• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Kingdom Hearts lines <3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I’m inspired by all those positive threads, so here’s one topic I’ve been wanting to gush about for a while. Sure KH dialogues can be utterly ridiculous and repetitive sometimes (oh well…), there are some frustrating mistranslations, some unfortunate deliveries due to different sentence lengths, and what not. Nonetheless, there are many lines throughout the games that have wrecked me emotionally or made me laugh, or both! So how about we share the love?

This is a thread for all the lines you like to remember and quote, including the silliest ones!

I've scribbled some personal, spoiler-free thoughts about each line under the spoiler tags. A little spoilery for 1 and 5.

1) “Hmmm… I dunno Riku, you say some weird stuff sometimes… but I’ll try it!” (Sora, BBS)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

2) “It’s Riku.” (Riku, DDD)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

3) “Mmm, technically yes. But I won’t send it. It’s more for me.” (Kairi, KH3)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

4) “Nevermind.” (Re:Mind, Secret Episode)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

5) “I’ve— I’ve been alone so long that having someone else around is… is a little… overwhelming.” (Riku, CoM Reverse/Rebirth)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

There are many, many more lines I love, but these are the first five that really hit me and stuck with me, feels and voice and all.

So…
Spoiler Spoiler Show
:D

[I keep making minor formatting edits. Don't mind me.]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

This is a great idea for a thread and I really love how you explain what you like about each line and how it works in context. I have loads of lines that I love (I feel bad for trashing the translations when some of the lines sound so great). I'll have a go at explaining some of my favourites like you when I gather my thoughts but it might take a while so I wanted to say how great your OP is already.

Awards
Off the top of my head:

Kairi's "You're home" always gets me.

"I'll always be there to bring you back!!" always hits hard every time i hear it

Master Xehanort's "If you survive that long" right before the music drops is soooooo good

Until I played TLOU2 "Who else will I have ice cream with" was probably the saddest thing I had ever heard in a video game. perfect line for the moment and the characters involved.

Riku Replica saying to RIku "I'm me he says" is one of the most "kingdom hearts" quotes in kingdom hearts history

Don't know if it counts as a line, but anytime Vanitas laughs in BBS is amazing. Don't really know how to explain it. It's just so sadistic and evil, but also joyful and childish. I love it

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately" was always great, but now it's even more iconic because of Re:mind

Even though Ansem SOD preaching about Darkness has become a meme, I still love his "One who knows nothing can understand nothing" speech at the beginning of KH1, and his "To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison" speech at the end of the game. Some of the best voice acting in the entire series there.

Axel's "I'm so flattered" Is great

Sora's classic "I know now... without a doubt, that Kingdom Hearts is Light!!" It's soooooo cheesy, but I love it anyway. Just because Haley Joel Osment still had a little boy voice, and you can tell he's putting his all into making it sound believable, and he nails it.

Larxene's "no one asked you for your garbage opinion" might be the hardest I've ever laughed at a kingdom hearts quote

Xemnas' naturally bass boosted voice muttering "Unfortunately... I don't" was cool

and of course "Demyx time!" is the greatest line in the KH series. Hands down. End of discussion.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My favorite line is an insult. Me and my friends used to quote this all the time making fun of the tone of the scene.

I am a servant of the world. And if I'm a servant, then you should consider yourself a tool, at best.

Who else will I have ice cream with?

It comes together.

Now for my fave Luxord quotes:
Only a fool bends to the cards. We shape our fates through action. Sometimes fun and games can make a serious difference in life.

It's tough being at the bottom of the food chain. But what's chess without pawns? I just hope luck sees fit to allow us both to carry on with our roles.

Luck's like that. A window of opportunity can open and close in the blink of an eye. It's whether or not you can jump on the chance when it arises that determines a man's fate.

Fear leads to obsession with power, and obsession beckons the Darkness.
I love the fact that Luke Sky, I mean Mark Hamill says that line, gives it another layer of meaning.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
My favorite lines are the ones I quote and re-quote regularly.

"Clever Little Sneak"-Xigbar

"I don't get it, the Candelabra doesn't want to be a Candelabra?"-Roxas

"Sora, you lazy bum. I knew I'd find you snoozing down here"-Kairi

"Axel what is love?"-Roxas

"Better settle down there, Master"-Vanitas

"Dance water, dance"-Demyx

"When in doubt give it a good smack"-Xion

"You're going to forget making that promise"-Namine

"How the wielders weep for you"-Master Xehanort

"I'M UNSTOPPABLE!"-Dark Riku

"Get'em!"-Xion

"Zexion? ZEXION!"-Vexen

"Looks like my summer vacation is over"-Roxas

"How dare you get a happy ending? How dare you?!"-Hades

"It's a secret"-Terra

"Your jaw should have hit the floor at my sheer genius"-Master of Masters

"You go to far! In the Organization you are number eleven. I am number four and I will not..."-Vexen

I have a lot more but this list is already huge. This isn't even counting quotes from the novel and manga.

