• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite SoNami moment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What was your favorite SoNami moment in CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I'm sorry, I misunderstood I guess. I thought it was all about romance. It's kinda lame in a way. Naminè is way more of a genuine person than Kairi, and she isn't even fully a person. But, unfortunately, it'll be SoKai, never SoNami.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm sorry, I misunderstood I guess. I thought it was all about romance. It's kinda lame in a way. Naminè is way more of a genuine person than Kairi, and she isn't even fully a person. But, unfortunately, it'll be SoKai, never SoNami.

As I said before, SoKai being canonized is the ultimate proof for SoNami.
But no more of that couple, SoNami only please in my thread >;

A

Azrael

I liked the moment in KH2 final mix when Sora finally did remember Namine and being a bit sad about not thanking her before fighting Xemnas

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Well there was sooooo many things I liked but I liked how Sora did try to make Namine smile. That cheered me up as well...err...what your probably asking. I got really into the game at that point. XD

DaisyDuck

Poor Namine nothing. She's pretty ruthless and decieving herself. She forced Sora into making an unbelievable sacrifice for someone he thought he knew but in truth it was all a lie. And when he knew the truth he saved her anyway, then and only then did she show an ounce of redeemability.

Even into KHII she's still manipulating the cast behind the scenes, DiZ included and don't get me started on the way she pulled all of Roxas's strings.

Her relationship with Sora is more comparable to Anthy and Utena than anything else. She is a character that cannot be saved and he saves her anyway, not because he loves her, that was a lie and he accepted it as such. He does it because he's a hero.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My arch-nemesis; I knew we would meet again.

Poor Namine nothing.

You're a bad, cold, heartless person.

She's pretty ruthless and decieving herself. She forced Sora into making an unbelievable sacrifice for someone he thought he knew but in truth it was all a lie. And when he knew the truth he saved her anyway, then and only then did she show an ounce of redeemability.

You're missing the issue of Namine confessing about everything, which came - when? Before Sora decided to save her despite it all, thank you. It was after this that he still chose to save her - but she still confessed, showing much more than an ounce of redeemability.
She didn't have to do it.
Had she been everything you make her out to be, what kept her from having Sora destroy the Organization, and then just rewrite his Memories yet again so he'd continue being her pawn?
It's called a conscious and guilt, neither are things you give her credit for having.

Even into KHII she's still manipulating the cast behind the scenes, DiZ included and don't get me started on the way she pulled all of Roxas's strings.

Yeah, because who knows better the pain of being unwhole and such a fleeting existence then Namine?
Bringing Sora and Roxas together would benefit the both of them all around.
Roxas joined the Organization to regain his Heart - he did thanks to her.
Roxas left the Organization to understand why he had the Keyblade - he did, by understanding Sora.
And I think she did more good for Riku than anyone else ever did.

Her relationship with Sora is more comparable to Anthy and Utena than anything else.

And even Anthy at the end wisened up and left the charade behind - for Utena, which is exactly what Namine did for Sora.

She is a character that cannot be saved and he saves her anyway, not because he loves her, that was a lie and he accepted it as such.

That's why he promised her that once he woke up, they'd be together for real. He understood the Memories were a lie, but he knew how those Memories made him feel, and like when she laughed - he saw that the Namine he remembers is the Namine he sees.
The Memories weren't a lie, they just never happened. There's a huge different between the two, and Sora understands this - which is exactly why he promised to be her friend properly once he woke up.
Circumstances had it that never came to pass, but Sora didn't know that at the time - all he cared about was not to lose Namine whom he saw as someone worthy of being his friend despite it all - because she did as much as she could for him at the end, and proved to be enough like what he remembered - and that, need I remind you, was a friend as close to him as Riku was.
Namine and Sora were both IC in the Memories; why wouldn't he want to have it for real?
Also fun fact you forgot, that promise at the end, hoozah.

He does it because he's a hero.

For Kairi too, keep that in mind, hon.

