• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Original Worlds to Return

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
The talk has mostly been centered around Disney worlds but what about the originals? With some scenes of Destiny Islands, Twilight Town and the Land of Departure (or Daybreak Town? I wasn't able to see that video :p) in the teaser videos so far; I was wondering what original KH worlds would you like to see return? There are some worlds that seem like guarantees like Castle Oblivion since this is where Ventus resides and Radiant Garden since that seems to be the central hub for FF and Ex-Org 13 members.

List of original worlds:

Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure

Daybreak Town

Destiny Islands

End of the World (for the heck of it)

Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion

Keyblade Graveyard (Who wouldn't want this back?)

Mirage Arena (Again, who wouldn't want it back?)

Mysterious Tower

The World that Never Was

Traverse Town

Twilight Town

Bonus:
The Datascape

Feel free to say which you want and what's your favorite original world. Also leave ideas for new original worlds or even will there be a first FF based world?

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
I would say that, at this point, Destiny Islands. It is such a TEASE man. I want to explore the damn thing. lol

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I think I'd survive without Destiny Islands, but even though I say that, Square: Come on. Come oooooonnnnnnn.

I want to see the people of Radiant Garden again even if we don't go there specifically. And of course I want to see the Datascape, because without it coded and Maleficent's appearance in DDD are just going to look silly.

DropDistance

It would be awesome to explore Destiny Islands at its fullest, and not just the small hang out island. I want to explore the main island, where everyone resides, and maybe even a surfing/raft mini game lol.

I also want Twilight Town to return, as it is one of my favorite worlds in Kingdom Hearts, and there's so much more Nomura can do with the place, like make it a hub world like Disney Town.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I also would like to go to Destiny Islands. We have only scratched the surface of that place. Somehow I have kind always though, that Sora, Riku and Kairi could visit Xehanort`s home, if it still exist there.

Also The World That Never Was would be great. The Castle is huge, I would really like to explore it more. Also Iàm really interested to know how that world became the way it is now. What caused the giant hole and etc... Maybe we also could find info in there about the somebodies/original selves of Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord and Demyx.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think I'd survive without Destiny Islands, but even though I say that, Square: Come on. Come oooooonnnnnnn.

I want to see the people of Radiant Garden again even if we don't go there specifically. And of course I want to see the Datascape, because without it coded and Maleficent's appearance in DDD are just going to look silly.

I can only agree with that.
I could care less about Destiny Islands, except maybe the Mirage Arena it is probably the original world I am the least interested in.

One world I definitely would want to see (and explore) is a Radiant Garden brought back to the glory of the BBS times and then several times expanded on the PS4.

The Fountain Court and the Outer Gardens were already impressive on the PSP, so I can only imagine how gorgeous they must look in PS4 beauty.

Next in line would be Twilight Town and Land of Departure, both preferably also significantly expanded in order to provide more areas to explore on.
Heck, they could even realize several train stations in different districts of Twilight Town for the trains, just like Lindblum had with its Air taxis in Final Fantasy IX.
And for god's sake, add that goddamn beach everyone is talking about but which you never see (when you look acround in both Twilight Town itself and the sunset terrace, it seems like the whole town is entirely surrounded by forest).

At Land of Departure I would definitely want to take a tour around Eraqus' castle and the surrounding Landscape, actually tracing the whole way from the castle to the summit where TAV often spent their time training as we see the castle is on a completely different mountaintop than the training area in BBS.

Then I would probably place Daybreak Town, as what I have seen so far from screenshots of Chi seems to imply that it would quite the interesting place to explore.
It also seems almost so big that you could get lost in it.

Mysterious Tower is almost a given as it seems to be much like a home base/HQ for the good guys right now.

The Keyblade Graveyard is highly probably also a given as a site of the "fated encounter", although the world itself actually doesn't interest me much as it is practically nothing but a dusty, rocky desert with no real interesting sights to see.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
So many opinions so far I like it. Destiny Islands intrigues me because Sora and company might find out about xehanorts past or secrets to his plans. Radiant Garden is arguably the most detailed world and the largest. Plus its like stronghold with all its warriors. Just some quick observations!

Veritas7340

Both Riku and Young Xehanort thought Destiny Islands was too small. If there's anything more to that world, it's not much.

I really want to see a connection between the Keyblade Graveyard and the End of the World like the following: as the battle intensifies, the End of the World ominously starts to re-emerge due to the massive repercussions of trying to control Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds and beings.

Traverse Town should come back. Haven't played DDD, so I miss that place. Of course, Radiant Garden and Twilight Town will be cool and present too.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'd like to be able to go to the Land of Departure again after it's been restored from Castle Oblivion.

Destiny Islands is another place I'd want to go to. It doesn't even really need to be for major plot purposes, I just want to be able to explore the place properly just once.

I wouldn't mind the Mirage Arena coming back provided it does more than what it already did in Birth by Sleep and online multiplayer is a thing. Also, I think it'd make for a nice shout out to have Laguna in there seeing as this is where he would have been had he not been used in Dissidia Duodecim instead.

One world I definitely would want to see (and explore) is a Radiant Garden brought back to the glory of the BBS times and then several times expanded on the PS4.

The Fountain Court and the Outer Gardens were already impressive on the PSP, so I can only imagine how gorgeous they must look in PS4 beauty.

I can definitely agree here. I've recently played through Radiant Garden again in Birth by Sleep with Terra and Ventus and it looks pretty stunning despite the constraints born out of originally being on the PSP. The Kingdom Shader could do wonders on that one.

