• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Enemy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

Note: I was initially going to chalk this up to the individual heartless, nobody and unversed threads, but seeing as there are a lot of unique enemies in the game that work off one another so well, I just decided to put them all together.
Well, This is kind of weird, first time posting something on the revamped KHI for me? time to christen this occasion the only way I know how, with another pointless thread!
In KH 3 Sora and Co. fight a LOT of embodiment's of darkness, some new, some old, and some are advanced versions of pre existing heartless (Don't you tell me that the Gold beat isnt an evolved version of the Yellow Opera, I've seen how those things move). So I made this thread to share our appreciation for those that get in our way! You can choose any of the categories I mentioned and a boss if you're so inclined.
For me, my favorite heartless is....
The marionettes from ToyBox, yeah I know massive shocker that it isn't the original soldier, but hear me out. I'm a sucker for gimmicky enemies in games, and what better gimmick than an enemy that has many forms and does what a heartless well, does. Marionettes possess the toys in Galaxy Toys, turning them evil and rather destructive of the place. And the fact that it all takes place in a TOY STORE makes it even better. I often just wander Galaxy Toys hoping that the marionettes possess as many toys as possible for one epic and strange fight!
For nobodies, I'm sticking with the Dusk. Man was the unreal engine kind to these things. Their movements are more abnormal than in KH 2. I remember fighting them in kingdom of corona, and I happened to smack one into a wall. Instead of just bouncing back from the blow, It actually flattened itself out and comically fell to the ground like in the 1920's era cartoons. And in the cutscenes whoo boy are these guys given the grand treatment. They lost their rhythmic fishlike movement through the air for what can only be described as elongated rubber creeping towards you. These guys were given their just desserts as the most basic form of Nobodies, and considering the limited amount of nobodies in the game, thats saying something.
As for unversed... guess I'll go with the floods. They're still as simple as ever and less irritating than those darn toads. Plus the fact that they're given more erratic movement from the engine only increases their appeal.
So what is your favorite foe in this game that took so long to make? let me know.

Phantom

For Heartless, I like Shadow the most. It might not have very interesting design, but it's cute in it's own way, and playing as one in KH was one of my favorite moments in the series.

For Nobodies, Gambler is my favorite. It has an interesting design and it's not annoying to fight, unlike some other nobodies.

For Unversed, I guess Flowersnake is my favorite. It looks more interesting than Flood and I loathe both toad enemies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
KH3 made me really love the Powerwilder heartless.

As for nobodies I'm a big fan of Marly's reapers and Axel's Assassin ones from KH2

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Reapers and Ninjas. Bizarre Archer is adorable. Winterhorns, too. Power Wilds have always been great enemies and I'm glad they've returned even if Tarzan never will. :( Frost Serpents and the Lich. I enjoy the variants of the nocturnes, requiems, black ballade, etc. The flan, even if they're barely any different from the Mushrooms... I enjoyed fighting the possessed stuffed animals, too, lol. I like the Gigas, Turtletoads, and Trolls for being challenging.

Back