Last edited:

Ren

adios motherfucker
I love all of these moments (minus the last three). No fair.
What I found touching most of all is that Sora was everything to her and she was still willing to give everything back to him in the end. The fact that she was willing to live on without him, knowing that he would forget her, just so that he could be happy. Even though he was probably the most important person to her.
And I love Namine because she's also kind to everyone. XD

Especially when you compare her selflessness to Kairi. Knowing her, she would have kept Sora's memories the way they were and lied to him just to keep him. But I'll stop the baseless speculation and bashing here. :S

DaisyDuck

*ding ding* Round Two!

I never said I didn't like her. But she's not innocent nor praise worthy. True, as the game went on, she began to feel guilty, but she wouldn't have done a damn thing about it if Axel hadn't lit a fire under her, metaphorically speaking. Sora was clinging to her because by that time, (as Axel said) she was all he had. Just fake memories of someone who was chaining him to the will of a cruel and evil master mind.

She delvoped enough of a conscience in the end to restore his memory (something she btw insisted was impossible when Sora asked her to do it for the Replica) because kept on fighting for her, despite hearing the truth from Larxene and Namine herself, and witnessing Namine's brutal attack on the the Replica.

She is so very much like Anthy. And like Anthy she is anything but noble. The memories were a lie, she confesses as much. The promise Sora fought for was a lie. She did terrible things and he forgave her, thanked her even for the little bit of good she did do in the end (much like in KH II when he thanked the man he thought was Xehanort's Heartless).

Namine didn't derseve forgiveness or that new promise, and she knew it. That's why she worked so hard to restore Sora, to repay him that kindness and become worthy of being remembered.

I'll even go so far as to say SoNami does not exsist. Simply because Sora does not know Namine. He only met the real Namine once, twice if you count the scene in TWTNW. He made the promise to be her friend because that's what Sora does. He saves people. He is kind and noble, not to mention a sucker for a pretty face (he was even trying to impress Nala come'on!). He makes these promises to everyone.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*ding ding* Round Two!

xD

I never said I didn't like her. But she's not innocent nor praise worthy. True, as the game went on, she began to feel guilty, but she wouldn't have done a damn thing about it if Axel hadn't lit a fire under her, metaphorically speaking. Sora was clinging to her because by that time, (as Axel said) she was all he had. Just fake memories of someone who was chaining him to the will of a cruel and evil master mind.

It seemed to me as though the guilt was there from the start, she was just torn between feeling guilty and feeling lonely.
The more Sora fought for her, however, the less the loneliness mattered.
Also, saying that without Axel she'd have done nothing is unfair; we have no way of knowing that, especially if she was as cunning as you first made her out to be (something which seems to have soothed a lot in this post, I must admit. Did I get to you? Did I, Did I?! xD).
Also, albeit shown in the manga, Sora himself said the following -
Doing everything Marluxia told him to do just because Marluxia held Namine captive would not have been upholding his promise to protect her. In other words - even had Sora reached the top, it seems likely he'd have caught onto Marluxia actually holding Namine captive, either by seeing Marluxia and Larxene's behavior towards her, piecing it all together, or even Namine herself admitting so and asking him to save her.
The game could've gone on very differently and yet still reach the same ending, and then you wouldn't have had Axel to "blame" for Namine taking action - only Namine herself.
I said it before many times so I will now - even with Axel, Namine didn't have to go on. She was looking for a chance, Axel merely pinpointed one out.
Also, no one showed her the chance in KH2 for Roxas, as far as we know; that was all Namine.

She delvoped enough of a conscience in the end to restore his memory (something she btw insisted was impossible when Sora asked her to do it for the Replica) because kept on fighting for her, despite hearing the truth from Larxene and Namine herself, and witnessing Namine's brutal attack on the the Replica.

The Replica was different, seeing how he didn't have too many Memories of his own to begin with. His Memories of Namine and Sora were effectively everything he had in him, thus there was a dangerous risk in removing them.
Also, the whole issue of the Replika's Heart being fake might've played an issue; we don't know.
Then we have the issue of the circumstances - she attacked Repliku, yes, but why?
To save Sora.
And then she was sad and guilty and tried to make things better.
And it's not like they never spoke to each other at all, and as I said before - Sora held the Namine in his Memories dear. What he saw of the Namine he truly met was close enough for him to decide she was worth protecting, being effectively the same person he could care so much about.