Last edited:

legacier

Awards
Ansem: "But first, isn't it time you told me your true name?"
Riku: "It's Ansem."
Ansem: "It's an honor, Ansem!"

Ansem, SoD: "Take a look at this tiny place. To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison surrounded by water. And so this boy sought out to escape from his prison. He sought a way to cross over into other worlds. And he opened his heart to darkness."

The line was good to begin with, but it's made even better by the realization that he's talking about himself as well as Riku. And in terms of delivery, I think it was one of Billy Zane's best lines overall.

Xemnas: "Sora, are you certain you can trust Riku? Riku, are you sure you are not jealous of Sora?"

I mostly like how well this line expresses Xemnas's insidious and manipulative nature and makes the battle feel much more personal than KH1's final battle.

Sora: "It's Riku... Riku's here! I looked for you! I looked everywhere for you!"

This line is so simple, but so impactful. For this one, I think the delivery is what really makes it. Sora's awe and disbelief at something as simple as being in the presence of his best friend is almost surprising, and it gives you a real sense of how much this reunion means for Sora. Really, I think the entire scene was perfect, but this line stands out to me because it's a character-defining moment for Sora.

Larxene: "Become that geezer's heart tank? No thanks."

Again, this comes down to delivery. Almost as a rule I find Larxene's voice to be obnoxious and grating, especially in KH3, though I think that's by design. She has such an over-the-top, exaggerated persona, but this moment is a rare expression of genuine emotion for her, and it comes across well as a reminder that, in spite of her best efforts, Larxene is still human after all.

Xemnas: "I thought you'd praise me, but all you ever did was hold me back."

Though he tries to sound mocking, there's genuine hurt in this line. At least, that's how I hear it. But I really like this quote because it reflects my interpretation of Xemnas—that despite everything, part of him really did want Ansem's approval, even in the end.

Aqua: "I'm not afraid. I will face the long darkness. The next time someone wanders into the realm of darkness, I'll be here. A light to cut through all the shadows. I will be their wayfinder. And one day, I'll return to Terra and Ven. I am Master Aqua, and that's a promise."

There's not much that need be said for this; simply put, it's Aqua at her best.

Yozora: "I will save you."

We've seen so little of Yozora, and admittedly he's mostly on this list because I want so desperately to see more of him. But for what we have so far, I think this is his defining line because it shows the character behind the uncaring facade he put up for Sora. And I think Dylan Sprouse did a great job, of course. I guess being in Kingdom Hearts means he's technically a Disney kid again?

Xemnas: "Really? It must take... incredible strength."

This was just a perfect line for Xemnas to end on... there's not much more to say about it.

okhi12

Awards
MoM: Vanish, dim, fade... I don't know how to explain it. It's just hypothetical talk.

MoM: Well, If you want to give it a shot...
Ira: Yes.
MoM: Allrighty. Good luck!

All MoM scenes are great quotes because of Ray Chase, but that scene and those lines in particular always get me. Also Gula suggesting Aced to growl at Nightmares and MoM encouraging Aced to do so, though I don't remember the exact words.

Awards
"I am me! Nobody else!"

This line encapsulates Roxas's feelings and his fight to be his own person perfectly.

He's not Sora, and he's not Ventus. He's Roxas. His memories and feelings are his own.

It also makes me sad, cuz even after all he went through, and after he truly became an independent person...people still treat him as just Sora's Nobody. Just like how people still treat Xion and Naminé as a Sora replica and Kairi's Nobody respectively.

okhi12

Awards
"I am me! Nobody else!"

This line encapsulates Roxas's feelings and his fight to be his own person perfectly.

He's not Sora, and he's not Ventus. He's Roxas. His memories and feelings are his own.

It also makes me sad, cuz even after all he went through, and after he truly became an independent person...people still treat him as just Sora's Nobody. Just like how people still treat Xion and Naminé as a Sora replica and Kairi's Nobody respectively.
I understand what you mean because I fear Nomura will probably only keep using those characters as a plot device just because of their connection to Sora, neglecting them a chance to shine as their own individuals, but maybe we should wait before judging...

