• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Kingdom Hearts lines <3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

welken

Awards
The full speech is much longer, but this is my favorite bit from Ansem the Wise's message to Riku in DDD:

"Our most precious treasures—even an empty puppet—the trees of the forest, and the petals on the wind—there are hearts around us everywhere we look. And it does not take superhuman powers to see them. Surely we remember as children the way our hearts made everything seem so shiny, and perfect. Sora has a heart like that—uncorrupted, willing to see the good before the bad. When he sees the heart in something, it then becomes real."

I thought that was a touching message about the value of a light-hearted perspective that transcends the game. It's also a good summary of what makes Sora, Sora.

I love this one too from the Wiseguy, from KH2:

"The process of encoding hearts is incalculable. The inhabitants of my Twilight Town were data created from real hearts. I was convinced that they would act and behave the way I had envisioned—but I couldn't have been more wrong. A heart is so much more than any system. I saw it when Roxas and Kairi crossed paths. I knew. But I was too stubborn to accept it. It's always the same. I try to wrap my mind around things my heart already knows, only to fail. While I was trying to bring Sora back, I had so many plans in store. But once Sora was an acting force, they fell apart. All my research amounted to nothing, compared with that one boy's heart."

D

Deleted member 252753

One of my favourite lines for its delivery is Young Xehanort's reply to Sora after fighting the Lich in KH3:

Sora: So what, you're worried about me now?
YX: No, there's no saving you

I think Young Xehanort is Xehanort's most overtly evil incarnation and I love the cold, matter-of-fact, but cruel way Benjamin Diskin says that last line.

Chie

Awards
My favorite by far, the one I keep coming back to in my head...

"You are not gonna wake up, okay? Look, there's no real vs. dreams anymore. There's just you, us, and this." -Xigbar

Probably the height of DDD fully diving into the deliberate WTF-ery, as well as some of Xigbar's other lines in that scene ("We have to his these plot points in order, Sora."). It hits hard and is what makes DDD (and Xigbar!) special.

Of course I also love Billy Zane's Ansem speech, and a ton of great dialogue from Days/KH2 Roxas opening.

I also loved Riku's "I know you don't believe that." in the KH3 trailer, was less impactful in context though.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I also loved Riku's "I know you don't believe that." in the KH3 trailer, was less impactful in context though.

Huh. I hadn't seen the trailer and this line was one of my favorite. I found it very impactful in context. But I've now watched the trailer to see what you meant and does sound awesome, too. I guess if you've heard it in the trailer first, you've had time to imagine a context and so it ruins the in-game experience a little bit. I'm glad I avoided all those spoilers! It's one of the best lines in the game anyway <3 Definitely top 5, surrounded by YX lines ("there's no saving you" is soooo good).

D

Deleted member 252753

SaÏx's parting words in KH2:

"Why? Kingdom Hearts, where is my heart?"

This line, spoken as the dying SaÏx reaches out to Kingdom Hearts, is one of few I remember clearly from my original playthrough on the PS2. I said before how in KH2 Saïx seems unfeeling and cruel, and this is true up until your battle with him. In the battle itself, he reveals a violent rage in his Beserker mode, and then at the end he shows a pitiful longing to be fully human again and I think it's a really striking moment.

I like the KH3 Organization death scenes too, which generally have a similar tone to Saïx's original death but they this scene packs at least the same emotional punch with just seven words. Also, in KH2 we don't expect Saïx to be recompleted so his death, when his goal was almost literally within reach, is extra sad.

DanChaos1

Awards
Website
bit.ly
There are so many powerful lines in the series, but the ones that always stick with me are the ones I've naturally absorbed into my vocabulary and not only share with my friends, but also hear them say themselves even when they have no idea what I am quoting from! Others that impact me so are ones that leave me feeling raw emotion, such as sadness, joy, or hope.

Xemnas's "Indeed". That low-toned authorization was as sinister as it was absolute.

Spirit of the Magic Mirror's "How unfortunate". It was a stern yet solemn admission of defeat; impersonal yet respectful.

Lexaeus's "We wait, see what develops". A strong tactic coming from a strong character, and yet the words seemed to come from personal experience.

Riku (Ansem)'s "Heal this!". One of those rare instances of an adversary acknowledging your gameplay, which somehow legitimatized the conflict for me.

Aqua's "There's always a way". That moment of clarity and hope had me smiling from ear to ear, and then when Simple and Clean plays immediately after I'm left with a feeling of satisfaction.

Roxas's "Looks like my summer vacation is... over". It was heartbreaking; a pass-the-torch moment coupled with an admission of defeat, an acceptance of destiny. His life had only just begun to have meaning before he had to give it away.

There are many more I love, and in no particular order, but to keep from writing pages of analytics and personal experiences I'll stop here :).

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I was gonna say "Sora, you're lucky. Looks like my summer vacation is over." What a tearjerker.

I also love all of Kairi's letters that appear in the opening of KH3. "There's no smile your heart can't reach."

When I shut off the light at night sometimes I like to say "Darkness is the heart's true essence" in my best Ansem voice. But thats because it was a fantastic line reading that makes me laugh.