She is so very much like Anthy. And like Anthy she is anything but noble. The memories were a lie, she confesses as much. The promise Sora fought for was a lie. She did terrible things and he forgave her, thanked her even for the little bit of good she did do in the end

Ah, but that's the whole point about both Namine and Anthy, although Namine seemingly had much more of a head start in the conscious department - them evolving and maturing by interacting with their Princes.
It was horrible, I agree, but when it comes down to it I can't help but want to see how they'd have been had they gotten their second chance.
Namine didn't have to be that good and you keep forgetting it. She did a lot for Sora by piecing his Memories back together, especially seeing how the easy way out would've been to rewrite them again altogether.
Then we remember how much danger what she did put her in both in CoM and KH2, and I have to admire her. I'm not putting guilt aside, but I find it hard to believe that was the sole reason for her doing what she did.
Also, there was always the chance of them yes meeting up again, and I have to wonder how any of that would've affected it all.

(much like in KH II when he thanked the man he thought was Xehanort's Heartless).

Whom he arguably knew was Riku.
He felt Rikunort being Riku in the two times he ran into him before. Seeing how he lost his cool in front of Xehanort's portrait in HB, I find it odd to think he'd have been so cool and collected next to him at all. True, he saved Kairi. And yet the Organization didn't seem to mistreat her all that much either. Keep in mind that Xehanort, above all else, would've had the motive to get Kairi, and you'll see why I find it hard to believe Sora simply thanked the man he had the reasons to hate the most.
Unless, of course - he knew this wasn't Xehanort.
The eyes play a major part for both Sora and Riku here - Riku wanted to lie to himself so he covered his eyes.
Sora's eyes were lying by staying open.
He felt it being Riku the two times he met Riku with the hood on, thus hiding his face. Now he had Xehanort's face clouding his logic, yet his Heart knew better, is how I see it.
You can't just say Sora walked up to Xehanort, slapped him on the back and ran off happily, because that's hardly the case.

I'll even go so far as to say SoNami does not exsist. Simply because Sora does not know Namine. He only met the real Namine once, twice if you count the scene in TWTNW. He made the promise to be her friend because that's what Sora does. He saves people. He is kind and noble, not to mention a sucker for a pretty face (he was even trying to impress Nala come'on!). He makes these promises to everyone.

And that's where I'll put it off as simply disagreeing with you completely. Sora is far more than just a people savor when it comes to the levels of obsession as portrayed in CoM (rivaled only by the HB scene in KH2 against Xemnas, imo). He saves people, yes, but not with that much passion, not with that much fire in him.
Also, his hormones only kicked in in KH2, meaning he wasn't that much of a sucker for a pretty face in CoM (and seeing how Namine and Kairi have the same face, I have to wonder how come Sora didn't show that much panic over Kairi in like forever, but that's a debate I do not want to get into right now xD).
And no, he hardly makes the promises he made to Namine to anyone. The Promises to Namine were special and only to her. Also, those were Promises he was intent to keep and that he yes remembered at the end, as opposed to the Promises to Kairi he seemed more than willing to let go of when he stayed with Riku at the Dark Ocean.

I personally dislike it greatly when people diss Sora as a people rescuer for one person, and yet defend another relationship to the end over just him saving that someone, as is the case a lot of SoKai in my opinion.
The Organization, for instance - they never knew anything about Sora's life save for him going to save Riku and Kairi in KH1. He saved her? Awesome, let's kidnap her because she's important to him.
Could've kidnapped Leon and he'd have gone gong ho over saving him, albeit in a different manner (for Leon is still a grown man as opposed to a girl Sora's age that never seemed able to fend for herself in Sora's experience).
Namine, however, made herself special to Sora, and he kept legitimizing not only his Memories of Namine, but also the feelings that were attached. He met the real Namine once?
I said it before, I'll say it again, and Sora said so himself -
The Namine from the Memories he held so dear was the Namine in front of him that one single time. Not saving her, even with everything, would be the equal of not saving Riku - and we all know how much Riku hurt Sora, don't we?
Sora gives people second chances; he also tried reaching out to Xemnas.
I don't see him so intent on bringing Xemnas home as he did for Riku though, or promising him they'll be friends for real once he regains his Memories as he did for Namine.
That's what makes Riku and Namine special amongst the people Sora saves, thus making him wanting to save them hold far more meaning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back