Roxas, Xion and Namine returned at the very end of KH3 and I don't think the other characters treated them in any particular way... actually there was no time for many interactions, and the little bit they showed in ReMind was just cheesy bonding fanservice.
Maybe if they get their own game they will be further developed as characters. After all, that's what they always strived for, to be their own people.

Awards
I understand what you mean because I fear Nomura will probably only keep using those characters as a plot device just because of their connection to Sora, neglecting them a chance to shine as their own individuals, but maybe we should wait before judging...

Roxas, Xion and Namine returned at the very end of KH3 and I don't think the other characters treated them in any particular way... actually there was no time for many interactions, and the little bit they showed in ReMind was just cheesy bonding fanservice.
Maybe if they get their own game they will be further developed as characters. After all, that's what they always strived for, to be their own people.
I...wasn't really talking about it like that though. I meant it in more of a "parts of the fanbase" sense.

But this is getting off-topic. ;^^ This is about favorite KH lines.

Stuff like "Should I open the chest?" "Yes, that is generally what we do."

Katsagu

Awards
Squall: "Think you can handle this many?"
Cloud: "Well...might be tough if one more shows up."
Squall: "Then that'll have to be the one I take care of."
Cloud "What? You're fighting too?"

I love it so goddamn much. I just love cloud's first response.

giphy.gif

Make FF important again in future games. PLEASE!

D

Deleted member 252753

Saïx: If I had a heart, this would be where I would die of laughter.
It's such a perfect bit of sarcasm from him in KH2, where he seems the most Nobody-like of the Organization with Xemnas.

Eonstar890

Awards
I don't know how I am just now discovering this thread but I love it and I already have a list of my fave quotes in my notes that I like to look at every now and then.

"Remember, there are no winners. Only truths. For when equal powers clash, their nature is revealed" - Eraqus

I don't know why, but this line really stuck with me. It foreshadows Terra's struggle with darkness, but I really like how it is a throwaway line that speaks to a larger theme in storytelling and the world at large. To me it sums up how BBS ends, with no one getting what they really wanted (now winners) but a lot of truths about themselves and each other revealed.

"Strength of heart can carry you through the hardest of trials" - Terra

Another simple line but its one I like to repeat whenever hit with an obstacle or challenge. It resonates with Cinderella who has been bullied her whole life but doesn't give up hope in her dreams.

"Darkness is the heart's true essence. All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end every hearts return to the darkness whence they came." - Terra -Xehanort

The first time hearing this line was one of the most bone chilling moments of my life. I was blind sided by the fact that Terra becomes possessed but the moment it happened all the pieces fell into place and I was so shocked and awed. Hearing those lines uttered in this incarnation was such a perfect moment and one of my faves of the series.

"We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that or hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. There are many worlds, but they share the same sky. One sky, one destiny." - Kairi

This line does a great job of encapsulating the part of Kingdom Hearts that shows despite the vast numbers of worlds and characters, of morals and ideals, we are all truly one. In the end everyone is striving for what they believe will make them happy. Its a sweet sentiment and perfect for Kairi

Now some funny ones:

"Oh, like this is fair... No use, I gotta run for it." - Riku, DDD Classic Riku sarcasm

"What?! You're not smart! Or capable, or likeable, or attractive. A cereal bowl would make a better vessel." - Larxene, KH3
The PERFECT Larxene line and honestly? I low-key think she had/has a crush on Demyx based off this line

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Just want to add something quickly, even though I have so many:

"Looks like my summer vacation is... over."

The perfect way for Roxas to acknowledge his imminent "death". So sad especially because I remember playing KH2 and wanting to get straight to Sora, and I'm right in front of Sora, but now I don't want Roxas to go :'(

SweetYetSalty

Awards
"Hello there, somebody I don't know"-Winnie the Pooh

"Me? I'm already half Xehanort"-Xigbar

"That last wonder wasn't very wonderful"-Roxas

"Roxas, that's a stick"-Xion

"Show me at once, fool!"-Maleficent

"Don't squander your time."-Luxord

"And in the meantime I'll turn Santa Claus into Santa Heartless"-Maleficent

"Are you still here? Why don't you Oogie on back where you came from. You're crampin' my style!"-Oogie Boogie

"Roxas, do you think I could be a friend?"-Xion

Just some more quotes I like. There is a Demyx one I always get a chuckle out of. I'll edit that in when I remember what it was LOL.

Last edited:
Back