• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Ninja Weapon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What's your ninja weapon?

• Shobo (ring with small projecting wedge to target pressure points)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hijo (gunpowder-filled ball with a sharp stick going through it and thrown as a dart)

• Shikoro (saw with a triangular blade)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prajna

The vast variety of weapons a ninja was trained to manipulate were quite elaborate but have become a cliche in pop culture.

I could only list ten weapons in the poll so if there is another weapon you prefer please list and describe it below.

katana.jpg
The Katana, which was a sword that was used as tool more often as a weapon. Using all of it's aspects to reach higher places or fight off various foes. One of the most versatile weapons for any warrior, especially a ninja.

kunai_10_single_540.jpg
The kunai was originally used as a gardening tool. It's a trowel like device that is used for gouging.

The shikoro was actually two weapons. It was a saw with a triangular blade and also a sword with teeth.

thick_ninja_shuriken_540.jpg
Shuriken are weapons we are all familiar with. Always seen in the Kung Fu movies. The shuriken was a throwing star which came in many different shapes and sizes. Some would have 4 points, others would have 8.

sunt001.gif
This was, in feudal era times, a small wooden ring with a projecting wedge that was used to target pressure points.

Hijos were gunpowder-filled balls of paper with a sharp stick stuck through it to be thrown like a dart.

Tekkokagi.JPG
These are called Hokode. They were used to make quick work of enemies by just swinging your arms.

kusarigama.jpg
The Kusari-Gama was a chain and sickle combination that was used to climb as well as for combat.

europeanknightshalberd.jpg
Halbred or naginata was a weapon not to often used by the ninja because of it's size but was a very efficient way of getting things done.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
None of them.

The ninja is a crappy warrior anyway.

Prajna

∞;5119048 said:
None of them.
The ninja is a crappy warrior anyway.

Yeah, it sort of all depends if you came face to face with one though. There is more to the ninja than the hollywood conception of what a ninja actually is.

Last edited:

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Black Egg... Don't underestimate.

Hollowed out egg shell with crushed glass, peppers, sand, etc stuffed into it. The Ninja tosses it at the eyes of his opponent and bam, sight's gone now he is easily sustainable to anything.

Prajna

Oh yeah, I've read about those before, torinoke. They would even use shredded bits of metal to damage the eyes permanently although crushed glass would do that as well. ^_^

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
I heard somewhere that Katanas aren't really ninja weapons. Apparently, only Samurai are allowed (honorable enough) to wield them. If I recall right, that same source listed the Watusabi or something like that as the ninja's sword.

Prajna

I heard somewhere that Katanas aren't really ninja weapons. Apparently, only Samurai are allowed (honorable enough) to wield them. If I recall right, that same source listed the Watusabi or something like that as the ninja's sword.

Well, then again Ninja weren't honorable warriors. The Kunoichi, or female ninja, would offer themselves sexually in order to obtain information about certain missions. The ninja did use the katana though. It was one of the most versatile weapons in their arsenal. They would sometimes use the scabbard as a second sword and the tsuba or gaurd that they could use as a step while trying to reach greater heights so to do this they needed to balance on the blade of the sword with the blade onto the ground and the handle upright. The scabbard was also good for storing blinding powders that they could launch as they drew their sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back