2 quid is good

Awards
We may never meet again but we'll never forget each other

I actually love Sora quoting this line more than I even love the original, because it's so playful and he really does do a decent Leon impression. And just the mere fact that he does it makes me believe that the relationship the two of them share is real and strong, it's very endearing, almost exactly like what a little brother would say.

As for my favourite line, it's this gem:

"Well, I doubt we can be together forever. But isn't that what growing up's all about? What's important isn't how often we see each other, but how often we think about each other. Right?"

KH2 was my first KH game, and I played it at age 11, at a time when I had recently moved schools away from the multicultural environment I had been in my whole life to a suburban private school where I stood out quite a bit. I missed my old friends so much that I actively tried to sabotage my parents' efforts to give me a better education (because as far as I could see, I was being pushed into a very white, middle class school with people I had never met before, and that was the WORST). Fortunately enough for me the sabotaging failed, and I did get a good education there, but I never really stopped missing my friends. This line from Hayner genuinely helped me a lot through that time, and I still do ponder over it from time to time because of how true it rings. Because at 11, you think the people you've known for the last 7 years will be with you forever, but I don't need to be in the same place with someone I care about everyday just to keep being close with them, in reality, that doesn't matter. Just like everything else, it's quality over quantity.

And as it turns out, I'm 21 now and I'm still in touch with those friends and meet up, so yeah, what matters most is how often we think about each other and how we show we still care, even if we don't see each other everyday.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I actually love Sora quoting this line more than I even love the original, because it's so playful and he really does do a decent Leon impression. And just the mere fact that he does it makes me believe that the relationship the two of them share is real and strong, it's very endearing, almost exactly like what a little brother would say.

As for my favourite line, it's this gem:

"Well, I doubt we can be together forever. But isn't that what growing up's all about? What's important isn't how often we see each other, but how often we think about each other. Right?"

KH2 was my first KH game, and I played it at age 11, at a time when I had recently moved schools away from the multicultural environment I had been in my whole life to a suburban private school where I stood out quite a bit. I missed my old friends so much that I actively tried to sabotage my parents' efforts to give me a better education (because as far as I could see, I was being pushed into a very white, middle class school with people I had never met before, and that was the WORST). Fortunately enough for me the sabotaging failed, and I did get a good education there, but I never really stopped missing my friends. This line from Hayner genuinely helped me a lot through that time, and I still do ponder over it from time to time because of how true it rings. Because at 11, you think the people you've known for the last 7 years will be with you forever, but I don't need to be in the same place with someone I care about everyday just to keep being close with them, in reality, that doesn't matter. Just like everything else, it's quality over quantity.

And as it turns out, I'm 21 now and I'm still in touch with those friends and meet up, so yeah, what matters most is how often we think about each other and how we show we still care, even if we don't see each other everyday.
You have a way happier fate with your friends unlike in 5 Centermeters per second.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I love an irritatingly memorable battle quote, so here's my favorite from each Limit Cut fight.

YMX: "Don't blink!"
Xion: "Ready, Sora?"
Vanitas: "Writhe!"
Dark Riku: "One more!"
Terranort: "Dark times ahead."
Marluxia: "Settle down!"
Larxene: "I will break you."
Luxord: "Where'd I go?"
Saix: "The moon shines down!"
Xigbar: "Let's make it interesting!"
Xemnas: "Leaving?"
Ansem: "Return to darkness!"
Xehanort: "Fall before these broken keys!" (not a Limit Cut line but Christopher Lloyd is fucking crazy here and I love it)

D

Deleted member 252753

Xigbar: Oh... Thank you, Sora's heart, for pushing him right into our clutches. Aren't hearts great? Steer us wrong every time.

I like looking at that line knowing Xigbar is Luxu and thinking abot the MoM's phrase, 'May your heart be your guiding key', which his apprentice is basically saying is a really bad idea.

Generally I like how the 'May your heart...' phrase is kind of ironic. On the face of it means 'do what your heart feels is right', which implies people have free will but the way it's used, especially in Back Cover, marks things actually moving according to plan/destiny, at least to me.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Xigbar: Oh... Thank you, Sora's heart, for pushing him right into our clutches. Aren't hearts great? Steer us wrong every time.

I like looking at that line knowing Xigbar is Luxu and thinking abot the MoM's phrase, 'May your heart be your guiding key', which his apprentice is basically saying is a really bad idea.

Generally I like how the 'May your heart...' phrase is kind of ironic. On the face of it means 'do what your heart feels is right', which implies people have free will but the way it's used, especially in Back Cover, marks things actually moving according to plan/destiny, at least to me.
The thing about this quote is that when one keeps in mind that emotions come from the heart it is actually an invitation or encouragement to be completely ruled by your own emotions shutting out or shunning logic, which is at least partly what the Foretellers eventually do.
By acting only on personal feelings though one is prone to misunderstand things and rush into things without thinking them through or generally making wrong judgements because of seeing things only through your own emotional glasses.

Xehanort is practically the opposite with shutting out all emotions and operating solely on a pragmatic mindset based solely on logic, ambition and goal-orientation which comes over as being a cold-hearted evil bastard incapable of empathy and compassion.

The crux is that both mindsets can and if followed for too long will become harmful to both the people following them and those around them.
The right mix between emotionalism and pragmatism is where the actual solution lies.

Back