• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite treats you can no longer eat thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

As a person grows up, many of the things they enjoyed might disappear as they age. Some products are discontinued, or are just exceedingly expensive to the point where you can't indulge anymore. Such is the case with a lot of candy, ice cream, and other delectable desserts that are unfortunately gone at this point. I made this thread to reminisce on some of my childhood delicacies that i miss severely, and to hear about yours if you have any.
I'll start.

Anyone who is anyone has heard of italian ice. It's a simple creation, only requiring syrup and well, ice to make a cheap cold concoction on a sweltering summer day. But i remember having it a different way. When the ice cream truck came through my neighborhood a long time ago, It used to carry something called the great white shark ice cream pop.
il_570xN.458536888_96jk.jpg

It came in one flavor, was shaped like a shark, and was in my opinion, the BEST THING IN THE FREAKING UNIVERSE. good god how many times did i eat this thing? I'm a sucker for lemon flavored things and this was no exception. If i had a fridge filled with these things I'd be one of the happiest men on the planet. But unfortunately, it appears as though this frosty treat is no longer being made, as I was told one day in my youth. I was devastated to say the least. You don't know how good something is till it's gone.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I can pretty much eat anything, but back when I was a teenager, I had quit butter and chocolate because they provoked acne. So during that period of time, I had quit it, so to speeak. Haha.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For the longest time KFC had stopped serving hot wings...at least where I grew up they had stopped. I used to eat them all of the time as a kid when I was picky. Then they vanished for a long time and I forgot I ever ate them once they stopped serving them. Now that they've been back some many years, now, I can't eat them at all because they taste too salty to me and frankly I'd rather spend my money on WingStop wings than a gross fast food joint with their frozen refried wings.

TheMostRad

Altoids used to make Altoids-branded chewing gum. The flavor lasted about as long as barbecue at a wedding (which is to say, not long at all), but for the moments it lingered, your mouth was never colder.

Also, something something szechuan sauce reference.

solange

hahaha , important topic . it is very important that people like you are.

Gingers

I like this topic. If you're laughing, then you shouldn't be writing here.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't really drink soft drinks like cola anymore. It's pretty expensive. However, I wouldn't really want to drink it much because it still affects my skin, and I'm all about that skin care these days. You know, before I get all old and wrinkly and no one will have me.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Lucas powder candy. Like, they technically still exist but the ones I used to eat as a kid are no more. I'm talking about the one with the yellow cylinder container. I'm pretty sure they can't sell this anymore cuz they literally had toxic chemicals in them though, so...yeah.
You can still get the newer versions that have the blue and red top but they don't taste quite the same.

LostArtist

Awards
my mouth is watering, but I could always make some, but I'm lazy

Shawty

Awards
Since I became vegetarian there's a lot of candy I can't eat anymore, since a lot of them contain animal-derived gelatin. Where I live I used to eat these things called Cadillacs from the brand Autodrop. They were amazing and I'm still waiting for them to make a vegetarian-friendly option.
autodrop-forest-fruit-red-cadillacs.jpg

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Anything that's glazed. My taste buds get repulsed with the glaze after flavor. I just can't anymore. No more glazed Krispy Kreme donuts for me, or Honeybuns. :(

Soldier

Awards
Lucas powder candy. Like, they technically still exist but the ones I used to eat as a kid are no more. I'm talking about the one with the yellow cylinder container. I'm pretty sure they can't sell this anymore cuz they literally had toxic chemicals in them though, so...yeah.
View attachment 11617
You can still get the newer versions that have the blue and red top but they don't taste quite the same.
That;s a pretty strange looking candy, never heard of it, what did it taste like?
Since I became vegetarian there's a lot of candy I can't eat anymore, since a lot of them contain animal-derived gelatin. Where I live I used to eat these things called Cadillacs from the brand Autodrop. They were amazing and I'm still waiting for them to make a vegetarian-friendly option.
autodrop-forest-fruit-red-cadillacs.jpg
Ah, being a vegetarian must be difficult due to the limited amount of options for protein and things of that nature. Gummy shaped cars huh? I've seen bears, worms, octopi, sloths and even sharks, but cadillacs is something i'd never expect!
Anything that's glazed. My taste buds get repulsed with the glaze after flavor. I just can't anymore. No more glazed Krispy Kreme donuts for me, or Honeybuns. :(
Man, that must be tough. I suppose I can kind of relate, I can't handle the starchy after taste in certain foods like tacos or quesadillas. It's really offputting for me. Though I never really enjoyed those foods to begin with, so I guess that doesn't belong here now that i think about it.

Shawty

Awards
Ah, being a vegetarian must be difficult due to the limited amount of options for protein and things of that nature. Gummy shaped cars huh? I've seen bears, worms, octopi, sloths and even sharks, but cadillacs is something i'd never expect!

Nope, not at all. Everything contains protein. Meat is just recycled protein. In fact, I easily go over my daily protein needs. Now I just get it straight from the source! I actually think being vegetarian is a lot easier since there's way more variety in my meals and I'm eating a lot healthier in general.

And yeah, there's a bunch of different types of cars in their candy line lol. Trucks, regular cars, hell, even parking officers hahaha.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I miss tuna. :'l I guess I could eat it, but don't do so by choice. There's some really good meat-alternatives, but for tuna, I still haven't found the one.

BrightZA

Chewing gums, sugary drinks, food from fast-food restaurants... I also prefer dark chocolate more than milk chocolate.
What's more important I still love pizza, but my tastes are different. While I still like a classic pepperoni I found out that I like pineapple pizza and love experimenting with various pizza recipes, even got myself one of these so called pizza ovens for this.

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
53515-1-1540.jpg
Gold 'N' Nugit, little ice cream bars. These babies from Schwan's Home Delivery were my favorite. Started to not be able to afford getting them whenever they would stop by our home. Then the delivery people stopped coming after awhile and haven't had one since.

Oh yesss, the chewing gums, sugary drinks, and just gummies, in general, were the most favorite things. Really miss those days

Back