And for god's sake, add that goddamn beach everyone is talking about but which you never see (when you look acround in both Twilight Town itself and the sunset terrace, it seems like the whole town is entirely surrounded by forest).

This. More to the point, I really want to be able to see a cutscene where Roxas is able to go there with Hayner, Pence and Ollete.

Then I would probably place Daybreak Town, as what I have seen so far from screenshots of Chi seems to imply that it would quite the interesting place to explore.
It also seems almost so big that you could get lost in it.

Definitely this. The aesthetic looks beautiful.

hemmoheikkinnen said:
Also The World That Never Was would be great. The Castle is huge, I would really like to explore it more. Also Iàm really interested to know how that world became the way it is now. What caused the giant hole and etc... Maybe we also could find close in there about the somebodies/original selves of Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord and Demyx.

Yes. At the very least, I want to know why that truck was there to begin with.

Veritas7340 said:
I really want to see a connection between the Keyblade Graveyard and the End of the World like the following: as the battle intensifies, the End of the World ominously starts to re-emerge due to the massive repercussions of trying to control Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds and beings.

Traverse Town should come back. Haven't played DDD, so I miss that place. Of course, Radiant Garden and Twilight Town will be cool and present too.

That first idea would be a really cool connection, actually.

Also, I'd love to have the chance to go back to Traverse Town again.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Destiny Islands intrigues me because Sora and company might find out about xehanorts past or secrets to his plans.

There isn't anything to find out because Xehanort formulated his plans only after he left the Islands and became a Keyblade Wielder.

During BBS, Xehanort already states what his "relationship" with his homeworld is and how he sees it: "A prison, surrounded by water."
In fact Xehanort loathed the place and never went back to the world until he decided to dump Ventus there (when it looked like he would be of no further use to him) which happened four years before BBS when he already was an old man.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'd like to be able to go to the Land of Departure again after it's been restored from Castle Oblivion.

You raise a troublesome point. Realistically speaking, the plot must go to Castle Oblivion at some point in KH3. But would KH3 really let us go to both Castle Oblivion and the Land of Departure, especially when Kingdom Hearts is so good about not locking you out of old locations and treasures?

Are we likely to see just Castle Oblivion in KH3, and the Land of Departure is never restored? Just The Land of Departure, with Castle Oblivion being visted only in cutscenes? Or both, possibly with some sort of switch or portal to visit the other side?

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Alright fine Destiny Islands doesn't have to have a plot angle. It just seems to good to pass up considering its home to 4 keyblade wielders and every single keyblade wielder, except Lea and Eraqus, has been there before. Seems a little underrated is all.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
You raise a troublesome point. Realistically speaking, the plot must go to Castle Oblivion at some point in KH3. But would KH3 really let us go to both Castle Oblivion and the Land of Departure, especially when Kingdom Hearts is so good about not locking you out of old locations and treasures?

Are we likely to see just Castle Oblivion in KH3, and the Land of Departure is never restored? Just The Land of Departure, with Castle Oblivion being visted only in cutscenes? Or both, possibly with some sort of switch or portal to visit the other side?
Since this point was brought out I adjusted the list to make CO and LoD the same world. I wasn't thinking about it until it was mentioned

Veritas7340

kuraudoVII said:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Veritas7340

Traverse Town should come back. Haven't played DDD, so I miss that place. Of course, Radiant Garden and Twilight Town will be cool and present too."

That first idea would be a really cool connection, actually.

Also, I'd love to have the chance to go back to Traverse Town again.

Thanks man! I wonder how KHIII is going to fit most of the worlds in the game.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Hmm...good question, I think my favorite world was the World that Never Was though, that or Hollow Bastion. The Land of Departure would be cool too I guess. Oh! What about the Realm of Darkness? Having Sora beat like 50,000 Heartless even few steps with a huge RxN command.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
What about the Realm of Darkness? Having Sora beat like 50,000 Heartless even few steps with a huge RxN command.
I like how you think. Another huge 1 vs thousands heartless battle would be an epic add to KH3! Especially in the RoD, maybe looking for Aqua.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Well, I'd say Twilight Town for all its beauty, but it's already confirmed in the trailers so I'm good ♥

I want TWTNW for the atmosphere it had in DDD *shivers* It would be amazing to explore on that darn huge TV xD
I think Destiny Islands is kinda inevitable, it's gonna be there for sure. Also Land of Departure in a way or another, as Castle Oblivion more likely, because we need to get Ven out of there! and the Keyblade Graveyard too, because Lingering Will is still wandering there..
Now that I think about it, we have pretty many original KH worlds and I love them all :D

johnr

Can someone tell me where I go if I had a question about the game for someone to answer

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Can we get some appreciation going for 'End of The World'? I mean, there's a few good reasons why it can't come back, but it was the perfect 'wild card' ending world, with each room being completely different, but all hauntingly beautiful. It's so memorable. The giant pink sea at the beginning, the large platforming room, the world-portal area, Chernabog, and the hellish gauntlet of Heartless at the end. It was 1000x more challenging than any other wave of enemies we've faced in the series. Invisibles, Angel Stars, everything inbetween, and even a visit from Behemoth.

We should at least get a 'realm of darkness' world that uses the same ideas.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
We should at least get a 'realm of darkness' world that uses the same ideas.

With this I totally agree. Playing as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness was very cool and the atmosphere was memorable, so more Realm of Darkness exploration would be amazing, or going to worlds withing that realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back