth By Sleep's "Dearly Beloved" because of how melancholic, yet hopeful it sounds. (I actually wrote a REALLY long comment-thing for KHI some years ago about BBS' "Dearly Beloved" back when I was just a bright-eyed member and I had fallen in love with the song so :x I really REALLY love it)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

After that it is KH3D's "Dearly Beloved" because it is so fun and cute, but still holds a lot of emotion.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And then one that isn't listed because it doesn't appear in any games, "Concert Paraphrase on Dearly Beloved". One of my favorite arrangements of "Dearly Beloved" that I adore.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oran

Awards
Hmm you know thinking about it and listening to them all no version of Dearly Beloved stands out from the others to me so I guess I don't have a favorite. All that comes to mind is how much I hated the Re:Coded arrangement when I first heard it through my DS.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow those piano and guitar versions were really good! I think the piano is the reason I like CoM's the most. BBS is a close second because of how sad it seems.

Wander

No love for the Days version?
It sets up the mood for the game perfectly, and the woodwind is amazing. It's the saddest rendition IMO but it's quality on the DS is meh.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The BBS version ties for #1, it's just beautiful as anyone else can tell you.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I'd say Birth by Sleep's after hearing them all again. ;n; So pretty~

And Birth by Sleep's Dearly Beloved plays during Blank Points, so maybe that's why I enjoy it most. :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's a tie between BBS, kh3d and Re:CoM for me. I also hold kh1 high up there cause of nostalgia. ;u;

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
It's a tie between the original, KH2's and 3D's. They were all so beautiful~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Definitely the BBS Version for me despite loving them all.
This version playing during the most intense part of Blank Points certainly influenced the decision though.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
BBB's Dearly Beloved. It's the most varied and the instrumentals (dat violin) are incredibly reflective of BBB's overall somber themes.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The more I listen to it, the more I love coded's arrangement. It so classic with the French horn and piano, and not as over the top and all over the place like some others, and it's got enough pep to make me not want to cry my eyeballs out either. Though picking a favorite is really a crime as they're all gorgeous pieces of work.

I really wouldn't say it's my favorite, but I've been listening to it a lot lately. Coded, KH1, and Days are my upper tier though. They circulate the number #1 spot.

Amazeballs. :O

State

Awards
Although my personal favorite iteration of Dearly Beloved is KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance.'s version, I have to admit that, Birth by Sleep's (the wining track) is AWEEESOOOME. XP

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'd have to go with Kingdom Hearts 1. It's the one I listen to most and gives me so many soothing feelings. Might take a listen to BBS Dearly Beloved. Since, it has the highest vote and I don't remember how it sounds. xD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It's kind of difficult for me to decide since they were all composed differently in different manners but...

The most soothing Dearly Beloved to listen to were KH1, KH Re:coded, and Days (1.5's version) because the instruments had less ruffness from synths/etc but I'm sure this may change once Yoko rearranges the other tracks in 2.5. The most dramatically composed were KH2 and BBS. The most playful was KH3D. The most melodramatic for me was KH2's Reprise and it's also my most favorite of the Reprises.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
Easy KH1. Because it was soothing and had wave crashing sounds along with it.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
Any of the multiple arrangements by Kyle Landry. From the games though, I was originally going to say Kingdom Hearts II. I'm going to stand by that decision though until I listen to all t he dearly beloved's. There are some I haven't heard yet and others I haven't heard in a long time. I'll make a final decision later.

EDIT: Probably a toss up between 3D and KH2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back